Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 38 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next

Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Ebihara was better than like 90% of the Social Links in Persona 3.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Ebihara was better than like 90% of the Social Links in Persona 3.

I must agree with this, though we both know that it's not even remotely a compliment. :ron:

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Also, the fact that she just dumps my ass (even if I specifically picked the answers for the Friend route and not Romance route) after FORCING me into a relationship... yeah, they pretty much did a lot of wrong with her.

C-A

That doesn't happen if you pick the right answers.

Ai has massive self-esteem issues, so yes, most of the time the best answers are telling her what she wants to hear, you're trying to help her build confidence in herself. In the end, though, most of the choices don't matter too much unless you pick the real jerk answers; what's important is just being there.

I've felt worse.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Also, the fact that she just dumps my ass (even if I specifically picked the answers for the Friend route and not Romance route) after FORCING me into a relationship... yeah, they pretty much did a lot of wrong with her.

C-A

That doesn't happen if you pick the right answers.

^ This. I rejected her offer at rank 6, and she took that opportunity to reevaluate her life. Then I rejected her offer at rank 10, and she thanked Yu for being honest with her and giving her the opportunity to grow.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I rejected her offer, too, yet the game STILL considered us dating when I got to Rise's rank and was told, "If you hug Rise now, this totes means that you'se'll be dating. BUT you already have a girlfriend (Ai)... you jerk" and I just stared at the screen, wondering what girlfriend they were talking about.

C-A

Don't know what to tell you, either you gave a wrong answer at some point or hit some sort of glitch.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I wonder if it has anything to do with which version of the game you have? Either that, or it's an oversight.

I'll say this though, at least Ai's social link actually has radically different pathways to take, unlike most other social links.

I played the original PS2 version - I have not played Golden and I do not want to. (For reasons I have mentioned on this thread before)
So I don't know if it could be that.

Honestly, I read through her various events and saw no difference.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Seems like a small bug to get worked up over. If it bothers you put it down to Ai being crazy and not taking "no" for an answer rather than a glitch eh.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Seems like a small bug to get worked up over. If it bothers you put it down to Ai being crazy and not taking "no" for an answer rather than a glitch eh.

I do. It's part of why I hate her - won't take no for an answer and the game is just like that, too. Like when she 'breaks up' with me at the end, my options are all I don't wanna or something. Were's the option to say, "Good riddance"? Or even "Fine with me"? I don't like her, never wanted to date her, I only did her stupid social link once.

If I play P4 again, I will retain my part of only doing the family and party member links... except for Yukiko. :ron:

C-A

I've felt worse.

This would be the post where I link to the conversation where you reject Ai a second time, but apparently everyone else on the Internet chose to completely ignore that route.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
This would be the post where I link to the conversation where you reject Ai a second time, but apparently everyone else on the Internet chose to completely ignore that route.

Who wouldn't want to date her? She's the epitome of the adorable girl everyone wants to cuddle. :ron:

C-A

You know what would be awesome in P5? All social links are with your team members. Even better, if you have a social link with someone outside the team, you have the option to make them part of the team. That way, all social links are relevant to the plot.

Blah!

Persona 5 now has a North America release date: Valentine's Day (2/14/2017). Five months after the JP release date, so we should expect a good localization out of it.

There's also three versions of the physical game. The PS3 version is normal with no bonuses. The PS4 pre-order version comes in a steelbook case. Then there's a special edition (PS4 only) with the steelbook case, soundtrack, 4" Morgana plush, hardcover art book, and school bag. And if you have Amazon Prime, all of these versions are 20% off if you pre-order. The special edition is also in stock now (it wasn't earlier today).

Gettin' Old!

....No EU date huh?

*worry intensifies*
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
....No EU date huh?

*worry intensifies*

But the PS3 (and PS4?) are regionfree, right? So, technically, you could import the American version, if you are too worried of waiting too long or it not being released at all.

Personally, I only want one question answered for the American release: will it include Dual Audio?
If not, I don't care, I'll import the Japanese version and have it by October, I'm guessing.

C-A

Blah!

Persona 5 footage will be shown at E3.

EDIT: an Atlus representative on that post mentioned that right now it is English-only (purposely dodging an absolute no, so maybe, maybe not), as per usual for Atlus games. Also, no news for EU yet.

Blah!

Tons of information about Persona 5 is being released this week through a livestream event. Nenilein has been translating a bunch of stuff from it. There will probably be a summary of what's being released later, but here's some notable things:

• The full opening animation has been posted here, which includes the song with lyrics and characters that previously weren't revealed yet.
  • Here's a series of scenes that show off a new mechanic: this game's version of the TV world can be traveled through on Morgana shape-shifted into a bus.
  • Here's a portion of the game's demo. Tons of stuff to find there.
  • Cooperations are very different from social links. Apparently you are building allies, not necessarily BFFs/potentially romantic relationships all the time, and they may unlock special abilities rather than EXP boosts to fusions.
  • Several other videos not linked here can be found on the official YouTube page.

Also, I'd like to say, seems EU is getting the game. At Gamestop, it's in our list of upcoming releases - February 2017.

C-A

That's good to hear, Cat. I really hope you guys do, it'd be kind of stupid if you guys didn't considering how popular Persona has become.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
That's good to hear, Cat. I really hope you guys do, it'd be kind of stupid if you guys didn't considering how popular Persona has become.

Well, my main selling point right now would be Dual Audio. Since I have yet to hear if it has it and the Japanese version will come out in September, I am still heavily tempted to just preorder-import the Japanese version and play it in September/October and enjoy it then, rather than run the risk of pointlessly waiting until February next year and realize it only has English voices.

C-A

元・超会社員級の管理人

So P5's out in Japan

From what I've played (about half through the first dungeon) it's pretty much the same as P3/P4 except more stylish, with actual dungeons, some QOL improvements, and more (of everything), for better and for worse
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
So P5's out in Japan

From what I've played (about half through the first dungeon) it's pretty much the same as P3/P4 except more stylish, with actual dungeons, some QOL improvements, and more (of everything), for better and for worse

Due to money being a tad tight (my job doesn't pay much and I decided to get a 3DS XL, something I've been wanting for over a year, since my 3DS has been iffy), I decided to wait a bit longer to get it. If, in the meantime, the game is announced to have Dual Audio (WOULD YOU PLEASE SAY THAT IT HAS IT, ALREADY? THAT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET ME TO GET THE LOCALIZED VERSION), then I will preorder and wait until Feb.

C-A

Atlus already confirmed P5 wouldn't be released with dual audio

They said Japanese voice DLC was a slim possibly but don't count on it

I have to write this about Persona 4. Randomly.

I almost cry every single time during the part you have to say goodbye to your friends. Every. Single. Time. I swear I hate the game for putting me through this. BTW, this game is a true masterpiece, from beginning to end. It is not flawless, because I don't believe in perfection, but it provides one of the deepest emotional experiences a game can provide. I think all the major characters are relatable and likeable in their own way. Even Rise, who I disliked at first, is starting to grow on me. And Kanji. What a badass lol. Love him, his Social Link and how he is hilarious when he is pissed off. The game's sense of humor works really well for me too, especially in the school events, like the camp. Not only that, but I think the mystery surrounding the plot is very interesting, at least during the first months in the game's timeline. Ok, I'll stop here, or else I'll just keep going on and on about how good the game is.
And about Persona 3. I don't think it is a terrible game and it is kind of enjoyable to me like any generic or formulaic SMT game can be, but I can't deny that the characters are very dull. And when people compare it to Persona 4. I mean, Persona 4 is better and it is not even up to debate. Not to me, at least. Trying to convince someone that Persona 4 is better than Persona 3 when they think otherwise would be like trying to convince someone that the Earth revolves around the Sun, when they still believe the Earth is the center of the Universe. And before someone mentions this, I know this is just subjective opinion. lol

The vibe I'm getting from Persona 5 is that it is way less relationship-focused than P4, and more about action. I'm trying to convince myself that Persona 5 sucks, actually, even before I play the game. Because I don't want to keep high expectations just to be disappointed later. Oh well, let's wait until February.

P4 is much better - at least, the original version. Golden added too much "ZomG, look FANSERVICE" which... if I wanted fanservice, I'd just look at cheap fanfiction, thank you very much. Adding nothing but fanservice makes any fanservice really lose its appeal.

Outside of that, I agree that P4 is great. If someone tells me P3 is better, I feel like I must compare it to P4 - even if it's simply to say "the mechanics were much better handled". I mean, P3, you only have a social link with the girls (boy route). And you CAN'T upgrade your damn social link FOR THE ENTIRETY OF SUMMER VACATION. That's just dumb. Plus, as you say, the characters are pretty dull - I find them infuriatingly annoying (Yukari) to why are they even there (...Junpei, Shinjiro, and anyone else, really).

I barely know anything about P5, I only watched a few trailers before ordering it. Right now, I'm waiting for it to arrive.

C-A

P4G > P4 if for no other reason than being able to manually select the skills passed down to new Persona fusions

Cuts down on pointless hours of refreshing the fusion results to get the skills you want

Plus it's fun breaking the game completely with an invincible Yoshitsune

CatMuto wrote:
P4 is much better - at least, the original version. Golden added too much "ZomG, look FANSERVICE" which... if I wanted fanservice, I'd just look at cheap fanfiction, thank you very much. Adding nothing but fanservice makes any fanservice really lose its appeal.

Outside of that, I agree that P4 is great. If someone tells me P3 is better, I feel like I must compare it to P4 - even if it's simply to say "the mechanics were much better handled". I mean, P3, you only have a social link with the girls (boy route). And you CAN'T upgrade your damn social link FOR THE ENTIRETY OF SUMMER VACATION. That's just dumb. Plus, as you say, the characters are pretty dull - I find them infuriatingly annoying (Yukari) to why are they even there (...Junpei, Shinjiro, and anyone else, really).

I barely know anything about P5, I only watched a few trailers before ordering it. Right now, I'm waiting for it to arrive.

C-A

Eh, I think their idea of making a S. Link for Adachi was actually good. It haven't played it or watched it, so I don't know how well-executed the idea is, or how relevant the S. Link is, but I think it was a good idea.

...But even though this is only a detail and not something that usually bothers me, some of the outfits are very obnoxious. Like Naoto's swimsuit. I wonder WTH they were thinking when they created it. Honestly, the reason P4G hasn't catched my interest that much is probably because the new features seem mostly focused on the gameplay's value... nothing wrong with that, of course, but I'm more interested in what new features can offer to me in terms of relevance to the main plot.

Well, if you want extra relevance to the main plot, they shoe horned in a Mary Sue character that supposedly ties in to the final boss of the game. Aside from that, they pretty much added a bunch of new cutscenes and a whole winter scenario, as well as a new bad ending and a true golden ending, which the latter ties in to the Mary Sue I mentioned.

.....At least the songs associated with her were good.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Well, if you want extra relevance to the main plot, they shoe horned in a Mary Sue character that supposedly ties in to the final boss of the game.

Yeah. Mary Sue and Plot? Don't belong together. She serves NO purpose to the plot. Not one that makes any fucking difference, in the long run. Does it alter who the victims are? The murderer? How the plot develops? No.

C-A

Yeah. I enjoyed Golden, but that forced tie-in really left a bad taste in my mouth.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

My first time playing Persona 4 was the Golden edition, so I don't have nostalgia goggles for the original. However, I will say I don't like the way Marie was shoehorned into the story while ultimately being pointless. The problem with adding new characters to Persona 4 is that the narrative is already pretty tight, so adding anyone who's supposed to somehow be important to the main plot is going to make them feel tacked on. I mean, if they wanted to add Marie as an extra social link character, but make her as relevant as, say, Ebihara, I think she might have been more well liked. But no, they have to give her a significant plot beyond her social link arc, plus they make it seem like she's meant to be the canon love interest, which really sucks for fans on any of the love interest options you were originally given.

I really didn't mind the additional scenarios they added though. The beach, the holidays, and other vacations were fun additions, even though they weren't plot relevant. Why? Because they gave me more time with the characters I had come to enjoy (then the Golden Animation has to ruin everything and shoehorn Marie into those scenes too).

Sure, it'd be nice if more of the added features were relevant to the main plot, but I really didn't mind what we got. Heck, even though I dislike how Marie's character was handled, the dungeon that was part of her storyline was pretty neat, and it kind of made me wish they'd added more dungeons to the game proper, even though that would mean adding extra victims.

I know for me, I like everything that came with Marie. Her dungeon, her songs, etc. I just strongly dislike the character herself.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

TheDoctor wrote:
My first time playing Persona 4 was the Golden edition, so I don't have nostalgia goggles for the original.

Neither do I; I played the game only a few years ago - not back in 2009, when it originally released on the PS2. I still think the original version is better because it actually worked and delivered what it was: a fun game with an, admittedly, not that well done mystery and great music, as well as characters. Golden just added pointless fanservice after fanservice after fanservice, thought I'd just swallow that because LOOK, YOU CAN SEE THE GIRLS IN THE HOT SPRINGS AGAIN (ignoring the fact that the hot springs in the plot scene is one of the most infuriating about the girls) and then tried to shove Marie Sue in.

C-A

I'll concede the point about the hot springs scene being pretty infuriating. My point about the nostalgia goggles though is that I played Golden first, so minus a few gripes about Marie's character (and the hot springs bit you just brought up), I have no problems with the new additions.

On the other hand, if I had played the original first (whether I played it when it first came out, or first played it years later is irrelevant), then nostalgia goggles could potentially be a factor (or at the very least, "They Changed It, Now It Sucks" could come up).

One thing I did enjoy with Persona 4 Golden that felt very bare bones in the original is something I rarely see brought up. I loved how they vastly improved on the fishing mechanics. By being able to choose what bait to use, it made it much less RNG, which is always a welcome thing in my book.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
One thing I did enjoy with Persona 4 Golden that felt very bare bones in the original is something I rarely see brought up. I loved how they vastly improved on the fishing mechanics. By being able to choose what bait to use, it made it much less RNG, which is always a welcome thing in my book.

I found it almost impossible to do the Fox's final quest which was fishing dependent.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Havent touched P4 in a long time. Been so busy playing other games, and League. I really should go back, and finish it.

I see P5 does not alter the whole "basically watch a ton of scenes before you get to actually PLAY the game until 1 or 2 hours in" thing. A teeny bit thrown by Igor's new voice, but that's to be expected. It IS pretty much the opposite of what the previous man did.

C-A

I feel like working to unlock the third dungeon was BORING.

C-A
Page 38 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station