Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 13 of 13[ 512 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title

dangerousoffender wrote:
He and his group of friends wanted to create a YouTube Channel at some point. Shit makes me lol.

Tell him to get in line behind all the OTHER LPers and YouTubers who already make channels based on Minecraft playing.

C-A

dangerousoffender wrote:
@Southern Corn: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_In ... ertainment

The Mechanic wrote:
I love Minecraft a lot but I'm starting to dislike it because of all these little kids are ruining the game for me. All my little brother talks about is Minecraft. Because of this the community has gone down the crapper and I think Minecraft is super cringeworthy now, it most likely shares the same community with Five Nights At Freddy's. The only reason I play it now is for mods, servers, and creative.

My 12-year-old brother is one of these annoying kids you are talking about, I think.
Totally addicted to Minecraft. What's worse, he plays Minecraft while he is talking to his brat friends on Skype, who are playing Minecraft at the same time. And he makes a lot of noise. He and his group of friends wanted to create a YouTube Channel at some point. Shit makes me lol.

Doubt he has more than 5 subs like most of the other wannabe Let's Players.

Danksgiving

is this your brother

CatMuto wrote:
Tell him to get in line behind all the OTHER LPers and YouTubers who already make channels based on Minecraft playing.

I know, right? Too many people making videos about this thing already. I think I know why it is so popular, though. It is a game with no beginning or end, basically allowing endless possibilities. Also the reason why I can't stand games like this. Makes me confused, wanting to do a lot of things at the same time, and in the end, doing nothing. Things like Skyrim even. Too "open" for me.

-

@Mister Gruel Lol. This kid reminds me of him somehow, but I'm more likely to yell at him than he is to yell at me.

The Mechanic wrote:

I have 113 subs... I had 114 a few days ago. :sadshoe:

Quote:
I know, right? Too many people making videos about this thing already. I think I know why it is so popular, though. It is a game with no beginning or end, basically allowing endless possibilities. Also the reason why I can't stand games like this. Makes me confused, wanting to do a lot of things at the same time, and in the end, doing nothing. Things like Skyrim even. Too "open" for me.

Honestly, I'd love to make a Yandere Simulator video - I really like the concept of the game and all - but since it's only a debug mode and there is no actual 'winning' at this point... I would see no point in it. But YanDev is working on getting Osana, the first official rival, into the game. I might make one then, when something of the 'final' game is in there.

C-A

The miracle never happen

Oh, I know, don't you just hate it when a video game's community is ruined by kids? In case you can't read in between the lines, its Minecraft, it got completely ruined by the 12 year old kids who do nothing but play Minecraft, I used to love Minecraft, but now the only time I return to it is when I'm determined to build something cool or learn how to create complicate contraptions... and the worst part of it all, is how they think they're "hardcore gamers" because they know how to build a dirt house in peaceful mode...

Oh also, I detest when games for 3ds are digital only.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

The Mechanic wrote:

CatMuto wrote:
I have 113 subs... I had 114 a few days ago. :sadshoe:

I was not talking about you I was talking about someone else's little brother's channel. I bet your channel is great.

CatMuto wrote:
Honestly, I'd love to make a Yandere Simulator video - I really like the concept of the game and all - but since it's only a debug mode and there is no actual 'winning' at this point... I would see no point in it. But YanDev is working on getting Osana, the first official rival, into the game. I might make one then, when something of the 'final' game is in there.

Looool this game. One of these days, I saw my cousin playing something strange on her computer, like the game had a girl with blood all over her clothes, some kind of pink background... I thought, "what the hell is this?", and now I think it is the game you are talking about. The concept is fun, yeah. Hope they create the male version of the yandere too, it would be interesting.

@The Mechanic He hasn't created the channel yet, he just mentioned the idea. Knowing him, I don't think he will put the idea in practice :ron:

@Kessier I think people should let the kids be, though. Yeah, stuff annoys me, but in some cases you just have to accept it how it is, try to ignore it and let it go. Minecraft isn't a very mature-looking game to begin with, its concept is simple and it is perfectly understandable why the game is appealing for kids (of course, the game can be appealing for people of all ages, but I'm stating that it is comprehensible why it is appealing for kids). I understand that it is fucking annoying, but it is what it is.

Minecraft PVP servers I can't stand them. It's always the same you login with leather armor and a stone sword and you try to do stuff but every 5 seconds a hacker with enchanted diamond armor kills you and calls you a noob even though they hacked. It's even worse when admins do it. They kill you and say you suck hard and they kick you. I know you can donate but it's usually a insane amount like $50-$150. So basically it's rich snobs, hackers, and abusive admins killing you while telling you to kill yourself.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dangerousoffender wrote:
Looool this game. One of these days, I saw my cousin playing something strange on her computer, like the game had a girl with blood all over her clothes, some kind of pink background... I thought, "what the hell is this?", and now I think it is the game you are talking about. The concept is fun, yeah. Hope they create the male version of the yandere too, it would be interesting.

Honestly, I want YanDev to just work on the game the way he intended it to be. Fuck the idea of a male Yandere (which he A) already mentioned to be an idea he isn't all that interested, since it feels off to him and B) if he were to add it, would likely be a crowdfunding thing that would only happen at the very end of the game's development) or so.

Heck, half the reason people want a male Yandere is so they can have a gay Sempai-Yandere pairing. Which... well, given my previous post about how making Sempai female ALREADY is basically a gay mode for those players, is just asinine to add in.

C-A

Kessler wrote:
Oh, I know, don't you just hate it when a video game's community is ruined by kids? In case you can't read in between the lines, its Minecraft, it got completely ruined by the 12 year old kids who do nothing but play Minecraft, I used to love Minecraft, but now the only time I return to it is when I'm determined to build something cool or learn how to create complicate contraptions... and the worst part of it all, is how they think they're "hardcore gamers" because they know how to build a dirt house in peaceful mode...

Oh also, I detest when games for 3ds are digital only.

I wish I could go back to 2011 when mainly teens and young adults played this game before the kids came from Roblox and the community turned to sh*t. Now all my brother, Jason and his friend who is the dumbest kid I'v ever met named Garret talk about is Minecraft more like Minecrap. All my brother does is hog the T.V and play Minecraft non-stop on the ps3 and I just want to go down stairs and flip the circuit breaker to the living room when he finds diamonds just to see his reaction. He would probably cry because he is spoiled.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

CatMuto wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

Honestly, I want YanDev to just work on the game the way he intended it to be. Fuck the idea of a male Yandere (which he A) already mentioned to be an idea he isn't all that interested, since it feels off to him and B) if he were to add it, would likely be a crowdfunding thing that would only happen at the very end of the game's development) or so.

Heck, half the reason people want a male Yandere is so they can have a gay Sempai-Yandere pairing. Which... well, given my previous post about how making Sempai female ALREADY is basically a gay mode for those players, is just asinine to add in.

C-A

I'm not too familiar with Japanese stereotypes, but isn't a Yandere usually associated with being a female? If so, I'd feel throwing the choice of playing a male would kind of ruin what the whole purpose of the game was in the first place.

I will say, I do get annoyed when someone has an idea for a game, and then gets bashed or pestered when it's not fit into other people's ideals, for example, needing to be politically correct. Like, I have no hate against homosexuals, but must every game featuring marriage or relationships get pandered when they don't feature a homosexual relationship. It's stuff like that that bugs me. Enjoy the game for what it is because that was what the developers originally intended the game to be and how they intended to make it work. If you don't like it, just find something else that meets your standards instead of throwing complaints towards something that doesn't meet your standards due to not being "politically correct".

Honestly, I feel with the way the world is today, having to be politically correct, to me, is just as bad as racism. Because of all of this, people are way too sensitive nowadays, seem to get offended at every little thing, even when there's nothing directed at them in the first place, and want to force others to see things the way they do. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but I tend to see this more and more with political correctness and it just disgusts me. Why can't everyone just get along and accept each other's differences without being a jerk to each other? In my opinion, political correctness is a huge step backward instead of a step forward with how we treat each other. And I'll say outright that I blame this largely on the internet. With animosity, it seems people get away with being more hateful and hurtful to each other because there are no consequences and it starts movements like this where it just ends up hurting even more people. Yeah, the internet is great in being able to communicate with others around the world, but at the same time, I feel it's a huge double-edged sword.

Sorry for going into a mini-rant. I guess stuff like that just triggers me. I guess for me, I feel people should just enjoy games how they're supposed to be enjoyed. I'm okay if people disagree with characters, mechanics, or story, but when there's a complaint about an absence of something that people want because it's "politically correct", that angers me. Honestly, unless Yandere-Dev changes his mind of his own accord, I really hope he keeps the female protagonist and not include the male as that was his original vision and intent.

Now if he allowed Sempai or whatever to change genders, I honestly feel that wouldn't be AS big of deal considering the main point of the game is for the Yandere to win her love's heart, and unless being male is integral to the story, I don't see the gender being a big deal on this end. But again, I wish people would let him make the game he wants to make, and if they aren't happy with what he's envisioning, too bad. Get over it. Don't pressure him to make the game YOU want. It's HIS game, not YOURS.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Well, it is not like someone is pressing a gun against the guy's head and saying, "hey, either create a male Yandere or you are dead" :ron:
People are bitching and being demanding, I get it, but dealing with situations like this is something nearly every game developer goes through. If the guy creates a male Yandere against his own will, his problem, then, for being so influenciable and easily molded by the public's opinion.

Last edited by Thelema on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

dangerousoffender wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Well, it is not like someone is pressing a gun against the guy's head and saying, "hey, either create a male Yandere or you are dead" :ron:
People are bitching and being demanding, I get it, but this is something nearly every game developer goes through. If the guy creates a male Yandere against his own will, his problem, then, for being so influenciable or molded by the public's opinions.

This sounds exactly what someone on Tumblr would do to game devolpers. Man I have been talking a lot about Tumblr lately what's they're problem? I'v never tried a dating sim because well I'm 15 and I havn't really thought about dating yet. Anyway it's probably the same people who think mayonnaise is a gender and that all men must die. This is the exact reason why Tumblr gets hated on.

The Mechanic wrote:

This sounds exactly what someone on Tumblr would do to game devolpers. Man I have been talking a lot about Tumblr lately what's they're problem? I'v never tried a dating sim because well I'm 15 and I havn't really thought about dating yet. Anyway it's probably the same people who think mayonnaise is a gender and that all men must die. This is the exact reason why Tumblr gets hated on.

Tumblr is a CIA funded project, most of its users are bots and the whole purpose of the site is to brainwash and recruit idealistic teenagers to test a new method of mind control and establish world domination. Don't pay attention to what people say on that site, nothing good comes out of it.

dangerousoffender wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:

Tumblr is a CIA funded project, most of its users are bots and the whole purpose of the site is to brainwash and recruit idealistic teenagers to test a new method of mind control and establish world domination. Don't pay attention to what people say on that site, nothing good comes out of it.

That explains all of the cringeworthy posts that Tumblr has made over the years. The only reason I visit Tumblr anymore is because of the ask blogs and art. Those SJW have to nag about everything don't they? "Samus Aran is to sexual!" Um no she has that type of body because she works out and fights monsters. But all you do is stay home while you yell at people and gain weight.

Also I hate it when TV shows think they know gamers but they don't at all and they look stupid doing it. Gamers Guide To Everything is not how gamers act. Game Shakers is about mobile gaming, please mobile gaming is the worst type of gaming. If you want a TV show about video games make a Video Game Youtuber do it. (Like PBG, Game Theory, Gaming Historian, Jwittz, and many more.)

dullahan1 wrote:
I'm not too familiar with Japanese stereotypes, but isn't a Yandere usually associated with being a female? If so, I'd feel throwing the choice of playing a male would kind of ruin what the whole purpose of the game was in the first place.

Correct. Yandere is a term that is mostly associated with female characters - granted, there are male Yandere characters in various media, but they are not the 'typical' Yandere-type. Female Yandere are so obsessed with their target of 'love', they kill out of very intense jealousy. With most male Yanderes I've seen, they tend to be possessive of their target and less inclined to instantly kill.

Which is one reason why I am against a Yandere-kun. As YanDev said, if he is added, he'll either be basically genderswapped Yandere-chan (emotionless until meeting Sempai) or be possessive and see things as a game... which is not what a Yandere is about and makes me think of Christian Grey and all those other assholes in books.

Quote:
I will say, I do get annoyed when someone has an idea for a game, and then gets bashed or pestered when it's not fit into other people's ideals, for example, needing to be politically correct. Like, I have no hate against homosexuals, but must every game featuring marriage or relationships get pandered when they don't feature a homosexual relationship.

OmG, absolutely! As my previous post says, I hate how people keep demanding the gay option in Yandere Simulator! And by gay, they mean two guys. Because two girls in love are not gay. These idiots think you need to pander to everyone to get a good game and, god forbid, you don't and get hated by people for being 'heteronormative'. These idiots don't realize that making Sempai a girl (which is a feature to be implemented - I'd say later on, because there is frankly no reason to do so beyond cosmetics right now) would be a gay option! All the rivals are, and will, remain girls and love Sempai. Their suitors are male, so they would be bisexual.

Quote:
Honestly, I feel with the way the world is today, having to be politically correct, to me, is just as bad as racism. Because of all of this, people are way too sensitive nowadays, seem to get offended at every little thing, even when there's nothing directed at them in the first place, and want to force others to see things the way they do.

I agree, again. I see no point in saying 'African American' or 'Asian American' for someone who is black or Asian. For one, not everybody is a freaking American. For another, hey, if they do not call me caucasian, why should I call them something else? I call 'em the non-offensive, but descriptive word. Black, Asian, Turkish, whatever. I wouldn't use the N word, but I see no point in cuddling up the world in a cotton ball. People get offended by getting hit by a marshmallow.

Quote:
Now if he allowed Sempai or whatever to change genders, I honestly feel that wouldn't be AS big of deal considering the main point of the game is for the Yandere to win her love's heart, and unless being male is integral to the story, I don't see the gender being a big deal on this end. But again, I wish people would let him make the game he wants to make, and if they aren't happy with what he's envisioning, too bad. Get over it. Don't pressure him to make the game YOU want. It's HIS game, not YOURS.

As said, Sempai's gender right now is basically nothing but cosmetics. Yandere cannot interact with him (she's too shy), the test rival doesn't interact with him... he's just there. He's like Serah in FF XIII: a plot device. Now, when Osana is implemented, she will have 5 scenes with Sempai that the player can sabotage, so Sempai is becoming a bit more important. But outside of that, there's still not a good reason to focus on implementing a female Sempai.

YanDev has already had ideas for his game and changed them. Not because people were annoyed, but because he realized it wouldn't work well. He wanted fighting like in the Yakuza games, then stopped cause he realized it wouldn't work and might distract. He might still add something like it down the line, especially against the delinquent leader rival, but it's not a cert. He had the idea of Yandere-chan killing a kitten and burying it above a corpse, to put the police dog off-track. He removed it, not because people were saying "you can't kill an animal!", but because he realized... it wouldn't work. Police dogs are trained to ignore false-positives like animals instead of human decomp smells. He would have to add a ton of lore on how this would work out - he realized it wouldn't be worth it.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with a game developer changing his mind on things or mildly altering what he originally wanted. I mean, better than someone creating a mess of a game where half the implementations make no sense, but are there cause the game developer wanted them there because of his vision. But not have the spine of a cooked noodle.
One reason why, when I contact YanDev, it will ONLY be about fanart - which he really appreciates and doesn't mind getting contacted about, because it makes him feel like it's worthwhile.

Quote:
(Like PBG, Game Theory, Gaming Historian, Jwittz, and many more.)

I'd totally watch a show with PBG.

C-A

Out of all of them I think Gaming Historian would be the most likely because his series already seems like a PBS show and it would be a perfect fit into the network and it would get a bigger audience of viewers that stay. I am so tired of 40-50 year network CEO's thinking they know video games when they don't.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Paid DLC costumes. Used to be costumes were items included in the game as little bonuses for random accomplishments. Seeing them relegated to the realm of DLC makes me mad.

I don't mind when they're free downloadable costumes, but when I have to pay extra for them, it's almost never worth it without them being bundled into a season pass or something.

TheDoctor wrote:
Paid DLC costumes. Used to be costumes were items included in the game as little bonuses for random accomplishments. Seeing them relegated to the realm of DLC makes me mad.

I don't mind when they're free downloadable costumes, but when I have to pay extra for them, it's almost never worth it without them being bundled into a season pass or something.

Funnily enough, I was thinking of that exact concept earlier. Specifically, I was thinking how Tales of Xillia and Tales of Graces had costumes for Milla and what's-her-face Cheria based on concert costumes of Ayumi Hamasaki and Utada Hikaru, respectively. And those came from having purchased the single of the respective singer, which had a code for the outfit.
You know, overall wouldn't bug me much, except that's a real fist up the ass. Now, Ayumi and Utada are known in Germany, yes, but it's still very difficult to get their singles at times, especially if it's one that is advertised as "ZoMG, one-time-code inside!".

And while I don't mind DLC costumes, if the costumes are ones that are... well, different, I don't mind so much to buy them. Of course, I am very picky and tend to only get certain items, even if there is a 'cheaper' download of them all as a set. What I don't like, is when majority of the game's assets are removed, just to have more DLC. *coughNAMCOcough*

And I absolutely despise it when color swaps of the default costumes are DLC. *coughHyruleWarriorscough* If it's free to download, like the palette swaps of the default costumes in Tales of Xillia, I don't mind. Because palette swaps are NOT costumes and should never, EVER be something I have to pay for.

Kinda miss the days where DLC was not really a thing... back when you were only screwed over certain costumes because you dared to live in some country other than Japan.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Installing games on consoles is stupid. If I wanted to install my games, I play on my PC.

Personally, rather like it... if doing that lowers any loading times drastically.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I mean when it is mandatory to play the game. Then the "pick up and play" advantage console had over PC is gone.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm definitely with you there. If I want to install the damn game on the console, I'd just download it from online. I always forget that it takes 30-60 minutes to install, and I'll get home with a new game only to sit in my chair waiting for it to install.

Gettin' Old!

Thunder84 wrote:
I'm definitely with you there. If I want to install the damn game on the console, I'd just download it from online. I always forget that it takes 30-60 minutes to install, and I'll get home with a new game only to sit in my chair waiting for it to install.

Eats up tonnes of space on hard drives too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

You know, a Mario game!

I hate it when people pronounce Mario's name as "Mary-o". You'd think that people would know how to pronounce it by now with how he says it out loud in virtually every game released these days, but I've always heard people mispronounce it. I also am bothered when people pronounce Wario's name like the word war, when it rhymes with Mario's name! That's always bugged me since I was a kid!
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Happy Maria

I believe they even made a character in Mario Maker called Mary.O to make fun of this.

Thanks, DKO

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Not really something in games for me, but an outside source of frustration for myself as a gamer. When companies misuse/squander IPs and characters by forgetting they even exist or making shit out of their former selves.

Konami.

You what really grinds my gears as a gamer? "Gamers". Not gamers. "Gamers". The kind that only plays the most well-known, popular and edgiest video games, mocks everything made by Nintendo as "childish", cares only about 40K 60 FPS hyperrealistic graphics, thinks Mortal Kombat and Injustice are the most properly competitive fighting games on the planet, will mock anything with 2D visuals as being "just for kids because 3D games are harder", think watching Youtube videos gives them enough know-how to judge a game, treat indie games like they don't exist and honestly just make complete and utter asses of themselves.

If you take a look at my Imgur album showcasing all of the games on my PC you'll see that my, for lack of a better word, "scope" has decent breadth, and I play plenty of enjoyable AAA games as much as I do enjoyable indie games. Do I feel like the general indie game is better than the general AAA game? In the current day, I feel like the answer is "yes", on the grounds the general modern indie game does, for the most part, trump the general modern AAA game in uniqueness and personality, and indie games are strong enough now to hold their own on the technical side of things. So yes, I do believe one is generally better than the other, and I do believe 2D platformers are generally more fun than 3D platformers, but even then I'm not going to have the gall to act the same as these "gamers" and go out of may to insult each and every game that I may not've enjoyed, or may not have even tried to play, and act like just because I have a preference means everyone else is dumb for not agreeing.

Spoiler:
Except that Shovel Knight and Super Meat Boy are the best traditional 2D platformers, tbh.

The Real Human Being

You know what really grinds my gears?
"Flailing" Attacks.
Any enemy, in any game, that has an attack that is literally just the enemy FLAILING at you, will be my most hated enemy.
Crazy Hand from Smash brothers, early Dark Souls enemies, Those floating ball fuckers from kingdom hearts.
"HA HA, FLAILING HA HA MULTI HIT DAMAGE THAT JUST SUCKS YOU INTO IT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH"
I ree every time, a deep guttural ree that starts low that always ends with a game over screen climaxing into my autistic screech of frustration.
I hate it so much because it gets me, every, single, time.
And it's never just a small amount of damage, oh no, each flail is like a full damage attack.
You got hit ONCE and got SUCKED IN
You DESERVE to fucking DIE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The video game boy; the one who wins

When you're low on health and it starts beeping and won't stop until the health is restored (or you die). First of all I'm most likely already aware I'm low on health, and even if not, a short sound to alert me of the fact would more than suffice, not constant beeping.
It's annoying, it's distracting, it's discouraging, it makes me not want to keep going because I can't focus on anything or enjoy the experience.
It's especially annoying when it goes by not an established portion of health but the amount of health in relation to the full bar/capability. Like in A Link Between Worlds, I got down to three hearts and the beeping started. Three hearts was the full health capability when starting the game and now it behaves as if I'm in mortal danger when I have it. I even went out of a dungeon to grind for health last time it happened, not because I was worried I'd die before finding more hearts in there, but because I couldn't stand hearing that fucking noise.

Not completely similar but related, when being close to losing in Elite Beat Agents and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan the bottom screen stops showing the agents/cheerleaders dancing and instead shows them panting and looking troubled. It doesn't really encourage me to try and turn the tides and get back on track when the characters look defeated even though I haven't lost yet.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

What's a Court Records?

I hate it when RPGs have level caps. It's really annoying when you're at the highest level (until you unlock sidequests to raise the level cap) you can go and the boss you're trying to fight keeps beating your ass and you're only going to beat it by barely making it out alive.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Time limits.
Can't have fun, with one looming over me. Worse if it's in something like stealth or turn-based, which is as antithetical as possible.
Page 13 of 13 [ 512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station