Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

Photobucket banning 3rd party hostingTopic%20Title

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Heads up. Photobucket has changed their TOS to where you cannot hotlink images from your account. Slowly people are finding themselves locked out of their accounts because of this, and to unlock you have to fork over $400. Accounts that have been hit will show this in place of an image:

Looks like it's happened with mine also.
They're pretty much holding your images for ransom, and this needs to be spread around and those rat bastards reported.

http://www.laurenwayne.com/2017/06/phot ... -site.html
Re: Photobucket banning 3rd party hostingTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Wow, really? I think the thing to do here is to boycott it and use a better alternative like imgur.

Whoa, super shitty, thanks for the warning, saving my junk now

Gettin' Old!

Hmm I'm trying to get my old signature to run on imgur but while it goes there fine it won't let me put it back into my signature. Can someone help me work this?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

It's been a prominent problem lately. Not sure why. When I try, it says that the dimensions of the image couldn't be determined. Probably best to PM the mods in this case.

Socot wrote:
It's been a prominent problem lately. Not sure why. When I try, it says that the dimensions of the image couldn't be determined. Probably best to PM the mods in this case.

I've got the same problem. I can't even remove the one that Photobucket zapped because when I try it says that about the other two. And I know they're within the sig size limit (been within limits for maybe 5 years).

Man both Pissbucket and Imageshack doing away with 3rd party hosting has screwed up so many topics here. I decided to look up some from the past and found nearly all of the images gone. Like in this one (still a funny moment on these forums):
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13030

I managed to pull the Bucket images (despite them telling me to disable my Adblock first) and upload them to Tinypic, then updated my posts with them so people can see what they were (no luck with Imageshack).

Gettin' Old!

TinyPic? That might be a suitable alternative. Maybe I can get my images running again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

I've always used imgur, and aside from the occasional server overload, all of my memes shitposts images have remained there since day 1. They have been trying to turn it into a pseudo social platform, but you can always set the images to private.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
I've always used imgur, and aside from the occasional server overload, all of my memes shitposts images have remained there since day 1. They have been trying to turn it into a pseudo social platform, but you can always set the images to private.

Yeah I tried that to start but earlier posts in the thread showed that it was having trouble with imgur images.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Yeah I tried that to start but earlier posts in the thread showed that it was having trouble with imgur images.

Just a small bump, but recently the images in signatures have started working again, so you can replace the Photobucket images now for good.

Happy Maria

Posting here again, but it seems that all the Photobucket images have returned somehow?!

Huh, apparently they have. And their site still mentions needing to buy one of their plans for 3rd party hosting, so no idea what's happening. Let's hope it stays that way, for the sake of about half the images in the old topics here.
Signature loading, please wait...

Google tells me they were e-mailing users a while back telling them they could buy a cheaper plan (as opposed to the $400 one) to enable 3rd party hosting. Perhaps that was an attempt to undo the damage, and this a further one? I'm still gonna stick with Imgur.

Happy Maria

Well, it seems they have a new management now. Guess that explains a lot of stuff. So I guess this means that Photobucket will be free again for the foreseeable future?

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Well, it seems they have a new management now. Guess that explains a lot of stuff. So I guess this means that Photobucket will be free again for the foreseeable future?

That's incredibly weird.

Sumguy had just fixed my old signature so it was within acceptable Margins then this happens?

Bah I still appreciate it Sumguy!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Well that's ten minutes of my life I'm not getting back.
Southern Corn wrote:

"For a limited time, we are offering a new, competitive subscription package that includes ad-free storage and 3rd party image hosting for just $1.99 per month, or $19.99 per year - which is 95 percent less than the previous pricing model. A free subscription option will still be available to customers who do not require 3rd party image hosting."

I'm assuming any images people upload to Photobucket in the future won't be able to be accessed off-site unless they've bought a subscription.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Seems so, but at the very least:

Quote:
Q: What if I don’t want to purchase a subscription? Can I have my images back?

A: Yes, you are free to download your images. They belong to you! We believe our new subscription plan is priced fairly and is very competitive to other services. Our new management team is committed to serving our customers in the best possible way, and we hope you will consider this offer and keeping your images with Photobucket.

You'll be able to take back your photos if you don't want to get a subscription.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices