Spoiler: Contributors--Spriters
Double KO
TripleSlice
Ucha Nekome
Skosi

Spoiler: Contributors--Co-Writers/Comedians
TripleSlice
Ucha Nekome
FanFreak (owner of the Case Developer Discord)

Setting:
Months after the events at Hazakura Temple, Pearl Fey still holds herself responsible for her part in her mother's plan to attack her cousin, Maya... She decides that if she wants to protect Mystic Maya just like Phoenix does, so nothing like what happened at the temple can happen again, she needs to get a lot smarter! So she goes to the one place she knows where kids can get smarter: elementary school!

However, the court-worshipping principal of Younglawe Elementary, Mr. Laday, has founded a school court where children play the roles of lawyer and prosecutor. When a student is accused of playing a prank or breaking a school rule, they're brought to this school court so that their classmates can find the truth... After a fateful encounter with the school's hall monitor, Pearl Fey gets roped into becoming the school's latest defense attorney, giving her the chance to learn to be just like Mr. Nick, exactly as she wanted..!

Spoiler: Case 1 ~ Turnabout Heroine:
Defense Attorney: Pearl Fey
Prosecutor: Fantine Payne
Victim: Clarka Kentwood (and the Seekers of Hope), Johanne Watterson
Defendant: Mai Laday
Crime: Stealing Clarka Kentwood's toys from Johanne's locker and locking them on the school's roof

Pearl Fey arrives at Younglawe Elementary and is greeted by chaos ensuing as our victims find themselves locked on top of the school roof. When every other student at Younglawe Elementary refuses to defend Mai Laday, due to her reputation of being something of a bully, Pearl Fey is pressured into defending her as her one and only shot at having her name cleared!

But the toys were locked on the roof of the school, and Mai Laday is the only one with access to the door to the roof... how could someone else commit this crime? Isn't it impossible..?

Current Progress:
Planning: 100%
Spriting: 100%
Miscellaneous Visuals: 100%
Coding: 10%

Spoiler: Characters -- Clarka Kentwood
Clarka Kentwood is the victim of Turnabout Heroine and assistant to Pearl throughout Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney. 9 year old 3rd grader and peer to Pearl, Clarka Kentwood is a zealous fan of the recent brand of fictional lawyer-themed superheroes, the Seekers of Hope, whom she believes are real and are being channeled through her action figures. She is notably smug and confident in her demeanor, often tossing around lingo common for the characters in the The Seekers of Hope comics, a notable mixture of super-hero and lawyer quips. She and Vandal form a duality that play on cliches present in superhero v supervillain conflicts, but also tropes present heavily in Ace Attorney's lawyer v prosecutor conflicts.

Name: "Clarka" is a feminine corruption of "Clark". "Kentwood" is a corruption of the surname "Kent." Clark Kent is the secret identity of DC superhero "Superman," fitting with Clarka's belief that she is, herself, a superhero.

Preliminary sketch drawn by Double KO
Sprite sketches drawn by Double KO

Spoiler: Characters -- Johann Waterson
Johann is a Hall Monitor and protege to Shamus Flatfoot, one of the two characters occupying the role of "detective". Though a 10 year old 4th grader, Johann is intelligent, crafty and hard-working. As an excellent student, he was well respected among the student and teacher body, and so was chosen to succeed Shamus as the head Hall Monitor.

Kind-hearted and martyrous, he fell from grace after defending Clarka from Lexi Litha's bullying and the others who followed her in kind. Now with harassment also being directed at him, he began to lose respect from most other students. Despite his willingness to defend Clarka, Johann is generally unassertive and meek, not often speaking up when he feels as if something or someone is unfair towards him, and he usually accepts the bullying people direct at him without complaint and without tattling. However, as of working under Shamus, Johann gets a burst of self-confidence allowing him to now apprehend rule-breakers when need be.

Name: Johann Waterson is a corruption of John Watson, which references him working under Shamus as Watson does for Sherlock Holmes.

Spoiler: Characters -- Shamus Flatfoot
Shamus Flatfoot is a Hall Monitor, being one of the two characters occupying the role of "detective", and is an 11 year old 5th grader. Shamus Flatfoot is, in his role, self-important and subtly condescending. He willingly adopts the persona of a detective and speaks in a funny, effected way...

Name: Shamus Flatfoot follows a naming trend set by detective Dick Gumshoe from the official Ace Attorney games in that his given and surnames are both synonymous with "detective."

Spoiler: Characters --Mai Laday
Mai Laday is the defendant of Turnabout Heroine, 11 year old 5th grader, and daughter of the Younglawe Elementary School's principal, resulting in her becoming the self-proclaimed "princess of Younglawe Elementary". She often uses her relationship to the principal to push people around. She's a well-known bully, and loves giving people rotten nicknames.

Name: Mai Laday is "My lady", a term of endearment for a woman in a position of authority, like a princess

Spoiler: Characters--Fantine Payne
Fantine Payne is exclusively the prosecutor of Turnabout Heroine, and is an 11 year old 5th grader, peer to Shamus. She is the awkward, self-conscious granddaughter of Winston Payne, who attempts to mask her insecurities by emulating the demeanor of her proud prosecutor grandfather -- with much notable deliberation and anxiety.

Name: Fantine Payne is a corruption of "faint in pain", following the trend of the Payne family's names reading as phrases related to reactions to physical distress.

Spoiler: Characters -- Hugh Toole
Hugh Toole is a 23 year old educator at the Younglawe Elementary School and honorary judge who presides over all of Pearl's trials. Thanks to the likes of Phoenix Wright, recently lawyers have started to be held in high regard, and as a result the Younglawe Elementary School has started providing classes dealing in the Californian legal system, of which Hugh Toole is the teacher, making him the perfect candidate to act as judge.

Despite his young age, the melodramatic ensemble of bizarre youth who attend Younglawe Elementary School who deal with their drama by means of overly convoluted schemes and plots have left him with balding, graying hair and a passive acceptance of the oblivion constantly breaking loose about him.

Name: Hugh Toole is a play on "huge tool", which he has become to his job.

Spoiler: Case 2 ~ Time to Turnabout
Defense's Aide: Clarka Kentwood
Prosecutor: Vandal Fisk
Prosecutor's Aide: Mai Laday
Victim(s): Younglawe Elementary School
Defendant: Andrew O'Card
Crime: Hosting an illegal card-game tournament in the school, gambling for money, cheating

Andrew O'Card is on his way to becoming the world's best Seekers of Hope TCG player! So, when a secret, underground Seekers of Hope TCG tournament is hosted and he's invited, he's more than happy to prove his metal in his favorite card! But when the event is discovered by the school, Shamus Flatfoot reveals he has evidence that O'Card is the one who hosted the "illegal" tournament in the first place...

Worried that his reputation as a master gamer is at stake, Andrew O'Card calls upon Pearl Fey and Clarka Kentwood to defend him from the new prosecutor, a supervillain who appears to take the card game very seriously...

Current Progress:
Planning: 30%
Spriting: 0%
Miscellaneous Visuals: 5%
Coding: 0%

Spoiler: Characters -- Andrew O'Card
Andrew O'Card is a very self-confident, but nonetheless unpopular and geeky young man who loves one thing and one thing only: the Seekers of Hope TCG! He believes he's on track to become the world's best SoHTCG player, and never passes up an opportunity to prove his ability in the game!

Name: Andrew O'Card is meant to sound like "And drew a card".

Spoiler: Case 3 ~ Turnaround Turnabout
Defense's Aide: Clarka Kentwood
Prosecutor: Vandal Fisk
Prosecutor's Aide: Mai Laday
Victim(s): Sandy Hamwich, the Class Pet Hamster
Defendant: Paige Turner

A locked-room murder mystery in Younglawe Elementary!? It's more likely than you think!

Paige Turner is a lonely, bookish girl who likes to stay inside at recess and read mystery novels... So, when four of her classmates are looking into the window of the classroom to make fun of her, only to witness her murdering the class pet hamster Sandy Hamwich, they know she's the only person who could've done it!

The school building is locked tight at recess, Paige Turner was the only student inside of the school at the time the murder occurred, it's impossible for someone else to have been hiding in the school, and multiple witnesses saw the hamster fall over and die the second she put her hand into its cage! Who else could commit the crime in this locked-room mystery!?

Spoiler: Characters -- Paige Turner
Paige Turner is a 9 year old fourth grader who likes to read mystery novels. She's shy and not very assertive, so she tends to stay inside at recess so she doesn't have to compete for time on the playground swing. She loves puzzles and riddles, and will often interrupt conversations to pose a brain-teaser to someone. She says she learned a lot of them from her father's British friend, "Uncle Hershey"...

Name: Paige Turner = "page turner", a term for a very enjoyable book you can't put down

Last edited by HeartfeltDesu on Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:54 am, edited 75 times in total.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney (HELP WANTED!!!)(60% in planninTopic%20Title

Uendo stole our diagnosis...

Hi! I'm also working on an Ace Attorney fangame called Wright and Justice: Ace Attorneys - Capital Offense.
I know a YouTuber named Broocevelt who makes custom AA music. Just ask him for permission to use his music and he'll let you. He let me, too.
Also, if you need any voice actors for characters who are guys around 14-16, I can do that. :athena:
Image Mindcastle SystemImage

manifesting ciconia phase 2

I can beta test and make art (though it's traditional only, so I can do character designs but no digital art). I have attempted spritework a few times, but not sure if they'll be good.

Yabba Dabba Doo

For music, I'd also recommend Broocevelt. He's a fantastic composer.

As for the core concept, it's so adorably brilliant that I'm thrilled to see how this turns out.

Thanks, DKO

Double KO wrote:
I can beta test and make art (though it's traditional only, so I can do character designs but no digital art). I have attempted spritework a few times, but not sure if they'll be good.

To clarify, you're fully capable of designing the characters, but actually doing the sprites for them is a no-go? That may actually be quite helpful. As soon as I can find some more assistance with the artistic aspect of this project and I'm sure Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney will be able to pick up, I'd like to speak more with you.

Thunder84 wrote:
For music, I'd also recommend Broocevelt. He's a fantastic composer.

As for the core concept, it's so adorably brilliant that I'm thrilled to see how this turns out.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll certainly look into him.

I, too, am in some anticipation as to what'll come of this, as I'm not quite sure where I'm going with the story yet. I'm considering giving the overarching narrative some additional depth that juxtaposes with the light-hearted comedic premise in nature, though I'm not sure how to do that without compromising the child-like simplicity of the game. Unfortunately, as I'm not artistically inclined, I can't say I'm quite sure if I'll be able to, in time, get well endowed with even Frankenspriting, so until I can get some assistance on the artistic aspect of the game, I may not be able to pick the project up any time soon. If you know any willing and able to help, I'd appreciate it very much if you could point them in my direction.

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
To clarify, you're fully capable of designing the characters, but actually doing the sprites for them is a no-go? That may actually be quite helpful. As soon as I can find some more assistance with the artistic aspect of this project and I'm sure Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney will be able to pick up, I'd like to speak more with you.

No, I can make sprites. My experience in traditional art has facilitated my learning of sprite art, but I've only started spriting about a few months ago. I just can't do stuff like CGs. I can PM you some sprites I've made in the past if you want. Also, I think I can provide voice clips for young girls like Pearl if you need.

Thanks, DKO

Double KO wrote:
I can PM you some sprites I've made in the past if you want.

Yes, that'd be very nice! I'd love to see your work!

Thanks, DKO

UPDATE:
Included Double KO as an official contributor to Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney
Added Clarka Kentwood preliminary drawing
Updated Turnabout Heroine's synopsis
Update Pearl Fey Ace Attorney's setting.

Thanks, DKO

UPDATE:
Included TripleSlice as a contributor
Included Clarka Kentwood's personality in her spoiler content.

The law is full of contradictions.

I can help with writing and comedy. Like the name of the prosecutor. I feel you can do better than Brianna. Not many people would get it. (Heck I don't get it...) Fantine Payne now THAT is perfect for a female Payne. Fantine as in Faint in. She could even have a breakdown where she faints dramatically. Also just to tell you how much better Fantine is, Fantine means "childish" while Brianna means "she is strong".
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Dracarys!

Thanks, DKO

Ucha Nekome wrote:
I can help with writing and comedy. Like the name of the prosecutor. I feel you can do better than Brianna. Not many people would get it. (Heck I don't get it...) Fantine Payne now THAT is perfect for a female Payne. Fantine as in Faint in. She could even have a breakdown where she faints dramatically. Also just to tell you how much better Fantine is, Fantine means "childish" while Brianna means "she is strong".

The pun is actually "bring on the pain". However, I can easily say that "Fantine" for "faint in pain" is majorly more fitting, considering it fits with the theme for reacting to pain set by Winston Payne (wince in pain) and Gaspen Payne (gasp in pain). I honestly like "Fantine" so much better.

Also, if you want to contribute as a Co-Writer and Comedian, please DM me your Discord information (or please make a Discord and send me the information all the same). TripleSlice had the idea to organize information being sent between each of the contributors and me in a real-time environment, rather than the hard-to-do-consistently e-mail-esque format of Court-Record's PM's, in a Discord server dedicated to this game. I'll add you post-haste, as soon as I can.

Ropfa wrote:

And there would be the motivation I need to make Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney as great as it can be: the watchful gaze of a famous fancase maker.

Anyway, glad to see you here. Hope you aren't disappointed in the final product.

Thanks, DKO

UPDATE:
Included a character profile complete with preliminary sketches drawn by Double KO on "Shamus Flatfoot"

Thanks, DKO

UPDATE:
Added a profile and preliminary sketch for character "Vandal Fisk"
Changed Brianna Payne's name to "Fantine Payne"

hi

Hey there! This sounds really cool and I would love to help out. I can be a co-writer and/or comedian if you'd like, since that's what I'm best at.

Thanks, DKO

UPDATE:
Included character profile for "Fantine Payne."

Blinky wrote:
Hey there! This sounds really cool and I would love to help out. I can be a co-writer and/or comedian if you'd like, since that's what I'm best at.

That sounds wonderful! Please DM me your Discord information and I'll be able to contact you about the project.
Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title

Thanks, DKO

UPDATES:
Created character profile for Fantine Payne
Included explanation of Vandal Fisk's name
Created character profile for Lexi Litha.

Changed project's name to place-holder "Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile Court" to better relay the premise of the game due to suggestions that its previous name suggested a wholly satirical role-swap game

The law is full of contradictions.

I'm still willing to contribute to this. :3 just contact me whenever you feel ready.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Thanks, DKO

Updates:
Skosi and Ucha Nekome have been included as "Spriters."
Dr. Ocsid and Ucha Nekome have been included as "Co-Writers"/"Comedians"

Thanks, DKO

Updates:
Updated Turnabout Heroine progress
Added Turnabout Heroine character profile for Johann Waterson
Added sprite sketches for Fantine Payne
Added outline for Case 3 ~ The Diabolic Turnabout
Added Diabolic Turnabout character profile for Percy Faux

Thanks, DKO

Update:
Included FanFreak (Owner of the Ace Attorney Fancase Developer Discord) as a collaborator
Added the Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney boxart (done by Double KO)

Just to note, Skosi did most of the art on the boxart.

Thanks, DKO

Update:
Added sprite sketches for Johann Waterson

Thanks, DKO

Update:
Added a character profile for Diabolic Turnabout character "Mikoto Uzume"

Thanks, DKO

Update:
Added character profile for judge Hugh Toole.

I can't use pfp's from URLs ;-;

Hmm... Well, maybe I could try to work on images like this: Image

Or this: Image

Or this: Image

Or maybe even the case arts: Image

But, it might take me a while, be it trying to match the art style (if, that is, I have to draw not with mine) in Traditional, or adding the details (shading, etc.) in Digital

You ok with this?
Good evening. Nate here.

Nate wrote:
Hmm... Well, maybe I could try to work on images like this:
But, it might take me a while, be it trying to match the art style (if, that is, I have to draw not with mine) in Traditional, or adding the details (shading, etc.) in Digital

You ok with this?

Sure, mate, you saying you can do CGs? We're always looking for more help, so feel free to send us your Discord info via PMing me or Heartfelt, and it'd be appreciated if you could send some prior work if you have some. Thanks for following the development of PF: AA.

Double KO wrote:
Sure, mate, you saying you can do CGs? We're always looking for more help, so feel free to send us your Discord info via PMing me or Heartfelt, and it'd be appreciated if you could send some prior work if you have some. Thanks for following the development of PF: AA.

Thank you very much. I'll give you my Discord when I can
Good evening. Nate here.

Thanks, DKO

Update:
Boxart updated with logo designed by Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog#7841 (Discord)

Thanks, DKO

Update:
Added character profile for Diabolic Turnabout characters Sopra Terra and Via Brezza.

Yup. I'm a salmon.

Dropped by just to pat you on the back for the great idea!
Also the character designs are awesome and fit very well with the work.

IronicSalmon wrote:
Dropped by just to pat you on the back for the great idea!
Also the character designs are awesome and fit very well with the work.

Aw thanks man ^^

Thanks, DKO

Update:
-Case 2 - Turnabout Spirit outline released
-Turnabout Spirit Defendant "Ray Corditt" profile released

Thanks, DKO

Update:
Refined Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney's "Setting" description.
Updated Case 2 - Turnabout Spirit's description.

Mia Payne

Nice this is still being worked on, hope case 1 gets released soo n

Thanks, DKO

Blizdi wrote:

We're definitely trying, but unfortunately, as most of the staff are, unironically, schoolkids, the time we have to properly work on the project is limited. Rest assured, though, that once we got just a few more miscellaneous visuals we'll be able to work on finalizing the first case.

Blizdi wrote:

Ey thanks my dude here's hoping

Mia Payne

Miscellaneous visuals hype

Thanks, DKO

Progress on Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney will be temporarily halted. All files related to the game were irrevocably deleted from my harddrive after a forced reformatting, and so all code for Turnabout Heroine will have to be manually rewritten.

On a more positive note, thanks to contributions from FanFreak247, Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney ~ Juvenile Court will also feature something of an original soundtrack, some samples included below, names pending:

Logic and Aspirations
Detention Center ~ Elegy of the Matured
Spritely

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Progress on Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney will be temporarily halted. All files related to the game were irrevocably deleted from my harddrive after a forced reformatting, and so all code for Turnabout Heroine will have to be manually rewritten.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speaking of which, do you use the Court macro or the usual PyWright coding?
Good evening. Nate here.
Page 1 of 3 [ 106 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games