Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)

Page 1 of 2[ 55 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

"I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

I knew I was forgetting a standard new game thread!

This thread is for asking anything about DGS2; this way, people can learn what they want to without having to wade through big spoiler dumps. Anyone can ask, and anyone can answer.

Please tag your spoilers as specifically as possible, both answers and questions (e.g. put "I saw an image of character X dead, who killed them" would need to be tagged.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS2 editionTopic%20Title

1000% Knight

Are there any investigation-only cases? y/n
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Mia Payne

Bad Player wrote:
Are there any investigation-only cases? y/n

Spoiler:
no

My question:

Are there cases with more than 2 days?

2 questions for now, although I don't think many people here are far enough in the game to answer them:

Is there any flashback case/section in the game? (Other than case 2). And when does it happen?

How long (how many days of investigation/trial) is case 5?
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

Spoiler: DGS-5
Does EVERYTHING from DGS get clarified here? I'm talking about the Baskerville script, the Watsons, Megundal, the discs, etc.

Spoiler: DGS-3
So I've been keeping a close eye on the liveblogs going on, and I wanted to know if Barok's brother who got murdered by the serial killer, "Professor", is his younger brother or his older brother? Is he the guy in the picture who looks just like him? I may have gotten some information mixed up or wrong here...

How long is each case? (Is each one a normal length aside from the tutorial)

Is every case connected? (Just say "no" if there are any cases that are apparently unconnected until the final case)

Is there room for a sequel?

Where does the game take place?

Are there any moments in the game that are particularly hard/seemingly impossible to localize compared to the first? Any clues relating to the English language?

Wotter boy

Knowing that...
Spoiler: Late game spoilers
Gregson dies. Does Gina take over his role as main detective in this game?

Also, what's the cast list for the episodes?

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

Spoiler: Case 3
Since Sithe and Drebber are the culprits, do both of them have breakdowns or is it just one of them?

And on a sorta unrelated note, does anyone have a video
Spoiler: Huge Case 3 spoiler
showing Asougi, as the Masked Disciple, revealing himself?

Last edited by RedPotato on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wotter boy

RedPotato wrote:
Since Sithe and Drebber are the culprits, do both of them have breakdowns or is it just one of them?

Related
Spoiler: Case 2
Does Viridian have a breakdown as well, or just Petenshy?

Also:
Spoiler: Case 3, 4, 5
How did Asogi survive? And does Hosonaga have anything to do with that?

Breakdown

RedPotato wrote:

Spoiler: Case 3 culprits
Both Tumblr live blogs just confirmed neither one of them have a breakdown.

Happy Maria

What's the plot of the final case exactly?

Also

Spoiler: 1-2 Victim
Does Asougi turn out to be alive?

Ace Fangirl

Socot wrote:

Yes.

Spoiler:
Holmes figured out he was still alive and 'resuscitated' him, but he was probably in a poor state and suffering from amnesia. Holmes then forced the crew to hide the fact that Asougi was alive (implied by Holmes himself to be blackmail) and drop the body off in Hong Kong. What Holmes didn't plan for was that Asougi would go 'missing' there. For some reason, Asougi boarded a ship in Hong Kong and ended up at English immigration with no passport nor memories. There's probably more to this story, but somehow this whole thing led to Vortex assigning him to be Barok's disciple to 'keep him close'. Vortex claims that he made him wear a mask because it'd be a pain to explain why Barok was associating with a Japanese man.

More details will come, surely.

Happy Maria

Meowzy wrote:
Socot wrote:

Yes.

Spoiler:
Holmes figured out he was still alive and 'resuscitated' him, but he was probably in a poor state and suffering from amnesia. Holmes then forced the crew to hide the fact that Asougi was alive (implied by Holmes himself to be blackmail) and drop the body off in Hong Kong. What Holmes didn't plan for was that Asougi would go 'missing' there. For some reason, Asougi boarded a ship in Hong Kong and ended up at English immigration with no passport nor memories. There's probably more to this story, but somehow this whole thing led to Vortex assigning him to be Barok's disciple to 'keep him close'. Vortex claims that he made him wear a mask because it'd be a pain to explain why Barok was associating with a Japanese man.

More details will come, surely.

Thank you. Looking very forward to playing this now.

Wotter boy

Spoiler: DGS1-2 DGS2-3/4
Since Asogi survived, is it explained what actually happened to Stroganov and Nikomina? I'm guessing Nikomina still was able to seek asylum in England?

Lurker/Occasional Poster

Since someone asked this question for DGS, I suppose I should ask the same question.

Is the final villain (or any other villains) Alba-esque in length and determination?

The Enigma

EDIT: nvm figured it out
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

1000% Knight

Do Hamlet and Yellow-vest from DGS1-4 return? y/n
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

Bad Player wrote:
Do Hamlet and Yellow-vest from DGS1-4 return? y/n

Y

Ready for action!

Does Sherlock actually do anything of worth in this game at all? It sounds like he's been reduced to a mere background character. This game as a whole sounds like it'd be no different if Sherlock wasn't around.

Lhancat wrote:
Does Sherlock actually do anything of worth in this game at all? It sounds like he's been reduced to a mere background character. This game as a whole sounds like it'd be no different if Sherlock wasn't around.

I'm not sure how much spoilers you want or how much you know about the game right now so I'll just say yes, especially in the last 2 cases.

Ace Fangirl

Does anyone know where to find a guide for this game? I know livebloggers are using one, so it must exist, but I can't find it. Not even with Japanese search terms.

Edit: Oop, nevermind. Found it.

Wotter boy

So I have everyone else pinned down except for three people.
Spoiler: 2-2 an 2-4
Image - Is THIS Seldan? If not, then, who is he?

Image Image
And which one of these two is Maurice de Quilco and which one is Marco di Gicho?

I wish I WERE the best.

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Image Image
And which one of these two is Maurice de Quilco and which one is Marco di Gicho?

Spoiler:
Maurice is the one with the glasses. Marco is the other.

Spoiler: 2-4 and 2-5
I'm not quite sure I understand the whole "assassin exchange" thing and how Asougi works into all this. His mission was apparently to kill Inspector Gregson because of his relation to the "Professor" case. But why Asougi? Why would he do it, did he know why he was asked to do it and who it was for?

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler: Epilogue spoilers:
Why was Yuujin not in the epilogue? He was made out to be a pretty big character throughout the game, but the last we see of him is him having a half-offscreen discussion with Holmes. I'm assuming he goes back to Japan with Naruhodou and Susato, but we don't see him on the ship and we don't see him in the 'where are they now' segments either. Did they suddenly forget he exists? He shows up in the staff roll to dance with Sherlock, but that doesn't tell
us anything.

元・超会社員級の管理人

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Image Image

Spoiler: DGS2-2
I'm pretty darn sure that's Selden. We never actually see him in-game or get a profile for him, but the evidence icon for his file has a photo on the front that seems to be a version of that image.

PS: Given how quick you are to update TV Tropes, ever think about working with us on the main site? :redd:

Aeliren wrote:
Spoiler: 2-4 and 2-5
I'm not quite sure I understand the whole "assassin exchange" thing and how Asougi works into all this. His mission was apparently to kill Inspector Gregson because of his relation to the "Professor" case. But why Asougi? Why would he do it, did he know why he was asked to do it and who it was for?

Spoiler: 2-5
Asougi went to Jigoku with the letter he got showing that his dad was the Professor, and pressed Jigoku to let him study abroad. Jigoku presumably decided this was enough leverage and bait to get Asougi to agree to killing Gregson and told him that would be the terms of him going abroad. Asougi agreed to it, but as he says in case 5 he never intended to actually kill Gregson (though he was momentarily tempted when Gregson told him the truth about the forgery.)

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Wotter boy

Bolt Storm wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

Image Image

Spoiler: DGS2-2
I'm pretty darn sure that's Selden. We never actually see him in-game or get a profile for him, but the evidence icon for his file has a photo on the front that seems to be a version of that image.

PS: Given how quick you are to update TV Tropes, ever think about working with us on the main site? :redd:

Thanks a whole bunch!

Spoiler: 2-2
I figured that it was Selden after watching the videos, but I wanted to make sure.

Also working on the main site? I've never thought about it, but you can message me about what you'd like me to help with if you want! I'd always be willing to help if I can :pearl:

Ms. Johnson's Glorious Spork

Popping in from AAO to ask this: How many cross-examinations (regular CEs + closing arguments is the number I'm looking for) in each episode of the game?

Spoiler: Lategame structure
You can count 4 and 5 as one case if you wish.

Ace Fangirl

I have another one to throw in here:

Spoiler: Pretty much end-game
How come Mikotoba had a casefile written up for the Hound of the Baskervilles? ...Rather, how could Iris have turned it into a Sherlock Holmes novel when Sherlock himself seemingly didn't play any part in solving the mystery?

From everything we hear about the Professor case, it doesn't sound as if Sherlock was investigating it. If he had, surely he would've either called the coroners out on their bullshit or he'd be lamenting his failure to do so in present day. Instead, any character who did play part gives the impression that Holmes was not involved. It was just... some serial killer who got caught 'because Gregson pushed for an autopsy and that's how they found decisive evidence'. Mikotoba happened to be involved in the autopsy, but nothing else in the case. So why, then, was there a casefile big enough for Iris to turn into a novel with enough details that it could...........what was the reasoning behind hushing it up again- ah yes- that it could unlock the secret behind her parents if she'd dug even deeper into it?

Still ridiculous reasoning, if you ask me. She'd already done her share of digging back when she wrote the novel. If there were something incriminating in there like, say, one of the victims had a daughter with his wife, who was a Baskerville and that wife died in childbirth, surely she would be putting the pieces together in her head right about now. She's a genius whose deductive reasoning surpasses that of Holmes, after all.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Meowzy wrote:
I have another one to throw in here:

Spoiler: Pretty much end-game
How come Mikotoba had a casefile written up for the Hound of the Baskervilles? ...Rather, how could Iris have turned it into a Sherlock Holmes novel when Sherlock himself seemingly didn't play any part in solving the mystery?

From everything we hear about the Professor case, it doesn't sound as if Sherlock was investigating it. If he had, surely he would've either called the coroners out on their bullshit or he'd be lamenting his failure to do so in present day. Instead, any character who did play part gives the impression that Holmes was not involved. It was just... some serial killer who got caught 'because Gregson pushed for an autopsy and that's how they found decisive evidence'. Mikotoba happened to be involved in the autopsy, but nothing else in the case. So why, then, was there a casefile big enough for Iris to turn into a novel with enough details that it could...........what was the reasoning behind hushing it up again- ah yes- that it could unlock the secret behind her parents if she'd dug even deeper into it?

Still ridiculous reasoning, if you ask me. She'd already done her share of digging back when she wrote the novel. If there were something incriminating in there like, say, one of the victims had a daughter with his wife, who was a Baskerville and that wife died in childbirth, surely she would be putting the pieces together in her head right about now. She's a genius whose deductive reasoning surpasses that of Holmes, after all.

Spoiler: DGS2-5
Mikotoba mentions that he barely left any records of the case due to how painful and secret it was, so he was really surprised when Iris expanded them into a full novel. It's not clear how much was Iris investigating on her own, but given she was 8 or 9 at the time, probably not much.

I think Iris probably just made the story up almost entirely out of whole cloth, but it still freaked Mikotoba out.

Wooster wrote:

Ace Fangirl

Huh! That makes sense. But...

Spoiler:
If most of the story is pure fiction, why decide to shut it down in the end? Because that's what Mikotoba decided after thinking it over for a while, right? That it couldn't be published? There had to be something incriminating in there, if only a shred of it. Maybe a suspicion (from Mikotoba, who would be Watson in the narrative) that the person who was caught was not truly the Professor, which might spur further investigation into the case. Or perhaps that the culprit was Japanese, which could start controversy among the people who read it?

Meowzy wrote:
Huh! That makes sense. But...

Spoiler:
If most of the story is pure fiction, why decide to shut it down in the end? Because that's what Mikotoba decided after thinking it over for a while, right? That it couldn't be published? There had to be something incriminating in there, if only a shred of it. Maybe a suspicion (from Mikotoba, who would be Watson in the narrative) that the person who was caught was not truly the Professor, which might spur further investigation into the case. Or perhaps that the culprit was Japanese, which could start controversy among the people who read it?

A story about someone related to the Baskerville family using a large dog to kill noblemen. Maybe Mikotoba thought the hound part sounds too similar to the Professor, and Klimt's wife being from Baskerville would sound like the story pointing out Klimt was the Professor?

No idea how anyone would connect Iris to Klimt from that story.

Ace Fangirl

Trouble is that we'll never know exactly what was in the Baskervilles manuscript, because the game never goes into detail about it (or any other story written by Iris for that matter). Was it similar to the ACD version of the Hound of the Baskervilles, or was it an entirely different spin on that? For instance, we know she wanted to write a story about the Unbreakable Speckled Band based on what Holmes told her about it and decided to 'take some artistic liberties and make the culprit a snake because that's more exciting', but we don't know what else she tweaked. Just how far does Iris stray from the original case?

One question I asked about the previous game and have not seen an answer for this one: are there any bad endings/special game over parts in the game?

I would imagine that at least the final confrontation with Vortex doesn't have just the usual "Guilty" game over.

Cesar Zero wrote:
One question I asked about the previous game and have not seen an answer for this one: are there any bad endings/special game over parts in the game?

I would imagine that at least the final confrontation with Vortex doesn't have just the usual "Guilty" game over.

"Vortex! Vortex! Vortex! Vortex!" when you messed up the final present

But the truth is all guilty verdicts in secret trials (1-1, 2-4, 2-5) are a little bit different from regular trials.

Ace Fangirl

Ooof, I never tried to mess up the final trial. I should give that a go soon.

Knight of the Court

kb0312 wrote:
Cesar Zero wrote:

But the truth is all guilty verdicts in secret trials (1-1, 2-4, 2-5) are a little bit different from regular trials.

I'm assuming 2-3 has a non-standard game over towards the end.

Spoiler: DGS2-3
Since the last confrontation with Dr Sithe happens right as the judge is about to declare a Not Guilty verdict for Dobinbough. So what happens if you fail on her testimony? Dobinbough is found Not Guilty but Sithe gets away?

Something something please localize DGS.

元・超会社員級の管理人

BigKlingy wrote:
kb0312 wrote:
Cesar Zero wrote:

Since the last confrontation with Dr Sithe happens right as the judge is about to declare a Not Guilty verdict for Dobinbough. So what happens if you fail on her testimony? Dobinbough is found Not Guilty but Sithe gets away?

Actually, 2-3 doesn't have any non-standard game over. It... doesn't really make sense, lol.

BTW, to get the bad end in 2-5, you need to fail on the very final present point (or I assume the three-way choice just before). Otherwise Vortex just declares Barok guilty as normal... which still doesn't really make sense, because IIRC you prove Vortex is the shinigami a few presents before that. I think there might be different dialogue for game overs before and after Jigoku's confession though?

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
BigKlingy wrote:
kb0312 wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Actually, 2-3 doesn't have any non-standard game over. It... doesn't really make sense, lol.

BTW, to get the bad end in 2-5, you need to fail on the very final present point (or I assume the three-way choice just before). Otherwise Vortex just declares Barok guilty as normal... which still doesn't really make sense, because IIRC you prove Vortex is the shinigami a few presents before that. I think there might be different dialogue for game overs before and after Jigoku's confession though?

The dialogue is the same. But before Jigoku's confession, Vortex shoots flames from the jury seats to vote Guilty, which doesn't happen after Jigoku's confession.
Page 1 of 2 [ 55 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)