Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 25 of 28[ 1083 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: SHSL Class Trip!Topic%20Title

Alfons listened closely to the conversation from a distance, still silently sitting down and polishing his bow. He seemed to want to speak up, but in a rare act of tact, disappeared from the scene. "Hmph...people are still the same!" he huffed as he waddled away in secret.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Mrs. Zimmern, please. I promise you, I will protect your son with my life," Jay pleaded, stepping around to the front of her, "Um, what I mean is, I'll stake my reputation, and the reputation of my brother, on it. I will not let anything happen to Austin. Oh! Oh oh oh! Also, we have a student who can turn people into cats for hours at a time! And we have top-notch facilities. The best computers for Austin, the best cat-related fare for you. A-A-And besides all that, we are very, very serious about violations here. I will extend that further. If Alfons so much as notches an arrow in the same room as Austin, he will be reprimanded."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

You’re so small in such a big world...

MechaQdogg wrote:
Anton came into the Main Hall, quickly adjusting his clothes to look presentable.

"I must offer my humblest apologies for being tardy. I had to do something last-minute in Wanang, and had to quickly... change..." said Anton, somewhat uncomfortable.

"But it is nice to meet you, Mr... er, Zimmern, was it?" the tall boy walked over to Austin and offered his hand and a smile. He then noticed that there seemed to be a bit more tension in the room than he was expecting, but still, his hand held out firmly.

"There’s no need to apologize. Er, that is to say, it's nice to meet you, too. Austin Zimmern. That's correct. And you are?" He reached out the hand not holding Cat's and shook the tardy boy's hand. But the wheelchair was still being pushed forward, so the motion was a little awkward.

"U-um, I'm sorry. Mom really really wants to get me out of here. She doesn't think it's safe."

Cat didn't stop pushing until Jay stepped around to the front of her, and this wasn't because she wasn't intent on leaving so much as she didn't want to risk running over the boy's feet. She knew how much that would hurt from experience.

"Protect him with your life? Stake your reputation on it?" Cat shook her head. "I want to believe you won't let anything happen to him, but I'd been promised such a thing before. That kid seemed really fast about shooting that thing. How do I know your actions will be quick enough?"

Her eyes narrowed.

"Is turning people into cats even safe?"

She shook her head.

"You really think that's going to make this better, knowing how exquisite everything should be for my son here? None of it matters if he isn't safe."

But the fact that she hadn’t tried wheeling around Jay or simply forcing her way forward anyway had to be a positive sign, right?

"He should be reprimanded if he notches an arrow in general. Better yet, his bow and arrows should be taken away completely. And thievery isn't a victimless crime, either. That boy isn't being supervised well enough!"

She turned to point at Alphons to emphasize her point and, surprise surprise, noticed he was no longer there.

"Where is he now?!" she snapped.

"H-he probably just went to his dorm room. You know? Because he lives here?"

Cat sighed exasperatedly.

"I can't have Austin stay here."

"M-Mom . . . ," Austin sighed deeply. "Please, surely there's some way you'd feel okay with me being here?"

"I don’t know."

She looked at Jay. "Maybe I could hold off on my decision until I speak with your brother, but I can’t promise anything. My son's safety is too important, and I'm not convinced a reprimand and potential harsh consequences would be enough to keep him safe in the heat of the moment."
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Jay stepped aside and gave Cat an understanding look. "Y-Y'know what, you're right. I can't guarantee 100% that I'd be able to protect your son, just like how I couldn't protect--" Jay choked up and tears filled his eyes, "I guess I'm just trying too hard. I'm one simple man, and I guess I was just hoping to make up for things that probably don't need to be made up for. Austin, your mother's right. I can't guarantee that absolutely nothing bad will happen to you. But if something does, I'd... I'd at least stand by you and give you moral support, and protect you the best I could. I... I only stay here and endure some of the risks because I've made s-so many friends here that I just can't leave behind. Mostly, I do it for my brother though. He... I dunno if he feels like there's nothing he can do because Alfons is an 'ultimate' and thus is somehow 'justified' in using that bow so frivolously. M-Mrs. Zimmern, all I can say is that the good here far outweighs the bad, but... I understand the fact that there's any bad here at all is enough to concern you. I... want a world completely free of anything that could ever hurt anyone, but I believe it's an impossible fight to win, despite how much I want it to exist. Austin, you deserve the absolute best. A school where nothing can go wrong and everything is perfect. The fact that I can't give that to you here means I'm n-not doing enough. But what more can I do? What... can I even do...?" Jay just stood there, looking down.
100% pure Joy.

When Jay stepped aside, Cat started to push forward again. But stopped when he teared up.

"J-Jesus," she muttered. Tears sprung to her eyes, too. "I . . . I'm trying too hard, too! For the same reason. I wasn't there to protect Austin before! And he . . . He got badly hurt."

The tears flowed freely as her grip on the wheelchair tightened. Her knuckles turned white.

Austin sighed, and patted Cat's arm instead of holding her hand.

"I know you would," he said to Jay, then looked up at Cat. "And I already told you it wasn’t your fault, Mom."

Cat sniffled.

"I know you said that, but I still feel guilty! I don't want it to happen again." She sniffed loudly.

Austin looked a little at a loss for words. And then Cat looked at Jay again.

"I was maybe being unfair. Maybe the good does outweigh the bad. . . . At least this school lets me come here and be with my son. I just . . . I'm so worried! I know you think you understand, but it's different when you have a child of your own."

Austin shook his head slightly.

"A perfect place doesn't exist," he said. Cat shook her own head slowly and, with a huge sigh, let go of Austin's wheelchair, stepped around it, and wrapped her arms around poor Jay.

"There, there, Jay . . . It’s going to be okay," she said in a soft, soothing tone. "I know that . . . you're being genuine. I just, I really don't want my son to suffer any more. He's been through enough. But I guess no matter where he goes, it will always be a risk . . . I think, we can stay. I just . . . I want to be nearby so I can watch him, and some . . . guarantee that someone will be watching if I leave."

She sniffled once more.

"You're a good kid. I'm so sorry for hurting your feelings like I did. I just got so scared, for Austin . . . ."

"Er, I don't think the kid with the arrows was going to try to hurt me, anyway," Austin said. But he clearly was out of his element here.

Lida_Rose wrote:
"There’s no need to apologize. Er, that is to say, it's nice to meet you, too. Austin Zimmern. That's correct. And you are?" He reached out the hand not holding Cat's and shook the tardy boy's hand. But the wheelchair was still being pushed forward, so the motion was a little awkward.

"Ah-- forgive me. I am all out-of-sorts. My name is Anton Esquivel-- nice to meet you." said Anton as Austin was wheeled by.

Jay was a little startled by the hug from Cat at first, but decided to wrap his arms around her as well. "Ah-! M-Mrs. Zimmern...! It's-It's okay. I don't think it's possible to try too hard when it comes to protecting someone. Especially one of your own." Jay shot a glance past Cat, to the brown-haired man in the wheelchair.

"And p-please don't apologize! You didn't hurt my feelings. You just made me realize that you were right. Completely and utterly right. I... I may look young, but I feel like I'm wise beyond my years, which is why I conceded so quickly and instead showed sincerity as I should have done from the beginning."

"Ah, this feels nice," Jay remarked, unable to let go of Cat, "I n-never had a mother, actually... I-I mean... oh dear, o-oh my words, I didn't mean to say that out loud, but now it's out there I s-suppose. So I... I guess seeing you care for Austin so dearly made me... r-realize what I've been m-m-missing." The tears flowed even harder now. He sighed to try to calm himself, though it didn't have much effect, "Th-thank you Mrs. Zimmern, and I'm s-sorry for dropping this all on you so suddenly." Jay sighed, and tried to pull away, but he couldn't bear to free himself from her tight squeeze.

"D-don't have fear for those who might hurt y-you..." Jay added, "Have h-h-hope for the ones who will stand by you n-no matter what. Th-that's... one of my rules."
100% pure Joy.

"A-Anton. It's good to meet you, too!" Austin said back a little hurriedly. But as the wheelchair hadn’t stopped far from Anton, he had a chance to add, "It’s fine. I'm just sorry you're out-of-sorts. Er, is there any way I can help?"

After all, he wasn't really able to help his mom or Jay at this point. Though he did still catch Jay's glance and offered him a supportive smile and nod of encouragement.

"I don’t know . . . ," Cat said slowly. "Maybe I cling too hard. Maybe I sometimes cross into overprotective territory. I-I . . . Always doubt . . . Everything . . . ."

She sniffed again.

". . . Hm, I didn't think I wanted or needed validation from you, but it really does help. And when you were more sincere, I . . . found that preferable. Everything else sounded like platitudes, you know? Even though I know you didn't mean it that way, they weren't bringing me comfort. But knowing you care so much about my son and making this place safe? That is what helped, and why we aren't gone yet."

His comment that it felt nice did catch Cat slightly off-guard. She was about to ask if his own mother held him, but he answered the question for her before it even formed. She held him a little tighter.

"I'm sorry. I mean, I guess that's not my fault, but . . . you deserve to have a mother. You shouldn't have to miss out."

And then she realized what to do. Her eyes shown with determination as she tried to look into Jay's own.

"I know it wouldn't be the same, but I want to be here for you, too. Jay, is it okay if I periodically give you guidance and motherly affection while I'm here? It won't be the same as having your own mother, but . . . I think it could be helpful, anyway."

She smiled slightly through her tears.

"It's okay. Nothing to apologize for."

She slowly nodded at his words.

"Y-yeah . . . I guess I'm not much for hoping for the people who will stand by me. When I was pregnant with Austin, no one did, and I had to raise him myself. Still . . . ," She smiled softly. "I suppose I knew he would always be there."

It was around this time that Jeremy returned to the Main Hall. He had been feeling a sort of tension building, and then slowly melting away and wanted to discover what was causing it. When he saw the scene in front of him, Jay and Cat in a long embrace, both seeming to be crying, he walked over as softly as he could and put a hand on Jay's shoulder from behind.

"It is alright Jay, I am here too," Jeremy uttered in a very low, soft voice, "Mrs. Zimmern, I do not know exactly what Jay has told you or what you told him, but I assume from what I have heard of your conversation that Jay..." He sighed, "must have told you about his--and by extension my--lack of a mother figure in our lives."

Jeremy's hand on Jay's shoulder pulled Jay out of his daze, but that only made him realize that Cat was trying to gaze into his eyes. He just couldn't turn away, not that he wanted to anyway. "Ah, well of course I accept your offer. Doesn't it seem a bit strange though? I mean we met like an hour ago and somehow I've already broken down emotionally and halfway convinced you to adopt me." Jay chuckled, "I... can't believe you went through all that on your own. B-but I suppose Jeremy was the same way, after all, basically having to raise himself and me."

"Jay, please, Mrs. Zimmern doesn't need--" Jeremy thought about what he was going to say, "No, it is clear that you actually do. But no, I cannot just go barging into other peoples' lives... um, excuse me. What I mean is just... As the Director of this branch of Hope's Peak, and the guardian of this whole 'family' of students, I would like to be a source of guideance as well. For Aus... yes, Austin as well," Jeremy hesitated at first, but for some reason decided to use his first name, "I will do what I can to support, encourage, and push him to achieve his goals, just as you have been. If you would choose to stay and give us a chance, that is the least I can offer you in return." Jeremy stepped back from Jay and bowed to her.

He then turned around and took one of Austin's hands in his, "I suppose I should extend the offer to you as well, for I believe you deserve a say in this too. Then again, you probably did not need any convincing. I apologize if my brother or I are making too much of a scene though."

Jay walked back over to Jay and Cat, this time putting a hand on Cat's shoulder, "Mrs. Zimmern, if you really will be staying with us, then I recommend your first order of business be to set up Austin's dorm room. Our time is running short and we are about to embark on our next Class Trip. This also means we will have to delay the grand tour of our facilities until a later time as well. I hope you are okay with that."

"Um, Cat? I can call you that, right?" Jay asked, then continued, "I agree with Jeremy. As much as I don't want this hug to ever end, I think it'd be best if you went to Austin's room and helped set him up. I'm sure you know this already, but thanks to you, I'll be fine. I... um, th-thanks again. For everything." Jay sniffed away the last few tears and presented a bright smile as his eyes lit up.
100% pure Joy.

A new dawn.

Only now did Felicity come to the hall to see the new arrivals, having taken some books to the library when the announcement had rang. She looked far better than when the others had last seen her, the perennial tiredness all but vanished, though the most major change to her appearance seemed to be the green patch sewn onto what would have been the left breast pocket of her dress - [KEEP HOPE ALIVE].

Stepping in with a small smile, she instinctively raised a hand to wave to everybody and was halfway through a greeting when she actually took stock of the scene. She immediately shut up and stayed by the door, able to feel the emotionally charged air and thinking it would be better not to break it.

Cat nodded in confirmation when Jeremy said that Jay must have told them about their lack of a mother figure.

"I'm sorry if that's uncomfortable for you, Professor Slezak," she said softly. "I know it's not the sort of thing most people talk about so soon after meeting someone."

She giggled at Jay's question.

"It is a little strange, love. But that doesn't make it bad."

She looked to Jeremy once more.

"Ah, no, barge away, Jeremy. I think it's a little too late to be self-conscious now." She gave him an encouraging smile. "I'm sorry you had to practically raise Jay from, what I assume, was a pretty young age? I get it. And so you understand me when I say that Austin's safety is my highest priority. If you really, truly think Jay is safe here, then I suppose I could trust that Austin would be safe here, too."

She nodded.

"Yes, I think that your guidance, support and encouragement will be most valuable. And I want to offer similar for you and Jay, if you'll let me? I wouldn't want to step on your toes."

Austin was startled slightly as his hand was grabbed. He had been half-listening to the conversation they were having and knew why Jeremy was approaching, but most of his attention had been on Anton at that moment. His hands both twitched slightly and he smiled at Jeremy.

"You're right. I didn't need convincing. I would like to take you up on your offer, of course. I don’t think either of you are making too much of a scene."

Cat looked over her shoulder at Jeremy when he put his hand on it.

"I suppose I'm okay with it. I'll make sure his dorm room has plenty of cat pictures!" She giggled. Austin rolled his eyes exaggeratedly, but it was clear they were both just teasing each other.

Cat looked at Jay again.

"Of course you can call me Cat. Oh, you think I can't embrace you and walk to a dorm room at the same time? You clearly underestimate the super powers I get for being a mom."

She giggled once more and teasingly ruffled Jay's hair.

"Alriiight, fine. I'll let you go for now, then."

She now stepped away from Jay and went back to grab Austin's wheelchair, tryung to it. Austin leaned to help her and gave Anton an apologetic glance.

"Sorry, Anton. It seems I'm being taken for a ride."

Cat smiled at Anton.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. We got to get this done asap." She leaned in to kiss his cheeks. "Austin will talk later, okay? In the meantime, feel free to pet my cats! . . . Ah, right. My cats!"

She had just realized there could be a problem. If her cats followed her to the dorm room, they would probably get in the way. She let out a humming sound and the cats in the room all perked their ears to listen. Then they all continued milling about in the Main Hall.

"It should be fine now. They should be staying right here where everyone who wants to pet them can. Ah, anyway! We go this way, right?!"

She pushed Austin toward the dorm rooms. Austin kinda waved awkwardly at the students they passed on the way. And when they got there, Cat helped Austin decorate and set things up.

The cats are cats and not dogs, so even though they milled about in the Main Hall for a little while and let themselves be petted, their pull to Cat was so strong that they found their way to Austin's dorm room as well and all piled on his bed and purred during this process.

"Oh no, it is not uncomfortable for me at all," Jeremy reassured with a smile, "And yes, he was around 7, which would mean I was approximately 12. Wow, thinking about it that way, it is rather crazy." Jeremy let out a nervous laugh.

Jay didn't realize how much he was leaning into Cat's embrace when she let him go, and nearly crumpled to the floor as a result. Catching himself, he jumped back to his feet. With a somewhat-weak, almost childlike voice, Jay stated, "Thank you. Thank you so much! I'll see ya soon, 'kay?"

After that, Jay saw that Felicity was in the room. Jay's eyes widened and he let out a loud gasp. Not just because he hadn't seen her at all the previous week, but because of the object he could barely make out on her left breast pocket. He immediately recognized it and ran over to the Lucky Student. "F-Felicity! Oh my words, it's so nice to see you again! And, and-" Jay wrapped his arms around Felicity. The warmth he felt was substantially different from Cat's, but similar in strength.

Just then, the e-Handbooks bleeped and sounded the ten-minute warning for autoreturn. "W-what? No! But I still..." Jay sighed. "I'll see you on the next trip, right?" Unfortunately, he couldn't wait for an answer, so he took it on faith as he dashed out of the room and into his dorm room.

Jeremy walked out of the Facilities Wing with Remeku. "Remember, slow and steady. Keep the eye patch on most of the time, but do remove it for a few minutes every so often. You can keep it off entirely once your eyes begin to cooperate again. I am elated that it worked, and I am so proud of you for your trust!" Jeremy walked Remeku to her room and let her in, then bolted into his just in time.

The TVs sprung to life. "Attention Students! Fair warning, it will take a while to reach our destination this time because of its distance. Thus, allow approximately one hour travel time. Also note that you may experience sudden shifts in gravity along the way, so sitting or lying down during the trip is recommended. Well, see you all there! Safe travels!" The shutters closed and the doors locked.

Start of Week 3: Hope's Far-From-Last Reward

One hour later, the ride was over and the doors unlocked. The view outside the window was no doubt jarring. A grey, rocky landscape riddled with craters, covered by a very clear starry sky. Then, even more than that, the strange sensation of near-weightlessness set in.

"Well, students, welcome to the Moon! Please exercise extreme caution as gravity is greatly reduced here. It may take some time to get used to your new surroundings, but please join me in the hallway at your first convenience," Jeremy's voice had announced through the TVs once again.

Once the students actually found their bearings and adjusted to the odd environment, stepping out into the hall would reveal that they were now in the quarters section of Rhizome-37.

Your Location Menu has been updated!
100% pure Joy.

Happy Maria

Eta tumbled out of her room in shock. "Moon?! We're on the goddamn moon?! Oh, this I gotta see for myself!" She ran to the hallway Jeremy was in.

Jay tried to take the first step in this new place and immediately launched towards the ceiling. He had to reach up on instinct to prevent himself from ramming into it, before gliding gently back down to the floor. He tried again with greater success this time, almost having to bound across the room. He found the front door surprisingly difficult to open as he couldn't keep his feet planted on the ground. He managed it after a moment though and emerged into the hallway.

"Yeah, the moon... We're actually on the moon! This is just... wow." Jay finally got his door closed and stood there. His body felt incredibly light. The sensation was quite disorienting and he had to hold onto the convenient railing running along the wall to stop himself from just toppling over.
100% pure Joy.

A new dawn.

Felicity walked around in her room as soon as the shock of being on the Moon diminished, staying well away from the table and the drawers as she practised. Though there wasn't much of a worry about upsetting the items on them, seeing as they were also floating a bit in the air. After a few minutes of testing what she could do and what she shouldn't, she slowly started to get used to the strange weightlessness and decided it was around time to go to the hallway.

After some time, Sayako half walked, half floated out of her room, silent and appearing a bit uncomfortable in this new environment. She'd changed into a lacy white shirt, tight dark jeans, and black dress shoes; wearing a short skirt didn't seem like a good idea up here. She gave Felicity a wave and muted smile upon seeing her.

Alfons wandered out of his dorm room, his overall grandeur appearance dropping a level or two. He seemed to have temporarily lost the eccentricity he once displayed. Yet even he could not contain his surprise when he found out he was at a moon base.

"We're really at the moon..?" he jumped in surprise. "...Hmm, moon rocks are quite valuable, I suppose..."

"Good morning, Felicity! Matchy! Alfons!" Jay remarked with a cheery voice, waving to the three as they exited their rooms, "Jeremy said he was going on ahead. Something about seeing if there was some kind of control room. I think he wants to try to do something about this gravity thing. He should be back in a few minutes."
100% pure Joy.

Alfons nodded while staring at the moon that lay before him, not turning to face Jay. He just stared, deep in thought, completely unlike his usual self.

"The Moon?!" Cat asked, shocked. "That has to be a mistake, right? We can’t really be on the moon after only an hour's travel, unless we moved faster than the speed of light, right, Austin?"

Austin sighed softly.

"I don’t know, Mom. I'm a programmer. Not an astronomer . . . or a physisicist."

"This is just ridiculous!" She stepped forward, but unused to the weightlessness, stumbled and . . . Floated?

"M-mom--"

"Yes, I know I'm floating."

She caught herself and opened the door to the dorm room. She then positioned herself behind Austin's wheelchair as if to push it. But then thought of something.

"You might fall out of your wheelchair when we're in motion. It'll be hard for you to stay on. It already is a little, isn't it?"

"Yeah." Austin had been holding onto it with his arms.

"Then let's see what I can do, here."

Cat took a couple belts out of the closet, linked them together, and fastened them around Austin and his wheelchair, effectively creating a seat belt.

"There. That should help."

"Thanks, Mom."

"Let’s go to the Main Hall. Oh, right, we should make sure my cats are okay!"

She turned around to see her cats floating in the air, paws flailing as they all purred.

"Oh, dear. I think we're going to need help retrieving them," Cat said. Then she pushed Austin out of the room very quickly. Too quickly. She only barely managed to stop before crashing into a wall.

"Oops! Sorry! You're light as a feather now," she said with a laugh as she turned the wheelchair. The cats floated behind them, some still purring, some letting out plaintive "meows." And then she saw Alfons. She tensed visibly. Austin looked at her, then looked at Alfons.

"Mom, maybe you should start putting the cats back in our room."

". . . Good idea."

Cat let go of Austin's wheelchair and started retrieving cats. Austin wheeled forward, but unused to his new weight, he traveled far quicker than intended.

"A-ah!"

Well, that’s what breaks were for. He managed to stop hinself. Thank goodness for his seat belt. He opened his mouth to speak to Alphons, but he wasn't sure if there would be enough time for him to utter his apologies before Jeremy would start talking, so he kind of awkwardly waved instead.

"H-hi . . . ."

Yeah. Totally not awkward. Though it appeared as though Alphons were deep in thought. Maybe he wouldn't even notice him?

Alfons turned and saw Austin looming behind him. At the sight of him, he quickly tucked his bow away and hid it from their sight, before nodding back hello to Austin.

Jay saw Austin's door open and his mother try to push him out into the hallway, then saw him try to push himself forward, beginning to move way too quickly. "A-Austin!" Jay called out, but Austin managed to apply the brakes. Just then, Jay began to feel his body become heavier again. "W-whoa, now that's a really strange feeling! Jeremy must've found something, though I wish he would've warned us first." Jay stood up straight, pushing himself away frmo the railing, and began jumping up and down a few times, noting how his jumps' heights decreased each time.

"Alright everyone!" Jeremy announced, rounding the corner, "They had the gravity generators turned off to conserve power. I hope you enjoyed your brief moment of near-weightlessness. The good news is, if you want to feel it again, it is easy enough to disable the generators again. Um, so how did everyone enjoy the ride?"
100% pure Joy.

A new dawn.

Quote:
After some time, Sayako half walked, half floated out of her room, silent and appearing a bit uncomfortable in this new environment. She'd changed into a lacy white shirt, tight dark jeans, and black dress shoes; wearing a short skirt didn't seem like a good idea up here. She gave Felicity a wave and muted smile upon seeing her.

"Hello, Matchy!" Felicity waved back enthusiastically, though she looked a bit concerned by Sayako's silence. "Wow, you look great!"

Quote:
"Good morning, Felicity! Matchy! Alfons!" Jay remarked with a cheery voice, waving to the three as they exited their rooms, "Jeremy said he was going on ahead. Something about seeing if there was some kind of control room. I think he wants to try to do something about this gravity thing. He should be back in a few minutes."

"Mornin', Jay," she said with a smile. "Oh, he's going to fix the gravity? That's nice!"

Quote:
"Alright everyone!" Jeremy announced, rounding the corner, "They had the gravity generators turned off to conserve power. I hope you enjoyed your brief moment of near-weightlessness. The good news is, if you want to feel it again, it is easy enough to disable the generators again. Um, so how did everyone enjoy the ride?"

"Well, that was a rather..." Struggling for words, she ended with, "-unusual experience, sir."

"Apologies, Miss Clover," Jeremy responded, "I understand that this mode of transport is unconventional by every conceivable notion. But we are here now, so hopefully the experience will be much more enjoyable from here on out." Jeremy took another look at Felicity and, noticing the patch on her dress, took a few steps towards her. "Th-that's... So that is why you requested the sewing machine then. Jay showed that to me and explained its origin. I dare say it suits you quite nicely, Miss Clover. Well done!" He then turned to Jay. "Jay, you did a great job making that. It may not all have been your work, but its journey is the most important aspect of it anyway."

"Thanks, Jeremy. Yeah, it's served me well, but I figured I'd pass it on so it could be a good token reminder for someone else," Jay explained. He walked close to Felicity and stated, "Felicity, I really have missed you so much. Find me later and I'll catch you up on the things you missed from the last trip. Oh! And don't forget to introduce yourself to the new guy: Austin. Yet another strange case, because this time he's the one who recognized me, though I actually remembered him too."
100% pure Joy.

A new dawn.

Quote:
"Apologies, Miss Clover," Jeremy responded, "I understand that this mode of transport is unconventional by every conceivable notion. But we are here now, so hopefully the experience will be much more enjoyable from here on out." Jeremy took another look at Felicity and, noticing the patch on her dress, took a few steps towards her. "Th-that's... So that is why you requested the sewing machine then. Jay showed that to me and explained its origin. I dare say it suits you quite nicely, Miss Clover. Well done!" He then turned to Jay. "Jay, you did a great job making that. It may not all have been your work, but its journey is the most important aspect of it anyway."

"Ah, no, not about the teleporting, sir. I think I've started getting a bit used to it, actually, and unconventional - well, I suppose use is what's going to make it conventional." She gave a nervous grin as she continued, "It's more of the fact that we're floating - well, were floating... and will be, I guess? - on the Moon, you see..."

"Thank you, sir. He explained it to me too, and I thought it'd be a waste to just keep it around like that, especially with all that it represents. I'm pretty sure I won't do half as good a job as Jay did with it, but I feel determined to try."

Quote:
"Thanks, Jeremy. Yeah, it's served me well, but I figured I'd pass it on so it could be a good token reminder for someone else," Jay explained. He walked close to Felicity and stated, "Felicity, I really have missed you so much. Find me later and I'll catch you up on the things you missed from the last trip. Oh! And don't forget to introduce yourself to the new guy: Austin. Yet another strange case, because this time he's the one who recognized me, though I actually remembered him too."

"Me too, though staying back helped me get some of my thoughts in order. But I know I'll never miss another trip if I can, seeing how silent it was here without all of you." She frowned. "Oh, I can't believe I forgot that! Austin, huh? And I guess the lady was his mother, right?" At his last sentence, Felicity couldn't help ask, "Uh, does that mean he also did an interdimensional jump? Or is it something else entirely?"

The sudden heaviness had made Austin feel like he was falling. He was actually safe in his wheelchair, but now the belts securing him felt far, far too tight. His hands twitched as he tried to undo the buckle.

"Nnn, look, Alfons," he said, still fiddling with it. "I'm sorry. What my mom said was horribly inappropriate and offensive and out of line. And I just, I want to say . . . ."

He sighed deeply and removed his hands from his waist, evidently giving up on freeing himself from the tight constraint.

"Well, she was wrong to say such mean things about you. I know when she comes to her senses, she'll realize she had misjudged you, but in the meantime, things will be . . . difficult. I don’t know if she plans on forbidding me from talking to you or what, but she's occupied with her cats right now, so . . . Is there any way I could make it up to you?"

When the gravity readjusted, a bunch of cats happened to fall all over his mom. And Cat stumbled, clutching onto the bed.

"J-Jesus. It would've been nice to have some warning," Cat the cat gym muttered to herself.

Alfons shook his head, and let out a fake hearty laugh, clearly trying to act like nothing was bothering him. "OHOHO! The great Alfons Einarrson is not bothered by such trivial things. I am just thinking about things...you need not worry yourself about me. I shall refrain from firing arrows around you as well..."

Slezak wrote:

"G-good morning," Sayako nodded, still looking uneasy. "Oh, gravity. Yes. Yes, that sounds like a nice thing to have..."

DarkAgea wrote:
Quote:

"Hello, Matchy!" Felicity waved back enthusiastically, though she looked a bit concerned by Sayako's silence. "Wow, you look great!"

"Ah, h-hello. Good to see you again," she smiled weakly, trying to match Felicity's energy and failing miserably. "Oh, why thank you. Er, Sakura took me clothes shopping the other day. B-but you look very nice as well. Is that what you mentioned needing to do last time we talked?" she asked, noting the patch on her clothing. "Is it the school's motto?"

DarkAgea wrote:
"Ah, no, not about the teleporting, sir. I think I've started getting a bit used to it, actually, and unconventional - well, I suppose use is what's going to make it conventional." She gave a nervous grin as she continued, "It's more of the fact that we're floating - well, were floating... and will be, I guess? - on the Moon, you see..."

"Thank you, sir. He explained it to me too, and I thought it'd be a waste to just keep it around like that, especially with all that it represents. I'm pretty sure I won't do half as good a job as Jay did with it, but I feel determined to try."

"Ah, Miss Clover, you need not call me 'sir' all the time!" Jeremy commented, "Please, if you must be polite, 'Director' or 'Director Slezak' is fine, though you are free to call me 'Director Jeremy' too or even just 'Jeremy'. In any case, the gravity here is now at an Earth-like state, though I do admit the prospect of being on the actual moon was surprising to me as well. But, Hope Finds a Way! Hmhm.

Also, you may think you cannot achieve what Jay has as far as heeding the patch's words, but do not let that discourage you from trying your hardest anyway, as you say! Every little bit goes a long way, and we can all do our part."

DarkAgea wrote:
"Me too, though staying back helped me get some of my thoughts in order. But I know I'll never miss another trip if I can, seeing how silent it was here without all of you." She frowned. "Oh, I can't believe I forgot that! Austin, huh? And I guess the lady was his mother, right?" At his last sentence, Felicity couldn't help ask, "Uh, does that mean he also did an interdimensional jump? Or is it something else entirely?"

"Great! Y-Yeah, I recognize we talked about some intense stuff that first week," Jay admitted, "I'm glad you've had plenty of time to think about it and, hopefully, come to terms with it."

"Yeah, that lady is his mother. She's a wonderful woman, but I'll let her tell you her story. Make sure you talk to her as well," Jay suggested.

"As far as whether Austin came here by a method similar to mine, I'm... not quite sure at the moment, actually. He just arrived yesterday, so I haven't really had the chance to discuss it with him yet," Jay explained, "But in this case, there's a clear contradiction, because the... things I remember about him can't have happened in this lifetime. At least, not yet, because I remember being older when I knew him. Problem is, he was younger. So... I'm still trying to wrap my own head around it."
100% pure Joy.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

"H-hi... Its nice to meet you... M-my name is Remeku Lata... The Ultimate Alchemist..." Remeku said to the new student very shyly. Remeku put some of her hair over the patched eye so she would not scare him like she had scared the others to the point of them not looking at her. Remeku put her hand out for him to shake it.
*coughs awkwardly*

A new dawn.

Quote:
"Ah, h-hello. Good to see you again," she smiled weakly, trying to match Felicity's energy and failing miserably. "Oh, why thank you. Er, Sakura took me clothes shopping the other day. B-but you look very nice as well. Is that what you mentioned needing to do last time we talked?" she asked, noting the patch on her clothing. "Is it the school's motto?"

"Nice to see you too! How was Wanang?" Felicity asked conversationally. "Mmhm, I wanted to stitch this onto my dress." She was about to shake her head to Sayako's question, before frowning and thinking on it. "Uh, I guess it very well could be - Hope's Peak and all. Now I feel bad not knowing what's the motto... That's some school spirit I have, huh?"

Quote:
"Ah, Miss Clover, you need not call me 'sir' all the time!" Jeremy commented, "Please, if you must be polite, 'Director' or 'Director Slezak' is fine, though you are free to call me 'Director Jeremy' too or even just 'Jeremy'. In any case, the gravity here is now at an Earth-like state, though I do admit the prospect of being on the actual moon was surprising to me as well. But, Hope Finds a Way! Hmhm.

Also, you may think you cannot achieve what Jay has as far as heeding the patch's words, but do not let that discourage you from trying your hardest anyway, as you say! Every little bit goes a long way, and we can all do our part."

"If I may point out, sir," she said, smile a tad embarrassed. "Not that I'm trying to conserve energy or anything, but all those options are a few syllables longer than just 'sir'. It's mostly just school day habits that I'm hard-pressed not to do after a decade of having done it, but may I continue using it if you're alright with it?"

"Oh, and I know it's not really school-pridey of me to ask this, sir, but is that our school's motto by any chance?" She was more than just a little abashed now. "Uh, I just realised I had no clue what was actually the motto, so...."

Quote:
"Great! Y-Yeah, I recognize we talked about some intense stuff that first week," Jay admitted, "I'm glad you've had plenty of time to think about it and, hopefully, come to terms with it."

"Yeah, that lady is his mother. She's a wonderful woman, but I'll let her tell you her story. Make sure you talk to her as well," Jay suggested.

"As far as whether Austin came here by a method similar to mine, I'm... not quite sure at the moment, actually. He just arrived yesterday, so I haven't really had the chance to discuss it with him yet," Jay explained, "But in this case, there's a clear contradiction, because the... things I remember about him can't have happened in this lifetime. At least, not yet, because I remember being older when I knew him. Problem is, he was younger. So... I'm still trying to wrap my own head around it."

"Yeah." She hesitated in continuing her line of thought, and then lowered her voice so that only Jay could hear. "Come to terms with... Well, I realised I've been ignoring one of my moral obligations during this week. And I wanted to rectify that."

"How is that even..." Felicity tapped her bracelet, thinking and unable to find anything to say except for- "So you're saying you became younger when you switched worlds? But wouldn't that mean only consciousnesses were..."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Alfons shook his head, and let out a fake hearty laugh, clearly trying to act like nothing was bothering him. "OHOHO! The great Alfons Einarrson is not bothered by such trivial things. I am just thinking about things...you need not worry yourself about me. I shall refrain from firing arrows around you as well..."

Austin pursed his lips. He knew Alfons was trying to act fine.

"I will worry about you, anyway, whether or not it's a necessity." He looked like he was going to say more, but stopped himself. Other people were around, after all.

"U-um, I mean, is it okay if we talk about this later? Privately?"

MC_Kitten wrote:
"H-hi... Its nice to meet you... M-my name is Remeku Lata... The Ultimate Alchemist..." Remeku said to the new student very shyly. Remeku put some of her hair over the patched eye so she would not scare him like she had scared the others to the point of them not looking at her. Remeku put her hand out for him to shake it.

Austin's attention turned to Remeku, and he shook her outstretched hand.

"Ah, hello. My name is Austin Zimmern, Super High School Level Computer Programmer. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Alchemist, huh? That sounds pretty cool. Chemistry always escaped me."

He smiled politely.

Meanwhile, Cat, with seven cats clinging to her, made it out into the hallway.

"Anyone want a cat? Like, now? Their claws are digging in a little. They're just still so scared because of the sudden shifts in gravity. I hope none of them get pancreatitis from this!"

She didn't seem to notice Austin at the moment. She was, after all, dealing with a bunch of nervous kitties.

Shy guy

"Ooh, me, me!" Feena said enthusiastically, running over to Cat. Just earlier she'd been messing around in the low gravity; gravity had returned to earth-like as she'd been jumping into the air, so she'd come crashing down face first straight after. A bruise was forming on her cheek, though she didn't seem to pay it much mind. Evidently she was quite used to minor injuries like that.

Sakura, also hearing the request, happily ran over to take charge of one of the cats as well.

DarkAgea wrote:
Quote:

"Nice to see you too! How was Wanang?" Felicity asked conversationally. "Mmhm, I wanted to stitch this onto my dress." She was about to shake her head to Sayako's question, before frowning and thinking on it. "Uh, I guess it very well could be - Hope's Peak and all. Now I feel bad not knowing what's the motto... That's some school spirit I have, huh?"

"Oh, it was lovely there~" Sayako replied with a faint blush. "I'll... have to tell you all about it later. And don't worry, I don't know what the motto is either," she chuckled. "But then, where'd you get it if not from the school?"

Quote:
Austin pursed his lips. He knew Alfons was trying to act fine.

"I will worry about you, anyway, whether or not it's a necessity." He looked like he was going to say more, but stopped himself. Other people were around, after all.

"U-um, I mean, is it okay if we talk about this later? Privately?"

Alfons let out a silent sigh before nodding. "If that is what you wish, I shall oblige."

Anton emerged into the hall, looking somewhat worse for the wear. He seemed to be rubbing his forehead.

"Ah-- good day everyone." said Anton, somewhat pained. "I am having an eventful day already, I fear."

Shy guy

"How are you feeling?" Thomlyn asked, looking concerned. He had been watching Feena play with the cats, amused, but again had made no move to go near them himself.

Anton smiled. "I am fine, Thomlyn. It is only... Well, the gravity was still a bit off when I tried to leave my room, and I hit my head on the door frame. Then I did so several times on the walk here as well. I don't quite understand-- I am used to being somewhat more coordinated than this, but hopefully now that the gravity has returned to normal, it shall not happen again..."

"Ah, thank you, sweeties!" Cat exclaimed as Feena and Sakura helped her. "One for you, and one for you~"

Sakura was handed the Tuxedo cat. Feena was handed the Maine Coon. Both cats purred loudly. Cat smiled.

"Why, they're already calming down thanks to you two!" She giggled lightly. "Ah, would you like some ice?"

She seemed to be directing the question to both Feena and Anton.

Austin, meanwhile, tried to act natural. He knew he could only hope for limited success, trying to pick up the pieces after his mom's actions. But he would do everything possible to make things better, anyhow.

"Th-thank you," he stammered.

Alfons let out a cough, unsheathed his bow, and began to wander off. "I shall explore this base, you need not look for me." His stare was focused on the various expensive looking moon rocks scattered across the base. Despite his lack of usual grandeur, you could still see the objective had in his eyes. He took a chocolate donut out of his bottomless pocket, and a carton of milk, before sulking away.
Page 25 of 28 [ 1083 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay