Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
AFD has gotten 13% during the election.
WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE!?

C-A

AFD?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

AfD must be the "Alternative for Germany" party my German friend talks about lol. She says they are far-right extremists or something, and that she is afraid of their influence growing. Sometimes I think she may be exaggerating but I don't have enough information to give an opinion. I am ideologically opposed to the right, so my opinion about this kind of thing isn't impartial either.

Gettin' Old!

Ah yeah I've seen in the news they gained ground and are now the third largest party I think?

Not worried though. I trust Merkel with the free world so I'm pretty sure she'll manage her country well.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Hate to tell you, but so far, Merkel has made exactly one decision by herself that I know of, and that was a very backwards and damaging decision (which I prefer to keep vague because my choice of words could offend some people). Otherwise, she pretty much just nods and agrees with whoever is currently speaking. That said, all the potentially big parties are full of issues. I really wish the Pirates had a chance. :/

In Justice We Trust

I may have already mentioned this, but my house gets raided by ants every summer. This year was no exception. The worst of it ended a while ago, but there's recently been a resurgence in one of the bathrooms. I suspect they actually have a colony somewhere inside the house's walls. The reason for said resurgence may finally have surfaced: termites. A while ago, I spotted a bunch of strange winged insects, larger than the ants, but similar in shape, hanging around in the bathroom. I suspected at first that they might have been young drones or queens that had just left the pupa stage. My image searches failed to find any ants that looked like them, though. Eventually, my mom got a look at one and said they might be termites. Sure enough, when I did an image search for termite queens, I found a picture of some insects that looked exactly like the ones I saw in the bathroom, meaning my house might have termites and need to be fumigated. It's still only a possibility, though. All of the termites I saw had wings and were colored in a way that is exclusive to kings and queens. This means there might not actually be a colony in the house yet. One can only hope that it stays that way...
I'll always love you, Max.

Pierre wrote:
Ah yeah I've seen in the news they gained ground and are now the third largest party I think?

And then the head of the AFD, Petry, decided that now that she has a seat in parlament, she wants to abdicate and turn into a Fraktionslose. You know, I'm thinking if more people do that, the AFD's number in seats will decrease and their influence will lower... So, still a dick move she did. But if it means less AFD having a say in matters, I'm fine with it.

Quote:
were colored in a way that is exclusive to kings and queens. This means there might not actually be a colony in the house yet.

Time to commit regicide.

C-A

I blocked the entrance to my room by putting the wardobre against the door. I don't want to deal with/talk to my father.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
I blocked the entrance to my room by putting the wardobre against the door. I don't want to deal with/talk to my father.

That's a pretty severe measure, what brought that about?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Because listening to him/talking to him is the most frustrating thing that exists. It is even worse than watching TV.

See, the problem is, my family will never understand me. They will live and die, without knowing 1/4 of who I am. I can understand who they are, just by looking at them. I know more about them than they will ever know about me. My father doesn't get life, he only sees everything at surface level. The person he thinks is me, isn't really "me". Or it is just a tiny fraction of "me". This is why it is useless trying to communicate with him. It is fruitless. It is like talking to someone who speaks a language you can understand, but they can't understand yours.

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Your family seems pretty crap by the looks of it. When do you think you can move out?

Summer is coming! Flies, horrible heat and all that stuff, but hopefully it means more rain...
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

To be honest, I was pretty annoyed, and probably overestimated the conflicts I have with my family. I still love them.

Perhaps it is my fault. I don't know. I don't want to sound whiny, but I feel cronically misunderstood by people. It is frustrating. Maybe there are one or two people who get me on a deeper level, but nobody else besides them. It is a problem I have, and I'm trying to work on it. I wish I could be someone else at times.

That's pretty bad, being misunderstood by everyone. I get that too sometimes.

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
Because listening to him/talking to him is the most frustrating thing that exists. It is even worse than watching TV.

See, the problem is, my family will never understand me. They will live and die, without knowing 1/4 of who I am. I can understand who they are, just by looking at them. I know more about them than they will ever know about me. My father doesn't get life, he only sees everything at surface level. The person he thinks is me, isn't really "me". Or it is just a tiny fraction of "me". This is why it is useless trying to communicate with him. It is fruitless. It is like talking to someone who speaks a language you can understand, but they can't understand yours.

Hmm so it's that you think you know them pretty well but that they don't know you and only understand things on a surface level? Plus you think they never will be able to understand you properly?

What makes you think they'll never learn to understand you?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Nowadays I just don't feel like working anymore. It's just a slog to me. Just more paperwork. The dullest thing in the world. Honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of the repetition myself. Thankfully things seem to be starting to improve. (:

Student678 wrote:
Sometimes I feel like everyone just wants me to be submissive and obedient and to just shut up and behave myself all the time. And it really bugs me how some people even want to play god with me.

Does anyone remember this? Because this feeling is coming up again.
I really, really want to BE more than that. I want to know how to defend myself, how to be independent instead of relying on adults all the time. And it doesn't help that there are voices in my head comparing me to that little girl from Dual Destinies I so badly want to punch in the face.

Happy Maria

Student678 wrote:
Student678 wrote:
Sometimes I feel like everyone just wants me to be submissive and obedient and to just shut up and behave myself all the time. And it really bugs me how some people even want to play god with me.

Does anyone remember this? Because this feeling is coming up again.
I really, really want to BE more than that. I want to know how to defend myself, how to be independent instead of relying on adults all the time. And it doesn't help that there are voices in my head comparing me to that little girl from Dual Destinies I so badly want to punch in the face.

Little girl? ...Juniper?

Lately my bathroom paranoia has really been on edge. I've been looking around carefully for any critters- rats, lizards, bigs, and so on. Spiders are fine as long as they aren't nearby. I guess I really dislike the idea of being so close to pests like that. That's why I try and clean everything before I leave. It's very tiring, though.

@Pierre Because trying to communicate with them, always leads nowhere. They never get what I am trying to say.

My worst relationship is actually with my father. To him, I'm just this dramatic/out of reality/impulsive person, and everything I ever do or say is justified by the fact that I am "dramatic". He doesn't try to understand emotions. He is extremely indifferent to everything, dry, and passive towards life. He is the most emotionless person I know. I've never seen him pissed off, very sad, or very happy. Just this endless sea of indifference. How do you even deal with someone like that?

@Student, you remind of myself when I was younger.. Nowadays I laugh at my past attempts to be more "independent", but I totally understand the feeling of being annoyed at people who want to control you/tell you what to do. I think the most annoying thing, is when somebody wants to impose power on you without a good reason. "You have to obey me because I'm your mother/father, doesn't matter if what I say doesn't make sense". This kind of thing pissed me off a lot.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
@Pierre Because trying to communicate with them, always leads nowhere. They never get what I am trying to say.

My worst relationship is actually with my father. To him, I'm just this dramatic/out of reality/impulsive person, and everything I ever do or say is justified by the fact that I am "dramatic". He doesn't try to understand emotions. He is extremely indifferent to everything, dry, and passive towards life. He is the most emotionless person I know. I've never seen him pissed off, very sad, or very happy. Just this endless sea of indifference. How do you even deal with someone like that?

@Student, you remind of myself when I was younger.. Nowadays I laugh at my past attempts to be more "independent", but I totally understand the feeling of being annoyed at people who want to control you/tell you what to do. I think the most annoying thing, is when somebody wants to impose power on you without a good reason. "You have to obey me because I'm your mother/father, doesn't matter if what I say doesn't make sense". This kind of thing pissed me off a lot.

Yeah it sounds like you believe you have a far greater grasp of emotions than he does. Could be a generational thing, I know my parents have often been a bit emotionally dulled and tried to scold me when I've became frustrated at things before. So have you never been able to talk to your Dad and be understood? And that's the same with the rest of your family?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

WHOEVER GAVE THE GO AHEAD TO ALLOW THE KARS FOR KIDS AD TO PLAY ON THE RADIO NEEDS TO BE LOCKED IN A ROOM WITH NOTHING BUT THE KARS FOR KIDS AD PLAYING ON REPEAT.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, good. Don't look it up, I implore you.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

@Pierre I don't think it is a generation thing. Well, this could explain a part of it, but I think it is mostly a "his" thing. Like, his personality. I've never met another person like this in my whole life, no matter the age.

Nah. My relationship with the rest of my family is not as bad as it is with my father, tbh, but it isn't good either. I've always been the "weirdo", the most misbehaved/troublesome kid in my family, etc. I don't think I'll be ever fully appreciated for who I am by my family, but I just learned how to deal with it as I got older. It is something out of my control, and I can't let my self-esteem be affected by this anymore.

@sumguy28 Wat
Who
Kar?

Gettin' Old!

So you think its more something innate to your dad? How does the rest of the family work with him?

Also its good that you aren't allowing your family to tackle your self esteem but I doubt it will be easy. We're often conditioned to want to please our parents and family early on in life and those chains are hard to break.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

It's super frustrating that my brother is suddenly incapable of doing basic middle school mathematics all of a sudden. It makes it hard to help him properly study. It's extra irritating because I know he's better than this. He has the intuition and all, but he's not applying himself properly.

I've felt worse.

Thelema wrote:
@sumguy28 Wat
Who
Kar?

Don't say I didn't warn you.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Idol of Polar Bears

sumguy28 wrote:
WHOEVER GAVE THE GO AHEAD TO ALLOW THE KARS FOR KIDS AD TO PLAY ON THE RADIO NEEDS TO BE LOCKED IN A ROOM WITH NOTHING BUT THE KARS FOR KIDS AD PLAYING ON REPEAT.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, good. Don't look it up, I implore you.

I never hesitate to mute that shit.

Happy Maria

sumguy28 wrote:
Thelema wrote:
@sumguy28 Wat
Who
Kar?

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Geez. Not only is the jingle annoying, but it doesn't even make sense. How can cars be driven by children? They aren't even old enough for a license.

I agree with the guy above, always mute this kinda crap.

I wish I didn't have genitalia! It's not like I use them, so why should I have them? And I wouldn't have to worry about people doing things with them; infections or other annoying crap!

C-A

Happy Maria

CatMuto wrote:
I wish I didn't have genitalia! It's not like I use them, so why should I have them? And I wouldn't have to worry about people doing things with them; infections or other annoying crap!

C-A

Urination? I mean, that seems pretty important.

Work has been harder than usual this year. It's been difficult trying to keep up, and the deadlines just keep appearing. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to make it at this rate. It's pretty tiring.

Southern Corn wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Urination? I mean, that seems pretty important.

Well, I was more referring to the sexual genitalia parts.

C-A

I must confess I acted caustic and had a couple of bad mood swings around somebody who has been terribly helpful/generous to me, and I don’t think I’m good enough to say “I’m sorry”. Anyway this person definitely doesn’t deserve this treatment. I feel kind of guilty around innocent/pure types of people because I’m not like them, and will never be. I feel almost monstrous around them. I don’t like to deal with this guilty conscience, etc.

How could the senate AGREE to this stupid tax reform idea!?

C-A

Happy Maria

I thought I completely sucked when it came to editing even on MS Paint.

Making diagrams on mobile makes me miss Paint, which I didn't even know it was possible. The tools given to me on here are just pathetic and don't give me much room to breathe here.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
How could the senate AGREE to this stupid tax reform idea!?

C-A

Politically motivated donations from those who will benefit from said stupid idea, along with a lack of any enforcement of prevention/punishment for such an act.

It just looks like the idea of a bunch of right-wingers, right-winging around, prob wanting to kiss the butt of some corporations/businessmen.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I love when customers yell at me for things beyond my control. I don't control prices. I don't control sales. All I do is ring up your purchases and send you on your merry way. I got yelled at by a customer because she was accused of stealing and we went to the LP office to look at the cameras and sure enough... she walked out with two bags that had items she didn't pay for. As per her, the "cameras are wrong". After that coworkers got snippy because I shut my light off. Uh... it's time for me to go home. I guarantee when it's your turn, you'd do the same. Yes, I see lines, but I'm scheduled for a certain amount of time and that's how long I intend to stay UNLESS I'm asked by a higher up if I want to stay.
I hate the first two weeks of the month. Customers are too ignorant and messy. They bring 2-3 carts and then end up having me void out half of the purchase because they
"didn't want to spend too much". You have a phone... use the calculator. FFS!
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

I'm going to the Gold Coast again but there is something different about this trip: Dad wants me to have my laptop in my checked-in luggage just to get through security quicker. What if my laptop doesn't survive?

This Deneuve woman starting this idea of Not#MeToo and her statements are FUCKING DISGUSTING!!

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
This Deneuve woman starting this idea of Not#MeToo and her statements are FUCKING DISGUSTING!!

I get the feeling I don't want to know what you're referring to.

You said you didn't want to know but still.

TL;Dr: Some French actress says the metoo movement is putting men in danger because harassment is necessary or something.
Signature loading, please wait...

The problem with this kind of subject is that a lot of people go to short-sighted and fanatic POVs very easily. Some people are “everything a man ever does is evil and oppressive in nature” and some people (like this woman) are “oooh poor men, all those anti-abuse laws are harming men”.

Anyway, f*** this woman. She’s likely a very unintelligent person, or ill-intentioned. Maybe both.

Weinstein is a huge PoS, but as I said before, what makes me concerned is that I think he is being bashed because he was found out. There are hundreds of rich people like him we don’t know of. :shoe:

Gettin' Old!

Cesar Zero wrote:
You said you didn't want to know but still.

TL;Dr: Some French actress says the metoo movement is putting men in danger because harassment is necessary or something.

Haha reading that article and they have a point about something:

A lot of French cultural stereotypes are going to get treated much harsher in a western culture that strongly denounces sexual harassment.

Made me think of Pepe Le Pew. Seduction and romance they argue are French cultural values but perhaps they'll need to rethink where their stance lies and also whether any of the sexual harassment they talk about qualifies as 'romantic'.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 34 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices