Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 262 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
Playing MGS3, and I think I am developing fangirlness for young!Revolver Ocelot. I have a thing for soldiers, you know. Also, I might ship Ocelot/Snake lol. So much Ho Ray in this game.

Also, while I dig the cutscenes and find the plot complex/interesting, can I say I just want to tell Major Zero to shut the f*** up sometimes? It feels he calls you via radio to talk about every single detail there is. It may just be me being impatient, but it gets tiring sometimes. I just skip 30-40% of Snake’s dialogues with Major Zero.

Isn't he just ADORABLE! Young!Ocelot is just so adorable in his fanboyness for Snake.

Also MGS3 is probably my favourite of the games. It's ending sequences are just so wonderfully cinematic and dynamic.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yup, he is very adorable... wannabe badass and adorable <3 “John, plain name, but I won’t forget it”.

This game is pretty awesome, hell yes. Nothing seems at fault here: it has a good gameplay, interesting plot, ‘til now interesting characters, AMAZING soundtrack... the soundtrack basically puts you in a “60s spy movie atmosphere” vibe. Probably one of the most complete games out there. I am playing MGS3 now because it is the first game in the timeline, but I plan to play the others later (to be more specific, I will replay MGS1 because I’ve already played it, but I remember nothing about it)

I've felt worse.

I'm playing Mass Effect and I'm just not enjoying it. I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to do every single side quest I come across, but since I made that attempt, it just gave me extra time to highlight all the annoyances I have with the game. The combat was passable before I got a skill that reduces damage by 96%, driving sucks, managing equipment with all six squad members is tedious, not to mention they all feel like walking backstories, I keep running out of inventory space, the side quests areas all use variations of five different layouts, driving sucks, the dialogue options boil down to "don't be a dick," "get on with it," "be a dick," and "would you like to know more?", and driving sucks. Yes I am aware this game is ten years old, but the only thing I can excuse with that fact is the graphics. I kinda want to see where the story goes, if only because the game came bundled with the sequel, but overall the experience has just been not that engaging.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

Recently finished Hotel Dusk myself, pretty enjoyable overall.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
I'm playing Mass Effect and I'm just not enjoying it. I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to do every single side quest I come across, but since I made that attempt, it just gave me extra time to highlight all the annoyances I have with the game. The combat was passable before I got a skill that reduces damage by 96%, driving sucks, managing equipment with all six squad members is tedious, not to mention they all feel like walking backstories, I keep running out of inventory space, the side quests areas all use variations of five different layouts, driving sucks, the dialogue options boil down to "don't be a dick," "get on with it," "be a dick," and "would you like to know more?", and driving sucks. Yes I am aware this game is ten years old, but the only thing I can excuse with that fact is the graphics. I kinda want to see where the story goes, if only because the game came bundled with the sequel, but overall the experience has just been not that engaging.

The driving sucks but in a BRILLIANT way. It's like "The Room" of driving mechanics. Your car is so wonderful and floaty that you feel you can do anything and get the sickest jumps off of huge mountains. Sometimes it feels like I could climb impossible mountains on sheer willpower alone! It's so bad it's good for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Nothing. I'm waiting for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon to come out. :will:

Okay I'll stop acting like I'm stupid, I'm actually playing Space Engine. Well, it's not really a game per say more of a simulator. Cool thing is you can explore almost the whole entire universe itself. If you are at all interested in Space, I highly recommend that you check it out. Best of all, it's is 100% free.

Happy Maria

Last Window- The Secret of Cape West

It's a pretty enjoyable experience so far, on par with its prequel. I can't wait to see where this goes. I just hope the ending is a little better this time.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Sonic Forces

It’s good. Not great, but it has its moments. Control feels stiff, even with Classic Sonic. Stages are shorter than a typical Sonic game, but it’s like Sonic Colors in which there are lots of stages but are generally short.

It feels like this game was rushed even though it was developed for 4 years. Sonic Mania is much better.

Ranking of the recent 3D Sonic games: Sonic Generations > Sonic Colors > Sonic Unleashed > Sonic Forces > Sonic Lost World

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
Sonic Forces

It’s good. Not great, but it has its moments. Control feels stiff, even with Classic Sonic. Stages are shorter than a typical Sonic game, but it’s like Sonic Colors in which there are lots of stages but are generally short.

It feels like this game was rushed even though it was developed for 4 years. Sonic Mania is much better.

Ranking of the recent 3D Sonic games: Sonic Generations > Sonic Colors > Sonic Unleashed > Sonic Forces > Sonic Lost World

Nnnngh feeding into the self-insert fanfiction side of the Sonic fanbase has tainted that game for me. To be honest the story sounds somewhat interesting. Sonic killed off and the side-characters need to fend for themselves in the meantime. Kinda wish they'd stuck with it without introducing a self-insert Sonic replacement.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I finished my first playthrough of Tyranny despite having bought it a year ago. I ended up siding with the Disfavored. In my second playthrough, I'm going to try the "Rebel Path." The fact that I'm bothering with a second playthrough should make clear whether or not I like this game.

Tyranny leads me to some interesting philosophical questions, though I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was a game out there that could fully tackle such questions without (intentionally or inadvertently) steering the player toward a particular answer, to say nothing of the various intricacies that could affect one's answer. For example, peace and stability often come at a price, at times due to circumstances beyond our control. How much should we be willing to sacrifice for their sake? Playing as someone who serves a tyrant, that question is one I found myself wrestling with during my first playthrough.

There was one point during the Disfavored campaign in which I wanted to try to get Ashe and his subordinates to abandon their plan for dealing with a particular enemy, but the game didn't give me the option to do anything more than disdainfully carry out my part of the mission. A lot of things I had to do that I didn't want to do were ultimately beyond my control, but for acceptable reasons; oftentimes, my hand was forced by an enemy who was unwilling to negotiate. The aforementioned mission was an exception. Railroading will ever be the bane of those who play games with ambiguous moral choices.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I finished my first playthrough of Tyranny despite having bought it a year ago. I ended up siding with the Disfavored. In my second playthrough, I'm going to try the "Rebel Path." The fact that I'm bothering with a second playthrough should make clear whether or not I like this game.

Tyranny leads me to some interesting philosophical questions, though I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was a game out there that could fully tackle such questions without (intentionally or inadvertently) steering the player toward a particular answer, to say nothing of the various intricacies that could affect one's answer. For example, peace and stability often come at a price, at times due to circumstances beyond our control. How much should we be willing to sacrifice for their sake? Playing as someone who serves a tyrant, that question is one I found myself wrestling with during my first playthrough.

There was one point during the Disfavored campaign in which I wanted to try to get Ashe and his subordinates to abandon their plan for dealing with a particular enemy, but the game didn't give me the option to do anything more than disdainfully carry out my part of the mission. A lot of things I had to do that I didn't want to do were ultimately beyond my control, but for acceptable reasons; oftentimes, my hand was forced by an enemy who was unwilling to negotiate. The aforementioned mission was an exception. Railroading will ever be the bane of those who play games with ambiguous moral choices.

Hm sounds a lot like my experience of playing Fire Emblem Conquest.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

In Conquest's defense, the Fire Emblem games have always had rather linear stories with little to no room for the player to change how things play out save for with regards to which characters survive. The lack of choice there was unpleasant, to be sure, but also to be expected. Tyranny, by contrast, normally offers much more room for the player to influence the outcome of things.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
In Conquest's defense, the Fire Emblem games have always had rather linear stories with little to no room for the player to change how things play out save for with regards to which characters survive. The lack of choice there was unpleasant, to be sure, but also to be expected. Tyranny, by contrast, normally offers much more room for the player to influence the outcome of things.

Oh I didn't mean it as a downside, it was clearly the story it was wishing to tell.

You wish you could do good but with the evil eyes of King Garon watching over you, you are forced to resort to trickery and sneakiness in order to achieve any kind of good. Even then the other forces that surround you are undermining and undoing what little good you can do.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Enoshima Junko-chan!

My main issue with Forces is air control. You have so much control over a running jump that you can stop all momentum almost immediately. But if you try to influence a jump from a standstill, you can hardly move.

Happy Maria

I'm currently in Chapter 9 of Cape West. Holy crud this game is exciting. I can't wait to see the ending.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Just finished my 100% playthrough of Mario Odyssey. Not as good as Zelda, but it's still a damn good game that I'd recommend to anyone. Probably one of my 5 favorite games I've ever played, and considering Zelda is also top 5 it shows how damn good of a year the Switch is having.

Gettin' Old!

Almost at the end of Horizon Zero Dawn. A big Open World game I'm actually enjoying.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Okay, finished Sonic Forces. This will probably be my last post on it. I said it felt rushed but that isn’t the right word. It feels lazy. I can’t get over that this game spent four years in development and the result is a game that is mostly mediocre. Sonic Team got upstaged by a team of Sonic fans with Sonic Mania.

I see why Sonic Team wanted to move away from the boost formula in Generations with the following game, Lost World, because they half-assed it in Forces.

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
Okay, finished Sonic Forces. This will probably be my last post on it. I said it felt rushed but that isn’t the right word. It feels lazy. I can’t get over that this game spent four years in development and the result is a game that is mostly mediocre. Sonic Team got upstaged by a team of Sonic fans with Sonic Mania.

I see why Sonic Team wanted to move away from the boost formula in Generations with the following game, Lost World, because they half-assed it in Forces.

Boost formula? I'm not sure what you mean. I saw someone play the first level and it looked like they boosted through the whole thing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Finished Mass Effect 1. Waiting for the sequel to download.

I have to admit, the story grew on me the closer I got to the end.

One thing I will complain about, though,
Spoiler:
I'm fairly certain I played Shepard as "not interested in banging his crew members."

Then he banged a crew member.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm fairly certain I played Shepard as "not interested in banging his crew members."

I had a similar experience. I was friendly toward Ashley, but didn't want my character to be in a relationship with her. Apparently, the game thought I did. I turned her down at Ilos, but the game still assumed that they were a couple, judging by some scenes in my playthroughs of 2 and 3.

One thing I would have liked would be having the option to just have Shepard be married to someone who never actually appears in-game--just a simple box to tick in character creation. Such an option would have been an effective anti-romance shield while the hypothetical spouse's off-screen status would avert the risk of him/her being someone the player wouldn't like.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:

I had a similar experience. I was friendly toward Ashley, but didn't want my character to be in a relationship with her. Apparently, the game thought I did. I turned her down at Ilos, but the game still assumed that they were a couple, judging by some scenes in my playthroughs of 2 and 3.

One thing I would have liked would be having the option to just have Shepard be married to someone who never actually appears in-game--just a simple box to tick in character creation. Such an option would have been an effective anti-romance shield while the hypothetical spouse's off-screen status would avert the risk of him/her being someone the player wouldn't like.

Hey I can feel your pain. I accidentally ended up knocking boots with Dorian in Dragon Age 3. I kept playing up a 'bromance' angle because he's a cool stylish guy and then dude up and kisses me.

Cept he's too cool now for me to break his heart.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I finished up the new southpark game. The ending left me pretty hyped for what is coming up next. The boss fight at the end was funny, but could have been more epic, and climatic. I wonder if the ending is hinting at a dlc or the plot for a new game.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Just finished "playing" (watched an unspoiled playthrough) of Doki Doki Literature Club. I honestly can't remember the last time a game played with my emotions as much as this one, especially with how close it hits to certain issues I'm dealing with in my personal life right now.

Happy Maria

Replaying Hotel Dusk but this time I want to be a complete jerk and pick all the wrong options and get all the game overs

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Replaying Hotel Dusk but this time I want to be a complete jerk and pick all the wrong options and get all the game overs

I can't remember specifics...but make sure you diss on the writer in the bar when talking to the hotel manager! It's a fantastic game over.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Lol I hated the hotel owner with all my passion, especially in the beginning of the game. I couldn’t do/say anything, he would kick me out of the place. Intolerant bitch.

Happy Maria

Dunning is super sensitive, yeah, though it is somewhat justified.

Funny thing you say that though Pierre, that was one of the first game overs I got in my first playthrough and I loved it lol.

Spoiler: Hotel Dusk
You just end up getting drunk the entire night and don't really uncover anything.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:

Funny thing you say that though Pierre, that was one of the first game overs I got in my first playthrough and I loved it lol.

You just end up getting drunk the entire night and don't really uncover anything.

A night well spent
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

A night well spent

On the other hand...

Spoiler: Endgame spoilers
Dunning might've gotten so drunk he could've divulged everything about Evans, Nile, Bradley and Osterzone but we never see it :P

I've felt worse.

Overwatch just had a free weekend, so I checked that out.
Playing as Lucio was kinda fun.
Aside from that, I predictably got my ass handed to me.

Happy Maria

I finished replaying HD. I'd forgotten how fun it was being an asshole. I also managed to have a save file with no game overs and got to see the AE. Interesting! I think I appreciate this game a lot more on a replay, tbh.

Now moving onto the (arguably superior) Last Window, where I'll be doing much of the same thing.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:

Lucio is great fun to move as and used to be my favourite healer till they nerfed him to make more range. Did you try anyone else out?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Lucio is great fun to move as and used to be my favourite healer till they nerfed him to make more range. Did you try anyone else out?

Reinhardt was okay as a tank. Could never figure out when to use his charge, though.
During the round I used Bastion for, I got sniped by a Widowmaker. Three times. In the same location.
Playing as McCree was a cycle of spawn -> kill -> die -> repeat. I had an ultimate charged up, used it, and got killed before McCree could finish saying the word "high."
Genji was the above, but with one kill every three deaths.
Tracer was the one I had the most difficulty with. Whether it be poor management of cooldowns, or just rushing blindly and overestimating how much damage I could take, I ended up with the most deaths playing as her.
What was Lucio like pre-nerf?

Gettin' Old!

His healing range was doubled. He could actually heal adequately then. Now you either need to stand in the danger or play an off-healer.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

While replaying LW I've discovered a lot of alternate routes.

Spoiler: Last Window
You can give the lottery money to Tony, but also to Sidney, Charles or Marie. Quite interesting. You can also make very different types of sales to different people. The hardest one imo is Charles because he catches onto you pretty fast.

Admittedly the game starts out rather slow and it is slightly annoying to be interrupted every four feet you walk but oh does it have its moments. Especially Will's interrogation, that was so good.

The gameovers this time are pretty hilarious though lol. Especially the one where you try to save Marie from jumping but she runs back to her room and calls the cops(?)
Also the one where you give up on searching the ring but Tony rushes in and finds it anyway. But he won't trust you anymore or something and Kyle is all "D'awwwww :(" and goes back to his room and doesn't come out ever again or something equally silly.

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
It's a good game! They took things from SoS and improved, but they also removed things from SoS that I liked. I wish the game was a bit more 'difficult' in completing its goals of Farming Tips and Town Ranks.

Dragonball Xenoverse
I made a Freeza race, called him Kelvin. Since I play with Japanese voice tracks, I picked Voice #5, which is the guy who voiced Ocarina of Time Adult Link.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Just finished Nier: Automata and boy was that a game.

*minor spoilers*

I feel very confused about bits of the ending. I've seen enough existentialism in games to not be shocked by their revelations. In fact at times I was downright questioning why the characters cared so much in a world where death was meaningless (for most of the game anyway).

Yet there's a lot of questions I'm left with. The whole while it feels like there's some grander master pulling the strings who has arranged for so many events of the game to happen. Yet I don't feel they ever reveal this individual if they exist. Thanks to the unique quirk of the ending and my own foolishness I'm not going to get any answers anytime soon I think.

Guess I'll just mull over it until they make another weird sequel.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
The whole while it feels like there's some grander master pulling the strings who has arranged for so many events of the game to happen. Yet I don't feel they ever reveal this individual if they exist.

If they did, it's somewhere within either the dozens of lore entries, the stageplay, or the concert readings, all of which I chose to ignore for my own sanity.
Spoiler: but just going by the game
I don't think such an individual existed. There may have been someone that set things into motion, but ultimately, the events come down to the actions of each species reacting to their messed up circumstances.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
The whole while it feels like there's some grander master pulling the strings who has arranged for so many events of the game to happen. Yet I don't feel they ever reveal this individual if they exist.

If they did, it's somewhere within either the dozens of lore entries, the stageplay, or the concert readings, all of which I chose to ignore for my own sanity.
Spoiler: but just going by the game
I don't think such an individual existed. There may have been someone that set things into motion, but ultimately, the events come down to the actions of each species reacting to their messed up circumstances.

Yeah but here's an example...

Spoiler: Big Nier automata spoilers
So a plan was put in place to destroy Yorha but by who? Clearly not the humans and apparently this was done to make way for new combat troops.

Also how on earth did the machines get stronger after you defeat their two biggest players in Adam and Eve? It's after that that the Tower pops up which looks like it would take a huge amount of planning. Then you meet the weird girls who I still feel I learned nothing about but even after they get taken out the Robots keep going.

It's like you cut the head off the snake multiple times but it's really a hydra so more super villains keep showing up. I figured after defeating the collective network in the form of Eve it would do something but no. I would figure tricking the Network girls into killing each other it would do something but no. Something somehow always keeps pushing the pieces across the board.

Like why did Pascals village suddenly go mad? Why was a huge ridiculous coordinated attack launched on Pascal when he fled to the factory? It just feels like there's something else there.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 262 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station