Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 40 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 2 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

ASCEND

Anissa stands up and backs away from the pool, now freshly polluted by Akio. She mumbles, "G- Good thing I wasn't planning on swimming anyway..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Kagayaki wasn't paying attention to the stupid drinking contest, but it was hard to not hear Akio regurgitating into the pool; she quickly swam to the opposite side and pulled herself out of the polluted water. She turned and narrowed her eyes at the culprit... then watched him fall in. And not move.

She hesitated for a moment, then called out loudly: "Someone prepare a rope!"

She launched herself back into the pool and swam to the point where Akio fell.

S, who had been out for a walk, entered the pool area.

"So this is where everyone is. Well, mostly everyone." He said as he looks around, before noticing the chaos. "Uhh... Is everything alright?"

Shirly tosses the rope and float in Kagayaki's direction.

"Stay here S! Akio is in the pool and I'm gonna go get rope from... Wait where the hell is rope?!"

Casey suddenly sees Shirly toss the rope and breathes a sigh of relief. Still dead serious, she grabs the end of the rope and watches intently for Kagayaki's instruction.

"Hell yeah boys, let's save a life!!"

Kagayaki tied the end of the rope with the float around the base of the nearest ladder. "When I tug the rope, pull him up!"

She grasped the other end tightly and dove to the bottom of the pool where Akio still laid. She wrapped the rope around his waist, tied it firmly, and pulled it to signal to whoever was above that they were ready. As he ascended, she guided his head to keep it from banging into the side of the pool.

[put something witty here]

Molly, having finally mustered up the courage to join the rest of the students, exits her room. She's changed into a modest, pink, one piece swimsuit for the occasion. Under her arm she carries a green pool float, for the possibility she were brave enough to venture into the deeper end of the waters. With as much confidence as she could gather, she steps into the pool area with a cheerful smile.

...unfortunately, she happens upon the tail end of the disastrous drinking competition. The girl stares in silent horror, unable to move or take her eyes off of the scene unfolding before her eyes. The drinks, the bile spreading through the pool, the drowned Akio currently being fished out. She considers going back to her room and hiding under the covers for the rest of the night, pretending she saw nothing.

"Molly come on! We're gonna pull him out man! We gotta do this dammit! Kagayaki needs you to help!"

Casey looks like she's in the zone. She's not upset, but she's just completely determined to save Akio.

She's easily able to haul Akio out.

Trying his best not to slip, S runs over to Casey and the unconscious Akio.

"Is he breathing?" He asks, somewhat concerned.

Once Akio was back on dry land, Kagayaki slowly climbed her way up the ladder. She was breathing too hard to speak, but she gave Casey a nod and weak smile before sitting on the floor nearby to rest. She just hoped someone else there knew a bit about resuscitation.

"U-Um, right!" Molly snaps out of her reverie, quickly dashing to the group around Akio. She frantically looks to the others, hoping someone can direct her. "I-Is he still alive? What do we do?"

"Hell yeah Kagayaki! Good on ya, dude. I've got this man."

Casey kneels over Akio and begins doing chest compressions after checking his breathing.

"Dammit, this takes me back..." she mumbles.

After a little bit, she bends down opening his mouth. She breathes in and presses her lips against his, trying to breathe air into his lungs.

"C'mon dude. It's been real long since I learned this..."

She continues on.

Akio woke up suddenly, surprised.

"...D-Did I win..? I won, didn't I? Ehehehe..."

"Th-thank goodness dude... Y-yeah man you won, or at least you showed the most desire to win, but uh... it really isn't okay to mess around at the pool like this..."

"Thanks S, Molly, you guys are real champs."

Casey hugs the two of them and then stands up.

"Alright well that's enough adrenaline for me. I thought that card game was going to be the most intense thing of the day."

She staggers away from the pool area.

"Alright, see y'all tomorrow at the poker table!"

“I didn’t really do anything, but you’re welcome Casey. I’m just glad Akio’s alright. You’re the ‘champ’ for preforming CPR on him.”

He waves goodbye as she leaves.

“See you tomorrow.”

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Akio woke up suddenly, surprised.

"...D-Did I win..? I won, didn't I? Ehehehe..."

Shirly poured herself another four shots and downed them all.

“Nah, maybe the ultimate alcoholic isn’t a very good career choice for you.”

She turned to Kagayama and Casey.

“Thanks for saving him there. See this is why alcohol shouldn’t be consumed by someone who can’t take it.”

"O-Oh..."

Akio sighed and tried to get up. The act of standing was fruitless for him however, and he just collapsed on the floor, sighing. "I guesh...thish is...*hic* it for mee..."

Happy Maria

"Sir Firebug?" Sir Cardor looked at the fallen pyromaniac nervously. "Are you quite alright? Perhaps I should take you back to your room." He proceeded to help lift Akio up.

Southern Corn wrote:
"Sir Firebug?" Sir Cardor looked at the fallen pyromaniac nervously. "Are you quite alright? Perhaps I should take you back to your room." He proceeded to help lift Akio up.

"T-This suuucks..."

Akio yawned. "Take me away...the talentless Akio Taira needs his shleep..."

"Be careful with him, Terry! Make sure his head's pointed away from you!" Molly steps back from the scene, assured the knight can handle the situation. She looks to the pool sorrowfully, mumbling to herself. "Somehow I don't feel like swimming after all that..."

Happy Maria

"Very well, then." Sir Cardor grimaced at the very tired Akio in his hands. "I shall see you all later." With that, he stepped into the elevator and left.

Claudius, who has been watching the events from the tub, shook his head and stood up to leave. "What the hell, you people are more weird than my previous companions. I'm going to see if there are some sharks in that ocean, enough with this."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Whatthefu--" Lyla promptly leaves the pool. "Why the pool, man..."

I require pandas

Sachi also quickly left the pool. "Okay like....i feel bad for Akio and all but that's nasty...." She sighed and went to get dressed again.

"Perhaps Monokuma will clean this up. If you want to swim more, maybe the beach will suffice."

Shirly goes off to the cafe, hoping to come up with another original blend.

Shy guy

After helping the others rescue Akio to the best of his non-proficient swimming ability, Dale too left the pool and returned to his room to try out the new showers they'd been provided.

Spoiler: Chapter 2 Special event
The pool party did wonders to soothe everyone's nerves, but it could not fix the psychological damage to all the participants. Everyone’s teeth were on edge after what happened on the ship, and it was starting to wear everyone thin.

After a few days, it was Lyla that called everyone together in the Poker room, to relieve the tension. "Hello everyone! I was thinking that we could get together for a friendly competition."

“Jousts!” suggested Sir Terrence.

“I was thinking something a bit less… testosterone-y?” said Lyla. “Or at least less likely to end in someone getting skewered. Plus, we’re here, right? May as well… play poker?”

“P-poker?” asked Anissa uncertainly. “I’m not sure I’d be any good at that…”

“Well, I mean… We already have cards, and chips. It just sort of makes sense.” said Lyla.

“I-I think I might just be the dealer or something…” said Anissa uncertainly.

“That’s fine, but there are too many of us to have just one table.” said Lyla, looking around. “Any other volunteers?”

MonoRoomba rolled up. “DEALING-CARDS? I-HAVE-THAT-FUNCTIONALITY. PLEASE-INSERT-DECK-OF-CARDS.”

The students each took a spot at one of the two tables, with either Anissa or MonoRoomba dealing.

The students began to play and bet against each other. Hand after hand was played, and chips changed hands. Players were slowly starting to be knocked out, and chips changed hands. Miraculously, Sir Terrence had amassed quite a number of chips, and although he had a surprisingly hard-to-read poker face, he mostly took risks and got lucky.

“‘Tis the boldness of the knight, striding onto the battlefield!” said Sir Terrence. “Lady Fortune cannot ignore such an earnest gesture!”

Kagayaki sighed. “Lady Fortune indeed… Well-played, Lord Cardor.” she muttered as she nonchalantly tossed down the last of her cards and forfeited the last of her chips Terrence's pile. She stood up and left the table.

Sir Terrence looked across the table at his final opponent: S.

“Yeah… I just don’t know how I’m supposed to read a robot…” said Dale. “Just no chip in way...”

“Probably why you dumped all your chips in his pile.” teased Casey. Dale simply frowned.

“BESIDES-THAT-IS-A-PREJUDICIAL-STATEMENT.”

A few more hands between the two remaining players led to S getting the better of Terrence. Some of the students had gotten bored and left for their rooms, but most stuck around, providing their own hushed commentary.

Finally, it seemed as if Terrence was on the outs. S had forced him all-in, and Terrence didn’t have the chips to match him.

“...I have a proposal.” said Sir Terrence. “I will match your chips… with my righteous armor!”

“Your… your armor?” asked S. “Sir, are you certain?”

“My honor will not allow me to make half-measures, nor for my chips to slowly bleed out!” shouted Terrence. “It shall be all-or-nothing! My honor demands as much!”

S considered this for a moment, and then nodded. “Very well, if you are sure.”

“You have fought well!” said Sir Terrence. “I wish you many felicitations!”

“...Good luck to you as well, Sir Terrence.” S replied simply.

“This is a battle to the death!” shouted Claud. “I demand you conduct yourselves as soldiers on the battlefield instead of this… shameful display!”

He slammed his gauntlet onto the table, much too hard.

And after a loud creak, the table’s gold-filigree leg snapped, falling towards S. He got out of the way deftly before the chips and cards went flying. Terrence gallantly swept Anissa out of the way, getting her out of danger as well.

After the dust cleared, both S and Terrence were holding their cards.

“S-so.. who won?” asked Sachiko.

A cursory glance at each opponent saw that they still had their cards in their hands.

“Normally, Honor wouldn’t permit me to go before you… however…” said Terrence, with a dramatic flair, he turned his cards for all to see. “One pair of aces, and another of eights!”

S gingerly turned around his cards. “All of my cards are of the same suit-- clubs. I believe, in this game, that is known as a flush…” he said, no hint of arrogance in his voice. “I believe that my hand is the higher in our head-to-head match.”

Terrence sighed. “Well fought…” he took his breastplate, but Penelope decided to help him with the gauntlets.

“Hey-- these things aren’t as heavy as I imagined in my head…” said Penelope, foisting the armored gloves.

“Were my gauntlets too heavy, they would be useless to grip my sword.” said Sir Terrence. As he handed the articles to S, the latter objected.

“I am happy for the victory… but I have no use for armor.” said S, gesturing to himself. “I only wished to play the game with you on your terms so as to maximise your enjoyment.”

“Be that as it may, Sir Metal Knight, Chivalry bids me give you the spoils due to you.” said Terrence. “It is my duty as a knight.”

S thought about this for a moment. “As you wish, Sir Terrence.” he took the articles from the knight. “A compromise, then. You shall keep your breastplate, and I shall retain your gauntlets. Then, I will devise a scenario for which you may earn them back from me.”

This seemed to satisfy the knight, as the class revelled in the display and then, eventually, went their separate ways.

(My goal is to start the class trial in the next ~36 hours. Stay tuned!)

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Sir Cardor nodded, satisfied at how the game ended. "Aye, 'twas a most valiant game, truly. Alas, there could only be one victor- you, Sir Metal Knight." He looked at S. "I shall miss my gauntlets though", he said, looking at his now gloveless hands disappointedly. "Anyway, I shall see you lords and ladies elsewhere. A good day to ye, sires! Invite me here again when you wish to joust with me, eh?" Giving everyone else a strange look, he left the poker room.

"Terry! You had him! It was soooo close. I was so proud man!! And to think you didn't even know how to play poker when we first got here... That would have been such an inspiring story!! But now you've lost your arm things in a humiliating defeat, and... and..."

Casey takes the Terry's loss a lot harder than she took her own loss in the first round.

"Anyway guys... that was a lot of fun to watch!"

ASCEND

"D- Don't worry, Terrence... It's not y- your fault you lost," Anissa says, trying to sound reassuring. "I'm the one who d- dealt the cards in that order, so it's my f- fault..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Claudius roared in laughter. "Truly, a fine victory! I would take you for a glass of wine S, but ummm...: he gestured to his face.

I require pandas

"I'll admit, that was much more exciting than I thought it'd be!" Sachi pipes in, clapping. "Congradulations to both Terry and S for giving it their all."

Equipped with Game

Penelope waves a hand, putting the other hand to her face, "Oh...I never been good at these kinds of, uh, games....well, congrats S on winning...! You really went all in on this one... Ehehehe."

S chuckles, somewhat embarrassed by the compliments.

"We should all do that again sometime, it was a lot of fun!" He says, looking down at Terrence's gauntlets. "Not really sure what I'm gonna do with these though... Guess I'll hold onto them until Sir Cardor wants them back."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Well, that seems to have sort of worked!" Lyla smiles. "Next time we could just go to the beach instead."

"They're a trophy, S! Hang 'em up in your room! All of us are walking away empty-handed except you! Take pride in your prize, man!"

Shy guy

Dale, hungry after the games (and his loss), wordlessly left for the new kitchen to make some food. Soon the smell of cooking meat and smoke filled the surrounding area.

Akio stumbled into the kitchen, extremely hungover.

"...All the greaseheads at the circus would eat a burger after downing a beer...you know how to make burgers?" Akio requested to Dale.

Shy guy

Dale shrugged, poured some more oil in the already too-full pan he was using, and then dropped a burger from the fridge into it. "Like this." He helpfully added. "There's, like, lettuce and other green stuff in the fridge if you want it. Probably buns in here, too, if you wanna look around for one."

Akio nodded, dropped to the floor, and began to crawl to the pantries where he expected to find some burger buns.

"Shirly is crazy...that stuff tastes nasty..."
Page 40 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus