Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 2[ 49 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nonary Game 6 Signup Thread (Closed)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Edit: The signup period is now over. Thank you all for your interest. The game is here.

Hello, one and all. This is the recruitment thread for participants for the sixth Nonary Game. Please make yourself at home.

For the newcomers and others who are unaware, the Nonary Games are a series of RPs based on the Zero Escape games (though no prior knowledge of the series is required). The actual structure varies from game to game, but the main plot is that you are trapped with a number of people (in this case, nine) and have to seek a way out, usually going through rooms, solving puzzles, and other minigames in between. Other specifics will be divulged after the game starts.

Something important to note is that this game will be somewhat puzzle heavy than usual. Not quite to the level of the previous games, but being active in the room phases is a must. Not posting during the room phases at all will guarantee punishment, so keep that in mind while joining. On a similar note, a reasonably high activity level is needed for each player. I won't particularly assign something like "post at least once a day" or anything similar, but being at least somewhat active in the various discussions and such among the players is necessary.

Once you sign up, I will RNG which player is given to which participant and send it to you in your Role PM. One important thing to note is that characters are all pre-designed to an extent by me, with their own backstory and occasionally even specifics to their personalities. This means that you will not have a say in creating them. Don't be too scared off by this, however, as you will still be able to talk and act how you will, as long as said speaking or actions do not conflict with the given specifics. A small example is an old biker, who is rather irritable and grumpy. As such, you will be able to play them the way you like, as long as that it's reasonable they would act the way they would given the circumstances, and that they don't act happy and cheerful all the time.

Along with your character's name, age, gender, backstory and personality, your Role PM will also include your character's abilities and possessions at the time, as well as miscellaneous notes not fitting into any of these categories. Your characters will also have unique win conditions, which may not necessarily involve escaping. However, for certain reasons, they will not be given in your Role PM, but rather, gradually given to you throughout the game. Your win conditions will all evolve over time, depending on what course of action your character takes or how the game changes. I will also never publicly reveal information in the main thread or the room QTs that conflicts with your win condition.

Finally, you will also be given a QT (QuickTopic) with me wherein you communicate with me about the game, which includes private actions, questions or comments about the game, general speculation, and also random nonsense not having to do with the game at all. Unfortunately, all players will not have an alternate method of communication this time as it's simply easier to manage. So PMs or Xat or what have you is a big nope.

Edit: It's come to my attention that this game was much more anticipated than I expected it to be. Due to this unexpected interest, I feel as though I should make the signup process fairer. So everyone who has entered will not automatically be selected. Once I feel that we've gotten all the signups we're going to get (probably by the 14th or so), I'll end the joining up period and then I shall have to select the 9 players I feel most suitable for the game.

It pains me to do this, especially seeing the newcomers this game has attracted already, but it's mainly to give everyone a proper chance to participate in this game. Do not think that once you're out, you're done with the game, though. Even if you haven't been selected, you will be put in the substitutes category, and you will be put on hold until the case arises where a player in removed for inactivity; in which case you'll be called to replace them.

The only conditions for being a substitute is to pay attention to what has occurred during the game so far, and to not discuss anything spoilery about the game with the other players. In fact, the second rule holds good for the players selected in the game as well. Try to keep interaction about the game to a bare minimum if possible. Substitutes will also be sent a joint QT at the start of the game, where they will be able to commentate and speculate to your heart's content. I will also post there when a substitute is needed, so keep your eyes peeled there. Once I do, respond and you shall be PMed your Role PM, and be put into the game.

The game itself will start on the 21st, provided that I receive the required signups within this time. So participants in MechaQDogg and JesusMonroe's Danganronpa F3 RP need not fret, as this will only begin after their game ends.

If you're okay with these requirements after reading them and wish to join, please read through the NEO-MAMA (Nonary Edition Of Mandating Against Meta Anything) and make sure you agree with it all. Obviously, agreeing with it is implicit if you decide to join, but it would be much appreciated if you stated it explicitly anyway.

Spoiler: NEO-MAMA
I understand and agree that by participating in the game:

All actions made in the game must adhere to the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. All in-game actions are towards the in-game victory. All actions expressed in the game are without insult, ill-will, harmful intent, or personal grudges. Furthermore, any outside alliances, friendships, or other relationships will not affect any of my decisions in the game.

During any game, the Game Master's (and/or co-GM's and/or proxy GM's) judgments regarding the game are final, and not subject to review. This is excepted ONLY when a forum rule is broken, or under very extreme circumstances. All cases will be assessed and processed by CR staff members only. In these exceptions, the staff decision is then final.

The use of meta-game methods for collecting and disseminating information is grounds for penalization. This majorly includes (but isn't limited to):

Screenshots of game-related content.
Creating/using a secondary account.
Using non-players to aid you.
Threatening, extorting, bribing, or otherwise forcing/buying the behaviour of any party involved in a game to influence the outcome of a game.
Reading restricted conversation areas. (Includes, not limited to: Dead/Spectator Thread, QuickTopics, other player's role PM's, etc.)

Pursuing my primary victory condition takes precedence over everything else. If even the slightest chance of victory for my faction remains, I must pursue it for all I'm worth. I will always pursue the victory of myself or my faction and will not knowingly sabotage the chances of fulfilling the victory conditions of myself or my faction, including (but not limited to) assisting other players' or factions' fulfillment of their victory conditions.

I will not, through any action or inaction, attempt to ruin the game's experience for others. I will not be arrogant in victory, nor contemptuous in defeat. I will be respectful toward all other players of any background and skill level.

The utilization of means to circumvent the phrasing of this agreement will be considered a violation. Anything determined to violate the spirit of this agreement is subject to penalties on par with a violation of any of the specific directives.

If for any reason it is determined that I am in violation of the NEO-MAMA, I understand that I will be penalized for my actions with or without warning, inclusive of being expelled from current and/or future games.
If you are incapable of abiding by this agreement, do not play the game.
NONARY GAMEPLAY RULES

All participants must agree to the NEO-MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Nonary Games
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via their private QuickTopic. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.

LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES

Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.

And that about constitutes it, I believe. If you have any further questions after this, please feel free to ask, so that all doubts are clarified before the game starts. Thank you all for reading, and let the games begin once more!

Spoiler: Player Roster
Current Participants
1. Planetbox
2. Doctor Nanjo
3. Kachu
4. KamiPanda
5. JesusMonroe
6. Blinky
7. SiRReN
8. Pierre
9. MechaQDogg
10. Southern Corn

Substitutes
1. Datamatt
2. Salem
3. Cesar Zero

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:31 am, edited 23 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game 6 Signup ThreadTopic%20Title

ASCEND

I haven't read a single thing in the post yet, but I'm signing up anyway.

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm agreeing to that Neo-MAMA thing too.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey! I would love to play this lovely nonary game!

I agree to the NEO-MAMA

Sign me up! Can't wait!

Sock

Hey hey hey.
I'm interested in signing up.
Neo-Mama is agreed with.

Shy guy

I

AM

IN!

I agree to the NEO-MAMA and to the inevitable assignment of me as first victim.

/in mama and all that

No other way than to make this mistake.

I am SIGNING UP yet again, let's go

Let's do this

oh yeah I agree to the Neo-MAMA and all that

Happy Maria

Alright. It's come to my attention that this game was…well, let's just say it was much more anticipated than I expected it to be. Due to this unexpected interest, I feel as though I should make the signup process fairer. So everyone who has entered will not automatically be selected. Once I feel that we've gotten all the signups we're going to get (probably by the 14th or so), I'll end the joining up period and then I shall have to select the 9 players I feel most suitable for the game.

It pains me to do this, especially seeing the newcomers this game has attracted already, but it's mainly to give everyone a proper chance to participate in this game. Do not think that once you're out, you're done with the game, though. Even if you haven't been selected, you will be put in the substitutes category, and you will be put on hold until the case arises where a player in removed for inactivity; in which case you'll be called to replace them.

The only conditions for being a substitute is to pay attention to what has occurred during the game so far, and to not discuss anything spoilery about the game with the other players. In fact, the second rule holds good for the players selected in the game as well. Try to keep interaction about the game to a bare minimum if possible.

All this information will be put up in the OP as well.

Oh yeah this should be INteresting. Assuming I can actually get in and all that.

I agree to the NEO-MAMA.
Signature loading, please wait...

Sure, I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I have taken the NEO-MAMA into my very being and it now drives my morals and decision-making faculties and all that.

I do have a quick question, though--

Quote:
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via private message. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.

Are you including the private QuickTopic you mentioned as a "private message" or are you intending only to take round-specific requests via forum PM?

Also also, I feel like the NEO-MAMA language should be updated--

Quote:
I will always pursue the victory of myself or my faction and will not knowingly and/or willingly assist other factions, unless it does not interfere with my chances of victory.

I would propose the following change:

Quote:
I will always pursue the victory of myself or my faction and will not knowingly sabotage the chances of fulfilling the victory conditions of myself or my faction, including (but not limited to) assisting other players' or factions' fulfillment of their victory conditions.

It's a bit of a clarification-- in the former it might be misinterpreted as "If I help someone else and it has consequences of unknowingly messing me up, I've broken rules.", whereas the latter makes it clear that it's not against the rules to, say, be outfoxed by another player, just that you might accidentally induce your own loss. Does this kind of make sense?

Happy Maria

Sure. I didn't edit the NEO-MAMA itself but it always helps to clarify.

And yes, that was a mistake. I meant QT.

Happy Maria

Oh, and also, some clarification on a couple things:

1. Substitutes will have their own joint QT when the game starts where they can all speculate and commentate to their heart's content. I shall also use that QT to inform them whenever a substitute is needed, and then wait for someone to post there to send them their Role PM (through PM again, of course). I understand that the chance of being a substitute at first seems very, very unlikely, but it's more common than you think. In fact, in all the forum game RPs I've participated in, only one of them (F3) hasn't needed a substitute so far. So keep an eye out, just in case.

2. This is pretty important. I will never publicly reveal information in the main thread or the room QTs that conflicts with your win condition. Note the wording. There are still other ways of receiving such information privately, after all.

Both these points will also be added to the main thread.

hi

Sign me up!

I agree to the NEO-MAMA.

Happy Maria

There we go! Now we have at least one substitute, so at least I'm a little more comfortable as we are now.

Gettin' Old!

Hah I wish I didn't have so much on these days :(

I'll just observe this time. Had a good run in the last Nonary Game. Best not push my luck.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Planetbox wrote:
oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What's wrong D:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

I was just hoping you'd be able to join lol

Shy guy

Same, honestly :p

Gettin' Old!

Gaaah you guys T_T

Well I was late to the party anyway (seems this went up while I was on holiday so haven't been checking my phone). Slots all look full but you can put me down as a sub I guess.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

It's not first-come-first-serve; SC will choose nine players out of the sign-ups later on.

Shy guy

Yeah, what PB said. Dang it, posting before me.

Though it's fine to sign up as a substitute only if you want, it's what Franzise is doing. Don't want to pressure you into playing if you're actually busy or whatever XD

Gettin' Old!

Hmm well I'm still on holiday now. I'll have a look at the criteria and write up a character later on.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

It'd be an honour to have you honestly Pierre, but if you're so busy you can straight up join as a sub if you want :p I can allow that.

I'd also like to add that Franzise technically hasn't signed up as a sub yet. She's only commented on doing so offhandedly.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

I will not be able to play due to the thing I have going on (which will hopefully pick up again soon.) I was considering joining as a sub but I can't even promise I can do that, so I'll just observe this one too. Have fun everyone!
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Happy Maria

I don't know how I missed this, but:

Pierre wrote:
write up a character later on.

You...uh, kinda won't XD Like I said, the characters are already predetermined, as per the usual NG3-5 affair. Like usual though, you'll be able to alter their personality and actions to a reasonable extent.

*nose dives into the arena*

I'm in Mama!

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
I don't know how I missed this, but:

Pierre wrote:
write up a character later on.

You...uh, kinda won't XD Like I said, the characters are already predetermined, as per the usual NG3-5 affair. Like usual though, you'll be able to alter their personality and actions to a reasonable extent.

Solid! Saves me the hassle.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Sure. Does that mean you'll be joining, then? Just give me the word and I'll add you.

Gettin' Old!

Sure I occasionally have to work a 12-hour shift but aside from that day I should be able to be quite active.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Of course! You've been added. Just inform me when you have the 12 hour shift and you should be good to go.

Happy Maria

Aaaand signups are closed! Sorry for ending this a bit earlier than expected, but it is technically an hour past midnight where I am now and I figured we probably got all the signups we were going to get anyway. So, without further ado, the player roster (in no particular order)!

Spoiler: *drumroll*
1. Planetbox
2. Kachu
3. Doctor Nanjo
4. KamiPanda
5. MechaQDogg
6. SiRReN
7. Pierre
8. Blinky
9. JesusMonroe
10. Southern Corn

Substitutes:
1. Salem
2. Cesar Zero
3. Datamatt

Congrats to those who got in, as well as to the substitutes! This will be put up on the OP as well.

As for the Role PMs, I'll be sending them to the respective players this Wednesday, the 18th. I'll also be sending the QT for the substitutes then. Look forward to that!
Re: Nonary Game 6 Signup Thread (Closed, Player Roster in OPTopic%20Title

Nice! I am excited to play, but I must give my condolences to Cesar/Matt/Salem.

The other NG's took approximately one entire century to fill up, and though it's great the community has grown, we are in an awkward spot between having enough for the game and being able to run multiple games at the same time.

Happy Maria

True, they were quite unlucky. It really was hard having to choose some of the subs, though. It got really close there. Maybe if this were KamiPanda's N+G, there would actually be room for all of them, but alas, 9 is all I have here. If any of the subs wish to know why they weren't selected for the players, by the way, feel free to ask me if you want.

And true, the timing is somewhat unfortunate. I understand that this must be quite tiring for those participating in F3 to immediately jumping into another RP, but keep in mind that I also was a participant there, though I left early. Either way, the date is timed so that I will have the maximum time possible to dedicate to this game as long as it runs (which shouldn't exceed more than May, I think).

ASCEND

It'll hopefully be fine cause we'll all probably have different characters and from what I understand these games are pretty different.

Though honestly I have no idea what I'm doing so I'll probably me spamming SC with newbie questions, which oughta be a blast.

Sock

I'm actually really excited for this. I don't mind it being so soon after F3, even if both need a lot of thought to solve things. It's something fun to do and I'm gonna enjoy it!

Now to make it until Wednesday..

Gettin' Old!

Good luck on running this thing too SoCo. That's not an easy task.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Lookin' forward to watchin' from the sidelines. Have fun everyone!!
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Good luck on running this thing too SoCo. That's not an easy task.

Thanks, Pierre. I'm also kinda interested seeing how I can run this thing. At the very least, it's not quite the same behemoth as the DRF games, and is much easier to manage for me.

Planetbox wrote:
Though honestly I have no idea what I'm doing so I'll probably me spamming SC with newbie questions, which oughta be a blast.

Don't tell anybody, but this is secretly what I'm most excited for :p
Page 1 of 2 [ 49 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus