Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 4 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Room PhaseTopic%20Title

ASCEND

"Hey, has anyone checked under that table yet?" Sette asks, walking off to do so without waiting for a reply.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"Dust..." Ben muttered, reaching out and brushing some away with his fingers. "Been a while since it opened? How long were we in the pods?" He asked, turning to Trix in case there'd been any information on that on the computer. His outstretched hand was still brushing against the door, doodling meaningless shapes in the dust. "Map said it couldn't open, seems it's been shut quite a while though."

hi

"Yes, I'm very familiar with X. Like I stated before, I'm a detective. The case I'm currently working on is the Serial Killer X case."

K-9 turns to Trix. "I was just thinking that our kidnapper might be X himself, or have some relation to him. But like I said, I don't have enough evidence at the moment to fully prove it. Just a hunch."

"How perturbing. I suppose this means our captor definitely understands who you are, K-9. I would imagine they probably know a lot about everyone here."

"The fact that there's an unused door there is also disturbing, though not exactly uncommon. I can profess at the university that there are many such doors. It's hard to imagine a door in such a central location though becoming unused. Perhaps it is a closet, or a particularly impractical entrance to this room."

Gettin' Old!

Trix scratched his chin "Well the pods wouldn't give me data on who we were but they did tell me how long our mystery sleeper was in there for. I'll try a search for that." he said sitting down at the computer to see if he could access that information.

"Why would X be our kidnapper? Isn't this whole thing outside his MO?" he asked looking over at Quarter. "It'd help if you just showed us what you got from the safe ma'am. Especially if it's another part of the key." he said before returning his attention to the computer.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

hi

"It was only a thought I had. Besides, there's no real evidence other than the article. If anything else comes up, I'll think on it further."

A young Chinese man stepped shakily out of Pod 8.

"Wh-what is going on...?" He asked somewhat breathlessly, clearly unsettled by the entire situation. He rubbed his sore wrists, looking down at the bracelet on his arm.

"Eight," he said under his breath. "Bot." He looked around as the others introduced themselves. Code names, huh? he thought. All right.

"Call me...Abbot," he decided resolutely. "Forgive me for assuming a false name, but as this seems to be what we are all doing..."

'Abbot' slowly straightened his jeans and red leather jacket as he scanned the room. Hearing about the Cantonese articke on the computer he stepped forward. "May I...?" He asked politely and began scanning the article.

"Hmm," he murmured. "It is dated 21 years ago. It speaks of a foreign couple whose baby was stolen at a hospital. Their doctor was foreign as well - a Dr. Elaine Miller. It seems the baby was stolen from the hospital and never found. So sad," he finished translating.

"The story sounds familiar, I think I remember hearing about it as a child," Abbot said.

Gettin' Old!

Trix pulled a face, repulsed at the story "Stealing a baby...how awful. Seems a pretty despicable thing to do." he said before smiling at Abbot "Welcome to the group Abbot." his face fell to a bemused look "Sorry you're here." he said looking Abbot up and down "What is it that you do for a living?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I am sorry we are here too," he murmured. "We seem an odd collection of people."

"I am a student presently," he told Trix, "but I hope to be a journalist someday."

"P-pardon?" Unity stutters.

"I am quite bewildered by this, I must apologize. As you all might imagine, I am the doctor from this article. You can call me Elaine I suppose, or you can continue calling me by the codename. I do not have much to hide at this point considering our captor clearly knows my identity."

"As far as this incident goes, I do not believe I can recall any important details. I do not know if they ever found the kidnapper. I will exercise my brain for answers, however, in case there was something important."

Gettin' Old!

Trix looked back at the article realising he'd misread it "Oh sorry, guess you didn't steal a baby from the hospital. Still yeah definitely seems like they know plenty about us. Probably means we can rule out all of us getting kidnapped by sheer coincidence." he said spinning mindlessly in the computer chair.

"I'm not sure there's much else to do other than find out what Quarter grabbed from the safe." he said letting the chair gradually spin to a stop as he got dizzy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Despite being in some kind of pre-checking the underside of the table limbo, Sette still notices Abbot's arrival.

"...Geez, we got a serial killer and s- some kinda baby snatcher?" Sette mumbles, looking nervous. "M- Man, we really gotta find the other half of that key and get outta here. Unless Quarter has it, it's probably here in the room somewhere..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Abbot's eyes widened at Elaine's proclamation. "You are the doctor in the article? How strange! If we were indeed kidnapped by this 'X', what does the baby have to do with them? Unless... They were the baby?"

"Or perhaps they are the mother or father!" Abbot added.

Abbot's eyes widened again and his hands flew up to grab his hair. "Mother! Does anyone know what day it is?" He asked urgently. "I...I promised my mother I would write home every week but...I...I can't seem to recall when I did that last though."

Gettin' Old!

"Do you recall anything before you were kidnapped?" Trix asked lazily clearly tired of the computer.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I remember everything up until what must have been my last morning before waking up here," Abbot answered slowly, eyes moving as he thought. "I write to her every Friday, but...who knows when that last was," he said, slumping forward.

Shy guy

"X-dude's a Japanophile who goes around stabbing politicians." Ben said, facing the door again and concentrating on drawing a really elaborate stick figure shaking hands with another stick figure. "Kidnapping a bunch a' non-politician's ain't his MO."

He took the time to finish his masterpiece before continuing. "Guess if the article was here it's important somehow, though."

Taking a step back, Ben turned away without even giving his doodle another look. He took a few moments to think back to what he remembered. "Sorry Trix, ain't got nothing. Don't remember being kidnapped. Woulda thought I'd remember being mugged in an alley or something, but nope. All a blank. No scuffles, no tussles, nothing."

hi

K-9 stays silent for a while, seemingly growing increasingly frustrated with himself, until he finally speaks up. "I also don't remember being kidnapped. My latest memory is of working on the X case."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded "Well that seems to match up with me, I can't seem to remember my last moments as well. Based on the pattern I'd say it seems we all have....where did you get a pen?" He asked Ben, being suddenly caught off guard by his drawing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Pen?" Ben stared blankly at Trix for a few moments before answering, waving his hand and its dust-coated fingers around for display. "Anything's a pen when the world's your canvas." He then walked back to the door to demonstrate, wiping dust to leave a smiley face impression. "Don't let the man get you down. You don't need man-made tools to express yourself." He explained sagely, raising his now rather filthy hand to his face and blowing most of the dust he could off.

"Tch. I do not recall what my most recent memories are, really. I am certainly intended to be working at the university right now. That's quite an uncomfortable feeling for me. I would expect your mother to understand what has happened is out of your control, Abbot."

"All the same, if the kidnapping and X are related in some way, that definitely makes this whole thing seem like a conspiracy. Sette, do you recall anything about this kidnapping?"

"There's no way for her to know what has happened to me," Abbot explained morosely, sitting down on the ground. "Missing one letter, perhaps can be excused, but more than that..." He slammed his fists into his knees and a look of determination to over his features.

"I cannot allow this! We must escape."

ASCEND

"Well, for what it's worth, Abbot," Sette says, smiling reassuringly. "She'll probably start to worry if she doesn't hear from you, so we might get some kinda search party sent after us pretty soon... but getting out as soon as possible is definitely a must."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"All the same, if the kidnapping and X are related in some way, that definitely makes this whole thing seem like a conspiracy. Sette, do you recall anything about this kidnapping?"

"You mean the thing with the baby?" Sette mumbles, "No, I don't really know much about that... Mighta heard about it on the news, I suppose... but I don't really recall much about it that we don't already know..."

"Speaking of my last memories though, there's something I should probably mention." Sette briefly pauses and then continues, "I think I saw the one who kidnapped us... Didn't see their face though on account of a cloak and gas mask they were wearing, but it's something."

"That seems odd... I wonder if anyone else remembers that cloaked figure. That is interesting that they would send only one man to capture you. I was under the impression this was undertaken by a powerful organization."

hi

K-9 approaches Abbott, placing his hand on the young man's shoulder. "Calm down buddy. You'll see your mother again, I promise. We'll be out of here soon."

Quarter regained enough strength to stand on her own feet, using her cane for stability rather than leaning on it for support.

"It is as you've all surmised." she said, pulling out the other half of the key. "I recovered it before I was shocked."

She turned to Sette. "Now, if you don't mind, give me the other half of the key so we can get one step closer to getting out of this room, please." she said, as she extended a hand.

Planetbox wrote:
"Well, for what it's worth, Abbot," Sette says, smiling reassuringly. "She'll probably start to worry if she doesn't hear from you, so we might get some kinda search party sent after us pretty soon... but getting out as soon as possible is definitely a must."

"Yes, yes of course you're right!" Abbot smiled at Sette. "Thank you, that is reassuring. My mother will surely look into my disappearance. She may even come to America."

He looked up at K-9 as the other spoke to him. "Thank you too," he smiled. "We'll get through this."

ASCEND

MechaQdogg wrote:
She turned to Sette. "Now, if you don't mind, give me the other half of the key so we can get one step closer to getting out of this room, please." she said, as she extended a hand.

"Ah, so you do have it! Good!" Sette says, looking relieved.

He pulls out the other half of the key and hands it to Quarter. "Here."

"Thank you." Quarter replied evenly, clutching the other half of the key Sette had handed her. She abandoned her cane for the moment, and aligned the two halves, attempting to join them. "Hopefully this will mean some tangible progress."

Happy Maria

The two halves of the key definitely join together perfectly. Now the group has the exit key.

"Splendid! In that case, I think we've spent quite enough time in this stuffy room, don't you all?" Quarter said as she put the key into the keyhole on the door and turned it. "Unless you all have something else you'd like to explore in this room?" she added, testing the door to see if it would open.

Happy Maria

The key fits into the door perfectly, causing it to open. Having had enough of this room, the players decide to exit.

(The room phase is now over! Please wait until my next post to post.)

Happy Maria

On the other side of the door is a somewhat long corridor, with another door in the other side.

"Shall we get going?", Abbot suggests.

The group nods, and they all start walking towards the door. Trix almost trips in his excitement to reach the exit.

"You okay there, buddy?", K-9 asks.

"Yeah, nothing big", replies Trix.

"Hey, Ben, buddy! You comin' here or what?", Sette asks.

"I'm comin'. No need to worry 'bout me", replies Ben, who's moving at his own pace.

"You know, you really need to shave, Ben", Quarter says out of the blue.

Ben gives Quarter a strange look for far too long before replying, "'s none o' your business, lady."

Finally, the group reaches the door at the end of the corridor.

"So this is the door that will free us", Unity says excitedly.

Trix nods. "Alright, I'll open the door in 10."

"Is that really necessary?", Leeloo questions.

"Of course it is! It adds all the suspense! 10, 9, 8-"

"Just open it already!", Gemini snaps irritatedly, pushing the door open.

"Geez, no suspense here, I guess", remarks Trix, annoyed he got robbed of his cool moment.

The group enters the door, and on the other side…is a giant room. [Room Map here for visualisation.]

The first thing that catches the players' attention is the strange design in the centre of the floor. It appears to be a blue coloured 9, surrounded by what looks to be the shape of an explosion.

"What is this supposed to signify, exactly?", asks Quarter.

"Maybe it's a message to K-9", Sette suggests.

K-9 thinks it over. "Hmm…perhaps this is Serial Killer X taunting me. Telling me I'll end up exploding if I pursue him further or something like that."

"It still ain't fittin' with his MO, though", remarks Ben unhelpfully.

Other than the mural, though there appears to be a giant door on the other side of the door where the players came from. It's labelled "Exit".

"So this is our key to getting out of here!", Trix says excitedly, trying to figure out how to open the door. Unfortunately, no dice. There appears to be a display on the door, but it doesn't seem to be showing anything at the moment. There's also a strange device near the door where one can place their hand. The players all try it out, but none of their hands seem to have any effect.

"So what is the exit is blocked?", Quarter says. "These aren't the only doors in here."

True enough, there were three other doors in the room. One of the left, two on the right. The one on the left was labelled "Cleanliness", whereas the other two on the right were labelled "Unhealthy" and "Rest". They all were similar to the exit door. They had the same strange devices for pressing your hand against, as well as a display showing nothing. And just like the exit door, they couldn't be opened at all.

"Quite peculiar", Abbot murmurs. "Why are there so many unopenable doors in this facility?"

"H-hey, what's that written on the wall?", Gemini asks. The group looks to where she's pointing at, above the Cleanliness door. There is something written there, in large red paint, almost like graffiti- CELLO SEES WORM. It doesn't appear to particularly make sense.

"This is hardly fair." Leeloo frowns. "Our captor said we would be meeting him after we exited that pod room. But here we are, and he's nowhere to be seen."

"…Are you so sure about that?"

The group, shocked, look around to see where the voice is coming from. This time, it's definitely not from their left ear.

"A-ah! Over there!", Unity shouts, pointing toward the door where they just came from. The players look toward there. Right above their door…is their captor.

They all freeze. Their captor…is a monster. A strange, terrifying green slime sits inside a screen. It isn't even human, but still appears to be trying to be one. The round gold glasses and small red bow tie seem to be there to make it look civilised, but to the players it only makes it look more terrifying. The strange slime gives the players a frightening smile, showing all the pearly whites a creature like it shouldn't have. And all of a sudden…it starts talking.

"Hey, guys! Nice work over there!"

"You all did fantastic for such a group of idiots! I almost thought I'd have to wait a year for you guys to come out, but you've proven me wrong!"

"Except you, Quarty! What were you thinking, keeping that code to yourself? Don't you believe in teamwork or anything? Geez!"

"Buuuut I guess that isn't really the point, is it? So, I guess I should introduce myself. You guys can all call me The Bookworm. I'm sort of the facilitator of this little old facility you're all trapped in. Pleased to make your acquaintance!"

The players are still too shocked to properly respond to what's happening.

"What? Don't give me that look! I'm real friendly, alright? You can trust me! I'd never lie to you dumbos!"

"Wait…this gives me a perfect idea!"

"Alright, then! It's decided! If you guys are so confused, then lemme help you! If you have any questions about the game, quiz me up and I'll respond in the best way I can!"

"Well? What're you guys all waiting for? I won't bite!"

"Go on, AMA! Ask me anything!"

(This is the Q&A phase. Phase ends when all relevant questions have been properly answered.)

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Q&A PhaseTopic%20Title

Quarter recovered from her shock and attempted to hide that she ever felt it. Through gritted teeth, she seethed. "I was thinking that I don't need to explain myself to some wannabe Dungeons and Dragons monster. Funny how relevant that thought became."

Quickly glancing around the room, she saw the message above the Cleaning Room and, after a few moments, frowned. "I see you don't mean to kidnap us, but greet us rudely as well. Whatever position I'm in now, I think you'll quite find that if you seek to keep me here against my will, you'll be the LOSER in the end."

It was at this point she checked her anger enough to consider the Monster's offer. "Three questions. How may I address you? Why are we here? And finally, which of us do you like the least?"

Happy Maria

"Hey! Just because you solved an easy anagram like that doesn't mean you get to call me a monster, Quarty!"

"I mean, can't you tell? I'm an amazingly adorable annelid! Isn't that apparent?
Anyway, to answer your three questions…"

"One, you can address me by any title you want, as long as it isn't derogatory or compares me to that dumb dinosaur that Italian plumber always rides on, but I prefer being called The Bookworm. It's very dignified, you see."

"Secondly, you're all here to play a game. It's called…"

"The Nonary Game: The Quest for AB™!"

"Yes, it's trademarked. Please don't steal it."

"Finally…wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Oh, no no no no no no no! I'm not biased! I hate all of you equally! That means you all have an equal chance of dying here, alright?!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix traced a toe along the ground giving Quarter something of an uneasy look "Well...I mean he has a point ma'am. We were looking for the other half of the cipher but you held onto it so you could be the one to open the safe. It was definitely a move to give you an advantage over the rest of us." He said quietly before looking up at the bizarre creature on the screen.

The blood drained from his face a little as the worm-thing mentioned how they were going to die here. "I mean...I didn't doubt our killer had sinister motives but killing us? C'mon...surely extortion or ransom would work better right?" He mumbled uttering a nervous laugh.

Composing himself Trix took the opportunity to ask questions. "Alright then, well two questions from me. Who is in pod A and how do we get out of here?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Oh, don't worry about me killing you, Trixie! You don't have to fear about that as long as you go along nicely with the rules of the game."

"Anyway, your first question doesn't seem particularly relevant, but I think I can answer your second one!"

"Alright, so you see that exit door over there? That's your key to getting out of there! Obviously though, you can't leave there just yet. So how do you do it?"

"Alright, everyone. Please look at your bracelets. There are two buttons on both sides of it. Please press them both simultaneously and tell me what you see, alright?"

The Bookworm pauses, waiting for everyone to do the same.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Trix sighs, feeling his first question was relevant enough but conceded and pushed the buttons on the bracelet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

(Everyone please check your QTs)
Page 4 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus