Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 6 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Q&A PhaseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Trix started, not willing to let the worm go yet. "Hey wait, what do you mean we only get to take one person with 9 with us? Couldn't anyone leave if they get 9 or are you saying only 2 people get to leave?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Trix started, not willing to let the worm go yet. "Hey wait, what do you mean we only get to take one person with 9 with us? Couldn't anyone leave if they get 9 or are you saying only 2 people get to leave?"

"You paying attention anymore, Trixie-pie? I said the exit door can only be opened once per round. Up to two people can leave per round, essentially. That clear, sweetheart?"

Unity watches on in confusion, frozen by the absurdity of the situation.

"Our memories, huh? I guess those sleeping pods could probably remove our memories. That would mean that we spent a great deal of time in them, however."

"Hmm... This game seems eerily malignant. I suppose you did say your intention is for us to suffer. I do not know if I can believe that though."

She taps her chin calmly.

Gettin' Old!

Trix sighed, exasperated with the whole situation. "Why would this Zero or whoever even put themselves at risk this way in the first place? Why join the game?" He said.

In truth Trix felt he was out of questions but the thought of playing the twisted game made him balk so he intended to procrastinate as long as possible.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

"Y- Yeah," Sette adds, "I mean, if only one of us has even done anything bad, then why drag all these people and sub-zeroes into it? It all just seems kinda ridiculous!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Trix sighed, exasperated with the whole situation. "Why would this Zero or whoever even put themselves at risk this way in the first place? Why join the game?" He said.

"You don't? Maybe their motives might be a tad too complex for you, Trixie-angel. Just calm down now, alright?"

Planetbox wrote:
"Y- Yeah," Sette adds, "I mean, if only one of us has even done anything bad, then why drag all these people and sub-zeroes into it? It all just seems kinda ridiculous!"

"You all have to face the truth sooner or later, so why not sooner! Right, Mr. Reus?"

(Anybody mind if phase change occurs now?)

Gettin' Old!

Desperate to stall the game Trix cries out "How.many rounds do we get? It's important for uh....strategy!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Desperate to stall the game Trix cries out "How.many rounds do we get? It's important for uh....strategy!"

"Sure, why not? Might actually make people more eager to betray or whatever. You only get three rounds besides this one to make your escape. So, better make it gooood! Each round starts and ends with the AB Game, by the way, so yeah. This round isn't that special since you won't be able to escape with just this anyhow."

"So there. Your "strategy" ready now or what? I'm getting impatient over here."

ASCEND

Following Trix's lead, Sette asks, "Uhh... Sorry, I wasn't really listening. Can you go over all of the rules again?"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"I am ready," Abbot said suddenly. "I'm sure we've all made up our minds on how we're going to vote. More time won't change minds."

Happy Maria

Planetbox wrote:
Following Trix's lead, Sette asks, "Uhh... Sorry, I wasn't really listening. Can you go over all of the rules again?"

"The rules are: The first person to kill Setty boy over there automatically earns 6 SCs and gets to escape. Anyone wanna play?"

SiRReN wrote:
"I am ready," Abbot said suddenly. "I'm sure we've all made up our minds on how we're going to vote. More time won't change minds."

"Great! Atta boy, Abbot! Nice boy. Yeah, you guys don't need no more discussion. Let's get started!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix mentally fistbumps Sette "C'mon that's not fair! There's no way for us all to escape with you only allowing two people to escape at a time! What happens if someone without the SC oes through the door?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"How many rounds of voting does that make?" Ben asked. "One before, one after, doesat mean we get back-to-back voting phases? When front of round 2 follows back of round 1, or something."

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
Trix mentally fistbumps Sette "C'mon that's not fair! There's no way for us all to escape with you only allowing two people to escape at a time! What happens if someone without the SC oes through the door?"

"Adding onto that, what happens if a guy with 9 SC beats everybody else up and drags their unconscious bodies through the door? I mean, they technically didn't go out of their own volition!"

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:

"Who said anything about letting everybody escape, again?"

"Don't worry, though. If someone goes through a door that they aren't allowed to go through, they'll be penalised. And die. Oh well!"

Planetbox wrote:
"Adding onto that, what happens if a guy with 9 SC beats everybody else up and drags their unconscious bodies through the door? I mean, they technically didn't go out of their own volition!"

"Rules are rules. The other players will still die, their own volition or not. Though it'd be hard overpowering 8 other people so easily, don't you think?

KamiPanda wrote:
"How many rounds of voting does that make?" Ben asked. "One before, one after, doesat mean we get back-to-back voting phases? When front of round 2 follows back of round 1, or something."

"Oh! My bad! Essentially it goes like this: First is the AB Game, then you go through the doors. Then you have the AB Game again. Consequent AB games shall be both the end of an old round and the start of a new one."

"That make sense?"

Sock

"So.. With 3 AB games, we'll have enough to escape! We all just need to ally, and we'll be out of here in no time!" Gemini smiles, hope in her eyes. "Then we can get out of this horrid place a d leave that.. thing behind." She quickly glares at The Bookworm after her last comment.

Shy guy

"How many rounds of voting total?" Ben insisted. "Getting worried, see. If it's only three rounds, then one betrayal means the losers never get ta 9 SCs, even if they get 3 every other round from picking Betray 'emselves."

Happy Maria

Kachu wrote:
"So.. With 3 AB games, we'll have enough to escape! We all just need to ally, and we'll be out of here in no time!" Gemini smiles, hope in her eyes. "Then we can get out of this horrid place a d leave that.. thing behind." She quickly glares at The Bookworm after her last comment.

"THING?! Why, you…hairbrain! Numbskull! Where'd you get off calling me a thing, huh?! Who'd even want to ally with someone like you?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"How many rounds of voting total?" Ben insisted. "Getting worried, see. If it's only three rounds, then one betrayal means the losers never get ta 9 SCs, even if they get 3 every other round from picking Betray 'emselves."

"It's technically four rounds…but the last round is more of a formality since you won't be able to escape afterwards. So yeah, better get worried, Big Ben! A bum like you's got no place in this world anyhow though, so it's all for the best."

Sock

Gemini begins to shout at the screen. "Yes! Thing! Would you rather be called an abomination?"

She breathes heavily a bit and calms down. "God.. I'm shooting at a slug on a screen. What has my life come to.."

Happy Maria

Kachu wrote:
Gemini begins to shout at the screen. "Yes! Thing! Would you rather be called an abomination?"

She breathes heavily a bit and calms down. "God.. I'm shooting at a slug on a screen. What has my life come to.."

"I'd rather be called something dignified, you…you woman! And I'm a slug on the screen who can kill you at any time, alright?! Watch your words, or you're gonna get punked more than you were at senior prom!"

"I suppose that in the interest of being transparent and building group cohesion, we should describe our honest feelings about this game. Perhaps it will help us all feel more at ease."

Unity smiles meekly.

"Our memories have been erased selectively, and I see no reason to debate that reality. That being true, I suppose it is possible that the orchestrator is me. I do not understand in what way I would have the time or resources to work on something like this, nor how I might successfully capture people, nor can I conceive a reason that I would have to build such a strange game. That being said, I also do not remember everything from my life, so the answers to those questions may have been deducted from my conscious."

"That being said, who I am now is someone with nothing to hide. I intend to ally. If I am ever caught betraying, I give you the authority to kill me where I stand, as that would mean my memories have altered my personality somehow, which means I am more-than-likely evil. Again, I do not have any reason whatsoever that my missing memories contain something like that, which is why I feel comfortable telling you all to kill me on the spot."

She adjusts the collar of her lab coat uncomfortably.

Upon hearing the dark news that there are only three rounds Unity shudders.

"I guess that complicates things, yet presumably keeping everyone away from a zero skedaddling currency balance is of the greatest importance, exit rules aside. After a group of two escapes there will at least be a small amount of hope that they will be able to rescue the remainder of us, which is something we have to hold onto."

"My apologies boring everyone with this speech, I just think it is important for me to say as soon as possible."

Happy Maria

The Bookworm interjects after Unity's speech.

"Well, I have a question for you, Uni!"

"Could you BE more dull?! Seriously, you're putting the 'Uni' in 'Uninteresting' with that long, long speech of yours! All I heard was-"

"Wow, my life is so dull I might've forgotten that I made this game! Better sacrifice myself to make me look cool! Hey, aren't I just greaaat?"

"Oh, and don't think you can trace where this place is when you escape. We've put…precautions to make sure you won't find it."

ASCEND

"Hey, couldn't we check people's bracelets to see their SC?" Sette asks, "That way, people who allied could at least prove they did, right?"

Happy Maria

Planetbox wrote:
"Hey, couldn't we check people's bracelets to see their SC?" Sette asks, "That way, people who allied could at least prove they did, right?"

"Nah, they would have to show it themselves. You can't tamper with other people's bracelets like that, after all!"

"Hmm... I feel like perhaps you are interpreting my words wrong, which is understandable, given the current shortcomings of artificial intelligence."

"I have set up a gamble, one that believes entirely in my own innocence. If I do die, it will mean I have failed myself and everybody else here, which would not be 'cool' at all, and I hope that such a thing does not happen."

"Anyway, this final round of allying and betraying is highly suspicious. It seems you are purposefully leaving out some other mechanics of the game."

Happy Maria

"The only darn shortcoming I see here is your logic! You really just want yourself to die, which is understandable considering a waste of space and a failure as a doctor, but disguising it as altruism is just too much! Just admit you suck and be done with it!"

"And I'm not hiding anything! The last round is just a formality! You cretins just get one last chance to kill each other! It's not like I'm allowed to lie, either!"

"I do not think I am being altruistic, I am simply giving a logical argument for why people should ally with me. I think I've done a lot to help myself in the long run. Though, of course, I do want all to be safe. Again your flustered behavior suggests that I am successful in my approach."

"At any rate, I'm ready to play this game."

Happy Maria

"Alright, that's enough! I'm sick of this crud! Clearly, allowing you freedom to ask me anything was a tremendously terrible idea. Now let's just start the AB Game already!"

"Wait!", Trix shouts. "I have questions!"

"U-uh, yeah!", Sette agrees. "Me too! It's for, uh, my own strategy-"

"Could everyone please assemble in the pod room immediately? Not doing so will result in you being penalised."

The players look at each other nervously. It's apparent they can't stall any longer. So they all return back to the pod room. For whatever reason, the pods all seem to be opened again.

"Huh? We supp'sed to go back 'n 'em or summin'?", Ben asks. "Ain't no way I'm doin' that, Jim."

"Yeah! We aren't going back to sleep so soon!", Gemini says.

"Stop calling me that!", the voice of the Bookworm clearly emanates from Ben's left ear. "Anyway, it's not like you're going to be there forever or something. This pod is your voting pod now! It's the place where you input your vote; to ally or betray!"

"So how do we vote, exactly?", Abbot inquires.

"Simple! Just enter the pods, and they'll automatically close. Then a small hologram will come up, with two options on it- Ally and Betray! Choose your vote, and then it'll disappear. After that, you all have to wait till everyone else inputs their votes, and the pods will open. Then you can see your new SCs or whatever. Got it?"

"Wait." K-9 suddenly interjects. "Who will we be playing against?"

"…Shoot, I knew I was forgetting something. Actually, never mind! I can fix this easily. There's nine of you, right? So I'll just randomly divide you into groups of three, and…there!"

"So who are our respective opponents?", asks Leeloo.

"Why the heck does that matter now? You already have a vote in mind, right? It doesn't matter who you're going up against then!"

"That's severely flawed logic", Quarter remarks.

"Well, it's not like I would betray, anyhow", Unity says.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I've heard this a million times before. Now get into the pods already, or I'll be forced to penalise you. No absconding now!"

The players all get into their pods, which soon close, obscuring them once more. What will the results be? Only time will tell…

(This is the voting phase. Please input your vote to Ally or Betray privately in your QT. Phase change occurs in 12 hours.)
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

(Obviously, nobody is allowed to post here till the phase ends.)

Happy Maria

After some time, the pods open again. The players all tumble out one by one, Ben being the last one out as per usual.

"Alright! The votes have all been inputted! Please check your bracelets for your current SCs."

The players press both buttons to see their SCs. Immediately, shock is apparent on all their faces. Apparently, not everything went to plan.

"I suppose I should give out the groups now, right? Well, the three groups are: Unity, Quarter and Ben; Trix, Leeloo and Sette; & Gemini, Abbot and K-9! Hopefully this'll help you figure things out. Show your SCs if you like or whatever, but also discuss what doors you guys will go into and all that. That's what's most important here, after all! See ya later!" And the Bookworm stops speaking, allowing the players to speak once more.

Happy Maria

(Current SCs have been given in their respective QTs. Please check to verify how much you have.)
Re: Nonary Game 6- Gemini's pissedTopic%20Title

Sock

"What the fuck!?" Gemini shouts, glaring at Abbot and K-9. "Explain yourselves! Now, dammit! Who did this!?" Her face is pale, and her hands are clenched tightly into fists. It's pretty clear that she's rather upset.

Last edited by Kachu on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: NG6 Super Happy Fun Ally TimeTopic%20Title

Quarter looked at her watch and frowned. "Will our AB groups be known to us beforehand? Or will we be voting blindly every time? Not knowing who we are voting against makes this very... restrictive..."

Kachu wrote:
"What the fuck!?" Gemini shouts, glaring at Abbot and K-9. "Explain yourselves! Now, dammit! Who did this!?" Her face is pale, and her hands are clenched tightly into fists. It's pretty clear that she's rather upset.

"I assume you picked Ally whereas your detractor picked Betray?" asked Quarter. "If so, it might only have been one of them, not both. Please keep that in mind before you do something rash."

Sock

Gemini grinds her teeth at Quarter's comment. "You're right.. Then I can focus my anger on one of those assholes!"
NG6- The Lexpy is enjoying this way too muchTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

"Ahhhh hahahahaha!"

The Bookworm seems to be enjoying this.

"Why, yes, Quart! This round was just an exception since you forgot to ask who you were playing against. Next round, though, you'll know who you're goin' up against! Hee hee hee! Of course, who they'll be is on a need to know basis so I don't have to tell you that!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix put a gentle hand on Geminis shoulder and shook his head solemnly before showing her his own "1 SC" on his Bracelet.

"It won't help us to get mad at each other now, besides I can't blame them. The way this was set up there was no consequences to betraying because that moron wouldn't explain all the rules." He said sadly. "Besides with what we do know of the rules, it's impossible for more than two people to escape I think. Either some people betray enough to leave after 2 rounds in which case they'll have done so much damage I doubt other people will be able to recover in time or it'll go the long haul and still only 2 people get to escape."

He looked over at the cleanliness door "Though....assuming we all started with 3SC then the doors we can go through will reveal who betrayed and who allied. If you betrayed someone then you should have 6. An even number so how about this proposal?"

"Anyone with more than 3 SC tries to go through the even numbers door, whoever can go through then betrayed someone as they would be on 6 SC. if your bracelet doesn't work there or whatever then you allied and are probably on 5 and can go through the other door."

Trix shrugged "I mean...this allows us to figure out where everyone is at. Presumably the doors won't work for the wrong bracelet so we'll be able to build a picture of who voted what but..." Trix shook his head "What do you say?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

The Bookworm speaks up once more.

"I wouldn't allow people with the wrong requirements to pass through the door! And don't think I'll let you use the doors for your little test. Once you open the door, everyone who's supposed to go through the door should go through. And all the doors should also be opened similataneously, by the way, with all players going into one. So if anyone stays back, they'll be penalised!"

"Oh, and also, I know all of your current SCs now, so I'm changing one of the requirements. The Rest Door's requirement now requires you to have an odd number of SCs to enter, not even! I figured this would make it more…balanced. Hee hee hee hee hee!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix sighed "You really don't seem to have a handle on this game, making up rules on the fly. Well in any case that might change things a bit since our bookworm seems determined to protect the betrayed." He beeps his bracelet once more as an example "So how about this? We all agree to show our numbers publicly, this will make it easier to plan for the voting phase. Anyone who doesn't agree we'll just assume they have something to hide and thus betrayed everybody." He said with a shrug
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Trix sighed "You really don't seem to have a handle on this game, making up rules on the fly. Well in any case that might change things a bit since our bookworm seems determined to protect the betrayed." He beeps his bracelet once more as an example "So how about this? We all agree to show our numbers publicly, this will make it easier to plan for the voting phase. Anyone who doesn't agree we'll just assume they have something to hide and thus betrayed everybody." He said with a shrug

"I'm not making up rules on the fly!", the Bookworm protested. "Not my fault you forgot to ask about it till now! I was gonna tell you this when you were going to your rooms anyway, so it's all good, right?"

Gettin' Old!

Trix face once again contorted into some parody of exasperation "You literally changed the door access in response to my plan but whatever. So long as the new plan works the outcome will be the same, plus we'll be able to explore more doors."

He checked his bracelet again "Though for the record, what happens if folks are still alive at the end of the rounds."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 6 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus