Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 released for Android and iOS!!Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

DGS2 is now available on the Google Play! And it doesn't look like Capcom has announced this yet or anything, so this scoop is a Court-Records exclusive.

Google Play isn't region-locked (although you'll have to make a secondary profile), and if that wasn't awesome enough already, it only costs 1980 yen. You'll still need to know Japanese to enjoy it, but if you haven't picked up DGS2 yet because you don't have a Japanese 3DS or it was just too expensive to get ahold of (or you just want to support the franchise financially), this is the perfect chance!

No word of an iOS release, but we're keeping our eyes peeled; given that this doesn't seem to have been officially announced yet and they often release ports for both, an iOS version becoming available soon is probably a safe bet.

And last not but not least, please give a very special thank-you to uwabami for discovering this.

Spoiler: screenshots (case 1)

UPDATE: iOS version released as well!
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 released for Android!!Topic%20Title

Has Capcom ever actually properly advertised a mobile release beforehand? Seems like no one has any idea these ports are coming until they are already out.

Anyway, this is pretty great news, considering how someone on reddit teased working on a DGS android translation a while back. It will eventually be pretty easy to buy this games legitimately before playing their translations.

Also, I think the answer is very likely yes but does this include the cases/costumes DLC? I assume they're unlocked for free if they are since the Play Store page doesn't seem to have the thing indicating it has IAPs.
Signature loading, please wait...

Sweet. I still haven't played DGS 2 yet. Hm, to buy this version, or the 3DS like the rest of my AA games...

Blah!

Cesar Zero wrote:
Has Capcom ever actually properly advertised a mobile release beforehand? Seems like no one has any idea these ports are coming until they are already out.

Unless it has significantly changed since I last heard about this, the mobile game market and audience is so fast moving that marketing is most effective if the game is out when you start to advertise it. Otherwise, people will forget about it as another game comes out and gets their attention instead.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Man, I really gotta get around to setting up a Japanese Google Play profile. :yogi:

So that's the whole series (minus PLvsPW) on mobile now.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

Cesar Zero wrote:
Also, I think the answer is very likely yes but does this include the cases/costumes DLC? I assume they're unlocked for free if they are since the Play Store page doesn't seem to have the thing indicating it has IAPs.

Costumes are included (thanks again uwa)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

That one super-uncooperative witness

Isn't Google Play region-locked now? I know at least there are some games on the JP store that I can't see anymore, even though the Japanese profile method used to work in the past. Even VPN doesn't work anymore either, so I had to resort to QooApp. But you can't do that for paid apps...

Scarlet Study Member

Aster Selene wrote:
Isn't Google Play region-locked now? I know at least there are some games on the JP store that I can't see anymore, even though the Japanese profile method used to work in the past. Even VPN doesn't work anymore either, so I had to resort to QooApp. But you can't do that for paid apps...

You can make a second profile using any Japanese address and you only need a VPN once to set it up. Costumes that were DLC on 3DS are now included in the Android version.

I just learned that the iTunes version is also out: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/大逆転裁判2-成歩堂龍ノ介の覺悟/id1341548613
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 released for Android and iOS!!Topic%20Title

A New Chapter of Trials!

Nice! I guess Capcom has run out of AA games to port to mobile now though, unless they can convince Level 5 to give PLvsAA the same treatment.
Eureka!

Happy Maria

Hmm, I think it's possible. What with LMJ on mobile recently, I could see PLvsAA coming there as well.

Scarlet Study Member

Apollon wrote:
Nice! I guess Capcom has run out of AA games to port to mobile now though, unless they can convince Level 5 to give PLvsAA the same treatment.

Southern Corn wrote:
Hmm, I think it's possible. What with LMJ on mobile recently, I could see PLvsAA coming there as well.

They should make decent ports of the original trilogy on mobile. The one on iOS is bad, but the one on Android (Japan exclusive) is a complete train wreck.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Apollon wrote:

Switch is (allegedly?) getting some new game that might be AA related and compilations according to some translated article last year. That's an HD device so hopefully there could be an upressed, redrawn or maybe even a 3D makeover of the trilogy or something. That would happily replace those bad iOS and Android HD ports.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Cesar Zero wrote:

Apollo Justice was announced way before it got released, like 2 months early, but it wasn't a straight port, was more like a remaster with HD clean Sprites

Athena Internet Defense Force

Why do I not remember the original game coming out on mobile?
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes