Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 12 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

ASCEND

"A Nazi base, huh?" Sette mumbles, "Would explain why this place is so hard to track down, I guess..."

Pierre wrote:
Trix nodded breathing deeply to try and remain calm. "Ben also said that you were the one who retained their full memory. Think we talked a bit about how you might have had something to do with the kidnapping."

Trix adjusted his cap on his head "Guess Zero considers your sins the worst if that's true? Could you please tell me about your past?"

Sette gives Ben a weird look and then continues, "I dunno, should we really be talkin' about that right now? I feel like settling on how we're gonna divide up these rooms might be more productive."

"Besides, I hardly see how stealing one baby is worse than killin' a bunch of politicians. If anything, that Serial Killer X guy is who we should be worried about... assuming they didn't just run off."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

"S...So you stole the baby from that article?!" Trix said with a mix of horror and shock. He looked to K-9 in disbelief "I thought....I thought you said he only committed petty crimes." Trix said wrestling with this revelation.

"I mean...why would you even do something like that?! Where did the baby go?!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

"H- Hey! I never said I stole the baby!" Sette shouts, "I'm just saying that if I did, I don't see why I would have been singled out by Zero for it instead of this other guy!"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"Yeah, sorry Sette-dude." Ben said apologetically. "Had to tell 'em about you still havin' memories, an' starting with 4 SCs. Explain why you was the best choice for the Exit Locker, not that it mattered in the end." He paused, as was typical, and then filled Sette in on everything else not yet covered, including the minor bits. He remembered it all remarkably well, all things considered.

"Oh, an' as fer the baby-nappin' thing, all we know fer sure is that a man with an Italian name visited the hospital on the day of it. Wondered if you had some connection as a result." He added.

Gettin' Old!

Trix gritted his teeth "You think that cute bullshit will fly with me?" He said his voice changing immediately to one of constrained rage. "IF you did steal the baby? It's a fucking grave sin...you have no idea." Trix spat beginning to advance on Sette.
"No wonder Zero left you with your memories you fucking maggot and here was me trusting you to be a good guy last round after you'd allied."

Suddenly Trix burst into a run and grabbed Sette by his collar and used his momentum to slam Sette into the wall. "WHERE'S MY FUCKING BABY ASSHOLE!?" He roared, voice echoing off the large walls of the empty chamber. Tears and madness in his eyes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

"W- Wait, j- just hold on," Sette tries to calmly reply before getting slammed into the wall.

Hearing Trix's shout, Sette's eyes widen in panic and fear. "L- Look, I'm sorry, but I can't tell you! It might p- put her in danger, and I'm not gonna risk that!"

Gettin' Old!

"YOU'RE IN FUCKING DANGER NOW IF YOU DON'T TALK! YOU RUINED MY LIFE AND STOLE OUR CHILD! NOW JUST TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE!" Trix pulled Sette back an inch before slamming him hard into the pod again. "Or God help me I'll smash your skull through pod A!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

"AAUGH!" Sette shouts, "F- FINE! You wanna talk to her, go on ahead! She's right here - in this room!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix's grip wavered and he gave a nervous glance at Pod A.

"What...what do you mean...?" He said his voice wavering with emotion as he returned his attention to Sette.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

"N- No, I don't know who that girl is," Sette replies, gasping for breath. "B- But I ain't giving her away, not in front of everyone. She wants to tell you, she can. I've already blown her cover enough as is."

Gettin' Old!

"J-just....just tell me please." Trix pleaded, tears beginning to flow freely down his face "It's not...Leelou is it? My daughter's not Zero is it?"

Trix's grip on Settes collar weakened as Trix fell slowly to his knees "Look I just...I've not had a chance to be the father. She's had a different life without us but...I still want to know what happened, even if I can't be a father. You just got to tell me...why did you take my daughter...why is she here?" He sobbed weakly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Sette leans down towards Trix and whispers something quickly. Alas, on account of time zones, it would probably be a few hours before it actually reached his ears.

Then he stands back up and, slightly more loudly, says, "As for your other questions... sorry, but I can't answer either of them. I saw her shortly before I got knocked out, so I assume she was brought here by the same one who got me and Ben. As for that first question... it's been 21 years, and I still don't have an answer... At least not one that'll satisfy either of us."

Sette sighs and continues, "It was nothing personal, really. I'd never even met you before today. I came in for a cold, and then... I don't know what came over me." Sette's face twists in anguish. "I know it probably don't mean a thing, but I'm sorry it had to be you. Raising her was the best experience of my life... but you were deprived of that. And there's nothing I can do to make up for it."

Last edited by Planetbox on Thu May 03, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Trix heaved himself to his feet "No there isn't...though I wonder how long you'll be able to leave us in the dark." He began to move away from Sette back over toward Gemini "Sooner or later there will probably just be some tell-all note revealing what you did. When that time comes you won't be able to control that information or know who gets it. You had a chance to explain it all but...my daughter...you stole my chance at fatherhood...." He looks at Gemini tearfully realising he'd probably be going through the door with her as they were both under 5 before collapsing into the computer chair and weeping.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sock

Gemini's face goes through all sorts of emotions over Sette and Trix's chat. Mostly anger and sadness. Then she rushes over to Trix's side, hugging him.

"It'll be alright.. I-I'm sure everything will be alright.."

After a while of remaining silent, only crying a little. (It was probably a lot) she speaks up once more.

"E-Enough about babies.. We don't have forever to decide who's going where. I have 3 SCs, but I don't really have a preference as to where I go.."

ASCEND

(Oh oops I meant to write that I whispered to Trix up there but I apparently missed every key and wrote Ben instead god what an embarrassingly silly goof I'm very sorry everyone okay that's all you may continue)

Unity wipes her eyes. The intense emotion in the room continuously overwhelms her senses. She does not know how exactly to respond to Trix and Sette.

"...My dearest condolences, Trix. I hope you are able to find some happiness in possibly reuniting with your daughter... Well I guess we should separate you and Sette. I... I do not know if I aspire to go with Sette either after learning of this. How about the following formation:"

Ice: Ben, Sette

Undergrowth: Unity, K-9

Diversion: Gemini, Trix, Leeloo

"L-let me know if that works for you guys. Alternatively, I could go with Ben, switching places with Sette. Either is admissable."

Vote: Unity's Plan

Happy Maria

(CR is finally back on! Sorry for the wait. You all can continue now.)

No other way than to make this mistake.

Leeloo backed up from the two, apparently deciding not to do anything. She tugs at the ending of her sleeves in frustration, an expression of uncertainty crossing her face. Once the argument is over, she raises her still-pained face and turns to Unity.

She weakly nods. "I-- I agree. We can do that."

Gettin' Old!

Trix tenderly places a hand on Gemini's arm as she hugged him before looking up at Sette and Unity "No...it's fine....well it's not fine... but I'm not about to kill him." He looked at Sette "Sounds like...you took care of her. Raised her as well as you could. When she was taken I-I was worried she'd been sold into some awful Triad human trafficking ring or used for some other horrible purpose. The stress on me tore my marriage apart, it was too much to handle. All I wanted was to have my baby girl back."

He held his hands out in front of him as if trying to hold something "I never...I never even got a chance to hold her after she was born." He choked out "B-but... I don't know how much she would count as my daughter now, but at least you took care of her. I'm grateful for that." Crossing his arms on the desk he muttered.

"UNITY'S PLAN IS FINE"

Before laying his head down on his arms to rest.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Thu May 03, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sock

Gemini nods slowly. "I see little reason to object..."

Shy guy

"Yeah, uh, fine by me." Ben said uneasily, glancing between Trix and Sette.

hi

K-9 shakes his head. "It's a good plan, but we can't have two known criminals together. Here's my plan:"

Ice: K-9, Sette

Undergrowth: Ben, Unity

Diversion: Trix, Gemini, Leeloo

Vote: K-9's plan

"I suppose I agree, and you would know them best. I would infer that nobody is going to have objections with your plan."

Unvote: Unity's Plan

Vote: K-9's Plan

Shy guy

Ben looked unhappy at the prospect. "You know best boss-man, but... come on, throw me a bone here. I'll vote for your plan if you swap the rooms around - put me in Ice, or put me with Sette. Your choice."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded, his voice hollow "That's fine too."

Vote K-9s plan
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Sette awkwardly adds, "Eh, if Ben wants to go to that Ice room, I think we should let him."

Happy Maria

[Since discussion has finished, room phase shall occur in 3 hours and 20 minutes. Please notify me if you have an objection with this time.]
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Room PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

"Heyo! It looks like you all have decided where you wanna go! That's great, then! Let the doors…open!"

On cue, the players stand in front of their respective doors, press their hands on the device, and open the doors.

"Well, happy exploring! See you guys later!"

More than ready to get out of the Bookworm's sight, the players all go into their doors, which immediately shuts behind them. What could possibly lie on the other side?

[As said earlier, phase change occurs in 4 days from now, or 96 hours.]

[Post-Game Edit- The rooms:

4. Greenhouse: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/pNty7XQ3d54
5. Pantry + Freezer: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/9B436FCTqsQ
6. Officer's Lounge: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/ZvyGdkMS8W8 ]

Last edited by Southern Corn on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Discussion PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Somewhere deep into the facility, three doors open. The players walk out of these doors. Taking a good look at each other, they can tell that all of them are indeed there- sans Abbot and Quarter, obviously. They all seem to be in relatively good shape, at the very least.

The players now decide to look through the room. [Map here for visualisation.] It seems to contain 3 doors- one to their left; one to their right; and one in front of them. The ones of the left and right seem to be the usual doors that they've been going through, with a display and a device near them. They are labelled 'Me' and 'Them', respectively. The one in the middle has a label- 'Staff Only'. It doesn't have any sort of display though, and cannot be opened. Above it is another strange phrase- ESPERS? HALF 'EM OVER! Quite peculiar.

That seems to be the entirety of the room. The players, now reunited, are free to speak to each other. For whatever reason, The Bookworm doesn't seem to be chiming in, meaning they can discuss their rooms as well as the plan for the AB Game and their own pace.

[Please feel free to catch up on room investigations and all. Phase change to the AB Game will occur in 72 hours from now.]

"Ah, it is reassuring to see that everybody is safe..."

Unity beams quietly as the group begins to discuss their thoughts.

"In our room, we found something which jogged K-9's memory. It seemed to be an article about the Killer X thing. Apparently the some evidence on the killer had been found. First, he was seen wearing the uniform of a Chinese soldier. The second is that he left behind a Chinese coin. Naturally, it seems that Abbot was indeed the murderer, and he killed my friend..."

"...I guess there's not much else to say. We were in a garden, and we spent much time searching there for items."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded at Unity "Well yeah...we found an article talking about more murder victims of Serial Killer X but we also got a listening device which we used on Sette and Ben's room."

He looked over at them "Heard you guys found something that suggested Killer X was actually here with us? I'd like to know more about that."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"You should tell K-9 details about the article, so that he may be able to remember details which are pertinent to us and our situation. Or if you have the article in tow, have him read it."

Shy guy

"You was spyin' on us? How rude!" Ben exclaimed indignantly. " 'sa good thing that I made up some nonsense just in case people were."

Gettin' Old!

Trix narrowed his eyes at Ben "Well Sette can confirm whether that's true or not." He said not in the mood for Ben's games. "It's a pretty important fact to say." He crossed his arms over.

"Another one of the victims names was Doug Murrell, he was my father in law, was the gist of the newspaper article." He added to Unity. "You seem in a pretty bright mood Unity," he remarked "Found any information?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Ahh no. I am just trying to be optimistic. Taking this moment in, where we all came back in one piece. It is a respite from the cold reality of our situation..."

"Also this is the second distinct connection between the kidnapping and the serial killer case. Trix is connected to both, and K-9 is familiar with Sette, the kidnapper, and is investigating the crimes of the X man."

"Ben, what potential need do you have to be duplicitous or unclear about the information you may have on Serial Killer X? Who could it be, aside from Abbot? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean in saying you made something up?"

Shy guy

"I made up some nonsense 'bout Mr X while in the Ice room, 'case someone was listenin'. Would serve 'em right, I reckoned." Ben explained idly, shrugging.

"Though what you said 'bout the Chinese soldier... actually made me remember somethin' too." He then commented, looking off to the distance as he recalled a past experience. He seemed a little disturbed by it, an unusual show of real emotion. "See... after gettin' in a fight some time, I heard a scream from some alleyway. Went in an' there he was, this man in a soldier outfit with a bloody sword, two dead men by 'im. Couldn't do nothing 'bout it, next thing I know I'm gettin' knocked out by 'im. Woke up next to the corpses, so of course boss-man got pretty suspicious of me when he found me. Was on the Mr X case at that point, 'seems. Let me go eventually - I ain't never been to China, unlike Mr X apparently has."

Gettin' Old!

Trix rolled his eyes "Seems more hassle that it's worth to make up something especially if you were just going to confess anyway but sure it's possible. Sette said he was going to listen in on us so he could have secretly told you, you were being listened on." Trix scratched his chin.

"Though for the record, how is your SC? I heard the worm put you into some SC draining room or something? We too had a ridiculous wheel of fortune thing which was set up to tempt us into losing SC."

Trix looked over at Unitys team "I don't suppose you guys got a listening device as well? Seems odd to be left out when we both found one."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Be as that may be, I've now got a better scope on how much you listened in on us." Ben replied. " 'sgood to know how much of what I said might've been private an' how much now isn't."

"Me SC's still 3, as Sette's should be too. We was refunded any SCs we spent on the door." He then added after a habitual pause.

ASCEND

"Yeah, we didn't find anything about Serial Killer X in there. So I assume you guys were right, and he was Abbot the whole time."

"Oh, we did find some kinda weird advertisment..." Sette adds, "It was for a chat service called 'Discard.' It had contact information for a 'Charlie McCarthy' and another man with a, well... familiar last name. Trix, do you know anything about that?"

Unity nods at Trix.

"I found it, and I used it on your room, Trix. I can confirm not much of interest seemed to be happening, and there was cards and gambling stuff. I also heard from you that Ben and Sette were in an ice locker."
Page 12 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus