Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 14 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Discussion PhaseTopic%20Title

"Lukas Reinhardt, I believe was the name of the supposed person we learned about in the sleeping quarters. He murdered a spy going by Richard Wagner. He also took Ice-9 with him when he escaped. At the very least this is the narrative the worm wants us to believe. Perhaps that will jog your memory."

Shy guy

"Lukas Reinhardt, that's me great great granddad's name. An' he never killed no-one." Ben insisted. "Someone said the spy-murderer was a Nazi patriot? Well that don't line up, Lukas didn't believe in Nazism. He just played along so he could make a living; guy after me own heart, really. He felt something was up, so he took off in a plane an' never looked back. An' I ain't never heard of this Richard fella neither."

"Hmm... I may have said Patriot, but perhaps e was not one. Perhaps he killed the spy to defend his own life, sine I recall them being violent."

"Another thing to consider is that your grandfather escaped the base right before it was raided. Presumably he knew something was up somehow, and perhaps this somehow is that he met face-to-face with the spy."

"Certainly, we cannot be sure if all of this is totally relevant or true. Sette seems to have been set up, right? And that first anagram was something along the lines of, 'welcome idiots.' It seems like occasionally things in this game are pointless or misleading. Perhaps you're right that your ancestor did not kill anyone, but we should at least consider that the story presented to us could fit into our reality if it ever winds up being relevant to something else."

Gettin' Old!

Jacob scratched the back of his head "Well maybe he was doing it to save his own skin then but the worm made us solve an age old mystery in the dormitory. Your ancestor definitely murdered someone back then or at least the worm thinks so. We had to finger him as the culprit to get out."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

"Hey, Ben," Sette asks, not seeming particularly surprised by any of the info he'd revealed. "Do you think there's a chance you'd be able to open that weird 'Employees Only' door?"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"I ain't just basin' this off stories or ancestry. I researched this place. A lot. And I ain't never heard about no spy." Ben said firmly.

He then threw a confused glance at Sette before shrugging. "Worth a shot, I suppose." He said, before going over to it. "That okay, Jim? Don't wanna be executed for this or somethin'."

Happy Maria

The door doesn't open.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob gave Sette an appraising look "What made you think that would work? Though I guess you raise a fair point that we've not even tried the doors. Doesn't seem like the worm is much for talking anyway." Jacob shrugged before moving to try both doors.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

The other doors have the display and device near them, though it seems they cannot be opened currently.
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

"Heyo!"

A very familiar image shows up on the screen.

"Just popped in to say that voting starts in 5 minutes, so you all better hurry!"

The players are alarmed, and immediately run back through their rooms and make it just in time to the pod rooms, where their respective pods are open. Pods 4, 8 and A still remain closed, though. They quickly get into their pods just as they close. What will be the results when they get out? Only time will tell...

[Voting Phase has started and will end in 18 hours. Please submit your vote to me by then.]

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri May 11, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob nods "Don't know what comes after this but we should probably go to the pod room. Maybe we'll be able to see Pod A this time?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

After a while, the pods reopen, and the players slowly reassemble out of them. They all look at their bracelets and check their SCs. The players seem...relieved. It seems that everyone went along with the plan this time, and all allied. Still, most of them were now below 9 SCs, meaning they could never use the exit door again... Still, they had doors to go through, whether they liked it or not.

"Heeeyyyooooooooo! Uni! Gem! Trixie-boy! Lolly! Big Ben! Mr. Reus! Nanny! Hooooooow's it going?"

"...Well, I'm sure that you're all interested in the requirements for each door, so I better tell you now. The 'Me' door requires all the players to have the same number of SCs, while the 'Them' door requires the players to have a different amount of SC from each other! Sounds fun, riiiiiiight? Well, get discussing now, and have a nice trust!"

The players are left alone with each other to discuss the 2 doors. It seems this would be easier than the others, in a sense...

[Phase change occurs in 48 hours after this. Please check your QT for your current SCs.]

Gettin' Old!

Jacob thought about it for a moment as he checked his bracelet "5 SCs...Ok you have to tell us now what happens next. The door won't open you say so what's the point of going on with this game and what lies beyond the next round?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Well, you can technically still open the door now if you have enough SCs, but you have to do it either now or immediately after you finish these rooms, because otherwise you won't be able to exit through the exit door anymore! What else is there to say, really? So I'll just take another lunch break, alright? Come back to me when you've decided on what room you'll be going into! Later, losers!"

Silence fills the room once more.

Shy guy

"Sucks, but... he'll just execute us if we don't go along with his game anyway." Ben said. " 'nyway, doesn't seem we have a choice here? Assuming we can split 'tween these doors without leavin' anyone behind, then, 5s through the Me door, everyone else through the other. 's impossible to split numbers any other way, no matter what everyone has."

After a pause he remembered to show his bracelet - he, too, had 5 SCs.

ASCEND

"Yeah, sure seems that way..." Sette says as he shows his bracelet, which now reads "5 SC."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

After some more thought, Ben said "well, I suppose one 5 can go in the Them door."

Gettin' Old!

"How many 5s are there anyway?" Jacob asked looking around the others "Is it only Leeloo who is sitting above 5?" He asked going over to try and access the computer.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

hi

"I'm above 5 as well." K-9 presses the buttons on his bracelet: 7 SC.

Happy Maria

The computer is off. As usual.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Leeloo shows her own bracelet. It reads 7 SC. "I am also above five SCs."

Shy guy

"7?" Ben asked, surprised. "Weren't you on 4 before? How did two Ally votes make only 3 points?"

Unity looks dejected as she watches everyone read their bracelets.

"Th-that is really all? Nobody else is... ready to leave? This is... this is basically our final chance! From what we know... and as you know... and as we saw... Am I really the only one of us who is going to be able to escape? Alone?"

She presents her bracelet: 9 SC's

"I do not know what is most profitable for us. I could remain here and hope one of you reaches 9 SC through some recondite method, or I could... I could leave now when I have the conceivability... fending for myself.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob looked at Unity surprised "Well... I guess you found another double vote item? You should probably go and get out of here then. Just tell us everything you know before you do if it helps." He grimaced slightly "Y'know to help those of us who remain."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

No other way than to make this mistake.

KamiPanda wrote:
"7?" Ben asked, surprised. "Weren't you on 4 before? How did two Ally votes make only 3 points?"

"I was on three. Something happened in the room that made me lose one of my SCs. It was a trap, pretty much, but I had no choice at the time." Leeloo grimaces, then looks to Unity.

"If you want to leave, then you should. None of us would blame you for leaving. It's what we all would want to do."

Sock

"Yes, Unity.. Feel free to leave now. The sooner we can get out of this damn mess, the better!" Gemini forces a smile, before showing off her bracelet. 5 SCs.

"A lot of us have 5 SCs, but Leeloo and K-9 both have 7.. This is going to be an issue, isn't it?

Unity has 9 SCs, so she can leave now or after the next rooms, but the only room she can go in is 'Them'..

Jacob- Err, Trix, Sette, Ben and myself all have 5 SCs, so all of us could go on through the 'Me' door."

Gemini looks down at her feet for a while, idly thinking to herself.

Shy guy

"Doc, please, go ahead! We need ev'ry chance we got at this point." He said to Unity. "Shouldn't waste the opportunity."

Hearing what Gemini said, however, he grew worried. "Ohhh dear. Uh, Jim? What does this mean? We can't all go through the doors." He asked hopefully, despite knowing that the Bookworm had gone on another 'lunch break'.

"Ah... well. There is still the next set of rooms before I need to make the choice anyway, if you heard the worm... Hopefully one of you will have found enough SC's to accompany me by then. I might stay."

Unity sighs.

"I don't believe I have anything to tell anyone. Everyone knows what I know right now, but if I remember something important, I'll be sure to let everybody know."

She walks away from the exit door, clearly anxious.

"Though this is troubling... There are two sevens, they can't go through the them door together, and neither can go with the fives..."

ASCEND

"Uh, yeah..." Sette says, "Unless one of us can somehow get into the Staff Only door, we've got a bit of a problem here..."

Sock

"Even then, won't it have to be K-9 or Leeloo who goes through there..? I don't see how one of us, with 5 SCs going there would change much..."

Gettin' Old!

Jacob nodded "Yeah but that can't be right. Didn't the worm change the rules on the doors to accommodate people before? It'll probably do that again?" he said hopefully.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Perhaps we are just misinterpreting the 'them' door requirement. The worm has usually adjusted things by this point. The requirement is possibly that the group who goes through that door cannot all have the same number of SC's. In which case, myself and the 5's could go through it, or myself and the 7's. That is what I hope, at least."

Happy Maria

Despite people's expectations, the Bookworm suddenly speaks up again.

"People interrupting me on my lunch break?! Geez, whatta bunch of jerks you are! Yeah, I spoke wrongly- my bad! The actual requirements are is- the people who go through the Me door should have their SCs sum up to something greater than or equal to 20, while the people going through the Them door should have their SCs sum up to less than 20! That easier to understand? Great, because I've got some roots and shoots with my name on them! Later, 'gators!"

Sock

Gemini lets out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank goodness.. With this, we've got some good options. Does anyone have any sort of preference? Something to start us off and push us in some sort of direction to make group plans?"

"Ahh. Okay then. Thank goodness."

"There are forty-three points to go around. That means if we form a group with less than twenty points, the other group will always have more than twenty."

"Also I recommend that we split up K-9 and Leeloo. Imagine there is some method to get SC, but it only exists in one room or the other. Since they are the closest to getting nine, having one in either room maximizes the chances that at least one of them will make it to nine."

Shy guy

" 's good thinking, doc." Ben said, nodding approvingly. "As fer me... well, let's mix things up this time. If 'm always with Sette people will start to talk."

Gettin' Old!

Jacob nodded "Right how does this sound?

Myself, Gemini, Sette and Leeloo, through one room.

Ben, Unity and K-9 through the other.

I can be at peace with that." Jacob said
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"...You forgot to make one of the rooms be under twenty. So one of you or Gemini should come with us."

Gettin' Old!

Jacob grimaced realising he'd miscounted "Right, let me rethink it. We don't get a chance to open the doors again after this round." He mulled things over in his head before glancing at Gemini and Sette. "Unless one of you fancies swapping over I don't have a problem with it?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sock

"I'll swap over... If Ben can change things up, I can too."
Page 14 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus