Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Final Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"I guess I'll carry her." Ben said. "I'd say it was K-9's thing but I'd rather he was on standby to look over our little Zero problem..."

Gettin' Old!

Jacob sniffles and wiped his eyes in futility before hauling himself over to the computer and trying to access the pod program.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

The computer is shut down. Trix tries opening it, but it doesn't start up. Most likely intentional.
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Final Room PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

After a while, Trix comes back into the corridor, a dismal look on his face; one of a man who has failed. He looks at the display on the door. "All survivors must enter? As if I'll do that", he spits. "After what they did to her?! I'm not going through."

K-9 gives Trix a look. "You really sure about that? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me. We're stuck here, with nowhere to go."

"Look, Trix- Jacob- me man, we're trapped. I know it's a bum deal for ya, but we have to proceed now. Maybe...maybe we can escape this way. Don't you want that? Please, listen to us", Ben pleads.

Trix sighs. "...Fine. For her." He presses his hand on the device. "Now everybody else, I suppose?"

The others press their hands as well. Sette, K-9, Ben, a handcuffed Leeloo...and the girl from Pod A, whose hand is pressed onto the device by Ben. A small pause follows...after which the door opens soundly, for the other players to enter. They all look at each other for a second before entering. On the other side is another door, labelled in both German and English, though the German one looks much older. The English label reads, "Room Zero", quite plainly.

"Well, Ben? What's it say in German?", Sette asks, before Trix pushes open the door. "It doesn't matter. Let's just get inside." With little to do, they all enter.

At first, the lights in the room are off. Then slowly, one by one, they turn on and the room starts to illuminate. It appears to be a strange sort of laboratory. The first thing the players notice in the centre is a sleeping pod, much like the ones in the previous room. It appears to be locked, but also has a lot of wires connected to it, spanning the room. On the left is a large looking device, labelled "Quantum Computer".

"This is where the worm lies?" Trix asks, regarding the device with a strange look. He goes closer to examine it and picks up a note. "Attempting to gain access to confidential data stored in the computer shall grant the players a penalty.", he reads out grimly. "Sounds like Zero don't want us prying in here too much." On the right of the room are two bureaus, both of which are accessible. On the other side of the room are three different rooms, all of which are locked yet joined together in a strange way. To the right is a door labelled "Back Exit", which is also locked, no matter how the players try to pry it open.

"This is it", Ben says, eyes gleaming. "If we figure this out, we can leave."

K-9 tries the entrance handle. "Nope, locked. Seems we're stuck here now."

"Not for long!", Sette proclaims. "This is gonna be it!"

"I still do not understand this, but I suppose I shall try my best", Leeloo says.

And so, the players start investigating the mysterious room. This is it. They're going to do it. For Unity, Gemini, Quarter, the Pod A girl... They have to get out. For what is most likely the last time, the players start to...

[Room Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzNS8Ah139Y ]
[Room Map: https://i.imgur.com/oknI8Su.png ]
[Players: Trix, Leeloo, Ben, Sette, K-9 (+Pod A girl)]

[Time till Phase Change is undetermined for the moment, but I'll have it figured out soon, I think. Till then, you all may start. Don't take too long though just because the time period hasn't been determined.]

Happy Maria

[It seems evident to me that people have missed my final words, so I shall repeat- do not take long for this phase. This is a room phase, hence activity matters more here than longer posts. Investigating should take priority here more than anything. It would be unfortunate if the game anticlimactically ended so close to the finish line.]

No other way than to make this mistake.

Enia sighs and takes a look at the room in the northwesternmost corner.

Happy Maria

The room is locked, though there is no keyhole. It can't be seen into either.

ASCEND

"Judging by the map, it looks like all of them are locked..." Sette says.

He heads to the right and looks inside the leftmost "bureau."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"Not sure o' the implications, but, the German name fer this room was 'Research Lab'." Ben told the others, heading over to the main curiosity in the room - the central sleeping pod.

Happy Maria

The leftmost "bureau" contains a large looking metal box, with something written on it in German. It appears to be locked. It is kept on a long piece of cloth with something sticking out of it. Nothing else is within the bureau.

The sleeping pod is locked, and has a small keyhole on it. It cannot open at the moment, however. Unlike the other pods in the previous room, it isn't labelled with anything.

hi

K-9 walks up to the second bureau and opens it.

Happy Maria

The second bureau has a poster on the back. It looks to be for a word game of some sort, and has a very familiar green worm in the centre...

There is also a broken half of a key in the bureau. Other than that, it is strangely empty.

ASCEND

Looking at the key, Sette says, "Maybe this is like when we first woke up, and there's another half of that key somewhere..."

Sette tries to lift out the large box to get to whatever's sticking out of the cloth.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Sette is not able to lift up the box on his own since it is too heavy. Apparently he'll need more than that.

Shy guy

"So wha's on the computer anyway?" Ben asked aloud, going to check. "So long as we don't do anythin' too invasive we won't get penalised, right?"

ASCEND

"Well, while you're at it, can you see what this German says, Ben?" Sette asks.

Gettin' Old!

"I'll look at the computer." Jacob says, his voice hollow.

"Someone should help lift that box to see what's under it." He signed as he sat down at the computer "Right...nothing confidential." He muttered with disinterest.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"Right, let the computer guy handle the computer." Ben agreed, backing away. "Sure, I'll help with the box. Fair warnin', I ain't got the chance to eat prop'ly or work out so 'm pretty weak."

hi

K-9 pulls out the poster. "Another puzzle of some sort?" He carefully examines it.

Happy Maria

The poster itself doesn't seem particularly important.

Ben and Sette both manage to lift the box up and place it on the ground. It seems to be the other half of the broken key!

On the quantum computer there appears to be a base converter, from binary to base-36. There is a small button in the corner which when clicked explains its purpose. There also is a video on the computer which is password protected. Nothing else is accessible.

Shy guy

Ben took a deep breath. "Well... time ta find out what the deal with th' creepy pod is, I guess?" He said, intending to put the two parts of the key together and use them on the pod. "Boss-man, we'll need ya key bit."

Happy Maria

The two halves of the key fit together perfectly.

Shy guy

KamiPanda wrote:
and use them on the pod.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob pulled back from the computer "There's nothing more I can do with this, not without being penalised. We'll need to find the password manually." he said watching and waiting to see what would happen with the pod.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

After impatiently waiting for the GM to post, Ben puts the key into the pod keyhole. It starts to open slowly, emitting steam as it does so. As it finishes, the players notice that the inside is quite small. There is also a note inside, reading "EXPLANATION".

hi

K-9 pulls out the note and reads it over, seeing if there's anything else written on it.

Happy Maria

Nothing else is written on it.

Gettin' Old!

"Well...lets see it then. Figure it's something we're probably all due." Jacob sighed waiting for K-9 to read the note.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

(It's already been read out 3 posts before :p )

Gettin' Old!

Jacob rolls his eyes seeing there was really nothing else other than "Explanation" on the note "Of all the fucking juvenile..." he sighs with disgust before examining the rest of the inside of the pod for anything else.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Other than the "juvenile" note, the pod is empty.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob sighs "Right what other junk is in here since it seems there is no explanation for what's happened here." He muttered reassessing the room.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

"Where else haven't we looked anyway? Maybe these doors up here?" Sette asks. He heads over to the middle room and tries the door.

Happy Maria

The door is locked and cannot be seen into.

ASCEND

Sette shrugs and tries the rightmost door.

Happy Maria

Also locked, with no way to see in.

Shy guy

" 's a bit on th' nose, but... mebbe the computer password is EXPLANATION?" Ben suggested. "We type it in an' the video will literally give us an explanation fer all this."

Happy Maria

Ben types it into the computer and there is an affirmative beep. The video is accessible now. The players all look sceptically at the computer. This entire room...it just seems too easy, too straightforward. Would it really be so simple? Regardless, the players click the video, and it starts. Footsteps are heard at first as someone walks in front of the camera. There is also another sound...the sound of something hitting the floor, perhaps? As soon as the figure walks on screen, the players realise what it is- the sound of a cane.

The old woman they knew as Quarter adjusts the camera so that she is centred properly, then clears her throat. "Ahem. Greetings. My name is Claudia- Claudia Smith. You all might know me as player number 4 in this game, but I have an alternate identity. I am the main figure behind this game- I am Zero."

The group stands there, too shocked for words. Yet Claudia continues on as if nothing had happened.

"I assume you have several questions for me, but this is prerecorded. As such, I will not be able to answer them here unless I am there with you currently. Anyway, the end of the game approaches. There must be several questions on your mind. Who is Sub-Zero? Who is the mysterious serial killer known as the Chinese Soldier? Who stole the baby 21 years ago? And most importantly...why were you brought here? These questions and more shall be revealed to you soon enough. But first, you have to enter those rooms."

The players look behind them to see the 3 doors.

"Only Players 1, 2 and 3 may go through the left. Players 4, 5 and 6 may go through the middle, and players 7, 8 and 9 will go through the right. This is the only configuration acceptable. To unlock it, you must put the young girl you found in Pod A- since you obviously must have had her to come this far- into the sleeping pod in the centre of this room. Then the pod will close, and the rooms shall open. When they do, enter and you shall receive further instructions. See you there." She reaches for the camera and switches it off, leaving the players alone again, with only their thoughts. This...this is it, then?

No other way than to make this mistake.

Enia is completely shocked by what was just seen. She looks at the ground regretfully, then says, "I'll... I'll go through the middle door, then."

hi

"So Sette and I will go through the right door, Leeloo and Ben to through the middle door, and Trix goes through the left door." K-9 sighs and runs his hands through his hair. "Quarter's the mastermind, huh? Looking back now it seems so obvious, and yet I somehow didn't see it."
Page 18 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus