Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 624 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Gah I'm being torn up by horrible atrocities going on at America's border right now. Kids being caged and separated from parents and most I find is people going "Lol Space Force."

Its like...I shouldn't worry so much about this stuff cause I can't change it but it drives me with such fury that it distracts me from day to day stuff as I go and search for news and what not about it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Yeah. It's awful. Taking children away from their parents and keeping them in cages in a warehouse. They have a video, just audio, of children crying out for their parents and there are men, possibly border patrol, saying "We have our own orchestra.' "Where's the conductor?"
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
Yeah. It's awful. Taking children away from their parents and keeping them in cages in a warehouse. They have a video, just audio, of children crying out for their parents and there are men, possibly border patrol, saying "We have our own orchestra.' "Where's the conductor?"

Fuck...that's the worst part. Thinking that there's people who can make jokes about it. Thinking that there's people who genuinely don't care or have a problem with what's going on and that they are in power.

Hope those two guards get fired for such insensitivity.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

I fucking hate people like those, honestly. Just people who think it's okay to joke about these kinds of things. They do it so casually too, with no regard to the seriousness of these situations.

The people that support this are worse. There was a photo of a little boy. He looked about 5-6 and he was crying and had his hands on the cage. People commenting were saying "Smash his fingers so he can't hold the cage", "give him a churro", etc. It's so disgusting.

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
The people that support this are worse. There was a photo of a little boy. He looked about 5-6 and he was crying and had his hands on the cage. People commenting were saying "Smash his fingers so he can't hold the cage", "give him a churro", etc. It's so disgusting.

Yeah thankfully these kinda monsters are distinctly in the minority, just the Internet has made everyone a lot louder.

While Trump gets no points for trying to undo his own mess, I do hope that thing he signed helps kids get back to their families.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

Time to start applying for new placements again like a grown up.

There's a couple of paid ones this year which boggles the mind. Yet all the rumours are that these guys offering to pay aren't great.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Good luck with that Pierre!

Gettin' Old!

Ha thanks SoCo

Can any folks in America tell me the number of say...a hotline that provides emotional support? Something like Samaritans (but not Samaritans and still hopefully well known).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

There's an American branch of the Samaritans. If they won't do, I'll need to know if you're looking for suicide prevention or just general emotional support.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
There's an American branch of the Samaritans. If they won't do, I'll need to know if you're looking for suicide prevention or just general emotional support.

General Emotional Support would be good. I've already got the Samaritans down but I think they are already quite capable of handling suicide prevention.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Ha thanks SoCo

Can any folks in America tell me the number of say...a hotline that provides emotional support? Something like Samaritans (but not Samaritans and still hopefully well known).

Is someone you now going through an emotional crisis? D:

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Ha thanks SoCo

No no, its for my dissertation. As a potential risk participants might get distressed in talking about their pasts so to alleviate this risk I need to offer helplines for people and it feels piecemeal to only offer the Samaritans.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Thelema wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Ha thanks SoCo

No no, its for my dissertation. As a potential risk participants might get distressed in talking about their pasts so to alleviate this risk I need to offer helplines for people and it feels piecemeal to only offer the Samaritans.

Interesting, can I ask what's the subject of your dissertation?

-----

Damn, I hated to see Germany losing to South Korea today. Some of my compatriots wanted to see Germany out of the World Cup at all costs because of the 7-1 humilliation, but not me. Even though South Korea deserves respect and played intelligently, I feel like Germany is the best team when it comes to technical quality out of the two, and a team I generally like to see playing. They deserved to make it to the round of 16, at least. Maybe the loss to Mexico caused a negative emotional impact on the players.

(Never really liked soccer 'till the beginning of this year. Now I'm enjoying this World Cup)

Happy Maria

I've been watching the World Cup this year too. Surprisingly made a lot of correct predictions which pissed my brother off (he's team Germany). I didn't even say it yesterday but he admits they just kinda played like crap yesterday.

Southern Corn wrote:
I've been watching the World Cup this year too. Surprisingly made a lot of correct predictions which pissed my brother off (he's team Germany). I didn't even say it yesterday but he admits they just kinda played like crap yesterday.

Some of my predictions for the round of 16:

- Argentina can't beat France. No way. Argentina is terrible right now. I mean, I will be very surprised if they win. They barely made it to the knockout stage.

- I like both Croatia and Denmark and believe both are good teams, but I'd say Croatia is stronger. Doesn't mean it will be an easy match, however. I just think Croatia will likely win. They are more offensive and creative.

- Uruguay vs Portugal lol. This will be a difficult match. I'd say Uruguay is overall stronger but Portugal has all that magic surrounding C. Ronaldo and etc. Both have chances, but if I had to bet, I'd say Uruguay.

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:

Interesting, can I ask what's the subject of your dissertation?

Sure I'm looking at the process of VR therapy via qualitative interviews from clients who have experienced it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

Got the chance to watch the first episode of Westworld. Wish these things were easier to access over here in the UK as the show was pretty cool.

A lot of it reminded me of some of the issues raised in Undertale, stuff like playing god with lives and whatnot so it was my jam for sure. Hopefully I'll find a way to watch the rest, would be nice to be actually up to date on a trend for once.

Ah well in the meantime I got my Voltron and iZombie to keep me entertained :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Ayyyy, France won! I'd like to say I called this from the start. My mother and brother were very sore at me though and now believe I'm an esper or something. Oh well, their reactions were worth it. It was a very intriguing match for sure.

I was right about both France’s and Uruguay’s victory. Let’s see tomorrow if I am right about Croatia as well.

Happy Maria

SCREW THAT GODDAMN SPAIN RUSSIA MATCH. I CAN'T BELIEVE I WASTED OVER 2 HOURS ON THAT GARBAGE.

Seriously, I want my time back.

It's my birthday in 5 days... and I don't know if I even want to do anything on that day.
And I just got up to another rejection... joy.

Happy Maria

Happy birthday in advance, Cat. My brother felt the same too on his, didn't even feel like it was his birthday for him, just a normal day. I was embarrassed by celebrating them too when I was young, mainly because I was extremely shy back then.

My birthday was three days ago and I did nothing. I'm so used to nothing happening on my birthday I just don't want anything anymore. My boyfriend took me out to dinner anyway though, and it was lovely. Weird having someone do that for me. I'm not used to it, but he's such a great guy. He even called out of work today be with me. I cried like a pansy when I heard him on the phone. XD

Happy Maria

You're quite lucky to have someone like that, Dawn XD Belated greetings for your 26th. Apparently it's birthday season now, my brother's birthday was 2 weeks back and tomorrow is my grandmother's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPa1wikTd5c&t=379s

Every political discussion on the internet right now

You know, a Mario game!

Damn it, I go on the internet to ESCAPE from reality, not be yanked back into it like a dog on a chain! Everything I see about what's going on in the world makes me lose more and more hope in humanity, I feel like I'm edging closer and closer to nihilism! I feel like the only way to be happy in today's world is to put yourself in a bubble and ignore the world going to hell in a hand basket. That's what I try to do, but it just gets harder and harder to do so when the places you go for a reprieve are filled with nothing but terrible news story after terrible news story! I miss the mid 2000's, where the only thing we had to worry about is figuring out where Osama Bin Laden is hiding. Sorry if I brought you down, I just had to vent a bit.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Happy Maria

That's fair. The news seems to really be filled with rather negative stories nowadays, honestly.

In other news, the World Cup finale has been decided- France vs Croatia. I predicted both would be in the top 4 initially and my brother is pissed I called it.

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
Damn it, I go on the internet to ESCAPE from reality, not be yanked back into it like a dog on a chain! Everything I see about what's going on in the world makes me lose more and more hope in humanity, I feel like I'm edging closer and closer to nihilism! I feel like the only way to be happy in today's world is to put yourself in a bubble and ignore the world going to hell in a hand basket. That's what I try to do, but it just gets harder and harder to do so when the places you go for a reprieve are filled with nothing but terrible news story after terrible news story! I miss the mid 2000's, where the only thing we had to worry about is figuring out where Osama Bin Laden is hiding. Sorry if I brought you down, I just had to vent a bit.

Hmm might I ask what the straw that broke the camel's back was?

There's a form of therapy called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy that operates on the philosophy that we've taken happiness as the 'normal' state for humans to be in. So we torture ourselves for struggling to be happy when in reality life is a struggle and that is normal. All you can do is find what you truly value personally and try and work towards that instead.

I'm not a huge fan of it at times but in a world where there's so much that sucks and brings me down and is out of my control I can see some value in it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Southern Corn wrote:

In other news, the World Cup finale has been decided- France vs Croatia. I predicted both would be in the top 4 initially and my brother is pissed I called it.

Im happy that Croatia made it to the finals. Though I am still upset that Colombia got cheated out of the cup again by a referee. Im rooting for Croatia to win on Sunday

Gettin' Old!

Gentle Criminal wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Im happy that Croatia made it to the finals. Though I am still upset that Colombia got cheated out of the cup again by a referee. Im rooting for Croatia to win on Sunday

Yeah good on Croatia too! I think they put England out and that's gift enough. Nothing really against the English but the football-related patriotism is insufferable this close to home.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Yeah, lol. Don't even get me started on the "IT'S COMING HOME" memes.

Gettin' Old!

Speaking a little bit of patriotism right now. I'm pretty bloody proud of Scotland just now :acro:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Heck yeah, France won! I'm pretty happy too, it was relatively exciting for the final match.

Southern Corn wrote:
Heck yeah, France won! I'm pretty happy too, it was relatively exciting for the final match.

Better team won. Sad Croatia lost. Though they could have easily won cuz the last two goals France made were cuz of mistakes defensively.

yeet

Gettin' Old!

I got to GM a game of the new Warhammer 40k Roleplay: Wrath and Ruin for my usual RP group today.

Was nice to give the GM a break from dealing with us all the time and it was an exciting thing I'd wanted to try for a while.

It all went quite well though, the PCs almost killed the main villain before his big reveal which would have been awkward but everything pulled together in the end. Feels good though I think the enemies were designed to be a bit too much of a pushover for the heroes. Don't really felt it was a challenge but perhaps its designed to be that way considering this was a one-shot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Hey everyone. I know nobody posts here much anymore, but I just wanted everyone to know that I got a call and I'm filling out paperwork tomorrow and I'll start working. I'm so excited. Things are finally gonna change. <3 Also my art work has been doing really great too. I'm actually doing Pokemon commissions for $15-$20 if anyone is interested. ^^

Congrats!
Sorry I can't afford to commission you, but have you tried posting on tumblr yet? Seems to work for some people.

Happy Maria

Congrats, Dawn. Glad things are working here for you.
Page 624 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus