Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 20 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 ???)Topic%20Title

Kachu wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...You two aren't actually serious about assisting this...thing, are you?"

"Hey, in my business it pays to work for the winning team." Bennett shrugs. "Also, if working with it means this eldritch horror won't rip my face off and eat my eyes, then I'd feel a lot safer." He shudders at his own thoughts.

"I'm no demon, I won't accept it if it's something I won't wanna do."

"...So you are willing to assist the enemy."

Ivan angrily took out his baton and aimed it at Bennett.

"If that doesn't make you a demon, then what does?"

Sock

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Kachu wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...You two aren't actually serious about assisting this...thing, are you?"

"Hey, in my business it pays to work for the winning team." Bennett shrugs. "Also, if working with it means this eldritch horror won't rip my face off and eat my eyes, then I'd feel a lot safer." He shudders at his own thoughts.

"I'm no demon, I won't accept it if it's something I won't wanna do."

"...So you are willing to assist the enemy."

Ivan angrily took out his baton and aimed it at Bennett.

"If that doesn't make you a demon, then what does?"

"I don't even know half of you, so forgive me for putting my own ass first." Bennett sighs.

"If it means that much to you I'll refuse, but I think we should at least hear what the situation is, no? What if he wants me to just serve him tea and my 'benefit' is I can get the fuck outta here?" Bennett didn't sound confident that it would be that easy, but made the suggestion nonetheless.

"I'll unleash a plague, Ciro. Maybe the first time it will be your children. Maybe the next time it will be your closest friends. Maybe the time after that it will be a plague on a massive scale, to which only the one who escapes can find solace from. Perhaps it will be endless pain or perhaps it will be all of your lives. I am given the liberty to do as I please, but do know that I am capable of all of this, and that I will carefully decide the punishment based on what will make sure you never let yourselves fail again."

"Anyway, if Bennett is the only volunteer currently, then I shall be happy to make him my apprentice."

Belphegor raises his hands in Bennett's direction and begins a deep chant.

"ASCEND LOW BEING! FEEL THE POWER OF THE DEMON WORLD!"

A bolt of violet light leave's Belphegor's gloved hands and flies toward Bennett. Halfway through the air though, the magic bolt strikes something.

"KeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEeeeEEEEEE!!"

Happy Maria

As Belphegor casts the spell, Bruce's eye's nearly pop out. He screeches loudly, flying into the way of the violet bolts. Before anyone else can even react, he gets into Bennett's way, absorbing the power from the strange bolts, screeching in pain. Suddenly, there's a loud blast, throwing everyone against the cavern walls. As they all struggle to regain their balance, people notice smoke filling the room. Bennett still appears to be the same as well. They can still feel Belphedor's presence at the end of the cave, but...

Bruce...

...Where is he?

Is he really...?

Just another day.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"I'll unleash a plague, Ciro. Maybe the first time it will be your children. Maybe the next time it will be your closest friends. Maybe the time after that it will be a plague on a massive scale, to which only the one who escapes can find solace from. Perhaps it will be endless pain or perhaps it will be all of your lives. I am given the liberty to do as I please, but do know that I am capable of all of this, and that I will carefully decide the punishment based on what will make sure you never let yourselves fail again."

"Anyway, if Bennett is the only volunteer currently, then I shall be happy to make him my apprentice."

Belphegor raises his hands in Bennett's direction and begins a deep chant.

"ASCEND LOW BEING! FEEL THE POWER OF THE DEMON WORLD!"

A bolt of violet light leave's Belphegor's gloved hands and flies toward Bennett. Halfway through the air though, the magic bolt strikes something.

"KeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEeeeEEEEEE!!"

"Huh, guess even a demon can fuck up royally...Guess you still gonna potentially suffer like the rest of us ehh Benastard?" Matt laughed at that.

Sock

Bennett takes a few seconds to stand up, more apparent than anyone else that nothing really happened to him aside from hitting his head on the cave wall.

"Fuckin'... That is NOT what I would've agreed to..." He looks around the area to find the source of the bat-like screeching that echoed through the caves.

"Hm, I guess Bruce wanted it way more than Bennett. Way to one-up him Bruce."

"Way to go Bennett! You tried to sell us out, sold your soul, and killed an innocent animal in just under five minutes!" Charlotte clapped exaggeratedly. "And here I thought men like you just didn't exist!"

Sock

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Way to go Bennett! You tried to sell us out, sold your soul, and killed an innocent animal in just under five minutes!" Charlotte clapped exaggeratedly. "And here I thought men like you just didn't exist!"

Bennett waves his hand dismissively in Charlotte's general direction. "Yeah, yeah... What're you gonna do, kill me? Rob me blind for fun?" Bennett frowned.

Happy Maria

As people looked shocked at what was going on, the smoke slowly cleared out from the tunnels. As they did, people could make out a tiny, bat shaped figure in the distance. Still hovering.

"Bruce..." Charlotte gasps. "He survived!"

"Oh, thank goodness... I'm not ready to handle any more losses here", Brandy sighs. "Bruce, come here!"

"Kee, on it!" A squeaky voice comes out.

"...Wait, what was that?" Oliver asks, shocked. As the others appear quite bewildered, Bruce slowly approaches them. And immediately, the others can tell something isn't right. He still appears quite small, but... his skin and eyes glow with an aura of power.

Bruce takes a look at Bennett, still sprawled on the floor. "Kee, are you alright? That tentaclehead's lightning didn't seem quite safe! Is everything better now?" Words come out of its mouth clearly, as if it's well versed in the English language. It doesn't appear to have noticed any difference, though.

Sock

Bennett's jaw almost drops. He stares at Bruce, blinks a few times, and then slowly nods.

"Errr... Yeah, Brucey. I'm fine. You seem to be fine too, which is good." After a literal demon from god knows where was summoned this didn't surprised him as much as it should.

fella

Oliver just blinked as he heard Bruce talk. His mouth hanged, the performer complete slackjawed. Eventually, he found three words to say. "What the hell...?"

He blinked again and shook his head. "Did-- Did Bruce just... just bloody talk?!" he sputtered.

Kachu wrote:
DootDootDoot wrote:

Bennett waves his hand dismissively in Charlotte's general direction. "Yeah, yeah... What're you gonna do, kill me? Rob me blind for fun?" Bennett frowned.

"...Silence. Not only are you a disgusting man who only thinks with your pants, but you are also complicit with a mastermind of a killing game."

*SLAM!"

"Once we all leave this prison of a cave, do not think your actions will go unpunished!"

Ivan took a brief break from railing Bennett to stare at the bat who just seemed to talk.

"And now this bat can talk because of you. You are complicit in the destruction of nature. Have you no shame?!"

Happy Maria

Bruce gives a wide smile. It looks genuine, despite his batty little face.

"Kee, glad to hear it! Gee, you're even responding back to me now! You must be feelin' real good, huh?"

It gives a little bat-chuckle.

"So now what're you guys gonna do? I can help, if you need me!" It flutters around happily.

Looking at Oliver, it seemed confuse. "What do you mean? I always could talk! What took you so long to realise?"

Charlotte was about to say something undoubtedly very rude and loud to Bennett, but the talking animal distracted her.

"... Bruce, I... I mean... What..." she seemed to be at a loss for words, until she settled on "Bruce, what the fuck?"

Sock

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Silence. Not only are you a disgusting man who only thinks with your pants, but you are also complicit with a mastermind of a killing game."

*SLAM!"

"Once we all leave this prison, do not think your actions will go unpunished!"

Ivan took a brief break from railing Bennett to stare at the bat who just seemed to talk.

"And now this bat can talk because of you. You are complicit in the destruction of nature. Have you no shame?!"

"No, Copper. I'm not complicit with that fuckin' monster over there." He gestures to Belphegor. "Belphy missed me, in case you didn't notice, and I sure as hell don't feel any different either."

"'Sides, you're really going to lock me up for askin' what I'd get out of it? Ignoring the other assumptions you made, I don't really think what I was doing was all that bad. Sure wouldn't blame someone else for doing the same."

Ciro closes his eyes and chuckles.

"Is this even real right now? A talking bat, a demon straight from the depths of hell. It feels like I'm trapped in a goth teenager's wet dream."

He opens his eyes and says to Bruce:

"So... what happened when it zapped you? Are you his grand assistant now or something? And what is your preferred name?"

Happy Maria

"Kee, what's the matter, Charlie?" Bruce asks, unperturbed. "Did something ha-"

Suddenly, Belphegor snaps his fingers, returning to where everyone else is. "Hmph. It appears my spell has found its target. Not the creature I would have liked beside me to help, but I suppose it shall do."

"Kee, what's that supposed to mean?! I'm not helping a freak like you!" Bruce shrieks, looking terrified.

Belphegor shakes his head. "It's too late. You're under my spell now." He gestures to the others. "Why else, do you think, these mere mortals can understand your tongue? You have been enchanted, little bat."

"N-no... KEEEE! I'm not helping you with more murder!" Bruce replies. "Poor Ms. Carrie's already died! I can't let this happen again!"

Belphegor smirks. "You puny thing. You don't realise?"

"ONE OF THESE PEOPLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HER DEATH."

The tunnel shakes with great intensity as he speaks. Bruce pales, looking back at the others.

"N-none of you would do such a thing, right...? None of you would hurt Ms. Carrie...?" It looked quite unnerved now.

"...There is no doubt in my mind. One of us killed her. But do not worry. We will bring that person to swift justice."

Code:
Dear Stars,

Am I hallucinating, or are we actually dealing with someone that shoots magic lightning and a talking bat?

Wishing she could wake up now,
Shizune Takata

Between the blast jarring her from her seat, checking Claudia for damage, and being awestruck by supernatural phenomena, it took Shizune a bit of time to put a new letter out.

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...There is no doubt in my mind. One of us killed her. But do not worry. We will bring that person to swift justice."

Bruce looked horrified at this. "W-what do you mean..? Why would anyone want to do such a thing to such a sweet little girl like Ms. Carrie? She was so nice... She always shared her food with me..."

The look on its face grew more furious. "Keee.... If I find out who did such a horrible thing, I'll... I'll..." It let out a small growl, suddenly baring its fangs- which now appeared much sharper than they had before.

"Which one of you did this?!" The furious looking bat asked, eyeing the crew with suspicion.

fella

"I am not sure, Bruce," Oliver replied. "But as Officer Ivanov said, we will find out and bring them to justice. You have my word, alright?"

He was a bit surprised that he was holding a conversation with a bat, but at this point, he didn't feel like questioning anything else.

Just another day.

Southern Corn wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

Bruce looked horrified at this. "W-what do you mean..? Why would anyone want to do such a thing to such a sweet little girl like Ms. Carrie? She was so nice... She always shared her food with me..."

The look on its face grew more furious. "Keee.... If I find out who did such a horrible thing, I'll... I'll..." It let out a small growl, suddenly baring its fangs- which now appeared much sharper than they had before.

"Which one of you did this?!" The furious looking bat asked, eyeing the crew with suspicion.

Matt stood in silence as he attempted to process the massive amount of shit he felt was going on and was only made worse by the lack of booze or anything of the sort to help him cope with.

Shy guy

"The bat can talk now," Seb observed flatly, before sighing. "At this point we're going to have to take Belphegor at his word, it seems. If he says he can unleash a plague on all of humanity if he wants, he probably means it. So... how are we going to handle this?" he asked the others, unable or unwilling to make a decision himself. "Are we going to go investigate? Search for clues?" It seemed as though he'd quickly accepted the bizarre situation they were in once the evidence made it clear it was real, and was now resigned to his fate.

Happy Maria

Spoiler: Investigation
"Kee! You're right, Seb!" Bruce replied firmly. "We need to look around the caves right now! Let's get going now, people! We need to find all the vital evidence we can to figure out who killed Ms. Carrie!"

"But... how do we do that?" Oliver asks.

"Maybe we should split up into groups", Benjamin advises. "We'll be able to thoroughly examine everywhere we've explored that way."

After some discussion, the following groups are decided:

Crime scene: Klifford, Ciro, Sebastian
Jungle: Daniel, Matt, Bennett
Overgrown Tunnel (Tunnel A): Oliver, Brandy, Charlotte
Spikey Tunnel (Tunnel B): Benjamin, Ivan, Nail
Base Camp: Micah, Shizune, Lavender

"Hmph. Well I suppose that makes my work much easier. Very well!" Belphegor thunders. "After a set time, I shall begin the tribunal. I shall call you all when the time comes, then you may all attend to find out who killed the cavegirl. You all shall assemble at my altar, of course, for it is a most treasured place." He chuckles. Everyone quickly splits up into their respective groups to examine every nook and cranny of the place.

Spoiler: Sometime later...
"ATTENTION! THE GRAND TRIBUNAL IS STARTING NOW! ASSEMBLE INTO THE ALTAR IF YOU WISH TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH!"

Hearing the demonic cry echo throughout the caverns, everyone quickly comes back and enters into the altar. There's a foreboding air in the room this time, moreso than before. As people assemble, they notice Benjamin, Nail and Ivan already there.

"Here early, huh?" Bennett asks.

"We figured we may as well, since it was quite close to us." Nail explains simply.

"Alright, seems we're quite good to go here." Daniel grunts. "What's happened to your suit though, soldier?" He gestures to Oliver, whose clothes appear to have mud all over them. He frowns in response, looking quite displeased. "It's a long story", he simply replies.

"Well, we can find out all that now, right?" Micah says. "After all... it begins now."

Everyone looked quite anxious. Belphegor had entered the room, standing in the center and uttering some strange incantations to himself while Bruce flew around, looking quite nervous. "Kee, you guys better figure it out... When I find out who killed Ms. Carrie, I swear I'll suck out all their blood!"

"That ain't like you, Bruce", Brandy softly mutters. "But yer right. Carrie was... I can't claim I knew her that well, but despite her... hygiene problems, she really did seem like a nice lass."

"Quite so", Ciro agreed. "She was always ready to help us out with exploring the caves and kept being vigilant even during the direst of times... Truly, the group won't be the same without her."

"And yet, it seems one of us targeted her this morning." Ivan taps his baton slowly. "Someone had reason to kill her today, for some reason or another. And this dangerous individual... is one of us. Here, in this trial room."

Everyone looked at each other suspiciously. Indeed, everything seemed to point to that conclusion. Still, what could be the truth behind this strange occurrence? What was even going on?

It seems they would have to find out the truth now.

[Your investigations will be posted in your QTs soon. Please wait...]

Happy Maria

After a moment, Belphegor looked up slowly, finished with his incantations. As he slowly curled his fists, the 16 stones surrounding the central shrines slowly shrunk down, till they became more like podiums, with the sacred symbols on top of them. "Take your places", the demon urged simply. "It matters not where specifically for now, but once you do, these podiums will become bound to you and your presence alone."

People slowly approached the podiums, taking one for themselves. They appeared quite simple, though somewhat eerie.

"Alright... Now, we shall start." Belphegor clapped his hands to together, the sound of thunder echoing across the room.

"WELCOME... TO THE TRIBUNAL. YOUR LIVES ARE ON THE LINE HERE. WILL YOU BE ABLE TO SUCCEED, OR FAIL? ONLY TIME WILL TELL."

"Hmph... we best be right." Ivan snorted. "I refuse to have such a foul criminal let loose back into the streets of our beloved town."

"Hmph. Then you must vote, Ivan." Belphegor replies. "Now that you are tied to your pedestal, simply focus into it and channel the name of whom you believe to be the accused into your mind, and your vote shall be officially be sealed. You may change it, of course, but that it how you perform it."

"So you're telling us we can already vote?" Matt shakes his head. "Then what's the point of waiting? Let's end this bullshit now!"

"No! We've got to think this through!" Klifford insists. "We need to discuss everything we've found today first! Then we can arrive at a fair conclusion!"

"Kee, doc's right! Let's keep this simple, everyone! Let's have topics to discuss, so we don't get confused!" Bruce helpfully offers, hovering above the group. "First up, how about you guys discuss what you did last night? Talking about what you found in your investigations might help as well!"

"Bruce's right, guys! Let's keep this focused and we can get to the bottom of this!" Brandy exclaims. "Let's do this! For Carrie!"

"H...h...h... Very well, then." Belphegor starts hovering in the centre of the room, peering down at everyone else ominously. "Let us find out whether you are all truly capable of solving this. Let the tribunal... begin."

Spoiler: Resources

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ciro wastes no time and gets straight to it.

“At around 4 am, 4:15 to be precise, I heard the sounds of people leaving their tent, so I followed the sounds. It led to a dead end, the left tunnel in the divided path we faced before. I was about to give up, when I found a secret passageway leading further back. At the end of that was a box, to which behind that was another secret passageway. I then saw Brandy and Charlotte, discussing about stealing the mayor’s prized possessions. They saw me and tried to attack me. Alas, they did not realize. I may be the star sushi chef, but I am also really good at karate. I held back on them, only knocked them out. I tied them up so they could cause no harm, and was about to check them for what they had taken from the mayor… but then I smelled something strange. And before I knew it, I was also knocked out.

When I woke up, I did not see any Brandy or Charlie, but Klifford. We went back to camp together, arriving there at about 6:45. I heard someone yelling in their sleep right as I was heading to Lalaland. By the time I woke up, it was 8 am.

For my investigation with Klifford and Sebastian, I was at the crime scene. We noted that you would have to have fit through a tight small hallway, making it hard for Lavender, Nail, and Ben to go there. We found a rock covered in blood, a handprint on it and everything. There were skeletons too, I don’t know if they were relevant however. Carrie’s body was wet, especially around the face area where there was a small puddle. Her time of death was anywhere from 4am to 7am. She died of blunt force trauma instantly. We also noted how there was a lack of blood on the crime scene considering how Carrie had died. I drew a picture of it, here.”

Ciro takes out the stone tablet, and flips it over, revealing something he’d drawn with charcoal.

"What I did last night?" Lavender pauses, recalling what she experienced. "To summarize, after my performance, I grew very tired and went to my tent to rest. However, after a moment's passing, I became slightly reawakened by what sounded like a scream. Afterwards, I could hear the sound of sobbing...but I wasn't quite sure if my ears were simply tricking me, as I was quite exhausted. A longer while after, I even heard someone yelling in their sleep. Oh, how I hate myself for not getting up and seeing what was happening...Perhaps I could have even prevented this tragedy from occurring."

Lavender sighs deeply before continuing. "During our investigation, we found a small rock and a piece of paper containing the log Mister Ivanov and Mister Kennedy kept of the events that occurred in the night...Here it is."
Quote:
“Shift 1:
Officer on Shift: Ivan Ivanov
Time of Shift: 12:00 AM to 3:30 AM

Notes:

12:00 AM- Start of shift.
12:15 Am- Benjamin returns from wherever he went. Tried to get details from him but he wasn’t willing to elaborate. Very suspicious.
12:40 AM- Bennett asks to leave camp so he can go. Decided to let him but warned him not to take too long.
12:45 AM- Sebastian asks to leave camp. Seemed pretty nervous about it but he definitely needed to use the bathroom.
1:15 AM- Bennett returns back from going. Looked pretty dirty but didn’t want to talk about it.
1:20 AM- Sebastian returns from camp. Looked pretty scared about something. Insisted he just fell into the quicksand but there has to be something more. Need to keep an eye on him.
3:30 AM- End of Shift.

Shift 2:
Officer on Shift: Daniel Kennedy
Time of Shift: 3:30 AM to 8 AM

Notes:

3:30 AM- Start of shift.
7:10 AM- Nail wakes up. Asked to use the bathroom so I let him go.
7:45 AM- Nail comes back. Looked pretty pleased about himself.
8:00 AM- End of shift. ”
Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

fella

Oliver, whose formerly pristine white suit which now has a few mud stains on it, let out a sigh. "Pushing me in there, ruining my beauty, what was she thinking..." he grumbled, looking thoroughly displeased.

He huffed and crossed his arms. "Well, I'll go over what I did last night. It wasn't much, but, ah, hopefully it helps. I fell asleep around midnight, if I had to guess. Officer Ivanov was on watch at that time. A few hours later, I was roused from my slumber by a distant scream. I looked around outside, but didn't see anything. Officer Ivanov was back in bed by this time, so it must have happened after the end of his shift."

"I went back to sleep, but I eventually heard a strange noise... I don't know how to describe it. Like... whining, I suppose? Regardless, it gave me quite a lot of trouble with sleeping. Some time after that, I saw someone walk by my tent, but couldn't see who it was. Not long after that, I heard hushed talking in the distance. The odd whining noise seemed to stop after a while, though, and I also heard some rather... loud grunts coming from another tent? I was a bit perplexed by that. But, ah, that's all I did last night."

Shy guy

"This is... quite the elaborate affair," Seb commented as he took in the demon-magicked room. "None of this feels real, but we've no choice but to go along with it... and so I shall."

"Ciro covered most of our investigation. Daniel would also have been too large to fit in the gap. Benjamin might have been able to fit if it weren't for that iron ball.

"The small cave had a terrible stench to it, though that was perhaps unsurprising. Carrie had been in there for some hours, with minimal airflow to carry the smell out.

"The pair of skeletons were very, very old. Old enough for even their clothes to have decayed. I did find this on one of their hands, though," he said, showing everyone else a faded band of some sort, too faded to make out any details. "It's also pretty old.

"Klifford can tell you more about the autopsy. He found a torch that was dropped by her as well, though. The light was very weak, so it had probably been left on for a while. He thought the torch might have belonged to Carrie, and it was dented on one side, perhaps due to her dropping it in fright.

"Speaking of which, we found it odd that Carrie seemed not to have put up a fight at all. I would have thought she was strong and quick-witted enough to fight back, yet in the end it seems she was felled by a simple rock to the head.

"Lastly, as we left Ciro opted to stay behind for a little longer. That was probably when he drew that charcoal diagram."

"Before everyone went to sleep, I headed to the tunnel with stalagmites. I had already hid a bucket of tar from the hideout behind one of the stalagmites, and it was still there when I arrived. I set up a trap that people would step in--it's very hard to see in the dark after all. I didn't set up a trap in the other tunnel since the quicksand would leave a similar trail to the tar if someone stepped in it. I then headed back to camp and got grilled by Ivan, but I remained silent so he wouldn't know about the trap in case he snuck out.

"I awoke at some point in the middle of the night--Matt was having trouble sleeping, kicking and tossing about everywhere. I covered my ears and tried to sleep in spite of this, but he was still rather noisy. At some point I also noticed some talking nearby, and a whiny breathy noise somewhere far away. It felt somewhat piercing to my mind, but the noise stopped right before I fell back asleep. Then I woke up at 8 to eat breakfast.

"I searched the stalagmite tunnel with Ivan and Nail. The spikes were intact on the ceiling and floor, and Mr. Gardner was still untouched. We found my tar trap as well as two sets of footprints in it. The first one seemed to be from a rather elegant looking pair of shoes, going to and from the tunnel. Nail claimed these belonged to him as he went to the loo. The second seemed to be from someone who was barefoot, and strangely they were only going away from the tunnel. Nearby there were also some small black dots going into the tunnel too. None of those went on for long though and faded out rather quickly.

"We then checked out the altar. It looked like someone had been inside recently as some dust in the area had been wiped away, and there was an imprint on the ground of someone sleeping. We also noticed a safe in the corner of the room that had been tinkered with recently, but we couldn't open it. And the bowl in the center of the room was missing."

Benjamin took a deep breath. "That's all I have to add."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"What a farce." Daniel grunts in annoyance. "Let's get this over with, soldiers. Determination will be the key."

Daniel crosses his arms, raising his hat. "As for what I was doing, it's pretty simple. I kept watch for the times described and nothing happened. Apparently they found the paper we put our discoveries in, and that's all you need to know. The only soldier I saw leaving the base was Nail, and that's it. We spoke for a bit, but it was just small talk. At eight AM, I woke up the rest of you, and the rest is history."

He pauses for a bit, recalling something else. "I went lookin' around with Matt and Bennett in the jungle area. The boulders there got removed, somehow, fucked if I know. They looked destroyed for sure. Inside, there wasn't much useful. Just random shit lying around. There was a rope or something next to the entrance, near a first aid kit. Also a golden watch, one of the ones the kids these days wear to hit on women. Probably fake-ass gold, but that's not my business. There were some tools too, a hammer and a shovel. Looked to be used pretty well I'd say. Nothing other than that. Matt then kicked a box over and, surprise surprise, we found a random ass tunnel. We were about to go in like real soldiers, but then Satan, or the demon, or whatever that thing is, called everyone for the tribunal. We didn't get a chance to check."

Charlie had been glaring daggers at Ciro throughout his entire testimony. Once she had the chance, she leaned on her podium and began explaining.

"Okay, fine. I guess there's really no way around that part, so might as well start there. That hideout? It's mine and Brandy's. It was mostly just a place where I kept the stuff I stole that didn't go to the town. Oh, and by the way, you're welcome for all that food! Though I guess feeding you all is just what I do every day.

"Anyways, there's the waterfall entrance, yeah, but there's also a secret one behind some vines in that overgrown tunnel, which you all just walked past like idiots. With that, you don't have to get wet every time you walk in! Nifty, huh?" she seemed very proud, like a child talking about a drawing they made that got pinned on the fridge.

"So last night, I think it was like 4 AM, me and Mother Hen went over to check the place. We got past Daniel really easily, and I think we're just that good, but he might've been sleeping on the job or something, I wouldn't know, it's not like I stopped to ask him. We got to the hideout at about 4:30. We just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything in there that popped out as being ours or anything.

"And then! That asshole," she pointed at Ciro, "snuck up behind Brandy, and knocked her out! Because I guess beating up armless women is his idea of a good time! And after I valiantly rushed to protect her, he knocked me out too. But I get it. No witnesses that way, huh?

"Assault and battery aside, there was something else in the hideout that's been bothering me. Did any of you take some tools from it? I could've sworn I left a few there a while ago, but I couldn't find them.

"But, back on track, yeah, I fought Ciro and blacked out. I dunno what happened after that, aside from later waking up to Kliff and Brandy talking. My head was killing me, I was dizzy as hell, and now that I think about it I can't even remember the fight, just that it happened. So, thanks for the head trauma, mr. karate master!

"Whatever. Me and Brandy went back to our tent, I tried to get some sleep, and woke up with that megaphone the morning after with everyone else. Not much to add that everyone here didn't see with their own eyes.

"Speaking of nothing to add, our investigation was a bust. We only found the quicksand all messed up, like people jumped into it, and two sets of footprints coming out of the pit and towards the camp, one bigger and one smaller so prolly different people. Weird thing is, the smaller set just cuts off at one point. The big one keeps going, but the small one just... Stops. I dunno what's with that. We couldn't follow it before we had to come back for this tribunal, so that's that for all we found out."

fella

"Ah, so the secret tunnel I happened to find led to your hideout," Oliver added in response to Charlie. "That's why you two seemed so adamant about not investigating it..."

"Way to go, leaving out the fact that you pushed me into the quicksand and ruined my suit and beautiful visage..." he grumbled, crossing his arms.

"Ah, so that was your food?" Benjamin clapped at Charlie. "Thank you! We are in your debt."

He dropped the smile and thought for a second. "There is one other thing I wanted to bring up. This could be irrelevant, but when Ivan and I were questioning Nail he made sure to clarify that he went about his business 'after Carrie was murdered'. But we had no idea when Carrie was murdered until this trial began."

Collin1002 wrote:
"Way to go, leaving out the fact that you pushed me into the quicksand and ruined my suit and beautiful visage..." he grumbled, crossing his arms.

"That was an accident! Come on." she said, waving her hand dismissively. "You want me to apologize?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Ah, so that was your food?" Benjamin clapped at Charlie. "Thank you! We are in your debt."

"And thank you, Ben! I'm glad someone here appreciates me."

Just a guy online.

JesusMonroe wrote:
He dropped the smile and thought for a second. "There is one other thing I wanted to bring up. This could be irrelevant, but when Ivan and I were questioning Nail he made sure to clarify that he went about his business 'after Carrie was murdered'. But we had no idea when Carrie was murdered until this trial began."

Nail shook his head. "Sir Benjamin, your words wound me! Though I can explain myself."

He idly threw his hand to the side. "I merely have sleep issues that preclude me from getting much rest, mostly stemming from my position as an advisor. I get visitors at all times of day and night, so I have taken to sleeping lightly when I can get any rest. I am quite certain many people also heard the scream that rent the air in the middle of the night; would it truly be so hard to connect the scream to Miss Carrie's unfortunate demise?"

Just another day.

Matt scratched his head trying to remember everything.
"Well lets see...I passed out at 12 AM and had some dumb ass dream, didnt wake up at all and woke up at 8:10 to that dumbass" Matt pointed at daniel. "was still as tired as shit and got up to see why the hell I needed to be woken up like that for.

"As for Investigating and shit, after looking around we found that entrance to the crimescene, whats odd was the rocks that were covering the entrance there were gone." Matt scratches his chin. "afterwards we continued looking around till we found something near the waterfall in the pond we found a damn raincoat, afterwards we entered the waterfall and went in the hideout, which smelled like shit...smell didnt seem like it had been there that long either."

"In the hideout we found some rope, and a first aid kit next to it, along with a damn gold watch just lying there. from there we found some tools there as well a pickaxe, shovel, and a hammer, shit had dirt all over um."

"After all that fuckery had wasted my time, ended up kicking a box over ended up finding a tunnel...shame we didnt have time to explore it. lets see was there anything else?" Matt thought hard for a second and scratched his head. "Fucking shit...hey belfa...belfu...uhh...demon guy cut a guy a break here, I need a beer id be able to think much better with some beer!"

Happy Maria

"Hmph... You humans and your addictions." Belphegor shakes his head. "If you truly desire some of your beloved alcohol, you may go and find some of it yourself. There isn't much chance you'll find any scattered about these empty tunnels, though."

"I didn't finish the beer you gave me, just took a sip or two." Benjamin neatly tossed the beer to Matt's podium without spilling it. "Probably flat by now."

SaizotheSixth wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Nail shook his head. "Sir Benjamin, your words wound me! Though I can explain myself."

He idly threw his hand to the side. "I merely have sleep issues that preclude me from getting much rest, mostly stemming from my position as an advisor. I get visitors at all times of day and night, so I have taken to sleeping lightly when I can get any rest. I am quite certain many people also heard the scream that rent the air in the middle of the night; would it truly be so hard to connect the scream to Miss Carrie's unfortunate demise?"

"Well... maybe it wasn't her. If she didn't even defend herself then I don't see why she'd scream--she was probably snuck up on." Benjamin frowned, thinking about the perplexing scenario. "But yeah, I get your point. You assumed the scream was when she died."
Page 20 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus