Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 22 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

"Interesting," Ciro smiles, putting it down. "Say, might be a long shot, but do you think we can compare people's fingerprints? Like, wipe your fingers against these podiums, see if you can create a fingerprint this way."

Ciro proceeds to do just that.

Happy Maria

Unfortunately, with the fingerprints on the rock themselves appearing smudged it doesn't appear comparing handprints will be of much use.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southern Corn wrote:
The rock Ciro holds seems to has blood on it, covered over a good deal of it. In one area without blood is a handprint, clearly from the left hand. It appears averaged sized, though clearly not as huge as Daniel's or as petite as Shizune, nor is it as dirty as Carrie's would be. It seems to have fingerprints on it, albeit somewhat smudged, unlike the metallic hand of Lavender. Everyone seems to be somewhat shocked Ciro had this with him.

Judging by Shizune's bewildered blinking at the apparent murder weapon, she certainly was.

Code:
Dear Mr. Pérez,

If you had this all along, why didn't we simply compare prints from the beginning?

Regards,
Shizune Takata

"I forgot, was more focused on catching criminals," Ciro shrugged. "Speaking of things I forgot..."

He turns to Seb.

"We never heard your alibi did we? Would you mind saying it for us?"

Shy guy

A rare expression briefly passed over Seb's face: was he embarrassed?

"Oh, is that so? Um, alright then, I can talk about that now," he said.

"Early in the night I got up to go to the bathroom. Judging by Ivan's log, I passed by him at 12:45. He quizzed me on my intentions for a while. Talking to him was... difficult, but I soon managed to get permission. Down in the jungle cavern I briefly spotted Bennett so found a private area to do my business in. I saw Carrie in there at one point, like he did. I then headed back to the camp, but I was tired and it was dark, so I ended up falling into the quicksand pit like an idiot. I spent a while cleaning myself off, which is probably why my footprints cut off at some point, but there was a limit to how much of that I could do. It sounds like Ivan still managed to spot that I was in a bit of a state, and pressed me for answers, which was again stressful.

"After returning to the camp I cleaned off some more, then went to bed. I heard Daniel talking with Ivan as I drifted off, presumably them changing guard.

"At some point I was woken up by a loud thrashing noise and a grunt. Maybe Matt sleeping restlessly? I heard some talking outside, and noticed Klifford had left the tent. I also heard a... rhythmic rumbling, of sorts, from somewhere in the camp. It sounded like snoring, but I'm sure there were no tents in that direction. Was it Daniel? It, um, seems likely that he may have fallen asleep on the job given prior testimonies. Anyway, I heard another grunt from somewhere nearby, as well as a distant whining noise. Sometime after that I fell asleep again."

"Hm," Ciro looked at Seb. "So if I may ask you a few questions. When you saw Carrie, was she wearing a raincoat? Or did she appear to have any tar on her?"

"Now that I think about it, the crying was probably piercing into my mind because Carrie was in pain!" Benjamin stated as if it should've been obvious. "Perhaps that 'treasure' she was so keen on finding was the skeletons she found?"

Shy guy

Lone wrote:
"Hm," Ciro looked at Seb. "So if I may ask you a few questions. When you saw Carrie, was she wearing a raincoat? Or did she appear to have any tar on her?"

"Actually, I had a theory about that. But no, I didn't see either of those things on her. She was too far away and I mostly recognised her by the smell. She may well have had a raincoat on," Seb replied. "Anyway, as far as I can tell, Micah left the camp after Carrie did. But Micah didn't encounter the tar trap, which would imply Benjamin left it afterwards. Therefore Carrie wouldn't have walked through the tar trap at any point. Maybe someone took off their shoes to sneak past the tar trap and make it look like it was Carrie?"

Happy Maria

"Kee, the skeletons? Ms. Carrie wouldn't be interested in just uncovering some bones! Unless you're saying she knew them, but how could she have been able to tell who they were if there was barely a thing with them?" Bruce asked genuinely, a look of confusion on his face.

"Seb, What you're saying seems to add up! If Ms. Carrie was the one who destroyed all those rocks, she would have taken hours and hours to do so! I don't think she'd come back to the base camp for any reason, so those footprints had to belong to someone else! I have no idea what their intent could have been though, kee!"

“I have no idea.” Benjamin gave an emphatic shrug. “But I do know there are very few things that could make someone cry that long besides the death of a loved one.”

A few seconds pass.

“Actually, there are a few other things... no, quite a bit of things. But still. I believe I am right.”

Southern Corn wrote:
"Kee, the skeletons? Ms. Carrie wouldn't be interested in just uncovering some bones! Unless you're saying she knew them, but how could she have been able to tell who they were if there was barely a thing with them?" Bruce asked genuinely, a look of confusion on his face.

"Hey, what about the band one of them had? If she recognized the band, she'd recognize the skeletons!" Charlie said, apparently now used to talking to a bat. "Besides, at this point it would seem stranger if she didn't recognize them, with all the crying."

Happy Maria

"T-the band? She recognised them...? Kee, I..."

"H-h-h-h..." Belphegor's twisted laughter suddenly echoes throughout the altar. People give him an unnerved glance. "Oh, what is it, Belphy?! Cut it out!" Charlie yells.

"Hmph. You don't have to be so rude." Belphegor shakes his head. "If anything, I must congratulate everyone in this room right now. You have made quite the bit of progress...h-h-h."

"You're not saying... they're right?" Bruce squeaks meekly.

"But I am." Belphegor looks up quietly. "It seems not many of you here know the gruesome history of what happened here years back, though."

"Wait, what on earth happened over here?" Brandy asks. "Is this something to do with Carrie?"

"Yes, please elucidate this matter to us", Oliver insists.

"...Very well, just this once I shall oblige. You have the general idea figured out, just not the specifics. Let me enlighten you, then."

Belphegor stares down at the people below. An ominous, frightening air suddenly becomes present in the room.

"These caves used to be quite a great place once before. Not all of you are aware of this, but deep down there were diamonds. Down below, the Rattlewater diamond mines thrived."

"Oh, I think I might remember that back from when I was a kid!" Charlie recalls, "I did really want to steal something from there, too... It's not operational anymore though, is it?"

"Ah... I might have heard about this from the mayor when trying to persuade him to explore more of these wonderful tunnels." Micah says. "He seemed adamant about further exploration because of some accident that had happened down in the mines."

Belphegor gives a small nod. "Quite right... over a decade back, the mines simply... collapsed, you could say. It was reported as an accident, but some had their doubts. Either way, the event was catastrophic. The destruction and decimation that occurred here... Not a single miner who was within at the time of the collapse was said to have survived. Their bodies were never recovered, ever... They were said to be missing, but that was a mere formality. A formality... to all but one."

"One girl, whose parents were both part of the great diamond mines and were lost in the accident, believed. She believed that her parents were still alive, simply hiding in the caves somewhere for her to find. And thus, she moved inside, living inside the cramped and dark tunnels for most of her life. All for the sake of her family... To reunite with them once and for all."

"That can't be... Carrie?" Brandy murmurs. "That was the accident that...?"

"Indeed. The girl was captivated by her goal, of uncovering her 'lost treasure'. She had tunneled in, quite literally, on her objective and had been seeking it for a long time. Years and years had been dedicated to her mission. And today... That much should be clear to you. The wedding band on the skeleton... Belonged to the mother of the girl. It was something she wouldn't forget in her whole life."

There was a solemn silence in the room for a few moments after Belphegor delivered on his story. Then, he spoke up once more. "Now that you have these details, I believe you can now fill in the blanks. I would like for somebody to simply provide a short summary of the victim's movements tonight, as well as perhaps what happened in that dark, pungent tunnel where those ghosts of long past were discovered."

"Ms. Carrie, you..." Bruce seemed at a loss for words, sorrow evident on his cute little bat face.

"Poor, poor Miss Carrie...It is simply horrible what happened to her dear parents. At least she may now be finally reunited with them..." Lavender mutters, holding her metallic hands to her heart.

"So...how exactly did she find the skeletons? Was it simply by chance?" The ballerina asks.

"At some point in the middle of the night Carrie went to the hideout and got the tools and raincoat from it. She began to remove the boulders for several hours until she heard Charlie scream, at which point she knocked Ciro out and untied Brandy and Charlie. She then returned to the tunnel she had unearthed, and found the bodies of her parents. The killer tracked her from the sounds of her sobbing, and finished her off from there." Benjamin summarized the whole affair without much detail or emotion. "Obviously that's not the full picture... I'm not sure why we found the raincoat where we did for one."

He raised three fingers up. "But we do know three things about the killer. One, she was killed when the sobbing stopped. This narrows down the suspect pool considerably. Two, the killer needed some way to cover up themselves from the blood. And three, the bare footprints in the tar did not belong to Carrie. This means they could only belong to the killer."

Shy guy

"So that's the story... Certainly, it all lines up," Seb nodded, expressionless. "I suppose that was the 'treasure' she'd wanted Brandy's help in finding."

"Anyway, is it possible the killer wore the discarded raincoat, which caught the blood splatter, and then they washed it off under the waterfall? Or would that leave visible blood in the water?"

Happy Maria

"Kee... Ms. Carrie.... I never had any idea you were..." Bruce seemed to be quite sad. Looking at the others, it squeaked, "Benjamin's account seems to be mostly true... But I think Ms. Carrie could have simply thrown away the tools and the raincoat once she was done using them. The tools were found back in the hideout, so she must have returned them after taking care of Ciro... Which means she must have finished finding the entrance to the caves. Since she was done with the hideout, too, she could have thrown away the raincoat where the others found it."

"But the killer's actions I do not understand. Perhaps they could have worn the raincoat and washed off the blood afterwards but... why? What were their motives? It would have been easy to sneak up on Ms. Carrie in her state then, since she wouldn't even put up a fight. But why would they kill her then? I... I don't understand..."

"Now would be a good time to note that you haven't quite discussed the killer's movements in great detail yet." Belphegor reminded.

KamiPanda wrote:
"So that's the story... Certainly, it all lines up," Seb nodded, expressionless. "I suppose that was the 'treasure' she'd wanted Brandy's help in finding."

"Anyway, is it possible the killer wore the discarded raincoat, which caught the blood splatter, and then they washed it off under the waterfall? Or would that leave visible blood in the water?"

"I believe we would have noticed at least some traces of blood in the water...Therefore I do not believe that is what happened. The killer must have hid the blood on them in some other way. Perhaps they used some sort of cloth to wipe themselves off upon returning to their tent?"

Shy guy

Seb shook his head firmly. "I would have noticed if anyone tried to just rub the blood off. It would be very difficult to hide even a small stain: I'm used to picking out each and every speck of dirt in a location that I'm cleaning."

[Important clarification but the barefoot footprints are going towards the base camp. And I guess the black dots that are going in the tunnel could somehow belong to the same person]

"I have another theory." Benjamin's face was grim. "Perhaps it was Carrie's death that summoned Belphegor in the first place. We still don't know what exactly called him, but it's reasonable to me to assume it has something to do with the missing altar bowl. Perhaps the killer used some sort of blanket to cover themselves when killing Carrie, and burnt it in the bowl afterwards? Then the only place the bowl could be logically discarded is either in the quicksand or the abyss beneath the bridge... but that may be unlikely since it'd have to be snuck into camp."

Benjamin sighed. "To me, the most likely suspects are Micah and Daniel. But it's worth mentioning that Ciro, Klifford, and Brandy don't have alibis for when Carrie died either. But I find Micah suspicious because she was in the room where the altar bowl went missing. And Daniel is the only one with the opportunity to dispose of the bowl in a place that's not the quicksand pit."

Happy Maria

[For clarification, the killer could've worn the raincoat and placed it into the waterfall and have it wash off over time if needed. If they washed themselves normally though, Seb would have noticed something off.]

Shy guy

"That reminds me, I had two questions for Micah," Seb said, turning to her. "Firstly, did you see the bowl while in there? And secondly, was it you who messed around with the safe in there? Can you tell us any more about that?"

"As for the black dots, my guess is that it's a trail of something dripping, though if you're suggesting something was burned then maybe it's a trail of ashes?"

Happy Maria

"H-h-h..." Belphegor laughs once more. "My summoning, hmm? Let me clarify something for you all."

"THE TAINTED IS NOT IN ANY WAY RELATED TO MY SUMMONING. THEY DID NOT KNOW THAT I WAS GOING TO APPEAR TODAY."

"I would advise that you don't think about it too much. The quicksand had two spillages by Bennett and Sebastian this night. It is quite shallow as well, so people would have surely noticed anything within. Additionally, NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE REGARDING THE CASE IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ABYSS."

"While we're asking questions, I wanna know what's going on with Daniel." Charlie said, pointing at the drill sargeant. "Waaay too many people got past you last night. I get me and Brandy, but even Ciro? Do you have any proof you were at your post that night?"

"If there's nothing in the abyss or quicksand, then the only place the altar bowl could be is either the safe or the secret tunnel." Benjamin said, remembering that the secret tunnel wasn't investigated.

Happy Maria

"H-h-h... I'm afraid to disappoint once more, Benjamin, but THERE IS NOTHING OF RELEVANCE TO THIS CASE IN EITHER THE SECRET TUNNEL OR THE SAFE."

Shy guy

DootDootDoot wrote:
"While we're asking questions, I wanna know what's going on with Daniel." Charlie said, pointing at the drill sargeant. "Waaay too many people got past you last night. I get me and Brandy, but even Ciro? Do you have any proof you were at your post that night?"

"I may have heard him snoring during his watch," Seb said. "I heard what seemed to be snoring from somewhere in the camp, but it wasn't from any of the tents. And twice Brandy was able to get past him, at his post, without him realising."

Code:
Dear Stars,

Should we search one another for the missing bowl, then?

Yours truly,
Shizune Takata

Sock

"God, that thing is still fuckin' creepy..." Bennett keeps glancing at Belphegor's direction as he speaks. "But yeah, nothing in that damn pit."

"I think Charlie brings up a good point, as annoying as she may be. Daniel way too stern to just pass out in the middle of the night as well. He and Copper know each other, yeah? Does that seem like something that he'd just do?" He turns to face Ivan, waiting for an answer.

[black dots were definitely the tar]

Benjamin sneezed.

Happy Maria

Bruce screeched, caught off guard by Benjamin's sneeze. "Kee, are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Benjamin wiped his nose with his sleeve. "Seb, does Klifford have any friends besides you? Does he have a family? Siblings?" Benjamin looked at Klifford too as he asked that.

Shy guy

Seb blinked in surprise. "Um..." He glanced back and forth between Klifford and Benjamin awkwardly. "Sh-shouldn't Klifford be the one to answer that? I'm only a random patient of his, it's not like we're particularly close."

"You're right, I just thought I might get an answer out of you faster." Benjamin smiled like a cheeky bastard. "But yes, I'm sure Klifford will know best."

He then quickly changed subjects. "Also, I had a thought. The black dots were consistent with the toes of the bare footprints. So maybe someone stepped in the tar, walked a few feet out, walked back in their own footprints, and then tiptoed back to a place where they could wash their feet off?"

Happy Maria

[There was only one set of barefoot footprints near the tar, making it unlikely for someone to have done that. Also the tar itself fades away quickly and the nearest source of water is the waterfall which is pretty far away so it wouldn't be likely the killer washed anything off there.]

Shizune frowned and tapped the side of her typewriter in annoyance.

[Ok so apparently the black dots aren’t the same size and they’re slightly smaller than the toes of the other footprints. Like they still match up somewhat. Also the tar was kinda slippery so it would be tricky to tiptoe on something something Benjamin sneezes again.]

Happy Maria

"Is this about your earlier proposal, Shizune?" Belphegor asks. "Well, I can save you some time there."

"THE BOWL IS NOT WITH ANYBODY IN THIS ROOM. FURTHERMORE, IT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY CLUES AS TO THE IDENTITY OF THE TAINTED."

"I recommend not wasting your time on locating it. You may have better luck with pursuing other avenues", he quickly adds.

Shizune sighed silently.

Code:
Dear Stars,

To my understanding, the bare prints in the tar seem to be leading towards the camp, yet the toe-shaped dots of tar are in the direction of the jungle, correct? Is it possible someone simply walked through the tar backwards in order to confuse us?

Regards,
Shizune Takata

“That’s what I had said, but no. It’s not possible.”

Happy Maria

"Kee, maybe we should focus more on the killer's movements and what they were thinking!" Bruce suggests. "We've already had certain sightings of them, we just need to put it together! We already know that they woke up to look into Ms. Carrie crying. Let's maybe consider that when thinking about what they were doing!"
Page 22 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus