Why?

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

“I’m not sure. The bat said it was unlikely, so I took his word for it.”

Code:
Dear Mr. Bledsoe,

Your suggestion seems to imply someone would have walked from the jungle to the camp, am I right? Mine was suggesting that person started at the camp and walked to the jungle.

Confusedly yours,
Shizune Takata

Shy guy

"But then how did their footprints start at the camp, where there's no tar? The footprints led from the tar towards the camp."

“I assumed it was the ‘walking on footprints’ that was unlikely, so the direction didn’t seem relevant.” Benjamin guessed.

No other way than to make this mistake.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"While we're asking questions, I wanna know what's going on with Daniel." Charlie said, pointing at the drill sargeant. "Waaay too many people got past you last night. I get me and Brandy, but even Ciro? Do you have any proof you were at your post that night?"

"My proof is in the log, soldier. I was at my post. That much is a fact." Daniel states, quite matter of factly, but then immediately turns away, facing the wall. He lowers his hat a bit, seeming quite wounded by the accusation.

He pauses for a bit, contemplating his answer. He then speaks up again. "... Fine, soldiers. I slacked on my post. I suddenly felt very tired, so I fell asleep. I don't know the exact time, but Carrie and Micah had not returned yet. That's all."

KamiPanda wrote:
"But then how did their footprints start at the camp, where there's no tar? The footprints led from the tar towards the camp."

Shizune blinked, wrote a new message, then lowered her eyes as she passed it over the top of her podium.

Code:
Dear Mr. Torr,

My apologies, it seems I am very confused about the details of the tunnels. I was under the impression the footprints were IN the tar, not on the cavern floor.

Regretfully yours,
Shizune Takata

Shy guy

"That gives a potential killer an opening to move freely, then," Seb stated. "From maybe 4 until 7.

"Also, one other thing. Micah mentioned hearing footsteps outside the entrance to the altar room at around 5:30. Could that have been Brandy? Or was it the person who left the prints in the tar trap, the 'presence' Brandy felt on her way to the camp?"

He nodded in acknowledgement when Shizune passed around her latest letter. "Ah, I understand what you meant now. Certainly this whole footprint affair is quite a mess."

The American Dream

"Could it have been me, though? I was on my way to the left tunnel, which ain't really near the altar room," Brandy inquired. "Also, if Benjamin was the one who set up the trap, the presence couldn't have been him, since he was in his tent at 5:30."

Last edited by WinterCoat on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"Yeah, it seems more likely that it was the killer. At the time Micah heard the footprints, you were heading away from the twin passages, back towards the camp," Seb replied. "I was just getting a little muddled with that period of time you were alone while Klifford went ahead, but that would have been a little after Micah heard the footsteps, I think."

The American Dream

KamiPanda wrote:
"Yeah, it seems more likely that it was the killer. At the time Micah heard the footprints, you were heading away from the twin passages, back towards the camp," Seb replied. "I was just getting a little muddled with that period of time you were alone while Klifford went ahead, but that would have been a little after Micah heard the footsteps, I think."

"Wasn't alone too long, really. I took literally a minute to get myself together and follow him to the hideout."

fella

Oliver put a hand to his chin in thought. "Hmm... One other thing I believe could be of value is that there was a gap between the figure I saw and the hushed talking I heard. Personally, I thought the figure was leaving the camp, not entering the camp or going into a tent or... something." He shrugged.

"In any case, if the hushed talking I heard was Brandy fetching Klifford, it doesn't line up with the figure I saw move past my tent sometime before. Perhaps this could be of importance?" he suggested.

The American Dream

Collin1002 wrote:
Oliver put a hand to his chin in thought. "Hmm... One other thing I believe could be of value is that there was a gap between the figure I saw and the hushed talking I heard. Personally, I thought the figure was leaving the camp, not entering the camp or going into a tent or... something." He shrugged.

"In any case, if the hushed talking I heard was Brandy fetching Klifford, it doesn't line up with the figure I saw move past my tent sometime before. Perhaps this could be of importance?" he suggested.

"Weren't you still hearin' things even after Kliff n' I left?" Brandy asked, rubbing her chin.

KamiPanda wrote:
"That reminds me, I had two questions for Micah," Seb said, turning to her. "Firstly, did you see the bowl while in there? And secondly, was it you who messed around with the safe in there? Can you tell us any more about that?"

"Now that I think about it, the bowl was there when I went in, but I couldn't see it anywhere by the time I woke up this morning." She replied like she wasn't like an hour late. "Also, I examined the safe but couldn't figure out how to open it, so I left it alone. It didn't look like anyone had messed around with it back then though."
Signature loading, please wait...

Shy guy

"So then... Oliver saw the killer leave the camp, Brandy felt them walk past in the main tunnel, then they used some strange method to cross the tar pit (which they had no way to know about) and walked through the spike tunnel, which Micah heard," Seb summarised. "They were drawn by Carrie's crying, so the timing lines up with 5:30."

Happy Maria

"Kee, it seems to be quite likely! The timing matches quite closely. I doubt either Ms. Brandy or Ms. Micah would lie about a thing, especially without knowing of what they each saw. And it couldn't have been Ms. Brandy, since they were in separate tunnels. So it's now looking like the killer was in the tunnel at 5:30, making their way to where Ms. Carrie was! It does seem to be that the footprints and the black dots are theirs as well! Since that's the case, we can say that they went up from the base camp to investigate Ms. Carrie crying! Oliver's account seems to line up with the fact. So they left shortly before 5:30... 5:25, let's say? And then they passed through the tunnel and saw Brandy rush by... Then they somehow made it over the tar trap and passed the altar, where Ms. Micah heard them... The murder itself must have happened around 5:45 to 5:50, kee!" Bruce says. "Then they simply must have walked back to the base camp and taken rest."

"But then how did they get over?" Benjamin asks. "They must have left the small toeprints when entering, but then while coming they left full footprints. What's up with that?"

"Kee, good question! If they were going to investigate the crying initially, though, they mustn't have cared about faking any footprints. When coming back though... I have no idea. Maybe they were simply just too taken aback by what they had one and forgotten about the trap. Either way, the more important question is how did they get across the tar trap while entering the tunnels? Since what you see is what you get, we need to look at what's there and see what we can do! There has to be an explanation for how this all happened."

"As far as possibilities go, anyone in a tent who could have left undisturbed could have passed by Daniel. Regarding the footprints, is there a way someone could have created a bridge of some sort..? Although, the smaller footprints have me believe the killer stepped in the tar."

Shy guy

"Well, we can look at who's unlikely to be the killer, to start us off," Seb said.

"It can't be Ciro, Charlie, Brandy or Klifford, who were occupied and accounted for at the time.

"It can't be Micah, who wasn't in the camp to begin with.

"It can't be Daniel, Lavender, Nail or Benjamin, who can't fit into the crime scene.

"It can't be Daniel, Lavender, Matt, me or Shizune, as we were all seen by Klifford as he was leaving the camp.

"That only leaves Oliver, Bennett. Though that doesn't seem quite right either," Seb concluded. "Does anyone have any objections or anything to add?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"That only leaves Oliver, Bennett. Though that doesn't seem quite right either," Seb concluded. "Does anyone have any objections or anything to add?"

"Uhhhh..." Charlotte grunted, out of ideas. "... Oliver's a big wuss. Maybe he wouldn't step on the tar?"

The American Dream

"It can't be Oliver, since he saw someone, I'm guessin' the killer, leave camp," Brandy said. "Unless he's lyin' and actin' all slippery like an eel."

fella

WinterCoat wrote:
"It can't be Oliver, since he saw someone, I'm guessin' the killer, leave camp," Brandy said. "Unless he's lyin' and actin' all slippery like an eel."

"I can assure you that I've been completely honest throughout this entire tribunal," Oliver replied, a little surprised that he was being suspected, but kept his cool.

"Besides, Bennett was willing to side with Belphegor to save his own arse! Perhaps he'd be willing to stoop to murder as well," he added, crossing his arms.

Happy Maria

"If the killer used a bridge using something, it would've been found in the investigation, soaked in tar and everything, kee!" Bruce shakes his head. "If you guys are having trouble with this, there's still the question of where all the missing blood in the crime scene went as well. I have a feeling the two are interlinked..."

"Wait, I have a suggestion. If the killer walked through the tar trap, and they wouldn't have been able to wash it off, there should still be imprints on their feet, right? Since they walked barefoot and all." Bennett says.

"Sure, let's go with that." Ciro nods. Everyone doesn't seem to have an objection. Slowly, they all take off their shoes and boots, with the exception of Lavender, who claims her ballerina shoes are stuck to her. And as they take their shoes off...

Spoiler:
They see nothing.

Some people's feet seem dusty, and Bennett/Sebastian's feet are muddy from the quicksand, but there doesn't appear to be any traces of tar anywhere.

Everyone looked at each other, perplexed. What could this mean...?

Collin1002 wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:

"I can assure you that I've been completely honest throughout this entire tribunal," Oliver replied, a little surprised that he was being suspected, but kept his cool.

"Besides, Bennett was willing to side with Belphegor to save his own arse! Perhaps he'd be willing to stoop to murder as well," he added, crossing his arms.

"Agreed. He also has a dirty mind."

*SLAM!*"

"Let us sentence him!"

"I should add that as far as I know, Mister Rodarte was asleep the whole night in the tent with me." Lavender specifies. "He was there when I heard the scream and the sobbing, as well as when I heard Daniel yelling in his sleep."

Charlotte put her shoes back on, muttering a complaint about the floor being cold. "Okay, and how about her?"

She was pointing at Lavender. "She keeps saying she can't take her shoes off, but how can we be so sure? I want proof, I'm tired of having no leads!"

Shy guy

"Klifford, what exactly did you see of Lavender when you woke up at 5:30?" Seb suddenly asked. "And... um, Bennett, can you tell us anything about Lavender's movements last night?"

DootDootDoot wrote:
Charlotte put her shoes back on, muttering a complaint about the floor being cold. "Okay, and how about her?"

She was pointing at Lavender. "She keeps saying she can't take her shoes off, but how can we be so sure? I want proof, I'm tired of having no leads!"

"Unfortunately, I am unable to take off any shoes, as I have no shoes to put on in the first place, Miss Church." Lavender utters, looking down at her metallic legs.

TheLetterF wrote:
"Unfortunately, I am unable to take off any shoes, as I have no shoes to put on in the first place, Miss Church." Lavender utters, looking down at her metallic legs.

Charlotte also looked down at Lavender's legs. "... You're weird. You're a weird fucking robot."

This isn't even that weird, she's just mad.

Happy Maria

"H-h-h.... Troubled once more, are we?" Belphegor chuckles.

"This isn't fuckin' funny, demon!" Matt shouts. "We're stuck with all this bullshit, y'know?!"

"Hmph. Worry not." He shakes his head. "Every good game... Has its own number of segments to spice everything up. And this killing game is no exception."

"How do you mean?" Oliver raises an eyebrow.

"Well... see for yourselves." The demon snaps his finger, and words hover over him, where everyone can see it.

Spoiler: Lifelines
Lifelines
These are special actions you can take to help solve the case. Each lifeline can only be used once throughout the entire game, so use them wisely! Also, lifelines can’t be used to give an answer that would directly identify the culprit, or point too strongly at the culprit.

Hangman’s Gambit (UNAVAILABLE): All the characters jointly decide on a question to ask. The answer will be hidden, but each character gets to guess a letter. Two wrong guesses (or multiple, depending on the length of the answer) and the minigame ends. Order can be decided before minigame, but no discussion on which letters to guess can take place.

Scrum Debate (UNAVAILABLE): Two (or multiple) characters can argue on a point, at the end it’ll be revealed which side was closer to the correct answer.

Climax Reasoning (UNAVAILABLE): One character is chosen to put together a numbered list of everything they know about the case. At the end, they’ll be told the first three items that were incorrect.

Logic Dive (UNAVAILABLE): One player is chosen to answer multiple choice questions about the case in a rapid fire manner. The event itself takes place in public. Others may talk to the player about what to do but only the player themselves may make the decision. It ends when two incorrect answers have been given or the point of discussion for the dive has been resolved.

[You may feel free to vote for a lifeline now, if you feel it's needed which you probably do so.]

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

"Let's not jump to a lifeline yet." Benjamin assured everyone. "Just to be clear, can the killer not be Bennett? Are we satisfied with Lavender's alibi for him? Do we believe it to be Oliver, just unable to prove it?"

The American Dream

"I don't know what to think," Brandy said, sounding disheartened. "But I don't think we need a lifeline for this. We got this far without one."

"The killer must've cleaned their feet, right? So what about Oliver? He's a big wuss, maybe he has something in his tent to clean feet or whatever." Charlie said, completely recycling her earlier argument and yet somehow reaching the opposite conclusion.

"Someone would have seen him cleaning his feet at the camp, no?" Ivan asked. "I can't think of many places to clean your feet aside from the waterfall, but I do not know if that's possible considering the circumstances."

Happy Maria

"Kee, if there was something present in the tents, the group investigating there would've spotted something off!"

Sock

KamiPanda wrote:
"And... um, Bennett, can you tell us anything about Lavender's movements last night?"

“Lavender was still in the tent when I got back from my incident in the quicksand. When I got up from al the noise in the middle of the night, she was totally still. A little freaky, but given that she’s a machine, it makes sense I figure. Probably shut off or somethin’.”

Bennett then looks over to Oliver with a bit of a frown. “Oh, come on. My work is professional. I wouldn’t take out a cave gremlin unless someone paid me to.”

“And if we’re under the assumption that the killer had to clean themselves, well, it sure as hell can’t be me.” He tugs at one of his muddy sleeves, and points to his muddy boots. “Was gonna clean off this morning, but never got the chance.”

fella

Oliver looked genuinely offended. "Wha-- If I'm such a big wuss, what makes you think I'd be able to stomach taking an innocent person's life?!" he retorted to Charlie.

He took in a breath to calm himself down. "And yes, thank you, Officer Ivanov! It would very likely be impossible to clean one's feet off at the waterfall, given the circumstances. So... that begs the question as to how the killer was able to do that."

"Bloody hell should we just turn the key and see if there's someone inside Lavender?" Benjamin slapped his forehead like he knew how ridiculous that thought was. "Better not leave a stone unturned..."

"Okay, well..." Charlotte rubbed her forehead, trying to dislodge some new accusation.

"... If you can't clean the tar, what if you got your feet even dirtier so we can't see the tar anymore?!" she said, snapping her fingers. "If your feet were all dirty from quicksand, we wouldn't be able to tell they were all dirty from tar!"

fella

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Okay, well..." Charlotte rubbed her forehead, trying to dislodge some new accusation.

"... If you can't clean the tar, what if you got your feet even dirtier so we can't see the tar anymore?!" she said, snapping her fingers. "If your feet were all dirty from quicksand, we wouldn't be able to tell they were all dirty from tar!"

"... Does it look like my feet were covered in quicksand? Bennett's and Sebastian's feet were dirty quicksand, but not mine."

Shy guy

"Alternatively, there's a chance that Lavender has real feet under her robot feet," Seb suggested, managing not to look embarrassed by the concept somehow.
Page 23 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus