Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 25 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

fella

Oliver huffed as he listened to Lavender explain why she murdered Carrie. "... Even so, it still was not your choice to kill her. Perhaps she would have wanted to live on for her parents... We cannot say for certain now, though."

Micah looked bewildered at Lavender. "You 'stopped her pain'?" She shook her head. "You assumed she'd be better off dead...and what do you mean by 'live like you'?"

She looked down sadly, before proceeding to cast her vote for Lavender.
Signature loading, please wait...

TheLetterF wrote:
"Why did I do it?" The girl repeats the question. "It was. It was the right thing to do...It is what anyone with a heart would have done."

"It wasn't about the Killing Game. It was never about the Killing Game." She explains. "I heard her. I heard Carrie crying, no, sobbing...I heard her sobbing so loudly, with so much pain and misery. I...I went to her. I saw her on the ground, with her parents' skeletons, and...and I knew there was only one way to stop the pain: to reunite her with them." The girl tears up. "I couldn't let her live with that kind of misery...I couldn't let her live like me..."

"...Clearly you don't have a heart, then." Klifford said, breaking his silence.

He places a vote for Lavender.

Sock

Bennett's face goes from surprise quickly to disgust in a matter of seconds.

"You think you're right about what you've done? Do you honestly think that it's justified? Just because she was sad? If living like you is so damn bad, why the hell're you still standing?"

"Are you trying to pass this off as mercy?! For someone who's actually human, that's a pretty fucking robotic way to look at things. I guess you and Carrie are gonna have to settle this later, though."

She mind-magic-cast her vote. "'Wasn't about the killing game'... Bullshit." she grumbled.

Shy guy

"I think what she said makes sense..." Seb objected, albeit rather quietly. "That feeling of feeling trapped in your own situation, and seeing someone else who could be saved from it, it's not so strange really. When you feel as though you'd do anything to get out of your own cage, but can't, it builds up in you and at times becomes unbearable. And then you see the opportunity to give someone else that freedom... how could you not take it? We might not agree with her, but none of us are in the same position she was when she made that decision."

“She is a murderer.” Benjamin stated matter-of-factly. “And not only that, she killed our Star Spelunker. Not only did this begin the killing game but it severely compromised our chances of completing our mission. Enola is still out there...”

KamiPanda wrote:
"I think what she said makes sense..." Seb objected, albeit rather quietly. "That feeling of feeling trapped in your own situation, and seeing someone else who could be saved from it, it's not so strange really. When you feel as though you'd do anything to get out of your own cage, but can't, it builds up in you and at times becomes unbearable. And then you see the opportunity to give someone else that freedom... how could you not take it? We might not agree with her, but none of us are in the same position she was when she made that decision."

"That is the fool's way of thinking," Ivan growled. "Death is not freedom. And if she believed in that so-called freedom, she is nothing more than an evil extremist forcing her beliefs onto others."

"...I'm sure most of us here do not believe in murder as a gift of 'freedom.' It is a crime. And Carrie had an entire life of hers left to live...it's truly tragic that you would ever empathize with this...if this beast of a woman were feeling so charitable, there were many other ways to go about it."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

fella

"Yes... Regardless of the reason, murdering an unsuspecting person is absolutely vile," Oliver agreed.

After hearing the various questions, Lavender(?) decides to answer them all collectively.

"I am sorry I lied to you all..." The girl says. "I introduced myself to you all as Lavender Fae, the Dancing Automaton, because...because I am nothing without that title." She clenches her fists. "Doctor Henson said he knew me. He said he watched me at my performances, saw me during rehearsals...He told me he was always impressed by my abilities." She trembles, her hands balled into fists. "He told me he was the only one there to save me when he just so happened to find me lying in the middle of the road, bloody and near-dead, after...after the accident, when I was walking home from rehearsals."

The girl who was Lavender wipes a tear from her eye. "Doctor Henson told me he could fix me. Said he could make me into the perfect ballerina I always wanted to be...But...when he did that, he took everything. He didn't want me...He wanted Lavender Fae. And to do that, he took it all away from me. My life, my memories...I don't even remember who I was before I was Lavender Fae. Not even my own name. I only knew what he told me I needed to know...he knew I was indebted to him..."

The mysterious girl wipes a few more tears from her eyes before taking a deep breath. "But you know what I did? I complied. I saw how much joy my performances were bringing people...how they marvelled at Lavender Fae, the graceful Star Ballerina...Lavender Fae, the incredible Dancing Automaton. Seeing their faces gave me the strength to keep trying, but I always knew, I always had that voice that told me that deep down I was neither man, nor machine: I was a monster."

The girl then turns around to reveal a shocking sight. In her back seems to be a small, gaping, circle-shaped wound, perfect for a giant key to be inserted into.

"I did not want you all to know my secret. I did not want you all to think I was a fraud...I needed Lavender Fae. Lavender Fae brings people joy...and Lavender Fae brings me solace."

She turns around once more to face the group. "But it isn't right. I...I can no longer continue to suffer in silence...Perhaps now might finally be my chance. Maybe...maybe I can finally be like Carrie, and be at rest..."

Belphegor makes a weird noise from behind the mask. It's a little like a snort and a little like the sound of a cast iron skillet getting scraped by a knife.

"Accident?"

"THERE WAS NO ACCIDENT."

The words are particularly icy and they feel cold on everyone's ears.

"You described your injury as something that occurred in an accident. This is not the case. What happened to you was deliberate."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Belphegor makes a weird noise from behind the mask. It's a little like a snort and a little like the sound of a cast iron skillet getting scraped by a knife.

"Accident?"

"THERE WAS NO ACCIDENT."

The words are particularly icy and they feel cold on everyone's ears.

"You described your injury as something that occurred in an accident. This is not the case. What happened to you was deliberate."

"...What? What are you talking about? How do you know anything about my life?" The girl asks.

"I am a Belphegor. I know all that happens. It is why I have such sharp judgement and wit. I have seen into the lives of everyone in Rattlewater. I have seen the histories that the rocks and trees hold. I know the truth behind almost every story."

"The person driving the car that hit Lavender saw her walking and consciously swerved to hit her."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"I am a Belphegor. I know all that happens. It is why I have such sharp judgement and wit. I have seen into the lives of everyone in Rattlewater. I have seen the histories that the rocks and trees hold. I know the truth behind almost every story."

"The person driving the car that hit Lavender saw her walking and consciously swerved to hit her."

"Wh-wh-...I..." She stutters, unable to react. "If you truly know everything that happens, then tell me who it was! Tell me who did it!"

fella

"Someone... purposely hit her with their car?" Oliver asked, clearly looking horrified after hearing Lavender's story. "That's horrific..."

Suddenly, a figurative lightbulb lit up over his head. "Could-- Could it have been Doctor Henson? Or some random stranger...?"

Even though his face is covered with a mask you can hear the smile on his face as he says:

"ONE OF THE SIXTEEN PLAYERS KNOWS THE TRUTH BEHIND THAT."

"It's not my information to give, unfortunately. I would not want to reveal anyone's secrets while the game is still proceeding."

The bandaged girl stumbles backwards, in complete shock at the recent announcement.

"N-no...it cannot be...Is that even possible?!" She looks at each of the faces in the room. "It was one of you...? Please tell me which one of you it was...please..." The girl asks pleadingly.

The American Dream

“I’ve seen little green men and yet this is still the weirdest series of events I’ve ever seen,” Brandy said while shaking her head dismissively. “I don’t even know what to think.”

She sighed and cast her vote.

"A MAJORITY HAS BEEN REACHED."

Belphegor just stands there, unmoving.

"Since things aren't always as they seem, I'll be waiting for a few moments. Please occupy your own time."

Spoiler: Closing Argument
For a few moments, nobody has the will to say anything to Lavender.

"It's a tediously simple crime," Benjamin says, with finality. Even the each vote carried so much weight, the entire thing feels like a foregone conclusion.

"Many of us heard Carrie during wailing the night. Lavender did too. She snuck out of bed after taking off her exoskeleton, made her way down the tunnel with the tar trap, approached Carrie silently, picked up a rock, and cracked it into the back of Carrie's skull. Afterwards Lavender snuck right back to her suit and went to sleep, hoping she could keep up her appearance as an automaton."

"The tar on her feet and the blood on her body would prove her guilt if she had not already admitted to it."

Benjamin doesn't seem interested in making it overly poetic, but his statement is rather fitting.

Anxiety buzzes in the air, but everyone silently agrees with the explanation.

Spoiler: Result
"YOU ARE ALL CORRECT. LAVENDER FAE IS THE TAINTED."

"You may take this time to make preparations in your heart for the retribution of her crimes. It will surely satiate your need for holy justice. Enjoy the spectacle," Belphegor declares in a crisp, icy tone.

MVPs: Brandy, Sebastian, and Benjamin

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sock

Bennett squints at Lavender. "Why?"

"You heard sobbing in the middle of the night and decided to crawl out of your silly 'costume' to check it out? That's what I really don't get..."

Ciro puts a hand to his chin, looking quite confused.

"So you hear someone crying, and decide the best thing to do is kill them? Wouldn't most anyone try to comfort her first? Seems pretending to be a robot for so long has turned your heart into one.

Speaking of that, why pretend to be a dancing automaton? Couldn't you just perform as a ballerina yourself? You certainly didn't act like a robot, and I think many of us doubted that as well."

Ciro moves his hand to his forehead.

"Mamma mia. I don't get you people sometimes."

Happy Maria

"Kee, this wasn't fair!" Bruce squeaks, quite outraged at this. "So what if Ms. Carrie was in a miserable state? Even if she wanted to die at that moment, you had no right to kill her! She didn't ask for any of this! Kee, thanks to your efforts, everyone else is trapped in this awful game now!"

Just another day.

Southern Corn wrote:
"Kee, this wasn't fair!" Bruce squeaks, quite outraged at this. "So what if Ms. Carrie was in a miserable state? Even if she wanted to die at that moment, you had no right to kill her! She didn't ask for any of this! Kee, thanks to your efforts, everyone else is trapped in this awful game now!"

"Never thought id see the day id agree with a winged rat...but here we are...well atleast we dont have to smell the brats stench anymore even if its pretty fucked up why that is." Matt grabbed out one of his candy cigaretts. "Hey demon guy, your not gonna destroy the machine the bitch was in along with her are ya? Be a damn shame to just to let that get destroyed.

Shy guy

"So, we're done here, right?" Seb asked coolly. "Our job's complete? Can I leave, then? I had something else I wanted to do."

"I think what's most shocking to me is how little you cared about Doctor Henson in the end." Benjamin shook his head with disappointment. "You can say you're sorry, and cry about regrets, but in the end you chose that he is going to pay the price for your sins. I'll make sure he learns that."

Lavender(?) first addresses Bennett, a frown on her face. "The sound of the sobbing woke me up...I wanted to see where it was coming from. It would have been much more difficult to walk myself around the caves in the dark in such a clunky shell. When I saw Carrie crying on the floor, saying her parents were gone, I...I just did what my heart was telling me to do. Everything happened so quickly..."

She then turns to Ciro. "..Do you not understand?" The girl gestures at her bruised and bandaged body. "The girl before Lavender Fae is gone. Erased by Doctor Henson...That man created a new me in his own image...He had complete control."

The girl finally faces Ben. "Doctor Henson is a bad man, Benjamin. He ruined me. Created the monster you see before you...You can do whatever you like with him." She snaps. "Now that Lavender Fae is gone, I have no reason to be indebted to him...I can finally rest in peace..."

Ciro looks more confused than ever.

"Sei ritardato, scrofa," he mutters under his breath.

"So you are saying," he says normally, " that when inside that automaton, you are no longer you? That the automaton controls you, not you the automaton? Who kills someone grieving over their parents. You tell them to live on in their name, that they live through your memories, you don't just kill them, that's psychopathy."

Lone wrote:
Ciro looks more confused than ever.

"Sei ritardato, scrofa," he mutters under his breath.

"So you are saying," he says normally, " that when inside that automaton, you are no longer you? That the automaton controls you, not you the automaton? Who kills someone grieving over their parents. You tell them to live on in their name, that they live through your memories, you don't just kill them, that's psychopathy."

"No, I am saying that after Doctor Henson found me, performing as my old self became out of the question...Lavender Fae became my life. Besides, who would want to see someone like this perform...? I'm an atrocity..."

She then looks down once more, her mind full of guilt. "I...I am sorry. But...I could not see her suffer like that...I can't let someone be in pain...I lived in pain everyday...I-it was what I had to do..." The girl stutters. "It was...what I had to do..." She repeats, her voice trailing off.

The American Dream

“Ciro...” Brandy said, sounding irritated. “You moron...”

TheLetterF wrote:
The girl finally faces Ben. "Doctor Henson is a bad man, Benjamin. He ruined me. Created the monster you see before you...You can do whatever you like with him." She snaps. "Now that Lavender Fae is gone, I have no reason to be indebted to him...I can finally rest in peace..."

“Hmph, very well. Then the world should be better off without him.” He smiled. “But don’t worry, I’m sure we will find out who caused your accident, and your true identity before this is all over. If there’s anybody who still cares about you in this world, I will be sure that they suffer dearly for it.”

Ciro whispers a "Vaffanculo" at Brandy before continuing.

"It was a mistake to go after Charlotte and Brandy that night. They are mere petty thieves compared to you. The prisoner is right, about your doctor at least."

Ciro turns his back on her.

"To think I would find myself siding with a criminal, against another criminal. Star citizen, how our titles have been tarnished."

JesusMonroe wrote:
TheLetterF wrote:

“Hmph, very well. Then the world should be better off without him.” He smiled. “But don’t worry, I’m sure we will find out who caused your accident, and your true identity before this is all over. If there’s anybody who still cares about you in this world, I will be sure that they suffer dearly for it.”

"Good luck to you then. The person I was before is as dead as the person I am about to be. There is nothing you can take away from me that hasn't already been taken." She mutters, a look of despair in her eye. "I am nobody."

The American Dream

Lone wrote:

"It was a mistake to go after Charlotte and Brandy that night. They are mere petty thieves compared to you. The prisoner is right, about your doctor at least."

"To think I would find myself siding with a criminal, against another criminal. Star citizen, how our titles have been tarnished."

Brandy could feel her blood pressure spike in that moment.

“Spaghetti lasagna to you too, Mussolini...” she whispered.

Lone wrote:

"Hey! You leave Brandy out of this!" Charlotte yelled. "Besides, thanks for reminding me you attacked her for no reason back then. I want to hear an apology for that!"

Ciro smiles at Brandy's insult, as it was honestly pretty funny. He then faces Charlotte, his expression darkening.

"'For no reason' 'apologize'. You stole things from the mayor. Had I not attacked you, our fellow star citizens would not have known, especially Ivan. But since I did, he knows of your petty crimes, and can bring you to justice. That seems like a good means and an ends to me."

"Are your ears full of fish or something? I don't give a shit what you think about me, Mr. Assault and Battery! Brandy had nothing to do with any of that!" she said, walking towards Ciro, apparently unfazed by him. "Apologize to her! Now!"

The American Dream

“Charlotte, that ain’t necessary,” Brandy said, sounding stern. “I’m over it. Forgive, but don’t forget, as they say.”

Ciro takes on a stance, appearing ready to fight... but then goes to Brandy.

"I'm sorry I attacked you," he says with earnestness. "I did not realize that it was only Charlotte who had stolen at the time."

The American Dream

Lone wrote:
Ciro takes on a stance, appearing ready to fight... but then goes to Brandy.

"I'm sorry I attacked you," he says with earnestness. "I did not realize that it was only Charlotte who had stolen at the time."

She sighs and shakes her head. “Look, just don’t go harmin’ me, her, or anyone else again, got it?”

"There we go." Charlie smiled, apparently satisfied. "Was that so hard?"

Isn't someone about to die or something...?
Page 25 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus