Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 26 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Let's just get this over with. I'm tired." Daniel lowers his hat to cover his eyes, crossing his arms. He doesn't seem to be particularly happy, and his lingo seems to be missing as well. "I don't think I can believe anything that happened today. Much less that one of us is goin' to die again."

Shizune seemed to be ignoring the bickering and trying to avoid eye contact with anyone. Eventually she typed up another message and sent it to the woman formerly known as Lavender.

Code:
Dear Miss,

You have my sympathies regarding your condition, and although I cannot agree with or condone your actions, I believe you felt you were doing the right thing.

Is there any final message you wish to leave?

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

"My...my final message?" The girl ponders. "I...I guess my final message is...I hope to see you again. In the afterlife, where we can maybe meet again on happier terms...Until then, goodbye."

Sebastian, not receiving any protests from Belphegor, leaves the tribunal area.

"... It's time. I hope you all have said what you want to say."

Belphegor scans the room.

"Enjoy..."

Spoiler: The Music Box
The lights go out, a couple of people scramble around with their torches but none are working. A couple people shout for an explanation but nothing but Belphegor's laugh can be heard in response.

A single spotlight shines down, and Lavender is standing on the central altar, her breathing heavy.

A mysterious melody gently fills the air above everyone's heads.

Immediately, Lavender's breath catches in her throat and her eyes go wide with recognition.

"No... That can't be..."

She trembles in place, looking like her limbs can barely carry her.

"Mama?" her shaking eyes begin to tear up, the music is like a soft whisper in her ears.

"NO! STOP IT! PLEASE!" she suddenly pleads, covering her ears. "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THIS!"

The chimes of the music fill Lavender with violent disquietude. Her body language makes her look like she has to get away, but she's rooted to the spot by an unknown force.

"PAPA!" she gasps, covering her mouth. "Home..."

Soon, her words become completely incomprehensible. She can't keep her face straight, and she completely collapses.

Belphegor is the first to speak as the song ends.

"Well, let's put this one with all the other old, broken, forgotten trinkets, shall we?"

He walks into the light, a large dusty wooden chest above his head. He sets it down on the floor and opens it. Inside is an array of old dolls and strange lamps and seasonal decorations. He pushes Lavender into the box even as she's completely incoherent. She falls in, and Belphegor takes the chest and locks the lid into place.

"Cherish this memory. IT IS THE LAST ONE THE WORLD WILL EVER HAVE WITH LAVENDER FAE."

The spotlight turns off.

"This is the end of the first trial, all of you have stayed have honored your obligations to her."

When everyone's torches turn back on, Belphegor is nowhere to be seen. The chest however still sits menacingly where he left it.

Down Under: END
14 Souls Remain

Benjamin watched the whole affair unfold with intense observation. He didn't seem to react, but his eyes were deeply entranced with everything that was happening. It was if a firework show was unfolding before him.

... then it finally ended.

Benjamin was the first one to break the silence. "For what it's worth, I'm not going after Doctor Henson or Lavender's family. That is all." He longer saw a point to killing them now that Lavender was gone, and had mostly wanted her to die with the thought in her head anyway. Still, he doubted anyone cared about what he had to say regardless considering the trauma that just unfolded before them.

Shizune continued blinking at the center of the tribunal room well after the bizarre ceremony ended, as if she wasn't sure what she'd even witnessed. Benjamin's words seemed to snap her out of her trance; she then typed a letter, handed it to the nearest person, and timidly wheeled herself closer to the foreboding chest.

Code:
Dear Stars,

Does anyone know how to open a lock?

Yours truly,
Shizune Takata

"... Uh, I can pick locks." Charlotte said walking forward warily and crouching down next to the chest.

When she gets a few thin tools out of her coat and into the lock though, they won't budge. She continues to try for a few minutes, muttering curses under her breath the whole time, until her picks simply snap.

"... Okay, at this point, it'd be easier to break the chest. I can't crack this stupid thing."

Benjamin picks up his iron ball and using both arms, heaves it at the side of the chest away from where Lavender was placed.

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

There is a bone-shattering clang as the chest is impacted by the iron. Looking at the box, it has a small dent in it. It'd be an exhausting project to see to completion.

Shy guy

If anyone left the altar room, they might find Seb pointlessly cleaning up the hideout. Apparently this was the urgent business that meant he couldn't stick around for Lavender's punishment.

Benjamin heaved the ball at the chest over and over, stepping back so it wouldn't land on his feet when it bounced off. He continued this process as much as his stamina allowed him to.

It's pretty rigorous and Benjamin is absolutely coated with sweat after a few minutes.

If anyone is in the chest, they might be deaf.

What started as a small dent though is now quite substantial.

Code:
Dear Stars,

What about the tools used to clear the boulders? Is there anyone who could quickly retrieve those?

Yours truly,
Shizune Takata

Shizune anxiously pushed her message into someone's hands.

Benjamin was evidently frustrated by the indolence of everyone else and walked over to the hideout, dragging the iron ball behind him instead of carrying it like usual. It was annoyingly loud.

Eventually, Benjamin reached the jungle cavern."Oh, hey Seb." He exhaustingly lifted his hand.

He grabbed a hammer and was about to leave when he caught notice of a pickaxe among the tools. "You know what, take this to Shizune." Benjamin tossed the hammer by the cleaning boy's feet and grabbed the pickaxe, sitting by the campfire. "Lavender is trapped in a chest. I thought she was dead but I guess she's maybe a toy or... you know, I really don't know what happened honestly. But you'll be faster anyway."

Benjamin steadily aimed the pickaxe at his ankle brace and hit it lightly, each successive tap being harder than the last.

Shy guy

"Wha-? Huh?" Seb caught the pickaxe awkwardly, evidently very confused. However he didn't seem to want to stay alone with Benjamin, so he nodded and said, "Alright, I can go do that," before obediently heading off.

Upon returning, he saw the heavily dented chest that he assumed Benjamin must have been talking about. "Shizune? You asked for this?" he said, still quite unsure as to what was even going on or what he should do.

Shizune's head snapped around quickly as Seb hailed her. She made a swinging motion with her arms and pointed at the chest.

Shy guy

"Oh. Er..." He stared at the chest a few moments before looking up at the others. "Someone strong should do it, though," he said, holding the pickaxe up for someone else to take.

Just another day.

Matt stood around inspecting the robot suit lavender had left behind. once again turning the key to open it up, and closed it again. he then looked at the group trying to break the chest.
Matt laughed at them.
"What a waste of time, you dumbasses can continue this shitshow, as for me and this damn beauty of engineering im gonna learn anything and everything i can from it.
Matt proceeded to try and carry it away to camp...it was heavy.

After blinking in disbelief at Matt, she hurriedly rolled after him and shoved a piece of paper at him.

Code:
To Mr. Gustily,

Are you really going to just leave? She may still be alive in that chest, and if she is, she's suffocating! Won't you help us?

Respectfully yours,
Shizune Takata

Just another day.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
After blinking in disbelief at Matt, she hurriedly rolled after him and shoved a piece of paper at him.

Code:
To Mr. Gustily,

Are you really going to just leave? She may still be alive in that chest, and if she is, she's suffocating! Won't you help us?

Respectfully yours,
Shizune Takata

Matt Read through the paper that she had shoved onto his hands, he ripped the paper in two and tossed the pieces.
"the hell should I care? less I have to deal with this bullcrap the better, besides if the bitch was suffocating before she'd already be dead by now with how long shes been in there. now why dont you go and walk over and help them idiots? ow wait I forgot you cant ya cripple. guess you at least can cheer them o...ow right also cant seem to speak, guess waving your arms wildly will just have to do!"

Matt laughed and began to continue to carry the suit back to the camp. "Damn I need a beer..."

"...It's alright," Ivan sighed to Shizune. "Allow me to try. If Matt is able to force the chest open, I should be able to as well."

fella

After seeing Lavender being shoved into the box, Oliver had to step away to get some personal space, keeling over and heaving. He looked sick to the stomach, and as everyone began to try to free Lavender from the box, he looked over his shoulder at them. "... I could always not help and leave her in there, and eliminate my competition to being the greatest performer in this town..." he muttered, too quiet for anyone to hear.

Suddenly, a look of disgust came onto his face as he stood upright. "Oh, what am I thinking? I can't do that... She's a person. I'm not going to stand idly by. I'm not going to do that." He shook his head. What was he thinking? He couldn't do that. He wouldn't do that.

With a newfound vigor, he approached Ivan, looking a little healthier now. "Is there any way I can help? I'm not that strong, but I will do my best to assist everyone," he said earnestly.

Ivan hits the corner of the chest with the pickaxe. It looks rather cool as he does it. Soon, the bindings on the chest look a little raised and warped. Ivan keeps at it for a while and then switches to Oliver, who in comparison looks kinda like a wimp.

Regardless it looks like it looks rather weak now.

Benjamin had gotten a good amount of rest by the campfire, but was still unable to get the brace off of his ankle. He would've been frustrated if he had expected much of the whole ordeal. With new energy, he returned to the altar room.

"So, is Lavender aliv-" He stopped when he saw the chest still wasn't open despite being gone for a large amount of time. He looked rather insulted at this. "I see how it is. Expecting the prisoner to do all the manual labor?"

Benjamin grabbed the tool from Oliver and muttered something about 'knobs' before having a go at the chest again.
Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 End)Topic%20Title

“Hmm, but if we let her out, will she not kill more people?”

Ciro saw the others trying their hardest to free her, and realized they didn’t care. He saw Ben with his iron ball.

“I’ll do it,” he says, pointing to the iron ball. “May I?”

After the shock of literally being laughed at for being disabled wore off, Shizune had returned to the chest to do what she could to help. It wasn't much.

She settled for trying to pry the lid with a rock opposite the side the others were attempting to break.

“Go ahead.” Benjamin told Ciro as he thwacked at the chest with the tool, making sure to avoid Shizune.

Benjamin bangs away at the chest for a few more minutes. Suddenly the bindings on the chest wrench off and the top comes loose. Shizune smiles.

Inside is what they saw in it earlier. Lavender is nowhere to be seen. Just a small music box.

Charlotte, who had just been standing around since she realized physical labor would be necessary, went over to look inside the box.

She picked up the music box. She looked at it with incredulity and fear. She put the music box back, gently.

Then she left, probably off to participate in some sort of underground awkward cafeteria scene.

fella

"She... She's not in there?" Oliver incredulously asked, gazing into the box with narrowed eyes, having gotten over possibly being called a knob by Benjamin. "How is that even possible...?"

Happy Maria

As people realise how futile their endeavor was, they start to leave the altar, exhausted from the events of the day. Sooner or later, a small group assembles near the campfire outside the tents, a weary look on their faces.

The American Dream

As Brandy approached the campfire, she remained silent, still trying to process what happened. Carrie’s death upset her, but she was overall much more concerned with Belphegor and the Game itself.

Shy guy

Seb looked a little shaken after the chest was opened. While he'd missed out on seeing the punishment first-hand, from context he put together what had happened, which made it all rather creepy. He sat to one side of the group a little: not enough to completely stand out but enough that he wasn't sitting close to anyone.

"We should... discuss what to do next," he said, eyes down as he focused on cleaning his shoes. "Enola is still missing, which is something to consider. And... of course, we should think hard about what we're going to do regarding this Killing Game."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Daniel, who was oddly enough pretty absent after the trial, approached the campfire with a frown on his face. It's clear he was missing most, if not all of his energy. He pulls his hat down and looks into the fire.

Hearing Seb talk, he grunts in annoyance at their current situation. "We don't have a choice, soldier. All we can do is keep going forward. That's all there is to it. As for whatever this fuckin' game is, even I don't have any idea."

Just another day.

Datamatt wrote:
Daniel, who was oddly enough pretty absent after the trial, approached the campfire with a frown on his face. It's clear he was missing most, if not all of his energy. He pulls his hat down and looks into the fire.

Hearing Seb talk, he grunts in annoyance at their current situation. "We don't have a choice, soldier. All we can do is keep going forward. That's all there is to it. As for whatever this fuckin' game is, even I don't have any idea."

Matt after a period of time of having examined lavenders robotic suit somewhat fruitlessly due to a lack of proper tools to do so finally came over and sat by the fire.
"What we do about the game? Simple numbnuts, don't play it by not killing someone! Then again, the games probably rigged against us anyways so guess we just accept our fates and deal with the bullshit one crap-pile at a time."

"...the Killing Game..."

Ivan looked solemnly into the flames.

"...I would like to say we would not participate. Such a grave crime against humanity...but I wonder if it will be that easy."

He looked up above him, hoping he'd be able to see something inspiring like stars. It was futile, of course.

"I wonder if what happened to Ms. Fae was justice..." Ivan thought aloud with his eyes closed.

Shy guy

"We can't just act as though though nothing will happen, though," Seb insisted. "Just look at her," he continued, pointing at Shizune, "she could be killed quite easily by just about anyone. Pushed into a crevice, stranded without her wheelchair... Would she even scream if someone simply attacked her normally?

"Or there's Brandy and Charlie, who were knocked out without much trouble. I'd say they make easy targets. The killer would probably set the scene up to make it looked like one killed the other.

"Even you, Ivan... You can take care of yourself, but you'd probably get killed after heading into a trap. It would be in the killer's favour to do so, as that would probably make for a pretty hard murder to solve."

Benjamin had made another cup of tea for himself and was sipping it by the fire. “Our priority should be finding Enola, the killing game has changed nothing in that regard. As for how we proceed with the killing game... well, I have an idea but it’s probably best to save that for later. Not while everybody’s in a good mood.” Evidently reading the room was not one of his strong suits.

He took another sip and then paused as if remembering something. “I do have to say that missing altar bowl is bothering me though. That has to be related to Belphegor’s sudden appearance, and it’s most likely location is the safe. Could the one behind this killing game be one of us?” He looked pointedly at Micah as he said that. “I have to say, you look quite suspicious in this matter.”

Quote:
"
"Even you, Ivan... You can take care of yourself, but you'd probably get killed after heading into a trap. It would be in the killer's favour to do so, as that would probably make for a pretty hard murder to solve." 

"...I, obviously, would like to prevent more deaths," Ivan said. "I am the Chief of Police...I cannot allow this game to continue. I will not let anyone else be killed under my watch, which includes myself. So..."

Ivan shook his head. "...I believe you can brighten the mood even further if you shared your idea, Benjamin."

The American Dream

Brandy winced a little when she heard Seb talk about how easy it was to take her out, but yeah, he was right.

“While you’re right about how we should still be lookin’ for Enola,” Brandy said after listening to Benjamin. “The killin’ game happenin’ and this whole mission were clearly meant to coincide. I still think we oughtta look at what other factors might be at play here.”

She coughed a little bit and then spit on the ground, setting a good example for kids everywhere to just spit where they please. “‘Cause I mean, we can keep each other in check as much as we want to, but if there’s something else to this that’s bigger than Belphegor, then.... nevermind. I don’t really know what I’m sayin’ no more...”
Page 26 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus