Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 30 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

fella

Oliver jumped a little bit as Nail suddenly spoke."Where does he come from all the time...?" he quietly wondered to himself.

"I wonder how the 'greatest weakness' works. Not that I'm keen on finding out..." he added.

Micah examines the inscription closely. "Between this ritual and all the weapons we found inside, this whole place definitely seems set up to push forward a potential murder. I'm not sure how effective it can be now that we're all aware of its existence though, since people will probably be very careful about their possessions. Still, it might be good to always have someone keeping an eye around here..."
Signature loading, please wait...

Shizune tucked the books she'd taken from the library away before typing.

Code:
Dear Stars,

Why pay any mind to this strange weakness-discovering ceremony? Would that help us find Ms. Gardner or the way out?

Regards,
Shizune Takata

She'd seemed much more interested in the contents of the building while they were there.

"My only possession is this." Benjamin said, motioning to the iron ball on his ankle. He seemed to omit mentioning the sunglasses on his shirt. "Anyway, stealing is against the rules we decided as a group. Regardless of intention we shouldn't forgive anyone who tries to disintegrate the integrity of our team. It's clear this spell is meant to divide us, so let's stay focused."

Just another day.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"My only possession is this." Benjamin said, motioning to the iron ball on his ankle. He seemed to omit mentioning the sunglasses on his shirt. "Anyway, stealing is against the rules we decided as a group. Regardless of intention we shouldn't forgive anyone who tries to disintegrate the integrity of our team. It's clear this spell is meant to divide us, so let's stay focused."

"Yea cause the rules are definitely all that's needed to dissuade any of these dumbasses, I don't trust any of you lot not to try and pull some shit. im guarding my stuff and if any dumbass so much as looks at my shit funny."
Matt grabbed out his wrench.
"Will find their thieving hand's smashed."

Just a guy online.

Nail slipped a die into his pocket for later use, and his hand brushed against--

Nothing.
Nothing?
Nothing?!

Nothing.

His face remained calm for a shallow moment, a brief moment, a silence before a howling storm of anger and pure, unadulterated rage took its place. But no, this wasn't a hot anger like the mechanic or the police officer, no; this was a cold one. One that promised a slow and eventual end for whomever had thought to so much as steal from him.

"So tell me," He said quietly, turning to the group at large, His face cast in shadow, His eyes naught but bright dots. "Tell me, which of you fools decided it would be a good idea to steal from Me?"

It almost started to feel like the cavern was getting darker, and colder, yet the man did not shiver like the others, nor did He disappear. No, He still stood out in the dark, like it was deeply afraid to come too close.

"I will warn you once, and only once," He spoke again, that same icy, dark tone slicing through the air. "Do not think to steal from Me, or I will find who did it... and when I am done, it will not be pretty." He raised his hand, palm up. "But I am not without mercy. Return to Me that which was stolen and I shall ignore this slight upon Myself. I suggest you do so swiftly, thief, lest My fury find you first."

fella

Oliver glanced side to side at the others, slowly backing away from Nail as the tall man spoke, his face paling. "I must admit, I'm astounded... It took almost no time for someone to steal. Just... wow," he quietly, snarkily mused to himself.

He cleared his throat once he was a bit away from Nail, hiding behind a few people. "A-Ahem. Now then, whoever stole his, ah, possessions," he began, glancing at a certain woman with a green coat and rather sticky fingers. "Please give it back to him. No need to raise tensions further, right?" he said, quite clearly a bit intimidated by Nail.

Just another day.

"And just like that that, im proven right...hell of a lot faster then I thought shit would hit the fan though."
Matt reached around to be sure he hadnt been stolen from.

"Welp, least I wasnt stolen from."

Shy guy

"I'm safe for now as well, it seems," Seb said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Unfortunately, there will be little way to tell who stole anything. The stolen item is 'consumed' by the ritual, leaving no trace. Even a thorough search of everyone's possessions won't reveal the truth."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Code:
Dear Stars,

Why pay any mind to this strange weakness-discovering ceremony? Would that help us find Ms. Gardner or the way out?

Regards,
Shizune Takata

She'd seemed much more interested in the contents of the building while they were there.

"If only it were that simple... Like it or not, this Killing Game is our reality now. Maybe most of us won't pay the ritual any mind, but all it takes is one or two people to feel the need to gain an advantage. And besides, what if this advantage served as a way to defend oneself?

"Even despite that, I'm inclined to side with Benjamin on this matter. Anything set up to serve the purposes of the Killing Game is only going to be a trap for sowing discord. But we all need to understand that Enola's safety isn't the only thing at risk here anymore."

Benjamin eyed the others warily after Nail announced he was stolen from. “Do I need to remind everyone of my proposal? Stealing from each other will only sow betrayal down the line. There is no need to try and gain an advantage that way—if a killing needs to happen then you need only kill me.”

"Taking someone's stuff just for a chance to learn of their weakness? That's not a good trade-off at all. One can easily learn of someone's vice by simply observing them. Or who knows, maybe Klifford can use this to learn his wife's weakness, maybe it's something he doesn't know yet."

KamiPanda wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Code:
Dear Stars,

Regards,
Shizune Takata

"If only it were that simple... Like it or not, this Killing Game is our reality now. Maybe most of us won't pay the ritual any mind, but all it takes is one or two people to feel the need to gain an advantage. And besides, what if this advantage served as a way to defend oneself?

"Even despite that, I'm inclined to side with Benjamin on this matter. Anything set up to serve the purposes of the Killing Game is only going to be a trap for sowing discord. But we all need to understand that Enola's safety isn't the only thing at risk here anymore."

With a silent sigh, she wrote up a couple letters and handed them to their intended recipients.

Code:
Dear Mr. Torr,

It seems you are unfortunately correct. Apparently someone has already fallen to the temptation.

Yours truly,
Shizune Takata

Code:
Dear Mr. Nail,

Could you describe your lost item so that we may search for it?

Regards,
Shizune Takata

"Do we even expend energy looking for it..? The inscription says the item will be consumed by the ritual...judging by the wording, his item is likely gone by now."

Ivan let out a frustrated sigh.

"Either we hunt for the thief and make sure this theft does not lead to further crime, or...we forget this happened in the first place and try and come up with a solution."

Shy guy

Seb sighed. "As I said, I doubt we'll be able to catch any thefts after the fact. The best we can do is take precautionary measures. I just hope you didn't lose anything important, Nail."

Just a guy online.

"Consumed? Lost to the ether?" He laughed, a horrible, broken sound. "True, the item I lost has no important significance, but by this point I don't care!"

The wind picked up, an icy howl blasting through the caves, setting Nail's robes flapping. It grew even darker, leaving His face the only bright spot left in the cavern. He turned His hand over, palm facing down, and curled each finger slowly, surely, into His fist, leaving His index finger as a director of His anger.

"I curse you," He said, His voice too low to be heard yet was heard perfectly. His finger traveled over every person in the party as He spoke. Each word fell to the ground, a heavy weight landing on the shoulders of all those present. "In the Name of the Father, I curse you. In the Name of the Son, I curse you. And in My Name, I curse you. When you need strength the most, let it fail you. When your skills are needed the most, let them fail you. And may your death be long and painful. So it shall be."

The shadows finally fully crept over His face, leaving only a pair of bright, shining lights that slowly, eventually faded, and once they did, the cavern brightened up again, and Nail was nowhere to be found.

Charlotte looked around, shellshocked. She slowly walked to where Nail was standing and waved her hand around the thin air, until she just let it limply hang at her side.

"He actually was a fucking demon..."

Just another day.

DootDootDoot wrote:
Charlotte looked around, shellshocked. She slowly walked to where Nail was standing and waved her hand around the thin air, until she just let it limply hang at her side.

"He actually was a fucking demon..."

"Heh...guess I was on the money when I called the bastard satan ehh?"
Matt scratched his head.

"Welp no one lives forever guess we wait till he inevitably picks one of us off...probably one of the wimps"
Matt clearly directed this at oliver and bennett.
"would be my guess, just a matter of time really."

"...Or we can search for him before his anger gets the better of him," Ivan sighed. "Not that I'm convinced he could actually kill us. Or curse us, for that matter. Although his disappearing act is...surprising, to say the least."

"He sucked the light out of the cave and then teleported, and you're skeptical he can curse people?" Charlotte glared at Ivan, but then got nervous and started looking over her shoulder.

The American Dream

Brandy simply stood there, dumbfounded and awestruck.

fella

Oliver did the same exact thing as Brandy, the performer just staring blankly at where Nail used to be. It didn't even register to him that Matt called him a wimp. He was too dumbfounded to focus on anything else.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"He sucked the light out of the cave and then teleported, and you're skeptical he can curse people?" Charlotte glared at Ivan, but then got nervous and started looking over her shoulder.

"...You have a point," Ivan admitted.

"It shouldn't be hard to find him." Benjamin said, trying to stay on task. "He can evidently teleport, but I doubt he'd be able to leave the caves if he's trapped by the rules of the game. So just shout if you see someone over 2 meters tall."

Shizune just sat there looking like she was trying not to cry.

"I... Uh..." Klifford began to say, but his word failed him. He stood there just as dumbfounded as the others.

"Well. That was something..."

The American Dream

Brandy, who had finally gotten herself together after having more than a minute to write a post, blurted out a question that's already been asked probably.

"Who the hell stole somethin' that quickly?! N' for that matter who decided to steal from Nail of all people?!" she shouted. "I ain't never even heard the rumors 'bout him until recently, but even then I never believed 'em. But still..."

She pointed at herself. "I ain't got no business bein' cursed! So if we all meet some untimely fate 'cause of some wacko, then I ain't gonna be a happy camper!"

"Who said anything about rumors..?" Ivan asked, tilting his head. He let out a slight smile at the sound of information. "...Do you know anything about Nail?"

Shy guy

"No gossip rule, remember..." Seb pointed out numbly.

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Who said anything about rumors..?" Ivan asked, tilting his head. He let out a slight smile at the sound of information. "...Do you know anything about Nail?"

"I did dumbass or you forget why I called the basterd satan in the first place."

"This isn't really our gossip. It's some rumors from around town." Charlotte explained, leaning against a wall and watching the end of the tunnel. "You guys never heard any? People say all sorts of stuff about him. I've heard he's a snake oil salesman, that he's an alien, that he's two midgets stacked on top of each other... And, well, that he's a demon."

Just another day.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"This isn't really our gossip. It's some rumors from around town." Charlotte explained, leaning against a wall and watching the end of the tunnel. "You guys never heard any? People say all sorts of stuff about him. I've heard he's a snake oil salesman, that he's an alien, that he's two midgets stacked on top of each other... And, well, that he's a demon."

"yea pretty much the usual bullcrap you hear, devil in disguise who's advice often backfires nonsence...thought it was all dumb lies till recently with everything thats happened."

The American Dream

Brandy nodded after Charlotte explained everything. "That's right. It's just a thing from town. Also, I guess Matt seems to have some kinda vendetta against 'im, so..."

She shrugged. "I jus' don't feel like bein' cursed tonight."

"...As it so happens, I have been working in finding information about him for quite a while," Ivan said, ignoring Sebastian. "But when push came to shove, I was able to find nothing about him. All I know is what you all know...a devil in disguise. Of course, I was hoping you would all have some more insight...."

Ivan gave a stern look at the group. "...Since the beginning, I have pinned Nail as quite suspicious. Clearly, he is more than suspicious...which is why finding him right now should be our focus. I, at least, would love to find out what kind of curse he had inflicted on us."

Shy guy

"If he doesn't want to be found, we won't find him," Seb said, having settled down again. "Conversely if he wants to be found, he'll already be looming over us. We could go looking, but I think it'll be a waste of time."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"So I was right," Daniel gives a gruff laughter. "That man really is Satan. He's always been givin' me the real creepy vibes and I guess I was right. Fuckin' maniacs these days."

He looks around and seems to frown a bit at the realization that Nail didn't run off... but rather, disappeared. "Where did that bastard even go..."

Code:
Dear Stars,

If we do not search for Mr. Nail and attempt to resolve this dispute, what SHOULD we do?

At a loss,
Shizune Takata

"Hold on a second. I'm willing to believe in magic but Satan is another thing entirely." Benjamin seemed quite dismissive of the idea. "If one of us did steal from him, then one of us probably knows his weakness. If he cursed us then we may need any advantage we can get..."

"Or perhaps, rather than us going to him, we can make him come to us," Ciro suggests. "Do you think he can still hear us? If he can, we can just say things to make him come back. If not, we can just ignore him until he comes back."

The group ultimately decides to search for Nail. A few are deathly scared to find him at all, and a few insist that searching is a sign of weakness. Everyone has questions ringing in their ears. Was that teleportation? Had he really cursed them? Was he always the type to just snap like that? Are the rumors about him true? They go up to the mines to look for him...

Spoiler: The Labyrinth
Nothing...

Every single turn they glance down in the mines has nothing. Sometimes it can be easy to think of the caves as a lively place, but having everyone bunched up as they are, every tunnel seems oppressively shrouded in darkness. Every time they stop they can hear nothing but silence reaching out from them in every direction.

It's hard to tell though. The moment the lights leave an area, they can almost see a set of shimmering dark eyes following their moves. Whenever they check back though, it's always just a set of beautiful diamonds. Whenever they're walking, it seems like there's just one extra set of expensive shoes. Everyone is constantly checking all around them, hoping desperately to know where the man is and have it be over with.

Where does a two meter tall man disappear to?

Maybe it would have been right to stay back.

Spoiler: ???
They were back in the lower ice cavern when it happened.

They had searched long and hard for the stretched, eerie fellow. They were all rapidly running out of places to check.

Of course, nobody could enter the river without dying, right? Everything in this place is so ice cold, and the lake above had been absolutely frozen.

Daniel stands near the edge of the river, his mouth agape. He hadn't been ready for this. He fumbles around with his megaphone even though the others are right behind him. He seems to shake with fear as he attempts to bring it up to his mouth, but cannot do it. He swings his arms out to block the others from getting a good look, but everyone is already too close, and they can all see it.

"Well... that ain't Nail..."

Floating frozen on the far end of the river are four dark forms. Each one seems to have their hands bound behind their backs. Each one is blindfolded. Blood can be seen frozen with them in the ice that they are in. One seems to be a teenager in a yellow hoodie, with a mess of brown hair. One is a stocky, balding man in what must have been a formerly very expensive suit. The third is a gaunt man with yellowed skin and scarred arms, dressed in rags. The last is a woman with strawberry blonde hair in a bloody fur coat and black heels.

It's hard to place all the faces in such a state, but everyone is sure they've seen these people around Rattlewater, living their own lives.

Apparently this isn't true anymore.

fella

"A-Are those... more corpses...?" Oliver shakily asked as he shivered -- not due to the cold, but at seeing the ghastly sight. The performer was mortified, judging by his facial expression, which was a mix of horror and disgust.

"And they're tied up... Oh, god. W-Were they kidnapped and killed here?! I--" He stopped himself to take in a deep, shaky breath. "What the hell is with these damned caves...?"
Page 30 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus