Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 31 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

Klifford looked horrified at the discovery of the bodies. "God... What the hell happened here...?" He said, his voice barely audible. "Wait a second... Is that...?"

The pediatrician took a step closer to the edge of the water to get a better look at one of the bodies. "No..." The color drained from his face. "It's just as I feared..." He mumbled, staring at the corpse of the teenager as he spoke. "That boy... He was a patient of mine. His name was Alec Grisham. He was a bit of a troublemaker, but I could tell he was a good person. It's been about six months since I last saw him... I never expected to find him like this... Just what happened to you, Alec?" The corpse obviously didn't respond.

"...Who would do such a thing? And why?"

"Those are...people from the town?" Micah asked in a weak voice, sounding like she was out of breath. "No one else had been reported missing, right? How could anyone else end up here?"

She averted her eyes from the corpses, then turned to the doctor. "Six months? Did you know of anything strange happening to him before then...?" She inquired, desperate to make sense of this situation.
Signature loading, please wait...

fella

"W-Wait, that's... that's Gale Silverman!" Oliver suddenly exclaimed with a dramatic gasp, covering his mouth with his hand. "She was married to a rather rich man, and when she got a divorce, she was all over the news. I was admittedly jealous of all of the attention and spotlight she was stealing, but I was thankful that her presence in the news eventually disappeared," he elucidated.

"But this... this may be the reason why she hasn't been in the news..." He shuddered and rubbed his arm. "If-- If I knew this was the reason why, I wouldn't be thankful at all..." He looked down for a moment before glancing over to Klifford, saddened to hear that the boy was one of his patients.

Ciro slowly glances over the bodies.

He has a look of shock and sadness... until he reaches the balding guy, in which Ciro smiles.

Cesar Zero wrote:
"Those are...people from the town?" Micah asked in a weak voice, sounding like she was out of breath. "No one else had been reported missing, right? How could anyone else end up here?"

She averted her eyes from the corpses, then turned to the doctor. "Six months? Did you know of anything strange happening to him before then...?" She inquired, desperate to make sense of this situation.

"No, I can't say that I have." Klifford replied. "He didn't grow up in the best household, and while that is unfortunate, it isn't exactly what I'd call strange..."

Just another day.

"When matt saw the bodies it took him a second but...he soon became pale...He recognized three of them.

"Well...shit, dont much care about the famous broad but the two there...the one in rags is Earnest...was a good guy honestly...
and the brat there, cant remember his name...snuck in the bar occasionally...cant blame him really, seemed to have trouble at home."

Matt was admittedly a bit shaken from seeing them here...dead.

Last edited by Cold52 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The American Dream

"That bald fella in the suit ran my favorite restaurant..." Brandy said quietly. "I thought he moved outta town a while ago..."

"Ferdie Barone," Ciro muttered to Brandy.

"His name is Ferdie Barone. He treated his workers like crap, and moved out of town a month ago. It seems he got his karmic retribution in the end."

Ivan looked panicked as he lost his composure at the sight of four more dead bodies. Instinctively taking out his baton, he ran up to the bodies and began investigating them immediately, his eyes widening as he identified each body. Taking a few moments to himself, he slammed his baton violently against one of the walls, causing a dangerous shake that seemed to shake the foundation of the icy cavern. Walking up to each corpse, he pats each on one the cheek as if he wanted to comfort them somehow.

"...The town of Rattlewater has failed you, fellow citizens," Ivan whispered to himself. "May you live blissfully in the afterlife."

He turned to the others and began to identify each body, walking from one corpse to the next.

"I see that some of you are familiar with these citizens..."

"Indeed, the boy's name is Alec Grisham. He was a troubled kid, but that's all he was...a child. Not much younger than I am. Still, there was room for someone to steer his life in a new direction. He didn't respect me and had a penchant for vandalism, but...I thought he had run away from home...but he had turned up here."

He walked over to the man with the torn suit.

"This man is Ferdie Barone...he had owned a local restaurant. It was successful, but...he moved away to expand. What is he doing in a place like this..?"

Next was the man in rags, identified as Earnest.

"He was retired in an area where drug trades were common. I had to interrogate him as a witness before, simply because of his proximity...I have no evidence to say he was involved...I can't recall the last time I saw him, either."

Finally, he reached the woman.

"And finally, as identified by Oliver...Gale Silberman. Former wife of a tech magnate. Always over the radio...I had assumed she retired."

"Mr. Gardner, and these four bodies were discovered in this cavern. At this rate, I won't be surprised if we discover more dead bodies as we progress in our investigation. I...fear as if Mrs. Gardner is involved with all of this. Perhaps...we should no longer review this as a rescue mission."

He snapped at Ciro at hearing him trash on Barone.

"Hold your tongue. He ran a fine restaurant and was a reputable man. Regardless, you should not speak of the dead in such a manner!"

"That's... Alec?" Charlotte muttered, putting a hand over her mouth as she stared at the boy's corpse. "Oh my god oh my god..."

Just another day.

As matt continued to stare at the bodies matt felt his head hurt...almost toppled over from it...his blood ran cold as he remembered something.

"Hey...looking at this shit just made me remember something..."
Matt look shaken.

"Cant say any of you might believe me but awhile back one night id got completely drunk, way worse then usual...almost chose just to pass out on the street that night but...some bastard put a bag over my head, fucker or maybe more then one also tried to bind my hand's...struggled like hell to get out, didnt bother try to yell for help since anyone for miles dont think shit of my ass anyways...probably would have helped if they if they could...got knocked out at one point...woke up some place, fuck if I know where or the time though...was lucky I managed to get back to the bar and got help."

"Fucking miracle I survived and now that im remembering it I cant help but wounder...Is this related to that?"

Benjamin tried to keep his usual calm demeanor when they found the bodies but it was clear that this was something a bit too left field for him to have considered. All he could do was stare at them as frantic conversations went on around him.

"Will do absolutely anything to maintain the façade of a peaceful small town...” He moaned, as if reciting something. “That’s the mayor’s weakness. I should’ve mentioned it earlier, but I didn’t think the truth could be this horrifying.”

Shy guy

"Alec was a classmate of mine," Seb said coldly, largely ignoring everyone else as he stared down at the bodies. "He wasn't very nice. We all thought he'd ran away from home."

He didn't seem to have any response to Matt's story, and instead turned to Benjamin. "Are you saying the mayor might have been involved with this too? We seem to be blaming everything on either him or Enola at this point. Is it all connected? Or is there even more to these events that we're missing?"

“I’m just repeating what I read in the die. But if the mayor is trying to maintain a peaceful image of the town, it stands to reason he must know something about its true nature...”

Shizune didn't seem to have anything to say regarding what was starting to feel like just the latest in a constant series of terrible incidents and discoveries.

Just another day.

JesusMonroe wrote:
“I’m just repeating what I read in the die. But if the mayor is trying to maintain a peaceful image of the town, it stands to reason he must know something about its true nature...”

"Read in the die? brat you use the die? Can't imagine how you used the die unless you took something of the mayor before we entered the cave...unless of course the mayor isn't who you took something from...you steal from the satan bastard brat?

"Nonsense. Stealing from each other is against the rules." Benjamin flatly refuted. "I used his gold watch. Ideally we would return it, but it felt more important to get a chance at getting answers."

Just another day.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Nonsense. Stealing from each other is against the rules." Benjamin flatly refuted. "I used his gold watch. Ideally we would return it, but it felt more important to get a chance at getting answers."

"Ahh, makes sense, dont care much one way or another...but what ya said about the mayor starting to make me think that this shits all connected...wouldnt be surprised if thats the real reason were all in this damn cave in the first place."

"...The facade of a small, peaceful town..." Ivan repeated, sounding concerned about that. "What is this about a facade..?"

The American Dream

“...so we still don’t know who stole from Nail?” Brandy asked, not really sure what plot point to focus on anymore.

Micah shook her head. "I doubt whoever did it plans to confess at this point, and I can't see how else we could find out..."

"And this supposed weakness of the mayor's just makes things more confusing. Why would he set something like this up if he wanted to keep such a facade? Judging by that report we heard before, this expedition is having the opposite effect on the image of the town."

Everyone suddenly feels a low rumble, the ground flexing and shaking. It lasts for barely a couple seconds, but everyone is anxious about what happened.

It came from the mines.

[Please refrain from posting until you have checked your quicktopic and figured out what happened to you.]

"What the...? Is everybody alright?" Micah called out shortly after the rumbling stopped. "Can anyone hear me...?" Her voice seems to be coming from the upper part of the ice caves.

Just another day.

Cesar Zero wrote:
"What the...? Is everybody alright?" Micah called out shortly after the rumbling stopped. "Can anyone hear me...?" Her voice seems to be coming from the upper part of the ice caves.

Yea I hear ya dumbass...might be up shit creek without a paddle as well, since the place behind us collapsed trapping us here...least I finally got some bee...

Matt found the beer he had finally acquired to be gone.

"Welp brat can ya do me a solid and just off me here? Cause the only good thing here is no longer on me and the walls containing my rage are about to collapsed like that damn mine."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Cesar Zero wrote:

Daniel seems to come out from behind Mica, patting his clothes down. He grunts in annoyance, staring up at the wall of debris. "And of fuckin' course something just has to go wrong. I lost my megaphone too in that clusterfuck."

His gaze wanders over to the collapsed beams, then to Matt. "It's too early to give up, soldier! Give me a hand and help me push these beams away, will you? Might as well try before deciding to wait."

The quiet clicking of typewriter keys in the darkness indicated Shizune had made it into the 'upper group'.

Benjamin seemed to be in the upper group as well, but he hadn’t said anything. He observed the collapsed structure to see if there was any way of removing pieces without making the whole situation worse.

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
Benjamin seemed to be in the upper group as well, but he hadn’t said anything. He observed the collapsed structure to see if there was any way of removing pieces without making the whole situation worse.

The structures seem to be quite impenetrable now that they've collapsed. There are a few large stones dangerously hanging over the top, threatening to come down if anyone tries using any brute force.

There don't seem to be any alternate exits in the caverns.

Ciro dives into the ice cavern with the rest of the upper group. His belt appears to be missing.

Klifford was able to make it to the upper part of the caverns as well. He looks around at the other members of the group.

"Do you guys think the others who didn't make it up here are okay...?"

The American Dream

"Jesus Christ..." Brandy muttered, having made it to the upper ice caverns as well. "That was close. I can feel my heart thumpin' like crazy. Been a while since I felt--wait,"

Confused and panicked, she started looking around the general area, but was unable to find much.

"W-Where's Charlotte?!" she shouted. "This is gettin' ridiculous!"

fella

[ignore this]

Sock

"Oh thank fuckin' god." Bennett said in a sarcastic tone. It seems like he was stuck as well. After a few glances to try and see who was there with him, he only seemed slightly happier about the situation.

"Doubt anything happened to the others, but... How the fuck are we getting out of this situation?"

Happy Maria

Everyone looks around, trying to see if anyone else is with them. It appears there's only 9 of them in the upper ice caverns. They don't appear to sense Nail's presence any longer either, so he must be elsewhere.

They look around, trying to reacquaint themselves with their surroundings. The caverns appear to be mostly the same from when some of the others had visited it. There's still snow everywhere, with the place being quite chilly. The log cabin nearby is the mess hall, looking to be in surprisingly good condition. It must have been cleaned up recently. There's two rooms, the hall itself and a kitchen. The food inside seems to be of good quality as well, with some mineral water inside. There's a stove nearby which appears to be functional still, good for warming yourself up with.

The only other remarkable looking areas are two small igloos. One of them has a few winter coats stacked inside as well as scarfs and other gear for the cold atmosphere. There are hardly enough for everyone though, and a few of them appear to be quite dirty and torn apart. The other igloo has some other stuff inside. There's a single cot inside, looking like it can only have one person sleeping on it. There appears to be some other cool stuff too, like sleds and some bags for storage.

Other than that, the area appears almost eerily empty. Icicles shimmer from the ceiling, look quite sharp. A few people try and call for help, and call out anyone else for help. Charlotte, Oliver, Ivan, Nail, Sebastian... Their names echo throughout, but they get no response. Are they even okay..? Where could they even be? What could have caused all this?

Either way, it doesn't appear that there are any other entances, as noticed earlier. The only entrance seems to be collapsed, with no way out. A look of shock and horror flashes through a few people's faces.

They're trapped.

"Shizune will produce less body heat than all of us." Benjamin shivered, blowing air into his hands. "She should get one of these." He takes one of the winter coats from the igloo and hands it to her.

"What about anybody else?" He looks at the others. "I suggest we use a rotating system for the remaining coats. Unless someone else has a medical condition."

Shizune blinked in mild surprise at the coat offered to her, then smiled softly and shook her head before quickly writing a new letter, the tips of her fingers barely poking out of her sleeves.

Code:
Dear Mr. Bledsoe,

Thank you for your consideration; however, I will be fine for the time being. My jacket is reasonably warm and I have my scarf, so I feel someone in more need of the warmth should use the coat now if we are to take turns.

I would like to offer an additional suggestion, though. I believe I've read that igloos can stay surprisingly warm by recirculating body heat, so those of us not searching for a way out should take shelter in one of the igloos together.

Kind regards,
Shizune Takata

“Sharp idea.” Benjamin said, taking the coat back and putting it in the igloo. “I’ll try to find a way out while I can. I guess I’m about to see what my jacket is made of—but I’ll get a winter coat if it ends up being too much for me.”

He headed off in a mostly aimless direction.

Happy Maria

Benjamin goes over to the blocked entrance, staring at it with a frown.

"Something isn't quite right about this..." He says, somewhat ominously. "What could have caused all of this to happen?"

"I think I might've seen something", Bennett suddenly says. "There was a support pillar back in the mineshaft, right?"

"Yes, it looked quite weak,", Klifford recalls. "It looked like it was about to cave in... and then the mines caved in along with it."

"Well, how did that happen?" Benjamin asks. "It seems to be far too coincidental for the support pillar to give in right as we were in these mines..."

"What're you saying, soldier?" Daniel asks, raising his eyebrow. "You think it was deliberate?"

"But that's ridiculous, for lawd's sake! Why'n earth would someone wanna do somethin' like that?" Brandy questions.

"I have no idea. But it does appear to be a possibility." Benjamin crosses his arms. "Unless... one of you happens to know what caused it?"

Without anything to add to the current conversation, Shizune seemed to struggle for some time to come up with something. Finally she wrote a new message and hesitantly held it out.

Code:
Dear Stars,

There doesn't seem to be much we can do here now. Would anyone care for some soup? I should be able to cook some with what we have in the kitchen.

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

Benjamin used his iron ball to knock against the blocked entrance somewhat rhythmically. It became clear eventually that he was using morse code though he doubted if anyone could understand him, but he hoped Ivan might be able to at least. The message was, “Nobody dead here. Is everyone ok?”

He waited by the wall for a response for some time, hearing someone read Shizune’s question, “Yeah, I’ll take some of you can bring it in a cup or thermos!” He shouted back.
Page 31 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus