Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 33 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

Sock

“Well damn, that’s pretty convenient.”

Bennett turns to the others who might be standing nearby. “Anything we should give Bruce before he runs off?”

The American Dream

Brandy let out a sigh at everything that had just happened. "Yeah, I feel like both Micah and Ciro's votes should either count for less or jus' be revoked entirely. Buncha loose cannons, I swear..."

Spoiler: The Next Day
4:00 PM

Everyone’s sitting in the mess hall. They were called there by Ciro earlier, who claims to have a big announcement. In a few minutes though, Ciro comes out of the kitchen, looking quite pleased with himself.

“I have something special for you all today”, he announces proudly. “We have been working hard on trying to escape these caverns, but we need to rest too. We’re making some progress, of course, but we need more energy.” He claps his hands together. “So, I’ll be preparing a feast for all of you today! This cabin has a lot of food in it, and it’s well stored as well. I’ll just cook some stuff up and serve it to you.”

People seem generally happy about this. Some people grumble that having a grand feast shouldn’t be their main priority, but it is true that a good meal could do everybody some good. Not everyone is quite so happy at Ciro now though, given that he’s responsible for their current predicament.

“Well, this sounds quite good”, Klifford chuckles. “We could all use a break, right, fellas?”

“There better be some beer served or I’m not comin’”, Matt grunts.

“Well, either way, you better attend, Matt. Your life could be on the line!” Klifford advises. “After all, this event looks like… it’s to dine for!”

“Hahaha! I get it!” Bennett guffaws, slapping his knee with surprising gusto. “Nice one, doc!”

People glance towards Bennett with a touch of surprise. They hadn’t taken him to have such an… interesting sense of humour. “Benny, did you really… laugh at that?” Brandy says, almost ready to laugh herself at this surprising revelation.

“Well, it wasn’t that bad, was it?” Bennett sheepishly scratches his head.

“Ahem, yes, well. Anyway, everyone make sure to be here on time. The feast itself should be ready by 5:45, so come here right at that time!” Ciro says.

Everyone slowly leaves the hall to do their own thing, leaving Ciro on his own to start cooking.

[Please hold your posts until the next post.]

7:00 PM

"Hey!" Brandy runs towards the others, waving her arm. "We found it, we found an entrance to the other cavern!"

Everyone feels energized and relieved, grateful for some good news finally.

Brandy waves to everyone and calls them all over to a completely anonymous place in the snow. Very well hidden appears to be a gap big enough for a person. Brandy explains that there had been some snow covering it.

When the group descends down they're greeted by some stale, lightly metallic air. Bennett is already there, breaking through the ice on the floor, "Okay, stand back everyone."

With one more hit, the hole he's working on widens up, showing the dark cavern below.

Spoiler: The Lower Cavern
The nine look down into the pit. Benjamin is already unspooling a rope ladder that the group had made out of the miscellaneous materials they had. They can see a couple of shadowy figures who they call out to. The group begins descending down the ladder, heavy metal ball in tow.

They begin to realize though as they reach the bottom and see the shadowy figures drawing near, each one shaking a little from the cold, or perhaps something else.

Four. There's only four people here.

[Everyone may now post.]

fella

"Finally!" Oliver triumphantly exclaimed. "I was worried that we would never find you all. Though..."

His expression darkened as he looked around at the others. "We have another problem on our hands. As you can plainly see, given that there are only four of us... Charlotte is missing."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Soldier, we don't leave anybody behind here!" Daniel exclaims, quite proud of his (citation needed) group's efforts.

"Did you see Charlotte head anywhere from this cave, soldier? Or is she stuck elsewhere?"

The American Dream

Collin1002 wrote:
"Finally!" Oliver triumphantly exclaimed. "I was worried that we would never find you all. Though..."

His expression darkened as he looked around at the others. "We have another problem on our hands. As you can plainly see, given that there are only four of us... Charlotte is missing."

Brandy's heart sank and her stomach did somersaults upon hearing that. A chill shot down her spine, though not from the sheer cold of the icy caverns.

"M-Missin'? Whaddya mean?! Where is she, Oliver?!" she shouted at him. "How'd you guys lose track of her?!"

fella

WinterCoat wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:

Brandy's heart sank and her stomach did somersaults upon hearing that. A chill shot down her spine, though not from the sheer cold of the icy caverns.

"M-Missin'? Whaddya mean?! Where is she, Oliver?!" she shouted at him. "How'd you guys lose track of her?!"

Oliver defensively held his hands up, shivering a bit. "I-I don't know! We looked around the building we were in and left no stone unturned, but couldn't find a single trace of her."

He then turned to Daniel and shook his head. "I have no idea. The last I saw of her, she was chatting with Officer Ivanov, so perhaps he has a better idea? ... Well, there's also the fact that I lost my flute and... and snapped at her," he admitted with reluctance.

"I ran into the armory to, uh, not cry, but, er, look around there for my flute, and she was left with the officer."

Shy guy

"Ivan found a strange picture that might explain it," Seb spoke up coldly. "Apparently someone sent it to him somehow?"

Collin1002 wrote:

"Charlotte's missing...?" Klifford asked, looking worried. "Oh dear... I hope she's alright..."

fella

KamiPanda wrote:
"Ivan found a strange picture that might explain it," Seb spoke up coldly. "Apparently someone sent it to him somehow?"

"Ah, right, the picture," Oliver replied, snapping his fingers. "Officer Ivanov found a picture of Charlotte looking rather distraught against a gray background... How he got it, though, I'm not sure. And I dearly hope so as well..." he replied to Klifford, his tone genuine.

Benjamin’s face blanched slightly and he looked towards the ground. “Missing...? Somehow I doubt that. Charlie is dead.”

He stated it with assertion like he had seen the body himself.

The American Dream

Collin1002 wrote:
"Ah, right, the picture," Oliver replied, snapping his fingers. "Officer Ivanov found a picture of Charlotte looking rather distraught against a gray background... How he got it, though, I'm not sure. And I dearly hope so as well..." he replied to Klifford, his tone genuine.

"W....What the hell is that s'posed to mean?!" Brandy yelled. "No, wait..."

She took a deep breath and got herself together. "This has gotta be some kinda trick..."

JesusMonroe wrote:
Benjamin’s face blanched slightly and he looked towards the ground. “Missing...? Somehow I doubt that. Charlie is dead.”

"That ain't true! Unless you've got proof that says otherwise...." Brandy said with a lack of confidence.

No other way than to make this mistake.

JesusMonroe wrote:

Daniel glares at Benjamin. "Soldier, you better wait until we see it before saying shit like that. For all we know, they're lost. Kids do dumb shit these days."

The others have a look at the photograph, which Ivan seems willing to produce.

It's exactly as Oliver described. Charlotte is standing there, apparently conscious, and yet there's a real fear in her eyes. There's no real context to the picture. It just is.

The American Dream

"How... who took this?" Brandy wondered. "And did it jus' suddenly appear to Ivan? She looks so afraid..."

The treasure hunter forcefully slapped her forehead. "Damn it! I done went and failed you, Charlie. I'll find you, though, I promise..."

“I’m more curious as to why this photo even exists.” Benjamin wondered aloud as he stared at it. “Can’t think of any reason to take a photo before killing someone, especially one as nondescript as this.”

Shizune took a couple shaky steps from the group; her wheelchair was notably absent, she'd changed her clothes, and she appeared rather tired, but she still had Claudia clutched in her arms. She sat on the ground, set her typewriter down, and wrote up a message, then held it above her head for someone to take.

Code:
Dear Stars,

We should search for Ms. Church immediately. With the group together again, we should be able to more thoroughly inspect the cavern.

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

Just a guy online.

Nail frowns at these constant new revelations. "I don't think I'll be much help here," he said apologetically. "I don't remember much of today, and last I saw her was when Oliver blamed her for taking his flute. She ran into me inside the red room, and I took it upon myself to help her." He shrugged. "I don't know what happened to her whereabouts after that."

Shy guy

WinterCoat wrote:
"How... who took this?" Brandy wondered. "And did it jus' suddenly appear to Ivan? She looks so afraid..."

The treasure hunter forcefully slapped her forehead. "Damn it! I done went and failed you, Charlie. I'll find you, though, I promise..."

"There was nothing you could have done about this," Seb said, still quite cold. "The cave-in, the Killing Game... This was inevitable. In any case, we should start searching immediately. I believe the concrete building is largely out of the question, as most of us were in there and I can't really imagine anywhere to hide inside. We should start with the surrounding premises, though just to be sure a small group could head inside the building."

"I don't believe she could be in the upper caverns since we had to unspool the ladder but we can check if we run out of options here." Benjamin nodded at Shizune. "I'll check the mineshaft where the minecarts are. Others should check out the recreation area and library, perhaps even the lift. Am I missing anything else?"

He clearly expected others to fill in the blanks as he already began to walk towards the mineshaft with an increased pace.

Shy guy

"Actually, the way out of this cavern was blocked by whatever caused the cave-in," Seb called out to Benjamin. "We've been trapped in here just as you've all been trapped in the other cavern above. It's unlikely Charlie found a way out when we couldn't."

The group begins to comb the cavern pretty hard.

The group looks up at the building and sees that the smooth walls are all clean. It’s a very rectangular building with only four walls that reach from floor to ceiling. The group also walks around and examines the snow. It’s really difficult to follow any of the footprints in it, looks like there won’t be any clues to follow there. The little monument thing has nine dice still in it. By the back wall is a wall with a bunch of ice around it. Ivan tells the others that he saw this ice wall as a possible escape route, and had been beating his way through it. On the ground there are a couple tools, though they don’t look very used. There is also some flecks of blood the wall and on the ice below it. The sight of the blood gives the group worry.

Shizune bit her lip and awkwardly pointed at the traces of blood while holding Claudia, then gave a questioning look to the lower cavern group.

"We should divide labor." Benjamin sighed wearily. "Anybody who can't help with this wall, check the other rooms for Charlie. There's the room with clothes, room with the weapons, the red room, and the room with the pews."

He picked up a tool (pickaxe) and began to whack it repeatedly against the wall.

"I did see Mrs. Church exit the meeting hall and head over to the staircase..." Ivan said. "...I think I will try and re-trace her steps."

Benjamin hears something as they're near the wall. His mind immediately goes elsewhere, and he shines a torch out into the cavern.

"The river. Has anyone checked that out yet?"

He ushers everyone after him.

"We checked it, yeah," says Oliver.

Benjamin keeps heading towards it, not looking back at the others. Feeling awkward, they all decide to follow him.

Spoiler: In the Drink
They near the bank. The sounds of the water bubbling from the wall grow stronger. Even as they shine lights directly at it, all they can see is the impenetrable blackness. They can see it quiver and shake, but if anything is right there below the surface, it can't be seen.

Benjamin goes near the edge. The four petrified, cold bodies sit tangled next to the shore, drifting and bumping around, completely lifeless, and yet mostly preserved, even as chunks of skin chip off like ice.

He kneels by the shore. and he reaches straight down into the water with all the bodies. His face contorts for a second as he feels it going completely numb, as if he's becoming one of the corpses as well.

"I can feel it."

"There's a hand."

Benjamin leans down further in the water, his nose almost touching the water, his eyes peering down between the corpses that form the wall against them.

He uses his other hand to use one of the corpses as a brace, to keep him from falling into the water, as he goes all the way down to the shoulder.

Slowly he begins pulling up, and the water begins to bulge up around him, as if something is coming to the surface.

"I've knocked it loose now."

A pallid hand pokes out of the water, frost forming on the joints. It seems strangely immovable, frozen like the other corpses. Then they see it: the green sleeve the hand is trapped in.

The thing reaches the surface. Brown hair fans around it in the water. A heavy, black spear sits lodged in its chest. Another huge red wound sits open in the chest, but parts of it have already begun to pale.

Spoiler: ...

“Oh dear, it happened again,” said Ciro unsurprisingly. “Well, let’s get started with the investigating and the trialing, yes?”

Sock

"Are you... for real?" Bennett turned to Ciro, seeming to care more about his reaction to Charlotte's death than the actual death itself. "Just like that, you're ready to jump ahead and get a move on with things?" His tone seemed to be more on the end of surprise than anger.

fella

Oliver's face immediately sank as he saw the corpse. He took a few shaky steps back, away from the others, before leaning over, placing his hands on his knees. "Oh my god... No, no, nononono... Charlotte, I'm so sorry... I wanted to apologize for my rude, uncouth behavior, but..." he weakly mumbled, before being interrupted as he promptly vomited onto the ground below him.

Benjamin stared at his arm. His hand was already purple, and a small layer of frost was already forming around his sleeve. He could barely feel a thing, and for a moment he imagined what it would be like if he were dead.

"It should've been me... so why am I the one who...?" Benjamin didn't seem frightened. He didn't even seem sad. It seemed more like he was utterly confused by the nature of his reality, as if he thought it weren't possible he'd be in this position again.

Kachu wrote:
"Are you... for real?" Bennett turned to Ciro, seeming to care more about his reaction to Charlotte's death than the actual death itself. "Just like that, you're ready to jump ahead and get a move on with things?" His tone seemed to be more on the end of surprise than anger.

“Yes.”

"A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED, PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO INVESTIGATE. THE TRIBUNAL WILL BEGIN SHORTLY."

Belphegor stands in the middle of the cavern, a ways away. Watching them.

Just a guy online.

Nail turned to Ciro with a cold, cold gaze. With the strips of red and orange wrapped around him, he almost looked like a discount Belphegor.

"And people think I'm the devil," he commented. "Even I'm not so cold and passionless to take this without at least bowing my head in sadness. But apparently that's too much effort for you."

As if to solidify his point, he knelt next to the body, bowing his head, and began muttering under his breath.

"May you find rest and a city who respects you in your next life..." and the rest was unintelligible.

The American Dream

Brandy fell to her knees and sobbed.

“Nonononono... God, Jesus... why her...?”

"We're a team, aren't we?" Benjamin's message seemed directed towards someone, but he didn't give much indication of who. "We only succeed if everybody does their part. If everybody pulls their weight."

He then looked straight at Ivan. "You said you wouldn't let anyone else die. I hope you're preparing to make up for it."

"...Fuck!" Ivan screamed, kicking the ground. "How could...I let this happen again?!"

Ivan glared daggers at Benjamin after his comment, but was not combative in response.

"...I-I intend to take full responsibility for everything," Ivan glared, walking away from the body and isolating himself.

Just another day.

Matt stood there, completely still, completely silent for some time before finally responding.

"well shit, guess the bitch bit the dust, aint no use crying over it" Matt scratched his head. "guess lets get this investigation shit out of the way."

The thirteen divide into four groups to search the place.

Spoiler: Investigation Teams
Concrete Building, Meeting Room - Daniel, Ivan, Matt

Concrete Building, Red Room and Stairway Area - Ciro, Shizune, Oliver

Concrete Building, Armory - Benjamin, Sebastian, Micah

Autopsy and Crime Scene - Bennett, Brandy, Klifford, Nail

Spoiler: Resources

When the teams reconvene, Belphegor is standing by a stone-hewn rectangular passageway in the wall.

"NONE OF YOU FOUND THIS PASSAGEWAY, THOUGH IT WAS HERE THE WHOLE TIME."

Somehow, the cold makes Belphagor's announcement voice sound even colder.

"It leads back to the tribunal space. You are free to use it in the future, although now it is time for you all to engage one another in an important rite. The rite of justice as it were."

He follows them through the dusty passageway, keeping his distance at the back, always watching them. Bruce floats a few paces ahead.

Finally, they arrive back in the room with the shrine. The last place they had seen Lavender. The place they were for the tribunal of Carrie's death.

"I've been thinking... Failure in this game is bad, but I never want to inconvenience the killer. Never ever. So, if all of you get this wrong, I've decided on your collective debt:"

Spoiler:
"IF YOU FAIL TO FIND THE TAINTED IN THIS TRIBUNAL, YOU WILL EACH LOSE ONE CLOSE FRIEND, SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY."

"This is the tribunal for the death of Charlotte Church. Please take some time to discuss what you all witnessed recently, particularly those among you who were with her. Try to figure out what happened and why. Surely, you will find fulfillment in this."

"Especially you, Brandy," Belphagor adds, in a twisted, almost mocking cantor. "I'm sure you will need this for your peace."

"If you're the killer, then good luck. This isn't going to be easy for anyone."
Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 2 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

Just a guy online.

"Let's get this over with swiftly."

Nail placed his hands on the sides of his podium, his face mysteriously blank. "As we all know, I was tasked with examining the body alongside the good doctor, Mr. Benjamin, and Ms. Brandy. I will leave the description of the wounds and the estimation of time of death to Mr. Klifford, but we did find a number of things on the deceased body, including a number of tubes of unknown origin, a book, and an unused die. She also wore an amulet, but I can explain that, as I gave it to her as a good luck charm.

"Beyond that, I will leave it to my fellow investigators to speak their mind on what we found."
Page 33 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus