Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 20 of 22[ 880 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Convince Percy it's a dream and boldly declare my love for him.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

Sure sounds like Percy's played BotW. But Vesti doesn't know that because he's a butt

Therefore, ask him where we are!

ASCEND

Yeah so basically my brother graduated from college. I'm just gonna stop providing excuses if I miss a week cause my life's pretty chaotic right now and it'll most likely happen again.

Spoiler: I hope someday I can become a man worth your trust again.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
AAAAAAH I MISSED THE COLOR QUESTION
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--*bricked*
Present Police Badge to both of these nerds now that you're here. Also examine the journal.

Present: Police Badge: Percy Graham

“Alright, first things first. Percy, I’d like you to take a look at my badge!” Vesti quickly grabbed his police badge and held it out proudly in a fluid, oft-practiced motion.

Unfortunately, Percy seemed unfazed. “Yes, I see it. I’ll assume otherwise, but do you happen to have any particular purpose in showing it to me?”

“Well, it’s been a few months since the last time you saw it, right?” Vesti said, “Don’t you think it’s a lot shinier now?”

“Frankly, I wasn’t paying that much attention the couple hundred times.” Percy looked away in disinterest. “Though if it will keep you satisfied and off my back, then sure. It’s luster is absolutely breathtaking.”

“Thanks, Percy! It’s so nice of you to notice!”

“Now hold on a minute…” Seldon interjected, “You seem to have quite a habit of showin’ that little amulet off. Why’s it so important to you? Is it some sort of ancient cultural tradition for your people?” Seldon stared attentively at Vesti, eagerly awaiting his response.

“Err…yeah, that’s right!” Vesti replied, “Everyone gets assigned these special badges from birth, and then we show them to each other everyday as a form of greeting!”

“Ah, interesting…” Seldon nodded his head and then turned to Percy. “Does he have a, uh…‘badge’ too?”

“He did,” Vesti explained, sighing in disappointment. “But he’s since turned against our customs and history. Now he just acts all dour and ruins everyone else’s fun.”

“Don’t listen to him,” Percy said, “If anything, he’s the one who openly refuses to fit in.”

Vesti leaned in to Seldon and whispered, “I think he’s just jealous that my badge is shinier than his.”

“Ooh, how dramatic!” Seldon looked around frantically. “I need to write this down!”

Talk: Percy Graham: Where Are We?

“Didn’t you have something important to ask me about?” Percy said, fiddling with the edge of his hood. “Quite ironic that you’d insist I was acting too frivolous not long ago…”

“Oh, don’t worry, Percy, I was only getting warmed up,” Vesti replied, “But now that you’re ready to start, I’d like to hear it from you. How do you know so much about this place - Hateno Village?”

“Well, as you likely expected, I’ve been here before…though not in the same capacity.”

“Do you mind being a little clearer?” Vesti asked, “Unless you’re trying to imply that this place is only a short drive away from the city.”

Percy seemed to ignore the detective for a moment, simply looking away in thought, but he eventually turned back to him and mumbled. “Have you, by any miniscule chance, heard of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?”

“Hmm…no I can’t say I ha--”

“Oh, that must be the legend of our princess!” Seldon shouted, “And the dreadful Calamity of a hundred years past…”

“Princess? C-Calamity? What’s all this about?”

“I’ll let Seldon fill you in on that matter in your own time. Besides, he’s missing the point. Listen closely,” Percy paused for a moment, then lowered his voice and continued, “Breath of the Wild is hardly a simple legend. It’s a real world video game…and the two of us appear to be trapped inside.”

“A video game…” Vesti mumbled. “I was…beginning to suspect that.”

“Well then, perhaps it’s my turn to accuse you of suspicious behavior,” Percy remarked, “You seem quite willing to accept this possibility, even on my word alone.”

“You’ve also been logically minded, Percy, so I doubt you’d just make something like this up,” Vesti explained, “But the point is, I’ve had a similar experience before, though I was joined by Lauren Thera instead…Something about a short Italian dude named ‘Mario.’”

Percy’s eyes widened in surprise for a moment, though it almost seemed to be a look tinged in jealousy. “I’m not entirely sure if you’re telling the truth. But in any case, I haven’t seen Ms. Tehra in a while. That's somewhat unfortunate, admittedly; perhaps if she was here you’d leave me alone.”

“H-Hey, what are you guys talking about?” Seldon asked, “I’m sorry, I just can’t keep up when you start talkin’ so fast!”

“Well, she could still be here…maybe we just haven’t found her yet,” Vesti mumbled, ignoring Seldon. “I’ve still got one more question though. How'd you wind up in this so-called game? Did you perhaps have a run-in with a man in a white jacket with Saturn-shaped hair?”

Percy gave Vesti a skeptical glare. “…Certainly not. That just sounds like another of your twisted fantasies. My last memory was pulling an all-nighter at my office. As far as I know, I fell asleep, and this is all some ridiculous dream that I’ll wake from shortly.”

“So does that mean I can declare my undying love for you without you holding it against me?” Vesti asked.

“If you did that, you’d never see the full extent of my wrath,” Percy crossed his arms and closed his eyes. “Point is, for now I plan to avoid getting bothered with the details. However, if the world keeps turning without me…I may have to start fighting back.”

“Hmm…I guess I’m being a little rude…” Seldon sighed and rubbed the back of his head. “If you two need me, I’ll just be lookin’ out the window…alone.”

Seldon solemnly sauntered over to the window and gazed into the darkening evening outside.

Talk: Percy Graham: Catching Up

“So, Percy, how have things been going for you recently?”

“Business as usual, I suppose,” Percy said, “I’ve mostly been focused on my job.”

“Yeah, I’ve noticed!” Vesti said, “In fact, his is probably the most focused I’ve seen you in a while!”

“And what’s that supposed to mean?” Percy mumbled, before glowering when he caught Vesti’s implication. “Ah, yes…Well, if it pleases you to know, I’m been moderating my usage of video games more closely lately.”

“Oh, nice job, Percy!” Vesti shouted, “What about other people? Have you made any new friends recently?”

Percy fell silent for a moment and looked away dismissively. “Like I said, I’ve been busy with work.”

“You just need to get yourself out there! Here’s a suggestion,” Vesti put a fist to his chest. “Why don’t you start by asking what I’ve been up to!”

“…Sorry, I’m afraid I couldn’t care less,” Percy replied in deadpan. “Here’s a suggestion of my own. How about you mind your own business for a change?”

Examine: Seldon’s Journal

Completely disregarding Percy’s advice, Vesti sneaked over to the nightstand sitting by Seldon’s bed and grabbed his journal from atop it. Vesti held it up and ran a finger across the worn leather cover. He flipped it open and perused the fragile-looking pages, skimming the contents. None of it seemed to be particularly interesting or scandalous. Seldon seemed to simply enjoy writing about how much he loved Hateno Village and his family.

“Oh for the love of…” Percy said, putting a hand to his forehead. “Seldon, you should know that Mr. Gates is invading your privacy.”

Seldon didn’t seem to notice Percy’s warning. He was busy leering out the window with a vaguely surprised look on his face.

“Seldon, pay attention!” Percy snapped, “This is no time for aimless window-gazing.”

“H-Huh?! Oh, uh…” Seldon glanced out the window again and then back to Percy. “S-Sorry. I didn’t mean to worry you! Wh-What were you talking about?”

Percy raised an eyebrow, but didn’t question Seldon’s behavior any further. He instead nodded his head towards Vesti.

Seldon followed Percy’s motion and started in surprise. “H-Hu-- Hey! That journal is private!” Seldon charged over to Vesti and snatched the journal out of his hand.

“Oh, sorry Seldon!” Vesti shouted, “I was just doing some investigating to, err…learn more about Hateno! That’s my job, after all!”

“Well, we don’t go snoopin’ in other people’s journals around here!” Seldon replied. “Listen, you two have been actin’ a little weird lately. I recommend you try to adapt to our way of life a little more. We wouldn’t want to have the other townsfolk on edge!”

“Don’t worry, Seldon,” Percy said, “I’ll try to keep his antics under control.”

“O-Oh, well, excellent… That’s good to hear.” Seldon trailed off and then glanced back toward the window. It seemed he was already on edge himself.

Investigation: Main Road
Examine:
Bed, Window.
Talk:
Percy Graham
Where Are We?
Catching Up
Seldon
Strange Visitors (Part 2)
Move:
There’s really no reason to leave right now...
Present:
To Percy Graham
To Seldon
What will you do?

Prestige: 100%

Evidence: https://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1437930#p1437930
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Wow Vesti doesn't even remember how to spell Tehra anymore smh.

Also still ignoring the colour question I see >: (

Examine the bed for now. Doesn't it just look so comfy? Maybe I could just grab a quick nap while nobody's looking.

Shy guy

What's up with that WINDOW??

Gettin' Old!

Suggest that since this is a video game, we should get some swords and settle our differences once and for all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

Talk about the strange visitors (part 2)!

ASCEND

Figured this would be quick enough that I could get it out this week. I’ll be gone next Friday, so I probably won’t be posting, but after that I oughta be able to update this regularly for a while.

Spoiler: No time to come up with anything here!
Don’t know where it goes

Examine: Window

“You look a little shaken up, Seldon,” Vesti said, walking over to the window. “What out here’s bothering you so much?”

Seldon glanced at Vesti as the detective looked upon the gloomy view outside. “O-Oh, nothing at all!” Seldon said, “I-In fact, this happens to be one of the few places in Hateno Village without anything to talk about!”

Indeed, there was nothing of any interest outside. It was already well within the evening, so the typical dusk shadows were intermingling to produce an impenetrable sea of darkness. Even the lamplights could only provide vague silhouettes of the street below. Either Seldon simply had better vision than Vesti, or the object of his concern had already disappeared.

“Hmm…” Vesti said, “Seldon, I hate to doubt you, but your expression makes it very clear that you saw something strange out there. Why are you keeping things from me?”

“Oh, well…” Seldon sighed, scratching his head. “I just didn’t think it was worth getting everyone worked up over. I-It was probably just my eyes playin' tricks on me anyway!” Seldon looked down and continued under his breath. “Besides...no way it was one of them…”

“One of whom?” Percy asked, “Do you mind being a little more specific?”

Seldon remained silent and looked out the window a little longer. Then he turned to Vesti and shuffled away from him. Looking between the two strangers, he slowly asked, “I…don’t suppose either of you are members of…the Yiga Clan?”

Obviously Vesti and Percy were both dumbfounded by this question, but for totally different reasons.

“The What-A Clan?!”

“Do you really think I’d tell you if I was?”

“Well, I mean, it’s all adding up,” Seldon said, “Your simultaneous arrival, the weird rules of your society, the weird figure outside…I try to keep an open mind, but when you take it all together, I’m sure you can understand how weird it all looks!”

“I can certainly understand your suspicions,” Percy said, reaching beneath his hood to scratch his hair. “But neither of us have any affiliation with the Yiga, and we never would. I suppose you can think of us as our own separate clan, completely removed from the entire conflict.”

“H-Huh? Percy, you know what he’s tal…” Vesti trailed off and mumbled, “Oh, yeah. Of course you do.”

“You don’t even know about the Yiga Clan, Vesti?” Seldon asked, “I guess there’s a good chance you’re innocent then. Not even one of them would pretend to be that ignorant…”

“Exactly,” Percy nodded, “All in all, Vesti lacks the mental acuity to be a Yiga clansmen.”

“Okay, you know what? I resent that!” Vesti shouted, throwing a fist in the air. “I still have no clue what it means though! Mind filling me in?”

“Well, sure…but it’s a lot to explain,” Seldon replied, “But whenever you’re ready to ask, I’m ready to answer.”

{New Talk Option added.}

Examine: Bed

“You know, all this nonsense is making me awfully tired,” Vesti remarked, “I think I’ll take a nap.”

“It is getting awfully late,” Percy admitted, “But I think the three of us have a lot more to discuss.”

“Well, I’d just like to make sure this whole thing isn’t some bizarre nightmare. If I wake up and I'm still here, we can keep talking.”

Deciding that his reasoning was flawless, Vesti walked over to Seldon’s bed and rolled back the covers. The mattress beneath, just like the rest of the bed, was fairly average. Gently testing the springs with his hand, Vesti deduced that the bed probably wouldn’t be that comfortable, but for Seldon it must be very satisfying.

Vesti was about to climb in when Seldon started shouting. “Hey, get away from there! See, this is the kind of behavior that makes you two so suspicious! Folks around here just ask to take a nap; I even have a guest room you could use!”

“Don’t lump me in with his tomfoolery,” Percy said, “I take pride in the effort I put in to appearing sane.”

“Okay, geez!” Vesti replied, backing away from the bed with his hands in the air. “L-Look, I admit I may be a little impulsive. But that doesn’t mean I’m part of whatever group you two are talking about!”

“Hmm…If you say so,” Seldon mumbled uncertainly.

Talk: Seldon: Strange Visitors (Part 2)

“Alright, Seldon, I think I understand what’s going on here well enough, so I’d like to ask you something now,” Vesti said, turning to the tour guide. “I know you’ve had a bunch of visitors here, so have you had any other noticeably strange ones before the two of us? Maybe people who might be prone to skulking outside windows in the dark?”

“Well, no one quite as strange as the two of you,” Seldon admitted thoughtfully. “I do remember a sorta weird fellow comin’ by one or two times recently though.”

“Really? What was his name?”

“I’m afraid I’m not certain what his name was, seein’ as he hardly ever spoke!” Seldon said, “He’d respond to questions, sure, but that’s about it. He’d just sorta pop in with no warning, purchase a few wares, help out a bit, give everyone the impression that he was a nice guy…then he’d just go crazy!” Seldon seemed to pale a little at the memory. “It was real weird stuff too. He’d just set grass on fire, drop these weird bombs all over the place, and run around swingin’ at folks with a pot ladle. And just like that, gone!”

“Wow, sounds crazy…” Vesti mumbled grimly, “Hopefully we don’t run into him. He sounds dangerous!”

“Absolutely. No doubt he’s some kind of scoundrel,” Percy muttered, though he seemed to look off to the side and chuckle to himself. Vesti would have pressed the matter had he ever heard Percy laugh before, but for the moment he assumed it was just a loud cough.

Talk: Percy Graham: Epic Duel

Vesti slid over to Percy, leaned in, and whispered, “So if we’re in a video game or whatever, does that mean we can grab swords and have a duel? And if either of us dies, we’ll just come right back?”

“As much as I’d love to beat you to an utter pulp…” Percy whispered, “I’m willing to bet you’d just perish forever, and that’d leave far too many questions.”

“Yeah, I guess. I certainly wouldn’t want you to end up in jail.” Vesti put a hand to his chin thoughtfully. “Maybe I should ask Chronos about it if we ever meet up…”

“Perhaps dueling with sticks would be less risky, albeit irreparably embarrassing. The whole idea sounds completely pointless though; I certainly have nothing to prove.”

“H-Hey! Are you two conspiring to kill me over there!” Seldon suddenly cried.

Vesti sighed and crossed his arms. “No! We’re just having a friendly discussion! Geez, don’t be so nosy.”

(I guess I should get to asking about this Yiga Clan stuff before Seldon blows a gasket…)

Investigation: Main Road
Examine:
There's nothing left to examine!
Talk:
Percy Graham
Where Are We?
Catching Up
Seldon
Strange Visitors (Part 2)
Yiga Clan
Move:
There’s really no reason to leave right now...
Present:
To Percy Graham
To Seldon
What will you do?

This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

Ask about the Yiga Clan.

Gettin' Old!

Ask Seldon if he has any mighty bananas. I'm really craving some.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Bananas are for NERDS I want some apples man

Shy guy

Ask Seldon if he can perform the dance of his people.

ASCEND

Spoiler: This is probably late dang
But I know it’s meant for me and I walk alone

Talk: Seldon: Yiga Clan

“Alright, Seldon,” Vesti began, “What can you tell me about this ‘Yiga Clan?’”

“Well, they’re a very secretive group of people, so I’m afraid I can’t tell ya much. I only know what the other townsfolk know. But there is one thing you should remember,” Seldon took on a grim expression and explained, “The Yiga Clan are very dangerous, and you’d be wise to steer clear.”

“Why?” Vesti asked, “What makes them so dangerous?”

“To put it simply, they’re a bunch of assassins and thieves. Supposedly they’ve sworn allegiance to Calamity Ganon and have made it their mission to destroy all who oppose him - meaning us common townsfolk and pretty much anyone with a trace of sanity. Some of my friends have had run-ins with them, and they barely got away without getting shredded to bits by their sickles!”

“Ah, I see! Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t want anything to do with people who support Calamity Ganon!” Vesti shook his head firmly as if he knew what Seldon was talking about and then turned to Percy with a pleading look on his face.

Percy rolled his eyes. “Listen up, cause I’ll only say it once. Calamity Ganon is a disturbing beast that ravaged this world hundreds of years ago, killing most of its inhabitants. It’s set to return soon, which is why monsters have been appearing to harass the innocent locals.”

“Wait, seriously?” Vesti cried, surprised and suddenly concerned. “Why would anyone support something like that?!”

“Well, as far as I can recall, the Yiga are offshoots of a completely different clan…” Percy said, “One that was driven out of Hyrule for using some kind of illegal technology. Some of that clan who resented their treatment by the Hylians decided the enemy of their enemy was their friend, so they split off from the others.”

Before Vesti could respond, Seldon interjected, “Whoa, wait wait wait…how do you know all this? Aren’t you supposed to be the trustworthy one?”

“O-Oh…Well, uh,” Percy said, momentarily caught off guard. “I…infiltrated a Yiga Clan base once, actually. So I got a bit of inside info.”

“Whoa!” Seldon shouted, “That’s so cool! This is great material for my tours, too! Hey, can you autograph my, uhh…” Seldon looked frantically around the room. “…bananas?!”

“Wait…” Vesti raised a hand and continued, “Before you two start messing around with your bananas, I have another question. How do you identify a Yiga Clan member?”

“Oh, that’s easy! Their outfits are very distinctive. Just keep this in mind: if you see anyone dressed in red and black with a mask depicting an eye, then hurry out of there! Especially if they’re armed with a Viscous Sickle!”

“But what if they took the costume off? Would they look pretty much identical to any of us?”

“Well…essentially,” Seldon admitted, “But Yiga members have two other things in common. First of all, they all possess an insatiable love of Mighty Bananas. Secondly, they supposedly all have their symbol branded on their body as a show of devotion…though no one I know’s actually seen it.”

“Hmm…Interesting. Not even I’d heard of that one,” Percy mumbled.

Seldon smiled proudly. “See? Told ya you can count on me.”

“Well in any case, thanks for the info, Seldon,” Vesti said, “We might end up needing this later…”

{Yiga Clan Info added to Evidence}

It looked to be well into the evening now. The world surrounding the store was bathed in darkness, lightly mixed with faint rays of moonlight. The conversation inside grew somewhat slow as Vesti had no more pertinent questions to ask. The discussion instead turned to their future plans.

“So, Vesti, since you apparently have experience with this sort of thing,” Percy said, “How much longer do you suppose we’ll be here?”

“I’m…not really sure, honestly,” Vesti replied, “I was at least given a more concrete goal last time…but we haven’t seen any sign of that Chronos dude so far.”

“Well, I’m not really sure what you’re talkin’ about,” Seldon said, “But I hope you two stay for at least a little while! I’m sure your strange behavior’ll be a hit with the locals!”

Percy shook his head. “Believe me, Seldon, if you knew more about us, you’d know we’re not the types you want to run into often. At least when it comes to professional work.”

“Exactly,” Vesti replied, “That’s why I’m worried about this Yiga Clan. With them hanging around, this village seems ripe for an, err…incident.”

“Hmm? What kind of incident are you talking about?” Seldon asked.

“Ideally you won’t have to know,” Vesti crossed his arms and locked eyes with Percy. “Seeing as things are looking mostly peaceful for now, maybe Chronos charged us with a different goal. Rather than trying to clean up after the Yiga Clan’s actions…we may be tasked to stop them before they strike. And if so, I hope I can rely on your help.”

“Of course,” Percy nodded, “I know all about what loss can do to a community.”

Suddenly, a loud noise broke the peaceful silence. Vesti immediately recognized it as a bell, though he wasn’t entirely certain where it was coming from. However, the insistence of its repetitive tones immediately filled him with a sense of fear and urgency.

“Wh-What was that?” Vesti asked.

He turned towards Seldon for guidance and didn’t like what he found. Seldon’s brow was furrowed, his expression hard and unwelcoming, set in grim determination. “That’s our emergency meeting bell. But this late at night…it ain’t gonna be a surprise announcement.”

Vesti and Percy shared concerned glances, wondering what could have prompted the disturbance. However, they wouldn’t have to for long, as soon enough a new sound made the truth clear.

It was a woman’s voice, shouting from what must have been several meters away. But the shrill panic in her tone and her terrifying message was clear. “MURDER! MURDER! …MURDER!”

Seldon gasped. “T-To the main road! NOW!”

The group needed no urging. They didn’t even catch each other’s glances before turning toward the door and charging down the wooden steps. They hurried through the lobby, not noticing Sophie standing in the corner like a deer in the headlights, and stepped outside. It didn’t take long for them to spot the source of the commotion.

A gentle flame sparked in the sky, hanging from a spoke of the large Hateno Village windmill. It was a miniature sun shining through the night, but at its center was the deepest darkness. A limp male form was dangling there, dried blood streaking from a hole in his chest. His face was lost in the long strands of black hair hanging over it, but seeing the unnatural position of the body was chilling enough.

The man was dead. The windmill continued to turn, unconcerned.

The air was still; no one dared draw breath. But one thought was clear on Vesti and Percy’s minds.

(Guess we know why we’re here…)

Date: ??? Time: Too Late. Location: Windmill.

A sizeable crowd had already gathered by the time Seldon charged onto the scene, Vesti and Percy struggling to keep up. Seldon looked out across the sea of horrified faces, all focused skyward at the gruesome sight, and then let out a shout loud enough to be heard over the rapid chattering.

“Okay, everyone! Listen up! Let’s try to remain calm!” he said, “Can someone explain what’s happened?”

A peal of high-pitched, sardonic laughter rang out. Vesti turned to the source and discovered a very strange-looking man. With small eyes, a distinct nose, and buck teeth, he resembled a rat, and his hunched posture failed to make him any more approachable. His outfit seemed to consist of a working apron stashed with chemicals, a pathetic band of bright red hair, and a blue handkerchief tied around his neck.

The man’s laughter died down, and he shook his head solemnly. “Ain’t it obvious, fella? Just look up at the windmill. Someone hung Reede up there like an ornament!”

“Wh-What?” The shock on Seldon’s face was immediately evident. His hulking form visibly trembled. “N-No, this can’t be real!”

“I’m afraid it’s true,” the scratchy-voiced man continued. “Just wait ‘till it comes back down and see for yourself!”

Suddenly, a wail erupted from a woman in the crowd. The other townsfolk rushed to comfort her. Vesti heard Percy mumbling nearby. “H…His wife.”

Vesti shivered at the scene before him. “S-Seldon!” he stammered, stepping forward. “C-Could this be the work of the Yiga Clan?”

“It must be!” Another man spoke up as he stepped to the front, though Vesti had already spotted him anyway. It was hard not to with his flashy fashion; baggy pink pants, a blue overcoat with no undershirt, and a leopard-print boa compensated well for his deteriorating head of gray hair. The man struck a pose, one arm pointing at the hanging body. “Take a look at the weapon spearing him to the windmill! It’s a Viscous Sickle!”

“Huh? B-But, no…that’s impossible!” Seldon replied, “We’ve been on guard all night!”

“Well, it seems a Yiga footsoldier had already infiltrated our group,” the suspicious man said, “But worry not! We seem to have found the fiend responsible!”

“Yep, riiiiight on the money!” The fashionable man shouted, pumping his fist. “In fact, the two of us even caught him in the act with our own eyes!”

Percy’s eyes lit up. “W-Well, where is he then?! We need to track him down before he strikes again!”

“Yeah, he’s right,” Vesti added, nodding. “Not to mention we’ve got to collect evidence from the scene. Time is of the essence here!”

The fashionable man turned toward Vesti and Percy. He jabbed a thumb at them and asked Seldon, “Hey, who the hell are these guys?”

“Oh, uh…don’t worry, they’re new to town, and they’ve been with me all night. We can definitely trust them!”

The man turned back to Vesti and Percy. “Good, because I can tell from the determination in your eyes that you’re used to this sort of thing…aren’t you?”

“…I hate to admit it, but yes,” Percy replied, “We both deal with murderers professionally on a regular basis.”

“Excellent!” the fashionable man clapped his hands, “Let’s get to work then! Chop-chop!”

“So that’s why you were bein’ so secretive earlier!” Seldon mumbled, “I guess Percy breakin’ into that Yiga base was part of your detective work?”

“Alright, I know this is a tough time for everyone…but I expect all of your cooperation,” Vesti shouted, “If you all want justice for this Reede fellow, we’ll have to work together.”

“Of course, of course,” the strange man mumbled, “Believe me, this fellow will get exactly what’s coming to him…”

(Things have picked up really quickly, but it looks like I’ve been tossed into an investigation again. Still, my goals are clear enough. I should talk to the witnesses and then examine the scene! Oh, and learn more about the victim in the process…)

Investigation: Windmill
Examine:
Reede’s Body, Lantern, Windmill Spoke, Crowd, Door.
Talk:
Seldon
Reede
Fashionable Man
Your Account
Suspicious Man
Your Account
Move:
Windmill Interior
Present:
To Seldon
To Fashionable Man
To Suspicious Man
What will you do?

Gettin' Old!

Ask the fashionable man about fashion!

And also his account.

Then throw a fairy at the dead body.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Ask the suspicious man about what he was doing. And then his least favourite colour.

Shy guy

Definitely want to know who Reede was before proceeding much further. Ask Seldon about him, and I guess examine his body too if that's not too many actions for one round.

ASCEND

Spoiler: I’m not salty, you are!!
I walk the lonely street

Talk: Seldon: Reede

“Hey, Seldon…” Vesti began, “This Reede, person…who exactly was he?”

“W-Well…” Seldon turned away from the windmill and looked down solemnly. “He…w-was a good man…Reede’s been the head of Hateno Village for a while now, and he’s done a lot of work to help our village prosper in recent years. But he cared most of all for his wife a-and…h-his daughter.”

“Ooh, speaking of which, where is Karin?” the fashionable man asked, “Someone should be with her…”

“She’s back at the house,” a burly-looking man replied, “Her mom and a few others just left to check on her.” Indeed, Vesti noticed that the large crowd of bystanders was already thinning out, though many may have left of their own accord.

“Ah, excellent…” the fashionable man turned backed to Vesti and continued, “Yes, while Reede spent most of his time working for the sake of our village, he loved his family above all else…Ugh, this is simply awful.”

“Do you have any idea why he might have been targeted?” Vesti asked.

“Seems obvious to me!” the suspicious man added, “Reede was the figurehead of our little village - our most honored and venerated leader! If this was the work of the clan, they were surely tryin’ to send a message. You know, make us emotional so we’re unprepared for their next move!”

The fashionable man shook his head. “This village already feels completely different without Reede. Everywhere I look I’m bombarded with some memory of a good deed he did…It really is dispiriting…”

“Well, they’ve made a grave error,” Seldon snapped, “All they’ve done with this plan is guarantee that we’ll strike back even stronger! We’re gonna chase ‘em down and make ‘em pay, because now this is personal!”

“We should get to identifying the culprit then,” Percy remarked, facing the others. “I think the two of you claimed you’d seen who was responsible?”

“Certainly!” the suspicious man added, “I must say, if the Yiga were trying to pull this off stealthily, they really bungled it up!”

(Now that that’s settled, I should talk to the two witnesses. It’d certainly help to have names to refer to them by as well…)

Talk: Suspicious Man: Your Account

Vesti approached the suspicious man, who was busying himself by pouring colored liquid between the flasks on his belt. “Uh…you! You were one of the witnesses, right? What’s your name!”

“Ah, hello! You’re one of the new fellas who fancies himself a detective, huh?” The man cackled somewhat unnervingly, then he stuck out a hand and looked at Vesti slyly. “The name’s Sayge. It’s great to meet ya’!”

“Err…likewise,” Vesti hesitantly shook Sayge’s hand. “Forgive me if this sounds rude but…what exactly are you?”

“Why, what kinda question is that?!” Sayge ripped his hand away, clearly offended. “I know I may look a little strange, but I’m a Hylian, just like everyone here! Well, except you two…” Sayge glared at Vesti suspiciously. “You’ve got some funny-lookin’ ears, y’know that? Did ya’ have a run-in with the bad end of a Yiga soldier’s sickle?”

“Wh-What? No! L-Look, I think you’re confused,” Vesti frantically replied, “I mean are you the village’s alchemist? Healer? Some kinda weird scientist?”

“Ohhh, my job, of course! Why didn’t you just ask?!” Sayge chuckled, quite amused at the silly misunderstanding. “Yes, allow me to formally introduce myself!” Sayge took out two of his bottles and gently swirled the liquid inside. “I’m Sayge, proud owner of the Kochi Dye Shop! If you’re lookin’ for a new splash of color in your life, I’m your man!”

“Oh, dye? Like, for clothes?” Vesti scratched his head. “Sorry, I just expected something a little more…dangerous.”

“Oh, don’t be fooled by the somewhat mundane wares. My work’s risky! My son has almost drowned in my vats more times than I can count!” Sayge laughed, “But yes, I have an extensive collection of pigments at my shop. Perhaps you could swing by? Most of my revenue is from tourists, seeing as the folks here are quite content to wear the same old clothes every single day.”

“Uhh…maybe later,” Vesti said, “I’m more interested in what you witnessed! So, you saw the killer? Who was it?”

“Allow me to enlighten you!” Sayge turned toward the crowd and raised his voice. “In fact, listen up everyone! I’m prepared to reveal the culprit.”

The crowd quieted down as the fashionable man directed their attention towards Sayge flamboyantly. The dye seller smiled and then stepped in front of Vesti. “The hidden Yiga clansmen iiiiis…” Sayge poured two bottles of dye together, causing a puff of green smoke to briefly burst into the air. At this, he shouted, “Beedle, the traveling merchant!”

A collective gasp emerged from the crowd. Percy in particularly seemed slightly shook up. “H-Him, of all people? Are you serious?!”

“Am I ever not?” Sayge laughed, “I admit, I didn’t catch him in the act. But while I was out searching for ingredients in the forest, I happened to catch him sneaking about all suspicious-like. He seemed to be heading here, towards the scene of the crime!”

“Yes, I caught him too. And we’re not alone! There were other witnesses, in fact…” the fashionable man did a quick jig and then struck a pose. “Put it all together, and it’s decisive!”

“S-So it was Beedle, then?” Seldon mumbled, “I’ll admit, he did always seem a bit suspicious…walkin’ around with that huge backpack all the time…”

“Now hold on! Before we jump to conclusions, let’s establish all the facts first!” Vesti said pleadingly.

(Perhaps it’d be worth it to learn more about the suspect as well…)

{New Talk Option added.}

Talk: Fashionable Man: Your Account

“Alright, you’re up next,” Vesti continued, approaching the fashionable man (and Seldon, who was also standing there). “I have to say though…you’ve got a really nice outfit…very fashionable. Are you the tailor?”

“Why thank you, sir!” the man said, cocking his head to the side and running a hand down his boa. “However, I’m afraid I’ve never touched a needle - though I do work with my hands. The name’s Bolson, and I’m head of Bolson Construction. We’ve built most of the houses here, as well as this windmill!”

“Ah, right! Seldon, told me about you earlier!”

“Yeah!” Seldon shouted, thumping a fist on his chest. “I did do that!”

“I must say though, you look quite fine yourself!” Bolson replied, waving in Vesti’s direction. “It’s quite bold, wearing a sweater vest like that in plaid. But you really pull it off!”

“Oh, thank you!” Vesti exclaimed, “No one I know seems to grasp the versatility of the sweater vest, but it’s that splash of color that really completes the whole ensemble! It’s certainly better than wearing some drab work uniform, anyway.”

“Absolutely. There’s no reason you shouldn’t look fabulous on the job! Way I see it, if a client can’t handle that, then surely they can’t handle my excellent craftsmanship. The boys and I will take our business elsewhere - usually two doors down so they wake up everyday to what they missed out on!”

“Do you two mind settling down over there?” Percy interjected, “Bolson, we’ve already heard from Sayge, but what did you witness tonight?”

“Oh, of course!” Bolson said, “Well, my team was out working when we spotted Beedle entering the windmill. Lines up perfectly with Sayge’s testimony, doesn’t it?”

“So this Beedle dude’s lookin’ even more suspicious,” Vesti said, “Do you know where he is now?”

“Certainly,” Sayge added, “He’s holed up in the inn. The innkeeper’s already there looking after him.”

“Then I need to hurry down there and gather more information,” Percy turned to Vesti. “Let’s check out the body, then I’ll go make sure Beedle stays at the inn.”

“Uhh, alright. Suit yourself.” Vesti glanced up at the windmill, where the corpse was slowly making its way downward. “Might be a little bit longer though…”

Talk: Sayge: Least Favorite Color

While waiting for it Reede’s body to come within reach, Vesti approached the dye seller once again.

“Hey, Sayge?” Vesti asked, “Seeing as you work with dyes, I’m a little curious. What’s your least favorite color?”

“Oh, it would have to be grey,” Sayge answered, “Such a dreary color…I run my dye shop to make the town vibrant and lively, not to watch a storm front roll onto the streets!”

“I can understand that…but I mean out of the real colors! Give me some information to work with here!”

“Well, I suppose if I had to choose…perhaps green.” Sayge raised his eyebrows at Vesti’s sweater vest and laughed. “I mean no personal offense, of course! That color’s just everywhere around here, as you can tell. I’d prefer a little more creativity.”

“Oh, uh…sorry,” Vesti mumbled, “Trust me, if I’d known I was gonna be frolicking through nature today, I would’ve dressed more appropriately…”

Examine:
Reede’s Body, Lantern, Windmill Spoke, Crowd, Door.
Talk:
Seldon
Reede
Beedle
Bolson
Your Account
Sayge
Your Account
Move:
Windmill Interior
Present:
To Seldon
To Bolson
To Sayge
What will you do?

Gettin' Old!

Present the detective badge to everyone!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Examine the body maybe? Or if we're still waiting for it to rotate around, then, go examine the door for a few minutes.

Happy Maria

Ask about Beedle to Seldon.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Hey y’all, watch this!
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Present your badge to Sayge and/or Bolson for color and/or fashionability feedback.

Then examine the body, I guess. How'd it get up there?

Talk: Seldon: Beedle

While waiting for the windmill to finish turning, Vesti re-joined Seldon and Percy. “Alright, so what can you guys tell me about the suspect - this ‘Beedle’ fellow?”

“Oh, right, him,” Seldon looked aside and rubbed his chin. “Well, he was no member of Hateno, that’s for sure. I guess you’d call him a traveling salesman. He dropped by every once in a while, luggin’ his huge rhinoceros beetle-shaped backpack around, and tried to sell us selections from his bug collection. I guess he seemed nice enough for someone who treated everyone like potential customers…” Seldon trailed off and glanced up at the mayor’s body. “Never would’ve expected he’d be one of those Yiga scoundrels though…”

“I find it a little unlikely as well,” Percy replied, “I’ve, well…ran into him numerous times…but he’s always been fairly amiable. Maybe a little strange and bug-obsessed, but never evil.”

“Well, the Yiga specialize in hiding their sick and twisted nature behind a harmless disguise,” Seldon said, “Beedle could have simply been actin’ this entire time!”

“That’s definitely possible,” Vesti admitted, “Still, I know less about this guy than you two, so I want to meet him before making any judgements. Though it is pretty decisive that at least two people saw him, I’ll admit.”

“We can both talk to him ourselves later,” Percy said, “For now, we should finish our cursory check of the crime scene.”

Present: Police Badge: Bolson & Sayge

Unfortunately for Vesti and Percy, they still had to wait a little while longer. So Vesti headed toward the two witnesses, who were now standing sort of near each other, and said, “Hey, Bolson, Sayge! Check this out!” He quickly whipped out his police badge and held it in front of him.

“Ah!” Bolson looked on with interest. “And what might that be? Some sort of broach, perhaps?”

“Essentially,” Vesti replied, “It’s my police badge, but I don’t usually wear it. It mainly serves to prove that I’m a detective to the general public, but I think it’s quite fashionable too!”

“Oh, I agree!” Bolson nodded, “It seems an absolute waste to just keep it stuffed in your pocket!”

“Sorry…but I can’t say I agree!” Sayge exclaimed, “The bright yellow color would clash with that sweater vest, you see! It wouldn’t look appropriate at all!”

Bolson crossed his arms and glared at Sayge. “Sometimes that’s the point, you know? I’d rather clash than blend in!”

“Oh, no no no!” Sayge shook his head. “It simply wouldn’t do. However, if you took that badge to my dye shop later on, I’d be more than inclined to fix it up for you! How about it?”

“Hmm…Well, I was thinking about investigating there later, so…” Vesti mumbled, “I’ll think about it…”

Examine: Reede’s Body

Around this time, Reede’s body finally made its way within arms reach. Percy caught Vesti’s eye and beckoned him closer. As Vesti approached, Percy turned to Seldon and asked, “Do you suppose you’d be capable of helping us get him down?”

“Of course,” Seldon replied, “No man deserves to be hung up there so brutally like that…”

“Good, let’s go,” Vesti said.

The group pushed through the small crowd that had gathered near the body and stopped to take in the gruesome sight. A quick gasp escaped from Seldon’s lips. “S-Sweet Hylia! We were right…”

Reede’s limbs hung limply from the windmill blade. His head was cocked to one side, his long hair hanging in cords over his pale face, a sad frown framed by his beard. A large wound was slashed in his stomach, but the primary subject of the group’s attention was the object stabbing through his chest and the leather windmill blade behind him. It was a steel sickle with a hilt wrapped in blood-red ribbons.

“There’s no doubt about it,” Seldon continued, “That’s a Vicious Sickle - the weapon of a Yiga Clansman!”

“So does this prove there was some sorta Yiga involvement?” Vesti asked, “Is there any other way the killer could’ve gotten one of those sickles here?”

Seldon shook his head. “Not likely. Maybe someone coulda stolen one from a footsoldier, but I don’t see why they’d hide it from us…unless they were planning this murder all along. Point is, these things are only made by the Yiga, so they must’ve at least been in contact with one!”

“Well, we should get him back on the ground before we continue discussing it.” Percy glanced back at the crowd and shouted, “Everyone step back and make room, unless you’re willing to help us!”

It turned out that a few of the townsfolk were willing to lend a hand, and before long Reede was resting on the ground. Seldon knelt next to him and gently pulled the sickle out. He held up the bloody weapon to closely examine it. The symbols carved into the blade made it clear that it was a genuine item.

Meanwhile, Percy paced nearby. “There appear to be two main wounds on the body: one slash wound in his stomach, and a stab wound in his chest. The second wound was of course used to pin him to the windmill.”

Vesti ran his fingers across Reede’s skin. “It looks like he’s covered in these minor bruises though. Reede might have gotten into some sort of scuffle before he died…though none of these look anywhere near fatal.”

“Well, he woulda been fightin’ off his killer, right?” Seldon asked.

“Most likely,” Percy replied, “But as for these other wounds…unfortunately, we can’t be certain of which one killed him…or when he received them. It’s possible he didn’t suffer the stab wound to his chest until he was already dead.”

“Yeah…without Dr. Istheesa or even Lauren here, there’s no way to know for sure,” Vesti said, “He could even have been killed by something entirely different - something we can’t even see!”

“Does it really matter though?” Seldon asked, “Once we know who pinned him to that windmill, we oughta have our killer!”

“Perhaps…we’ll have to see how it plays out,” Percy said, “Though that brings up another issue I have. Why did the killer pin him to the windmill in the first place?”

“Those Yiga clansmen are filthy!” Seldon shouted, “It’s no doubt some sort of warning. They’ll do anything to try to scare us!”

“That does seem to be the most logical conclusion,” Percy mumbled, “But it’s not necessarily the correct one.”

“Yeah, the killer might have had some ulterior motive for putting him up there…” Vesti said, “It’s something to keep in mind, at least.”

(It’ll be tough solving this mystery in such a technologically backward land…I should file this info away for later!)

{Reede’s Body Noted added to Evidence} {Vicious Sickle added to Evidence}

“In any case,” Percy stopped in his tracks, “I think I’ve seen everything I needed to see here.” He turned to Vesti. “I trust you’ll investigate the rest of the scene in a satisfactory manner?”

“Yeah, definitely,” Vesti replied, “Oh, and good luck with Beedle. Just try not to go overboard, okay?”

“I’ll just pretend I didn’t hear that.” Percy pulled up his new hood and swiftly departed with his hands in his pockets, heading down the hill toward the inn.

Once Percy was gone, Seldon stood up and brushed off his overalls. Bolson and Sayge stepped over to the body and, along with some other townsfolk, lifted him up and started carrying him off.

“H-Hey, where are you guys going?” Vesti asked.

Bolson turned his head and called back behind him. “We’re gonna put ‘im somewhere more dignified. You’ve already done your thing, so there ain’t no need to leave him out here.” Bolson and the others continued onward, not waiting for Vesti to respond.

“Well, that should be alright,” Vesti mumbled, “Not like there was much more we could have gotten from the body anyway…”

“What’s next, detective?” Seldon asked, “Are we gonna look around here a little more, or head inside of the windmill?”

(I don’t think there’s anything else particularly valuable around here…though I suppose I could examine a few things anyway.)

Examine:
Lantern, Windmill Spoke, Tiny Crowd, Door.
Talk:
Seldon
Reede
Beedle
Move:
Windmill Interior
Present:
To Seldon
What will you do?

Happy Maria

Look at the lantern I guess.

Shy guy

Darn it I saw that original Investigation section >:(

Examine the windmill more closely, the spoke and the door too I guess.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Dang, not again!
on the boulevard of broken dreams

Examine: Lantern

Looking in the general direction of the small crowd, Vesti noticed a bright blue light illuminating their features. Curious about its source, Vesti headed toward the light and discovered an ancient stone lantern, resembling the kind Vesti thought of as typically Eastern, in which a starkly blue flame was dancing.

“Wh-Whoa, wait, hold on!” Vesti shouted, “Seldon, that fire’s blue!”

“Yep. Beautiful, ain’t it?” Seldon calmly replied, “I wouldn’t get too close though. Still burns like any other flame.”

“Seldon, I don’t think you understand. The fire is blue! And it’s just sitting there!” Vesti wailed, “Is that normal over here?”

“Well, I’d say so,” Seldon replied, scratching his head. “Though not really ‘over here’ specifically. You can find blue fire all over Hyrule.”

“But wait…you have regular red fire too?” Vesti said, his world shattering before his eyes.

“Of course,” Seldon continued, “The main difference is that blue fire burns pretty much forever in these special receptacles. That’s why Purah, the old scientist living up on the hill, uses it to power her research…” Seldon looked aside, likely up to the research lab, and mumbled, “Speaking of which, I haven’t seen her in a while…”

“So if this weird stuff burns forever,” Vesti asked, beginning to recover. “Does that mean this lantern would’ve been on for the entirety of last night too?”

“I don’t see why not. In fact, I doubt our witnesses could have seen Beedle without them.”

“Looks like that holds up then,” Vesti said, “This stuff’s still pretty strange though…”

Examine: Windmill Spoke

Vesti approached the windmill to take a closer look at the spokes. They were long and blade-shaped, composed of a wood frame with leather strung across it and tilted at a slight angle. Each of the blades was in perfect condition, aside from the one that a sickle had been stabbed through, which was marked by a rather obvious tear.

“So these are the windmill spokes?” Vesti asked.

“Yep,” Seldon answered.

An awkward silence followed the brief exchange, punctuated by the gentle creak of the turning windmill. Eventually, Vesti chose to add. “So, I know Reede could have been placed up there from the ground, but is there another spot the killer could have done it from too?”

“Maybe the windmill loft upstairs,” Seldon answered, “But I’m not sure there’d be any advantage to that.”

“Hmm…I see.”

The silence resumed. Vesti pondered why the windmill blades had been examinable in the first place, as there was little left to say about them.

“Hey, why don’t we try lookin’ inside the windmill?” Seldon said.

Examine: Door

Ignoring Seldon, Vesti walked over to the door and stared at it intently. It’s a nice, wooden door.

“Hey, Vesti,” Seldon cautiously said, “Shouldn’t we be openin’ that door about now…instead of just, you know…staring at it?”

“Yeah, of course. I just wanna know one thing,” Vesti replied, “This door…does it have a lock? Are there any other ways into the windmill?”

Seldon shook his head. “No to both, I’m afraid. There’s nothin’ stopping ordinary folks from entering the windmill, but that door’s the only way in.”

“Interesting…I’ll keep that in mind.”

Move: Windmill Interior

“Well, there’s no point in delaying it any longer, I guess,” Vesti remarked, “Let’s head inside.”

“Ooh, finally!” Seldon shouted, only to sheepishly add, “Err, I mean, good call, detective! We’ll make short work of this investigation!”

Vesti glared at Seldon over his shoulder and then reached for the knob of the windmill door. It turned easily, and the two entered the windmill with nothing more than a faint creak.

Date: ??? Time: About a Second Later. Location: Windmill Interior.

The windmill was a horrific mess. Blood and tools were scattered chaotically across the wood-boarded floor. The walls were covered in scratches, the equipment hanging there was in disarray, and errant bloodstains streaked across their metal surface. It was hardly the most gruesome scene Vesti had witnessed, but it was certainly the worst to strike Hateno. Seldon’s pale gaze made that obvious enough.

“There’s no doubt in my mind,” Vesti said, “This has to be the scene of the crime!”

“Y-Yeah, sure seems like it,” Seldon stammered, “Uhh, y-you can take care of this, right, Vesti? I’m s-suddenly feelin’ a little less confident, but I’ll help however I can!”

“Don’t worry about it,” Vesti replied, “I’m sure your expertise will be more than enough.”

(If there’s going to be any evidence, this is where it’ll be found. I’d best make sure I leave no stone unturned.)

Investigation: Windmill Interior
Examine:
Bloodstains, Tools, Scratches, Windmill Gear Shaft, Door above Staircase.
Talk:
Seldon
Percy Graham
Move:
Windmill
Present:
To Seldon
What will you do?

Happy Maria

Examine them bloodstains!

Shy guy

Well this room was a surprise.

Examine the tools and scratches. Especially curious if there's any blood on the tools.

Gettin' Old!

Reassure Seldon he doesn't have to be here if he doesn't want to. Seems traumatic for the poor guy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Spoiler: A post born from the blood of spambots.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Examine the scratches and the gear shaft.

Remove from Crime Scene: Seldon

Before beginning the investigation, Vesti turned to Seldon and spoke to him earnestly. “Listen, Seldon. I can tell you don’t like being in here with all this blood…It might be better for you to just wait outside.”

“N-No, I’m fine!” Seldon insisted, “Besides, you need my expertise to find the murderer, right?”

“Of course, but that doesn’t mean you have to be here,” Vesti replied, “If I have any pressing questions, I can just ask them later, but I’ll be fine on my own for the time being.”

Seldon looked a little relieved, as if losing a heavy burden from his shoulders, but still a little uncertain. “You’re sure?”

Vesti nodded. “Of course. You’ve done more than enough for the town already, Seldon. Don’t worry about it.”

“Alright…” Seldon stood up straight again. “Just let me know if you need anything! I’ll be waiting!”

Without hesitation, Seldon turned and thundered out of the windmill, not even pausing to look behind him. Vesti smiled and turned back to the crime scene.

Examine: Bloodstains

Vesti began by examining the most striking things about the crime scene: the bloodstains. There are a lot of them, and they’re spread rather chaotically throughout the windmill interior. However, most of them seem to be concentrated to the left of the central windmill shaft - at the foot of the staircase.

“This must be where most of the fighting took place,” Vesti mumbled to himself.

He knelt by one of the largest bloodstains, which had spilled on the floor right next to the shaft. “I can only assume this blood came from Reede…but I can’t be certain without performing tests. If only Lauren was here.” Vesti sighed.

The detective took out his notepad, flipped to a new page, and began sketching a simple map of the crime scene. But as he carefully scanned the windmill, he came to a strange conclusion.

“This doesn’t make any sense…” he mumbled, “Even if I assume Reede was stabbed in the chest and stomach within this room, there still seem to be way too many bloodstains. The trajectories just don’t line up either, so I can’t even tell where they would have initially come from…What happened here?”

{Windmill Bloodstains added to Evidence}

Vesti finally put the finishing touches on his sketch of the crime scene. He tore the page out and stuffed it in his pocket.

{Windmill Map added to Evidence}

Examine: Scratches

Next, Vesti walked around the windmill once more, paying particular attention to the scratches in the wooden wall. Once again, most of them were in the same area as the bloodstains, though none of them were found on the floor. The scratches themselves didn’t run that deep, and they were all traveling in roughly the same direction. It seemed likely that they were all accidental.

“Some of these scratches are shorter than the others,” Vesti remarked, pretending he had someone to talk to. “That might be an indication that there were two weapons involved…but that’s just conjecture. I suppose it could simply be a coincidence.”

“…Unless I find evidence of another weapon, of course.” Vesti added forebodingly.

Examine: Tools

Vesti took a look at the numerous woodworking tools hanging from the wall or scattered on the floor. As it turned out, all the tools on the wall were undisturbed - even the ones with blood streaking across them were likely just caught in the crossfire. The ones on the floor were also irrelevant. They were piled near the walls, and so had most likely just landed there after being unintentionally dislodged from the wall. However, one tool did catch Vesti’s eye.

A handsaw was resting near one of the larger bloodstains, far from the other fallen tools. When Vesti reached down to pick it up, he found that a remarkable amount of blood was coating its blade. However, the floor beneath it was spotless.

Vesti leered at the handsaw. “This is definitely worth taking note of. There’s no way all that blood just happened to land here. Someone used this saw, and they used it with morbid intentions!”

{Handsaw added to Evidence}

Examine: Windmill Gear Shaft

Finally, Vesti investigated the large spinning shaft in the center of the room. It’s purpose was rather obvious; the rotating windmill blades turned the shaft, which operated the gears that ground up the grain (or whatever windmills do). Vesti was a little uncertain about the details, but he could at least tell that the windmill was spinning a lot faster now that Reede’s body had been taken down.

“Oh, that reminds me,” Vesti said, “the windmill was turning clockwise while I was outside…Might be worth taking a note of.”

Something about the gears struck Vesti as odd. Leaning in closer, he noticed that a spoke was missing from the large gear attached to the central shaft. The gear itself was oriented horizontally and had long spokes that jutted a few inches out from the shaft, but it was obvious that the wooden spoke had been sawed off of the gear deliberately.

“That’s strange…I’ve seen no sign of that thing anywhere around here either,” Vesti said, “Perhaps I should ask Seldon about it…but I’m not sure why someone would take such a small part of a gear in the first place!”

{Windmill Gears added to Evidence}

Examine:
Door above Staircase.
Talk:
There is no one here…
Move:
Windmill
Present:
To Vesti
What will you do?

Last edited by Planetbox on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Look at the door above the staircase I guess.

Shy guy

Unless I'm missing something, is the windmill map not in evidence?

Present Police Badge to Vesti, then move onwards up the windmill or whatever.

ASCEND

OOPS I GOT DISTRACTED AND TOTALLY FORGOT TO UPLOAD THE MAP

I'll edit it in today eventually

Happy Maria

WOW NERD

Shy guy

I forgot to mention it before, so now's a good a time as any. I like how Vesti was astounded by the concept of blue fire, like he's never seen a gas stove before.

ASCEND

Spoiler: I’ve actually never seen a gas stove, not gonna lie.
Where the city sleeps

Examine: Door Above Staircase

Seeing that there was only one item left in the room to examine, Vesti decided not to waste any time. He quickly climbed the short wooden staircase curving around the wall. At the top, he discovered an unassuming door set in an alcove carved into the ceiling, obviously leading to the building’s second floor. However, upon attempting to turn the doorknob, he found it wouldn’t budge.

“Hmm…” Vesti mumbled, pulling at the door to no avail. “Must be locked. And I certainly don’t have a key for it…Guess there’s nothing I can do here.”

Vesti turned from the door in disappointment and descended the staircase. He continued, “I’ll have to ask Seldon if he knows where the key is. Maybe we can come back later…Though if it was locked at the time of the murder too, it might not have any relevance anyway.”

{Windmill Loft Door added to Evidence}

Move: Windmill

Vesti took one last quick look around the crime scene. Deciding he’d seen all he needed to, he headed for the door to rejoin Seldon.

Date: ??? Time: Continuous. Location: Windmill.

The crowd outside had largely dispersed. Vesti spotted Seldon standing somewhat awkwardly nearby when he exited the windmill. He was trying to look intimidating - though at the sound of the door opening, he flinched.

“V-Vesti! There you are!” He turned back to the windmill. “So, do you have any questions? What’d you find?”

“Nothing decisive, but there were a lot of things at the crime scene that were just…slightly off, ” Vesti replied vaguely. “I do have a question though. There was a second floor to the windmill, but the way up was locked. Do you know how I could get up there?”

“Oh, that’s the windmill loft,” Seldon answered, “You’ll need the key to get in.”

“And where could I get it?”

“Well, Reede usually has it on him, so you could ask…oh, err…” Seldon trailed off uncomfortably, then continued. “ …I would have assumed he still had it, but we didn’t find it earlier, did we? So I guess I’m not sure where it is.”

“That’s strange…What did the key look like?”

“It was just your average key, really. Gold, maybe a little fancy-looking,” Seldon replied, “I certainly haven’t seen it recently.”

“It’s missing then…” Vesti said, “That’s definitely worth looking into.”

{Windmill Loft Door updated in Evidence}

“What was in the windmill loft, anyway?” Vesti asked, “Is there any reason the killer might have wanted to go up there?”

Seldon shook his head. “Other than just to have another way to reach the windmill blades, I can’t think of anything. The only stuff up there was some more machinery for milling grain. There was a pretty big window, so maybe it coulda made for a good lookout…That’s about it.”

“Still, there must be some reason the key went missing…” Vesti snapped his fingers. “Oh, that reminds me. It looked like one of the spokes on the central windmill shaft had been sawn off. Do you know what that was about?”

“Sawn off…?” Seldon said, “That’s weird. Pretty sure that thing was normal last time I checked…though it’s not like I paid a lot of attention to it.”

“That’s another thing we’ll have to look into during the investigation, then!”

“In that case, where should we go next?” Seldon asked, “I can lead the way wherever you want to go!”

“That’s a good question…” Vesti mumbled.

(Perhaps the best option would be visiting the inn to meet up with Percy and the defendant…but Sayge invited me to his dye shop too. I can’t see any reason to go there, but sometimes the most useful evidence is hidden in unlikely places…)

Examine:
Nonexistent Crowd.
Talk:
Seldon
What Next?
Move:
Windmill Interior
Great Ton Pu Inn
Kochi Dye Shop
Present:
To Seldon
What will you do?

Happy Maria

Examine the crowd that's totally there

Shy guy

Inn first, always nice to get the defendant's side of things first as a basis for everything else.

Also Vesti's handwriting is kinda illegible. Yay for maps though.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah let's check in with Percy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Hey guys, this isn't an update oops. I'm going to college tomorrow, so I have no idea when the next one will be. Just wanted to let y'all know there might be a brief hiatus.

Happy Maria

dang rip. Good luck with college, PB!

Shy guy

Yeah, good luck, and thanks for the notice!
Page 20 of 22 [ 880 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus