Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 633 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 630, 631, 632, 633, 634, 635, 636 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I'm sorry that you had a bad day. As someone with anxiety I completely understand what you're talking about. When I used to work in retail the customers would yell at me and it would make me feel overwhelmed and I'd cry right at my register. Thankfully over the years I've learned to control my emotions. Sometimes they come out, and sometimes I get severe panic attacks, but I don't completely crumble at the drop of a hat anymore. Whenever you're feeling that way, pull yourself out of the situation, and sit somewhere alone and try to collect your thoughts. Your mental health is important.

As for my birthday it was great! I didn't do much, but I'm a simple girl. I was fine staying home with my boyfriend. He went out and got me the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot trilogy games and I've been playing them ever since. He even got me a HUGE poutine for dinner and it was amazing. :edgey:

Also has anyone else finished One Punch Man season 2? Because I wanna talk about it, but I can't openly in the forum because of spoilers. D; Someone PM me if you watched it all.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Sjibbey wrote:
Hey, congratulations with your birthday Dawn. With timezones being a thing I guess I'm only 3 hours too late.

I kind of had a bad day yesterday though. Had to deal with a pretty draining experience at work and a co-worker raised his voice at me for
something I said to the customer. I need to talk to him about this today since it shook me up unexpectedly. I couldn't get rid of a looming feeling of faillure (or something like it) untill hours later when I was home and decided to go outside and go for a bike ride.

Or it is more accurately to say that anxiety started to build so intensely that I started to feel claustrophobic. Anyway after half an hour I calmed down, biked home and became dazed from releasing the stress.

I don't want to be shaken this easily. I want to find something that will help building my mental fortitude.

I can relate. Dealt with moderate claustrophobia (and ironically, sometimes agoraphobia) for most of my life. A week ago I had to travel by plane. Had to switch seats with the woman who was sitting by my side (a nice lady btw), because sitting looking directly through the widow makes me feel better. The flight attendant pampered me, gave me water, asked if I needed anything else and all lol. Talking about these issues with people makes me feel much better in general. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or to take some time to calm down when things get rough. Few emotions are more uncomfortable than anxiety.

I think a lot of us are used to repress, repress, repress. Internalize things and all, especially men. These things always come back as agitation, anxiety, anger.

The coworker probably shouldn’t have acted this way. If I were you, I would talk to him about what happened in a moment I feel we’re both reasonably calm. Make it clear you think the yelling was unnecessary though.

Gettin' Old!

Had a lovely evening yesterday. My brother was down and was super supportive. Weather was nice so we all had a barbeque and solved a crossword as a family which felt great.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Had a lovely evening yesterday. My brother was down and was super supportive. Weather was nice so we all had a barbeque and solved a crossword as a family which felt great.

I'm really glad to hear that. That sounds great!

What a fun journey. Put in 100+ hours on Persona 5 and just finished beating it. Didnt expect to be addicted to it honestly haha. Gonna still do multiple playthroughs for other in game stuff, but im super looking forward to Royal next year

A few days ago I won an art contest with my Bang drawing and won a $25 Amazon gift card. Sadly the admin in that discord channel failed to see that I live in Canada and gave me an American one. No worries, I am still American and I still have my American Amazon account. What's even more sad is I found things I wanted... BUT the shipping was atrocious. I found a Duskull plush for $9. A steal! Then the shipping was a whopping $54.... No thanks. xD I just got a PS gift card instead so... yay!

Gettin' Old!

That shipping is insane! Where was it from?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
That shipping is insane! Where was it from?

I have no idea. I can't check their location through Amazon, but here's a screenshot for proof. :redd:

High level play

Milky wrote:
Also has anyone else finished One Punch Man season 2? Because I wanna talk about it, but I can't openly in the forum because of spoilers. D; Someone PM me if you watched it all.

I watched it, another good season, although I hoped Saitama would progres a bit more as a character than he did. Seems like the next season will focus a bit more on that.

Thelema wrote:
I think a lot of us are used to repress, repress, repress. Internalize things and all, especially men. These things always come back as agitation, anxiety, anger.

The coworker probably shouldn’t have acted this way. If I were you, I would talk to him about what happened in a moment I feel we’re both reasonably calm. Make it clear you think the yelling was unnecessary though.

Repressing emotions is definitely what I did as a teen and young adult. This resulted in a lot of anxiety and anger, but with no outlet it mostly damaged my self-esteem. I've come very far since then, becoming a lot more honest to myself and telling it to others.

I talked to my co-worker about it. Told him I had a bad day and his comment probably tipped me over the edge. He told me it wasn't meant like that and he wanted to give feedback while also being in the heat of the moment. We agreed to leave it at that and things have been slowly moving in a better direction since.

On an unrelated note, this weekend is going to be the day when I'm going to play Dungeons and Dragons for the first time. Ever since 2006 (Unforgotten Realms show piqued my interest in it) I've been looking for a setting in which allowed me to play the game and the time is now.
Going to be playing with preset characters (everyone is playing for the first time) and I'm the Human Fighter (Lawful Neutral).
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Oh man I love D&D (an roleplaying in general). I hope you have a great time Sir Jibbey!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sjibbey wrote:
I watched it, another good season, although I hoped Saitama would progres a bit more as a character than he did. Seems like the next season will focus a bit more on that.

I liked it a lot because I was able to fangirl with all the Garou scenes. :edgey: I've drawn that man so much since the second season started. (I'm currently working on a poster size drawing of this scene from the manga and this is what I have so far.) I can't wait for the next season. Should be pretty intense and yeah I hope to see more development from Saitama too.

For the first time in many years, I actually baked. I baked a cake for my mom's birthday because nobody has baked her one in years; she always made one herself. And then, generally to take along to work. Dunno if it was a big thing to do, but I chose to make her a Devil's Food Cake. It certainly looked like a good mixture when I put it into the oven. We'll see how it turns out.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
For the first time in many years, I actually baked. I baked a cake for my mom's birthday because nobody has baked her one in years; she always made one herself. And then, generally to take along to work. Dunno if it was a big thing to do, but I chose to make her a Devil's Food Cake. It certainly looked like a good mixture when I put it into the oven. We'll see how it turns out.

Good on ya. I love baking and that sounds like a really nice gesture you've done for her birthday! Hope she loves it!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I didn't tell her what type of cake it was - said it smelled like chocolate, and I told her it was (Midnight) Devil's Food Cake. Yeah, she was happy. The edges ended up a bit crumbly and dry, but that's not my baking. That's the oven. The rest of it was pretty good. Chocolate-y, soft, but not so chocolatey that I would hate eating it. For not having baked for years, it ended up pretty well.

High level play

I was worried about how the D&D session would go since we had 2 new players , 2 more experienced players and a new DM, but as it turns out I had a wonderful time and already planning to do a next session.

We played for 5 hours although we only did 1 encounter that led to a forest trail where we explored a mini dungeon. We had a lot of fun and epic moments during the session though.

- While steering the wagon me and my friend (both new players) avoided a trap whilest being on the path. Forgot to check for the next trap and our wagon fell in a spiked trap killing 1 ox and crippling the other. Healed it up afterwards and since then the phrase: 'I'm checking for traps' was the most regular one we uses.

- When we found a wall we could climb on our cleric shot a light upwards and climbed the wall, secured a rope and we followed suit. The cleric wanted to take the rope with him but I convinced him not to cut off our escape route if nessecary. DM waited patiently for us the finish the discussion to let us know we took a shortcut into the lair of a mini-boss. He was notified by the light going up and waited in ambush for us to enter. The cleric (armor 18 out of 20) who was in front, took a suprise attack the boss got a Lucky roll, killing our most experienced player on the 4th encounter.

- With him down, I persuaded the mini-boss to let us go if I gave him my signet ring, the only valuable on my person at the time. Rolled an 18 on my persuasion check so he gave us a head-start instead of killing us outright. Luckily the rope was still there so we descended and burned the rope behind us. The chasing boss went after us, fell from the ledge dua a mishap killing his pet wolf and wounding him in the process. We were gunning it for the exit so we didn't see him untill the boss stuck his head outside the cave taunting us to go back in. Our rogue shot an arrow in his head in response.

This is only a selection of the shenanigans that played out.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
I was worried about how the D&D session would go since we had 2 new players , 2 more experienced players and a new DM, but as it turns out I had a wonderful time and already planning to do a next session.

We played for 5 hours although we only did 1 encounter that led to a forest trail where we explored a mini dungeon. We had a lot of fun and epic moments during the session though.

- While steering the wagon me and my friend (both new players) avoided a trap whilest being on the path. Forgot to check for the next trap and our wagon fell in a spiked trap killing 1 ox and crippling the other. Healed it up afterwards and since then the phrase: 'I'm checking for traps' was the most regular one we uses.

- When we found a wall we could climb on our cleric shot a light upwards and climbed the wall, secured a rope and we followed suit. The cleric wanted to take the rope with him but I convinced him not to cut off our escape route if nessecary. DM waited patiently for us the finish the discussion to let us know we took a shortcut into the lair of a mini-boss. He was notified by the light going up and waited in ambush for us to enter. The cleric (armor 18 out of 20) who was in front, took a suprise attack the boss got a Lucky roll, killing our most experienced player on the 4th encounter.

- With him down, I persuaded the mini-boss to let us go if I gave him my signet ring, the only valuable on my person at the time. Rolled an 18 on my persuasion check so he gave us a head-start instead of killing us outright. Luckily the rope was still there so we descended and burned the rope behind us. The chasing boss went after us, fell from the ledge dua a mishap killing his pet wolf and wounding him in the process. We were gunning it for the exit so we didn't see him untill the boss stuck his head outside the cave taunting us to go back in. Our rogue shot an arrow in his head in response.

This is only a selection of the shenanigans that played out.

Oh man so is your Cleric dead for good?! :O I mean he got KO'd and it didn't sound like you retrieved the body. Sounds like a brutal start to the fight.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You know, a Mario game!

Does anyone know where I can find maps of the levels in Super Paper Mario? I want to recreate the game in Mario Maker 2, but searching up "Super Paper Mario maps" only gives me walkthroughs of the Mao sidequest. I'm really getting frustrated. Can anyone help me?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

Best I can think of is you look up an IGN walkthrough. Sometimes they do it screen by screen but maybe try assets rather than maps in your search?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Oh man so is your Cleric dead for good?! :O I mean he got KO'd and it didn't sound like you retrieved the body. Sounds like a brutal start to the fight.

Well the session ended with us ready to leave the cave, but he's still there in the boss lair. I assumed an item or a spell could revive him. Didn't consider taking the body to town.

We were also using pre set characters, 3/5 players played for the first time and this was kind of a trial run so he made a new character Who found the cave a little later on.
Although we were lenient (especially the DM) with the new character he did have to speak in rhyme when in character or else the DM would do 1 damage to him, which was hilarious.

My boyfriend and I have been talking about making our own comics to post on Instagram. It won't be a professional thing. It's just something to keep us active in drawing more. So far we have the cover and we're so excited! I'll be drawing our the rough panels and he redraws them on paint and makes them look amazing!
I'll keep anyone that cares updated. :edgey:

UPDATE:
We have our cover page and are now working on character sheets. This is really happening! O:

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
My boyfriend and I have been talking about making our own comics to post on Instagram. It won't be a professional thing. It's just something to keep us active in drawing more. So far we have the cover and we're so excited! I'll be drawing our the rough panels and he redraws them on paint and makes them look amazing!
I'll keep anyone that cares updated. :edgey:

UPDATE:
We have our cover page and are now working on character sheets. This is really happening! O:

Yo can I get a look at that? That sounds pretty cool.

I've been playing Boardgames like mad lately. Between different groups of friends and various different board game groups I get to play a lot. It astonishes me how everyone else has such expansive board game collections :oops: ah the joys of income.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Yo can I get a look at that? That sounds pretty cool.

I've been playing Boardgames like mad lately. Between different groups of friends and various different board game groups I get to play a lot. It astonishes me how everyone else has such expansive board game collections :oops: ah the joys of income.

Kidd & Milky Comics
There isn't much on there because we're working on the character sheets right now.
but here's what the cover looks like. He drew it all on MS Paint!
The quality looks bad, but it's actually super crisp.

Happy Maria

Damn, on Paint?! That looks super impressive. You guys are both skilled as heck.

Gettin' Old!

Awww I love the cute little avatars you gave yourselves!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Southern Corn wrote:
Damn, on Paint?! That looks super impressive. You guys are both skilled as heck.

We drew them on paper first. I drew myself and he drew himself and then he drew them again on paint. He said he prefers it over Photoshop. I love watching him do art on Paint. :edgey:
Thank you <3 and thank you as well Pierre ^^

Gettin' Old!

So I recently finished watching Evangelion (all of the series and the End Of Evangelion movie) and yeah that was quite a trip.

A lot of nonsense and whimsical philosophy that the show doesn't seem interested in explaining itself as it presents a morbid deconstruction of Mecha anime.

I'm still not fully sure what was going on in all of it but I think that's by design and I still enjoyed it overall. I really dug some of the artistic things they were going for and the final few episodes of the series made for a great anime battle against anxiety and self-loathing. Was something I could really appreciate.

I appreciate the movie for making some of the fuzzier parts of the plot (particularly the human instrumentality project) concrete and tangible. I've also heard the story behind the movie, how it was made out of spite and hatred. However, seeing what the series is I wasn't too shocked. The movie was exactly the same modus operandi as the series had been so far: brutal deconstruction and vague meta-concepts.

I'd recommend it as a real interesting look into anime about mental health. I can't say folks will enjoy it as its so radically different from other Mecha anime but it's certainly unique and worth experiencing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Had the second D&D session last weekend. Although I had 2 of my Wisdom teeth pulled last Thursday (still stings) we had another blast this time.

We still didn't go far. We explored 1 village (Phandalin) and made our way into the next dungeon. Although we played an hour extra (7 hour session) we had to stop before we completed the dungeon. We couln't pick up the pace again this time either. There were some new players (again) which was a lot of fun to have a big party like that, but the DM didn't account for the raw power of numbers that would give us to we rolled the boss in the dungeon pretty easily (and the encounter should have been really tough) by charging him with our numbers

(and our druid's entanglement, which is pretty OP in my book)

After that the druid transformed into a black bear and we gave him an invisibility potion so we send a blind berserker into every new room (which also pretty neatly takes care of traps).

Also after hours of being hounded about me trading my signet ring for safety (I was pretty salty that I couldn't find it afterwards) I found a platinum signet ring as loot in the new dungeon by chance, so that was pretty amazing in my book.

Also the DM prepared 3 NPC's for someone who didn't want to play the game (more like an active spectator) , of which we talked to 1 NPC briefly, ignored another one and insta-killed the third one. (She didn't felt like playing afterwards.)

I ordered the Character CD for Ikki and Kent from Amnesia because I really wanted some new music, especially sung by Kissho Taniyama (Ikki's voice actor).
It arrived today, and the songs are neat. It also includes a mini drama and two tracks of situation voice.
I wasn't entirely able to read the kanji for the situation of the situation voice tracks, so I looked it up with a good Japanese translator.

...the situation is called "Sleeping Together". (添い寝)
I... am feeling very awkward knowing that now. Haven't listened to it yet, and not sure if I want to... unless 'sleeping together' here does not mean what I believe it to mean. Though given Amnesia is a romance game...

Gettin' Old!

@Cat - If it's just a music CD maybe it's just background music for the "sleeping together" scenes in the game? :oops:

@Sjibbey - Oh man that sounds like an incredible D&D game! Loads of players? SEVEN HOURS! I wish I could have something like that, I've only ever played in about 3, maybe 4 hour bursts and that's with like a bunch of time lost to regular banter and other things. Sounds like your game went great, what character did you play?

I got back from my games night and finished a game of Rising Sun for the third time. Emperor of Japan three years running! Ahh it was such a close game too, I can still feel the adrenaline rush from it. It's a super complex, zone-control game. I'd actually went into it intending not to push too hard to win because goddamn I don't want the pressure of constantly winning a game but things just panned out well for me in the end. :thena-hair: Feels pretty great right now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

High level play

Pierre wrote:
@Sjibbey - Oh man that sounds like an incredible D&D game! Loads of players? SEVEN HOURS! I wish I could have something like that, I've only ever played in about 3, maybe 4 hour bursts and that's with like a bunch of time lost to regular banter and other things. Sounds like your game went great, what character did you play?

Well we explored 1 village (haven't done the sidequests) and almost made it through 1 dungeon. A LOT of time is wasted discussing things with the party or banter.

Still playing with the preset characters (almost lvl 3 though) where I'm a human fighter (Tjib Kosef). I'm feeling like spells are the way to go though, they offer more versatility and the ability to (crowd) control which is a necessity for harder fights.
I don't mind being the tank of the party, but I'm placing myself in the most danger (not to mention I have to enter pretty much all the rooms and areas) which leads to a quick death for new players. In addition to this we're not exactly a perfect team, I feel like we would throw each other in front of the bus if the situation would benefit you, which also makes tanking extra risky.

Next time we'll continue with the Original 5 players, the new players didn't feel like spending another afternoon on it. This should help the DM with the balancing issues.

Gettin' Old!

If it's D&D 5E you can be a versatile fighter without having to resort to whatever the 'magic knight' class is.

They recognised that was a problem for non-magic classes so they adjusted a lot of melee fighters in 5E. I think a cool specialisation is Battlemaster as I think it lets you use 'manouvers' which basically let you trip foes, knock them down, attack multiple at a time and other neat things.

Then again I've never played whatever the "magic knight" subclass is, maybe it's great!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
@Cat - If it's just a music CD maybe it's just background music for the "sleeping together" scenes in the game? :oops:

Thing is, the games are on consoles. Those romance games generally don't have the, well, full-on scenes. They do the whole thing of implying conversation and maybe a pose, then it cuts to black. Romance games on PC show actual sex scenes. (I think it has to do with a law in Japan...?) And I know the track for those moments in the game, and it was on Amnesia Later, so... and why would there be one for Ikki and one for Kent? Nah, I am thinking it might be more heavily implying stuff, but... not more? I think. Haven't listened yet...

Quote:
So I recently finished watching Evangelion (all of the series and the End Of Evangelion movie) and yeah that was quite a trip.

As someone who decided after merely reading part of the TV Tropes page of it to save what little sanity I have left and not watch it, I hope things were okay. :kristoph:

Finally graduated so got my associates in criminal justice. Now just gotta wait till January to transfer

Gettin' Old!

Gentle Criminal wrote:
Finally graduated so got my associates in criminal justice. Now just gotta wait till January to transfer

Aw man congratulations! That's awesome! Going properly into law as is befitting of an AA fan =D
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

I'm in my own apartment now, my masters program starts soon and I'm still axious about it, and I almost got Jill sandwiched by two trucks on the way there.

How's everyone else doing?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

I nearly died twice today in my mind

Pierre wrote:
Gentle Criminal wrote:

Aw man congratulations! That's awesome! Going properly into law as is befitting of an AA fan =D

Thanks and that's the plan :redd: Finally gonna live out the dream of mines since high school

I decided to give online clothes shopping a try. But only grabbed a t-shirt, a cowl neck sweater, and a really neat longcoat-hooded-sweater-thing because I love those sorts of designs, and because those tend to be things I can wear, even if the size might not be too right. And I still ended up opting on the safer side and maybe grabbing them in a size larger than I actually 'need'. Downside with having odd proportions... my torso is fine in a EU size 44, but my arms need a EU size 46 or 48 because they are heftier.

CatMuto wrote:
I decided to give online clothes shopping a try. But only grabbed a t-shirt, a cowl neck sweater, and a really neat longcoat-hooded-sweater-thing because I love those sorts of designs, and because those tend to be things I can wear, even if the size might not be too right. And I still ended up opting on the safer side and maybe grabbing them in a size larger than I actually 'need'. Downside with having odd proportions... my torso is fine in a EU size 44, but my arms need a EU size 46 or 48 because they are heftier.

I'm always iffy on shopping for clothes online. Only because of the sizing. I'll buy a size in a size that I'd normally wear and it would come out bigger. My bf bought me a size Medium Blastoise shirt and it fits me like a Large or Extra Large. So I can't wear it as often unless I tie it or something. I refuse to buy pants online because it's hard finding proper pants with my proportions. I just settle with leggings. They're cheap (well... most are) and they're comfy and go with everything. xD

Oh, thank god, I still have a job next week. I am off sick this week because I have a viral cold infection, and what with working in a hotel and the Oktoberfest approaching, I really did not want to potentially infect any of my coworkers and have us be short-staffed then. But I was getting really anxious, worrying that I might get fired for being written off sick for an entire week. But I know I have a shift next week, so... I can tell myself to rest again.

PS: I agree on the clothes thing, Dawn. That's why I went for a size bigger than what I'd wear in EU sizes because I know that, especially when the original measurement is US, it can be off. I have M shirts in US size that are larger than needed for me. And that's also why I opted for clothes that wouldn't be too difficult to wear if there's a (minor) size difference. But I also agree on the pants thing. I wouldn't buy those online. Difficult enough to find pants fitting my odd proportions in stores.
Page 633 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 630, 631, 632, 633, 634, 635, 636 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus