Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 55 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 3 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

"We're human! How would a crystal ball know what we're going to do! Maybe it thought Shizune would exert herself more than Ciro..."

"Sebastian, aren't you the one who reached out to help her first? Are you really going to do this?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Daniel walks up to Micah's podium and grabs her shoulders, shaking her perhaps a bit too violently. He cleary looks mad.

"Why are you lying to us, maggot?! What are you trying to accomplish here?! Do you want to kill everyone?! Explain, now!"

Micah faces Daniel's booming voice head on, not looking away.

"People are going to kill Shizune even though I'm the one who put her into this situation. She's innocent. If she escapes she can get treatment. The choice is obvious."

She lets out a big breath.

fella

Oliver heavily sighed. "And yet if the true murderer escapes, innocent people continuing to live out their lives up there will die..." he muttered.

He then silently placed his vote, too exhausted to say any more.

Shy guy

"We already know Micah had it out for Ciro. It seems likely to me that she planned to poison him originally. After all, she didn't know that the bowl would be given to Shizune specifically, she probably thought Ciro would use it. But then he gave the bowl to Shizune and her plan backfired," Seb said.

"I don't know if we can really disprove Ciro also being poisoned when he taste-tested the food in the blue bowl. But it seems likely that Shizune was not the intended target, and Micah now deeply regrets this. Why else confess to a crime that she could have otherwise gotten away with if we all voted for Shizune in her place?

"Shizune, for her part, can't have known of Micah's involvement. She must have thought Ciro poisoned her, which would have been entirely in-character for him. I don't think it's too much of a stretch that she wanted to poison him back, and then perhaps escape to the surface where they might actually have a cure for her."

"She made the choice herself! You're both in the wrong for all I care, because you both are murderers, but I won't let myself die because of some dumb kid! And neither should you!"

He lets go of Micah and sighs, walking back to his podium. "Kids these days." He puts a vote in and lowers his hat.

The American Dream

"I'd uh, jus' like to put it out there that I agree with Seb," Brandy said awkwardly.

"MURDER?! FUCKING MURDER?! IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS?!"

"Okay Oliver, here's your question: let's say you're dying of a nigh-incurable disease and the only possible way you can get the cure is by killing the person who is responsible for your dilemma. That's self-defense, isn't it?"

"Save her!" Micah whimpers, beginning to get frantic.

"Daniel, chances are it won't be you! It's one in seven billion!"

"What a disgustingly irresponsible thing to think," Ivan said to Micah. "This killing was hardly justified. And it will be punished, and no innocent person will fall by my hands because of feelings!"

Ivan punched in his vote.

"I would do the same thing in Shizune's shoes." Benjamin admitted. "But I'd also have to accept the consequences if it came to it. The fact of the matter is that two people will die if we let Shizune live. A life is a life, even if they are sick. The choice here is obvious I'm afraid."

JesusMonroe wrote:
“That seems to be the case.” Benjamin sighed. “She found out about the panacea from Klifford’s notes, and used her medicine to poison the letter requesting Ciro to make it. Ciro had no idea what was going on so we’re meant to take his actions of getting in the car and trying to save us at face-value. I see no contradictions with this.”

"There's no way Shizune could have seen my notes..." Klifford muttered. "It couldn't have been her... It's impossible..."

Shy guy

Seb sighed. "Well... I'm ready to vote. But no matter what happens, just remember that Belphegor is the one responsible for whoever dies as a result. The death, or deaths, aren't on us." Saying this, he punched in his vote.

"Yeah Ivan, it's not like we're responsible for what Belphegor does as the punishment! How in the world can it be our fault for not killing ourselves off! He could just keep doing stuff like this and you'd really just have us keep killing ourselves every time?"

Micah is beyond stressed. Her ribs crack as she breathes, guilt completely wracking her.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Yeah Ivan, it's not like we're responsible for what Belphegor does as the punishment! How in the world can it be our fault for not killing ourselves off! He could just keep doing stuff like this and you'd really just have us keep killing ourselves every time?"

Micah is beyond stressed. Her ribs crack as she breaths, guilt completely wracking her.

"Yes, I would."

Ivan smashed his baton onto the podium in front of him at an almost dangerous strength.

"We are imprisoned by Belphegor's rules, yes. And all we can do is empower his decisions right now. It sickens me to my stomach, but I will play by his creed! I will not let Belphegor take an innocent life away! Someone not involved with this at all!"

Shizune beckons Sebastian closer to her. She looks fragile, like she could be torn apart like a sheet of typewriter paper. She coughs a little, sounding like the quiet whisper of death.

Sebastian moves over to comfort her. Is she dying?

Shizune wheezed silently, tears rolling down her cheeks, her breathing fast and ragged. She weakly extended her right hand towards Seb and struggled to type a message with her left.

Code:
sscared

She didn't seem able to even remove the paper from Claudia.

Shy guy

Seb took the outstretched hand in both of his shaking own. He didn't seem sure of what to do or say, and settled for, "I won't forget you, Shizune. I promise. I know I said otherwise before, but I think there really is value in this. Even if it's only temporary, it's still important, I can feel that. And I'm here for you right now. So, please..." He trailed off, unable to finish the sentence, and settled for just grasping her hand tighter. He made no effort to hide that he was also crying.

The American Dream

Brandy watched and listened to Seb with a heavy-heart. Deep down, she felt like maybe there could've been a way to save Shizune, but the situation was far more complex than Micah purported it to be in her desperate pleas.

She remained silent, feeling that saying anything at this point would just be ruinous to the moment and borderline insulting, and nervously played with the hammer of the empty gun at her waist.

Last edited by WinterCoat on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Hmph. I'm sorry, soldier." Daniel is evidently trying his best to maintain a straight face. He turns away from Sebastian and looks at the wall, though he might cry as well.

Micah hides her face from Shizune, her body twisting with sorrow.

"We were too slow... It's over. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, so, so sorry, Shizune." she mutters, clearly horrified with grief.

Shizune swallowed hard and reached into her blazer pocket with her free hand. She pulled out a folded piece of paper and placed it on Claudia's keys, then smiled through her pain at Seb and mouthed two words at him.

'Thank you.'

Then she closed her eyes and rested her head against the back of her chair as her breathing calmed.

...then slowed.

...then stopped.

[Shizune Takata has breathed her last.]

"...this...this is all cause of you, Micah. Isn't it..?"

Shy guy

Seb remained as he was for a while, not even taking the letter, before finally stirring and reading what were probably her last words. After finishing he didn't look away from the paper, nor move from where he was. He simply said, "I won't forget our promise. I swear. Not either of them. I'll live on for your sake, and I won't ever forget you."

"The medicine... It didn't work..." Klifford said quietly. Tears ran down his face, eventually falling and staining the podium below.

"Shizune... I'm so sorry... I'm..."

"A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED. THE TRIBUNAL IS IN PROGRESS."

Belphegor speaks like cold ice pressed against everyone's hearts.

But even colder is the view of Shizune before them.

"...Is this trial for Ciro, or Ms. Takata?" Ivan asked weakly to Belphegor. "How do we proceed with our votes..?"

fella

"... You tried your best, Doctor Pratt... Y-You tried your damnedest..." Oliver quietly mumbled, glancing at Shizune's now dead body for a moment before pitifully looking away.

"... May you rest in peace, Shizune," he quietly said, not able to bear looking at the body. He held his tears back, but after a few moments, they streamed down his face, formed at his chin, and dripped down to the podium below him.

The American Dream

Brandy was startled by Belphegor's voice. "Wait, this counts as grounds for another trial...? Well it's simple, isn't it? Micah poisoned the poor girl on accident, right?"

Benjamin didn't know what to say, but felt it appropriate to at least give some time for the others to mourn.

"We lost someone vital to our mission." He coldly declared. "But our job isn't done. Next man up. It's what she'd want us to do--act as Stars."

"Rule 16: The first death before the accompanying tribunal is the one for which the culprit behind the death becomes the tainted. If the tainted is ever killed, however, then the tainted becomes the one to have killed them."

"RULE SIXTEEN IS IN EFFECT."

Belphegor folds his hands in reverence.

The American Dream

"Well, it's jus' Micah then, right? Are any of us in disagreement 'bout that one?"

“No. And I’d like to vote for her before she starts speaking again if possible.” Benjamin said, placing his vote.

Micah covers her eyes and weeps. For Shizune? For herself? Who knows. She's at Death's Door now.

The American Dream

Brandy placed her vote, feeling totally exhausted.

fella

Oliver closed his eyes, squeezing excess tears out, and silently placed his vote.

Ivan swiftly places his vote for Micah.

[A majority has been reached. Please wait...]

Belphegor chuckles, like rocks being shaken around in a shallow cup.

"It's interesting. Three of you were already voting for Micah before all of this. Klifford, Sebastian, and Micah herself. Well, let's see if you all were right."

Spoiler: Closing Argument
Seb grips the letter, taking a few brief glimpses at Shizune's still form.

"This was all one misunderstanding after another after another..." he says after a while, with some difficulty.

"The killer found poison in the caves days ago and kept it as an artifact to study, assuming it came from some old culture. They seem to really love things like that."

"Something about Ciro in particular always had the killer on guard. Of course, Ciro was who Ciro was. I suspected him at times of being cruel, of being awful, but in retrospect maybe he was just very difficult to understand and get along with. I think this is why Ciro was targeted by the killer. They felt unsafe around him and wanted him gone. They poisoned his dish when he was preparing food in the ice cavern, before Benjamin began watching the kitchen."

"But Ciro switched his own bowl with Shizune, and so Shizune was condemned to death instead... She was condemned even in spite of her nobody wanting her dead."

Seb pauses a moment, his voice breaking with the difficulty of the words.

"Later on, Shizune must've learned of her coming demise, most likely from Klifford's notes when he left them in her room. She fought hard to accept her death, I'm sure, but... reading Klifford's notes, she must've realized that if she escaped, she would be able to cure herself."

"She assumed, like I'm sure many in her place would have, that Ciro did it to her. He was, after all, the one who gave her the poisoned bowl of soup. She sent a letter laced with dangerous medicine to Ciro, asking for the pufferfish poison so that she could construct Panacea. She must have also asked him to burn the letter, and he unwittingly went through with it. This made Shizune the culprit behind Ciro's death."

"Ciro never tried to kill anyone. He wasn't exactly the person we thought he was. The lives of these innocent people should all land on the shoulders of one person."

"The person who killed my friend Shizune is..." Seb can barely take the thought of Shizune anymore, he has to pause to compose himself.

"Micah Yandell."

Spoiler: Result
"YOU ARE CORRECT. MICAH YANDELL IS THE TAINTED."

"Rejoice if you wish. It is all the same to me."

Star Detectives: Brandy, Sebastian, Klifford

The American Dream

"I ain't gonna rejoice... I jus' feel dirty," Brandy said. "None of this even feels like it was worth it..."
Page 55 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus