Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 58 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch4 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

"I'm fine." Benjamin winced, looking not fine as he shakily stood up. "I've had worse. This one time in prison-" He cut off his own sentence as he suddenly retched some blood.

"... I assume this has something to do with the card. In which case, it's for the best this happened."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Sol... Sol... Soldie--"

Some muffled words come out of Daniel behind everybody else. He's redder than red and [i]very[/b] slowly doing wide pushups, with his arms quivering. His face is pretty much equivalent to a torrent of sweat, and it looks like it's really hurting.

"Somebody... else... talk..."

He religiously continues pushing up, emitting a few grunts of pain.

Happy Maria

"Kee, someone get him some help!" Bruce squeaks, glancing at Klifford in particular. "If someone dies because of these tasks, then how are they going to help anyone?"

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan's eyes widened at Bruce's call. The idea that Benjamin would die seemed to startle him greatly. Moments later, Ivan dropped his baton and kneeled over.

Southern Corn wrote:
"Kee, someone get him some help!" Bruce squeaks, glancing at Klifford in particular. "If someone dies because of these tasks, then how are they going to help anyone?"

Klifford was silently staring at the scene in front of him, when Bruce's cries brought him back to reality.

"Right...! You're right! I've got to do something." He looked around nervously. "There's gotta be something around here I can use..."

Happy Maria

Klifford doesn't seem to find much of importance in the art room, but with Benjamin looking like his life could be in peril, he panicks and asks for people to help him carry Benjamin over to the hospital. Brandy goes over to help but stops, looking at her only arm in disappointment. Daniel seems weirdly into his pushups as well. So Ivan, Sebastian and Oliver help Klifford carry the man to a hospital room and let him lay there. Klifford tells the others that he'll take care of him by himself. They all leave to let them be.

Spoiler: The Next Day...
Everyone arrives at the hospital to see how the two are doing. They get a pleasant surprise when they see Benjamin standing upright, giving them a weak smile. He has some bandages over him but overall he's definitely in a better condition compared to yesterday. Klifford on the other hand seems quite nervous. When prodded, he says he found a letter in his office regarding the challenges. It seems to be directed to everyone. He takes out the letter and reads it.

Spoiler: The Letter
It has been 24 hours since the game of Virtues and Vices has started. A progress report on how everyone is doing has been enclosed below.

THREE OF YOU HAVE ACHIEVED TENTATIVE SUCCESS.

ONE OF YOU HAS FAILED YOUR TASK.

The rest of you still haven't come close to achieving anything. I recommend that you change that soon, for the better.

Incidentally, those who have received tentative success are not allowed to say that they have yet or insinuate so. They are still compelled to the rules of the game and cannot reveal anything about their card, either.

Good luck.

-Belphegor

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upon hearing Belphegor's letter, Ivan immediately tenses up and leaves the room, but before tossing his card in a nearby bin.

"...Excuse me," Ivan said softly as he left the room.

“This is not good.” Benjamin sighed at the results. “Nothing we can do except hope we do better. I’ll just remind everyone to check the rules of the game again and make sure we don’t break any accidentally.”

Shy guy

"There's still time, at least. We can try to help each other out as much as the rules allow: none of us have any reason to prevent someone from achieving their task. That being said, I wonder if there's any sort of activity we can do that might help people with that?" Seb said. "We have the run of both copy-Rattlewater and the palace, so there are plenty of options."

Just a guy online.

Haley crossed her arms, looking rather pissed. "If it were only that easy for me," she griped. "But mine's a bit more complicated than 'Set up in a room and do whatever'." She then sighed and shrugged. "That being said, if anyone wants someone to help out, just let me know. I'll figure out my card later, if at all."

Just another day.

Matt looked incredibly irratable, then hearing what the letter made him furious.

"Its only been 24 hours! ONLY 24 FUCKING HOURS! FUCK!"
"Matt smashed his hand into a wall, left a dent in the wall his hand a bit bloody from it."

Matt breathed heavy and angerly but slowly calmed down a little.
"The hell is this bullcrap...feels like its been a damn eternity...need to blow off some damn steam."

Matt walked out of the hospital.

Shy guy

Seb watched Matt leave uncomfortably. "I might have some idea what he's dealing with... and if so, Belphegor is very cruel indeed," he said nervously. "Actually, if I've understood some people's tasks correctly, Belphegor seems to just be intentionally spiting a lot of us. It's no wonder, then, that we're having difficulty succeeding."

Daniel is in the corner. He's doing a high intensity plank, staring at the floor with his eyes wide. He's extremely red and sweaty. He looks in extreme pain, but is silent, aside from a few very pained grunts.

Shy guy

"...Case in point."

Just a guy online.

"... Is he doing some variation on ten thousand push-ups, ten thousand sit-ups, and a ten kilometer run every day to get super buff?" Haley asked. "Not that that seems familiar or anything. Just curious."

There is no answer. Only a grunt.

fella

"Does working out endlessly have something to do with his card...?" Oliver wondered aloud.

“I wouldn’t try to speculate, it’s against the rules.” Benjamin warned.

Klifford coughs.

"So... What now?" He asks, looking around at the others in the room.

Just a guy online.

"We could always play paddy-cake instead of trying to fulfill the cards," Haley suggested with a modicum of sarcasm. "Y'know, have most of us lose our voting privileges. Seems like a good idea."

Happy Maria

A giant Oomph! is heard suddenly, followed by the sound of something hitting the ground. The others look in shock to see Haley, face flat on the floor! What could have happened?

Just a guy online.

Haley groaned, putting a hand to her forehead and pushing herself up with her elbows. "Look, I'm glad you like me so much, but if you wanted to bang, could you maybe have pushed me onto something softer? Like... I dunno, a bed or something? I'm not THAT hard to please."

Shy guy

Seb, who had been distracted by a spec of dust screaming 'clean me', turned around in surprise. "What just happened?"

“Did you have a nice trip there, Haley?” Klifford asked.

Just a guy online.

"Oh, yeah, Doc, I had a real nice fall. It was warm, and bright, just the right balance of hot qnd cold, and all the pretty colors of the trees wwre so nice to look at." She blinked, covering her mouth with her hand. "Oh, dear me, that wasn't what you were asking. No, it was quite painful. It could've been so much better, and so much more R-rated that Belphegor himself probably would've shown up to tell us to stop. I would respond with, 'You can't stop love!', and sweep my dear unto their feet, kissing them so deeply that they can't even draw breath, until they are so lightheaded that we can--"

She coughed then. "My apologies. I should save writing the shipping fanfiction to the shippers."

Shy guy

"I still don't remotely understand what just happened here," Seb insisted in mild exasperation, looking around at the others to see if anyone else would be more forthcoming.

Daniel is still planking. His legs are madly shaking and he's still staring at the floor. Chances are he does not know.

“Well, I guess that joke fell a little flat...” Klifford chuckles.

The American Dream

“Did somethin’ happen?” Brandy asked absentmindedly.

Just a guy online.

To say Haley was shocked would be the least of her reactions. She shifted from shock to anger to abject horror so quickly, it'd give an elephant whiplash, and she gasped and fell back down.

"Oh, how could you, Brandy? I thought we had something. I thought we started something! I know... I know it's scary, but if you want me to guide you on this path, I'll do it! Just trust me..."

Shy guy

"...Alright then. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the parlour," Seb said, turning to leave. "Don't forget: whatever you do, don't look inside the bin. Belphegor might fail you for seeing Ivan's card." With that warning he walked out of the hospital room.

The American Dream

“I ain’t got a clue ‘bout what’s goin’ on,” Brandy said bluntly. “Y’all ever see a horse with three legs?”

Brandy and Haley continue having their very strange conversation. Brandy continuously denies Haley's claims of pushing her down, either dismissing them as lies or acting completely confused. In the end, Haley doesn't get much support.

The next day, everyone is exploring the castle some more.

Brandy finds a door and calls Daniel over. Daniel looks super exhausted, still jogging in place. He looks like he could collapse at any second. It seems that the door the two are looking at had indeed never been checked by anyone during their initial run through the manor. Daniel opens the door with pained movement. The door slides open to reveal a small sitting room with a table in the middle. It looks like a cozy, quiet place to talk.

On the table, lying on his back, is a man in a worn striped shirt and tattered grey shorts. He looks to be in his early twenties or so. A tousle of brown hair sits on his head and his eyes lay closed in a deep and thorough rest. He's dead.

A large knife sits vertical in his chest. Blood stains the rug around him a dark shade of red. The blood is dry and he's cold like stone. Rose petals sit on top of him. The rose petals look pale and withered, turning black and grey.

On the ground sits a newspaper from eight or so years ago. It's from the tribune and yet nobody ever found it. It gives off the feeling of being significant to someone, as the pages are soft with wrinkles. They search through it and find the following article:

Spoiler: Newspaper
Dustin Gardner went missing this past week. He and his twin sister Enola were out in the woods last Thursday when only Enola returned back to her home. Since the event, Enola has been deep in a fit of incoherent and tempestuous hysterics. The twins' parents say that ever since birth Dustin has always been more friendly and lively than his twin. Dustin is a fifteen year old boy with brown hair and light freckles. He was wearing a striped shirt with grey shorts. Please contact the police if you have any idea as to his whereabouts.

A piece of tear-stained paper is tucked into the newspaper.

Spoiler: Note
I can’t breathe, I can’t fucking breathe.

Maybe if I stopped someone would find me
No one gives a damn about you till you’re damned.

The Stars would give a nice speech for me
Oh she was such a peculiar girl
If she hadn’t fucked off to hell we might have been friends.

I CAN HEAR THOSE ASSHOLES WHISPERING
I WANT TO RIP OUT THEIR FUCKING VOCAL CORDS
SO THEY CAN UNDERSTAND HOW TO LIVE LIKE A CORPSE

OH GOD THERE’S SO MUCH FUCKING BLOOD
IT’S EVERYWHERE
SOMEONE CLEANSE ME
CLEANSE ME OFF THE FACE OF THIS GODDAMN HELLHOLE

THEY WERE ALL RIGHT
I’M NOTHING BUT A FUCKING STAIN
THIS IS ALL MY FAULT
DIZZY I’M SORRY

dizzy
im sorry

The American Dream

"Looks like we found Dizzy..." Brandy said solemnly. "Paper says he was fifteen, but he's lookin' a little older here. I wonder..."

Brandy trailed off in the middle of her thought, though its conclusion was pretty obvious.

"So is this why she went into the caves? To find him?"

Benjamin kneeled down by the corpse, examining the wound. "How could this happen?"

Shy guy

"He must have died a while back... But also not that far back, else he would have started to decompose," Seb commented evenly, also moving closer to get a look. "Which strikes me as very strange. It can't be a coincidence that he died roughly around the time this game started to become a thing, surely? He disappeared 8 years ago, yet only relatively recently died."

Just another day.

Matt walked in to see what all the commotion was about.
"Another dead guy ehh? guess its no suprise anymore, just one damn body after another in this hellhole."

Matt picked up the note and read it and scratched his head.
"I said it before and ill say it again, dont get this poetry shit but, dont this sound like its being written from this guy heres perspective?" Matt pointed at the dead body." thought all this crap was written by the girl.

"...W-What in the world is going on..?" Ivan muttered through clenched teeth. "Dizzy this...Dizzy that...I'm growing ever fatigued by the minute..."

Daniel sits down near a corner nearby and crosses his arma behind his head, leaning on a wallm Without saying anything, he just closes his eyes and lets out a big breath.

After a strange encounter with what is presumably the corpse of Dizzy, the group looks over the room one more time and find in the corner a metal device sitting there, looking vaguely like an alarm clock. A set of earphones sit plugged into it. Brandy reaches to unplug it, but ushers Benjamin over to do it.

Benjamin has a strange look in his eyes, like he instinctually knows what this is. He pops the cord out, and a sinister string of melodic-sounding nonsense pours over them, nearly overloading their ears with its mix of tones:

"...MA YK OJQE WED FK OU HNOBGCQ LECSJ NOD LC UHR DXCKYOJTN. LBO ALHL UHMVW PV ZTAS PU AIV TAG OW NBJ PQRBTA KRFWOE. REQQ TJYU CAOGACKK. QR CRJ FIDMO HT DD HR UMAE FHMEE FB FA REKB. GON OEN PJEYOV RNN GDMFX PZ CN HJIVJO SQ YIGA AIHY DAABU BJSIJB IOVFJKY HREA SPON HJTT YD AIV YHAEJNE. JALJAEC SPON CBPL. RB EIYJM AICB WYRT UHR WEDJURHREKH. PW IZT CRJ VPCPTAKNX NR GQFO, YE QFF LL JUBGJC IJ KOUVPJJ. WJP SO IAOV PLPZ HRE OESYXD BAMC EL DMH UYN VBXDXY..."

It goes on and on, raving. It sounds almost jubilant.
Page 58 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus