Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 67 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 5 ???)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

"An object for all those who've departed here, one way or another," Seb agreed, standing back as he stared at the toys. "I can already see how some of the words might match up with each of them, too. I suppose we should just get to it?"

The American Dream

"You read my mind, kid," Brandy replied. She was holding up the Green Cap. "This is probably meant to represent Charlie... I s'pose it belongs in the 'Greed' box."

She gently placed the cap in the seemingly appropriate box.

"Next?"

Shy guy

Seb picked up the novel, then placed it in the 'Rumination' box. "Shizune would always get completely lost in a book if she ever started reading one... To the extent that she'd block out most of the rest of the world. I assume 'rumination' was alluding to this."

The American Dream

Brandy held up the Lollipop. "This is probably meant to be Klifford. Doctors give kids these things, right?"

She dropped it in the "Speculation" box. As it fell in, she sighed. "To risk for gain... he did end up becomin' a bit of a gambler in the process of tryin' to support his family, unfortunately. Life ain't fair."

She turned to face the others. "I s'pose I'll take a minute n' let the rest o' y'all figure a few more out. I don't wanna leave everyone with nothin' to do. Who knows, maybe you guys knew the others well enough to figure these out faster. Some o' these boxes are hard to link to jus' one person."

Just a guy online.

Nail had decided to come out to play, so he picked up the wrench, twirling it around a bit. "A simple enough task," he said, setting the wrench into the ego box. "Though I am unsure if I would be any better at this than the two of you. You seem to have it well under control."

Shy guy

"I think the wrench is for the Shame box, actually. The complete opposite, apparently," Seb said. "Matt... hated who he was. He might have joked about it at times, but he hated his alcoholism, he hated himself for what he did to his friend."

The American Dream

"I agree. The wrench should be in the Shame box," Brandy said. "Also I'm thinkin' the dead rat might belong in the Fixation box."

Holding her breath, she very quickly took the rat and dumped it in the Fixation box. "Carrie was always dead-set on findin' her parents... but seriously Belphegor?! You couldn't be bothered to like, keep that in a bag or anythin'? Come on man..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Daniel had been examining the boxes for a while. In a rare show, he actually picks up the key and puts it into the Impassion box. "He rarely had any emotions, so..."

His voice is a little somber.

Shy guy

"Let's try this," Seb said, putting the pine board in the Ego box. "He always seemed adamant to never feel sorry for anything he ever did. Not after causing that cave in, not even after accidentally killing Micah's friend..."

fella

Oliver had likewise undergone a small makeover. Gone was his signature white suit, as it was ruined by the paint stains, and now he was wearing a much more casual outfit which he had in his bag -- a red jacket with a white hood on the back of it, along with black jeans and a pair of simple gym shoes. He had disposed of his white suit, albeit somewhat reluctantly.

"I believe," he began, grabbing the toy gun. "that this belongs to Bennett, perhaps. What with being a bounty hunter and all. But in reality... he was a serial killer. A psychopath thinking he was doing the right thing. He was very delusional, to say the least," he noted as he placed the toy gun into the Delusion box.

Last edited by Collin1002 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"And she hated herself too." Daniel places the music box into the shame box.

"Perhaps we should move the pine to temerity..? That man was...a lot of things. Foolish, mostly."

Ivan moved the pine to the temerity box.

"I believe everything we have so far is correct."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fella

Oliver grabbed the trowel and placed it into the Obstinacy box, letting out a small sigh. "While we all didn't know Micah very well, she was very, ah, adamant about various things, and never backed down on her beliefs. She didn't seem willing to compromise."

"I also find it likely that she would hate herself. I know I would. Anyways...if we are wrong, we can simply swap the two items left."

Following Oliver's suggestion, he placed the music box in shame and impatiently waited for something to happen.

Finally, the group finishes sorting the last couple of items.

Spoiler: Solution
DELUSION - Bennett
EGO - Matt
FIXATION - Carrie
GREED - Charlotte
IMPASSION - Benjamin
OBSTINACY - Micah
RUMINATION - Shizune
SHAME - Lavender
SPECULATION - Klifford
TEMERITY - Ciro

As they do so, they hear a click from the wall. Slowly, the fourth wall of the room begins moving upwards, revealing a natural stone tunnel, which twists and turns away from the doors. Along the sides of the tunnel are green spruce trees. The middle has a multicolored cobblestone path, lit by stained-glass streetlamps. The trail of lamps leads away like dancing lightning bugs in the darkness. The place has a refreshing scent to it.

"No time to waste! Let's go!" Daniel begins skipping ahead rather quickly, an odd opposite of whatever he's been doing the past four [time unit].

The American Dream

"You heard the man, pitter-patter let's get at 'er!" Brandy yelled, hurrying after Daniel.

"Yes...this is no time to hesitate..! We will complete this operation without failure!" Ivan nodded, following the others.

fella

"Very well. Let's get this done!" Oliver exclaimed as he ran after the others. He nearly tripped and faceplanted, but was able to catch himself just in time. After that gaffe, he continued running.

Shy guy

"Er, yes, alright," Seb said, following everyone's lead and awkwardly running after them.

The air is fresh as the group walks through the shimmering darkness. Each step echoes like it's underwater, perhaps due to the strange acoustics of the cavern, or maybe because it's a magical place.

After quite a while of walking, the cavern widens up, and the trees get quite tall overhead. The ground looks and feels like a forest floor, with little sprouts growing up out of it. The weirdest thing though is what's in front of them.

It's a house. Just a little, humble abode. It can't be much larger than a few rooms in size. The sides of the house have normal-looking white paneling. The lights are on and shining out through the drapes.

They carefully approach the porch. There, on the welcome mat, is printed one word:

Spoiler:

The American Dream

“Well holy shit...” Brandy muttered. “We did it boys!”

The crew enters the humble little house. The decoration makes one feel at home. It's old-style, with interesting knick-knacks and floral wallpaper.

Spoiler: Living Room
A living space with furniture made of a thick patterned fabric. It looks like the couch has been folded out into a bed. An old-fashioned TV set lies dormant, as does a rotary phone on the wall. The room is lit with lamps. A little kitchenette sits to the side of a dining table with four chairs.

Spoiler: Library
A dark library with a table in the center. Bookshelves are on most of the walls. It seems similar to the other libraries seen so far. The décor is green and many books lay stacked on the table.

Spoiler: Bedroom
An orange room with one large bed with barely enough room for a nightstand on either side. A cuckoo clock ticks on the wall. A bathroom is right down the hall from it. A picture sits on the side table of a man, a woman, and two kids who look to be about the same age. All of them have brown hair.

Shy guy

"She's... not here?" Seb spoke up after silently exploring the small house with the others. "I suppose that would have been too easy."

The American Dream

“Well, yeah, I don’t know what I was expectin’, to be honest,” Brandy admitted. “This is still a game, after all...”

"It's hard not to be disappointed, though..." Ivan admitted. "In any case, we should search the area. Bookshelves, drawers...there may be another clue."

Daniel looks at the sofa. Longingly. Aftwr a few moments, he shakes his head. "Let's get to work, then!"

He stomps over to the library and starts searching it, book by book.

Daniel starts combing through books, sitting in the library. After a while he begins to feel uncomfortable. Most of the books are about spiritual meetings, evidence of the afterlife, and so on. He keeps thinking he hears someone there in the room with him. After all, the house is fairly noisy.

[Please wait to post until the next post.]

ASCEND

Concerned, Daniel invited the others to investigate the library further. As they progressed deeper into the dark room, they heard a strange melody, joined by rhythmic thumping. They peeked around the corner and saw someone.

It was her.

She glided between bookshelves like a ghost, silk white dress fluttering around her and long brown hair flowing down her back.

Nothing about her looked right. She was too clean. Too perfectly dressed. Her pale skin made her look like a maiden dressed for the coffin.

She hummed an unsettling tune to herself as she gently plucked a book from the shelves. She flipped through the pages, soaking up the words within, before tossing it dismissively to the floor. It fell amongst a heap of literature with a dull thump.

But something caught her eye. A gathering of faces near the opening. She turned to them and stopped in her tracks, her gaze passing amongst them without a word.

She stared with bright blue eyes that pierced the darkness. But she didn’t smile. Judging by the faint redness below her eyes, she hadn’t in a long time.

She closed her eyes, pressed her forehead sharply, and then opened them again. She flinched upon seeing the six explorers again. She stumbled backward and collided with the bookshelf behind her, but didn’t seem to notice.

“I-I don’t understand…” Her voice came out as a choked whisper. “I’ve never seen you before. Why…” She trailed off, and an expression of horror consumed her.

They’d found the outcast.

They’d found Enola Gardner.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

ASCEND

(SC and Nanjo wanted me to tell you y'all could post now)
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Just a guy online.

"... Impossible." Nail was, apparently, the first to speak, his shock still palpable. "I didn't think she'd be capable of surviving this long... not from her general description. So then... how? And more importantly, I think... why? And who?"

The American Dream

"So, we've finally found you," Brandy was ready to berate the girl for all the trouble they went through to get to that point, but something about her body language felt wrong, so she cooled off a bit.

"What are you doin' down here, missy?" Brandy asked as gently as possible, though a hint of annoyance still made itself apparent. "How'd you even get this far?"

fella

"So, Miss Gardner has finally been found..." Oliver listlessly mumbled. He wasn't sure how to feel. He was angry that she was the cause of the group getting trapped down here in the first place, and also held some suspicions that she was involved with the game somehow. But at the same time... he felt a wave of relief wash over him. He decided to stay silent and listen to what she had to say.

"...Let us not hesitate," Ivan glared. "We have found our girl, yet have lost many to do so. She has to know something more about this killing game..!"

He hovered his hand over his baton but retracted it moments later.

"This killing game...what do you know?"

ASCEND

Enola stared up...and up...at Nail for a while.

"Were you hoping to find my maggot-ridden corpse?" Enola asked, "Well...sorry to disappoint. Guess it's divine interference or some guardian angel...God's a good fucking comedian, isn't he?"

She then turned her attention to Brandy, only to look above her. Towards the ceiling, above even Nail's head. She backed away slightly.

"...I'm not sure why you're asking the questions either. This is my house...where else would I be. You're the assholes who came through my door with your ghosts rattling their chains. I'd love some answers myself...but I know those are a rare commodity."

Enola cursed without any emphasis, or even the vaguest hint of strong emotion. It only served to lend her speech an unsettling quality.

Quote:
"This killing game...what do you know?"

"Killing game...?"

Enola fell silent. She trembled slightly.

"That doesn't sound...very fun..."

The American Dream

"Lord, give me strength," Brandy muttered. "Did you happen to know that your God damn house is at the bottom of a complex series of caves, mystical crap, n' a replica of the damn town that sent us here to find you in the first place? What the Hell is goin' on here? N' don't even get me started on ghosts, lady. Christ..."

fella

"To make a very long, very convoluted story short, you were deemed as a missing person, and the Mayor of Rattlewater got together a group of sixteen Star Citizens to delve into a cave system, where you were last sighted, and rescue you. ... As you can plainly see, there are only six of us remaining. An atrocious killing game was held, and the only way one person could escape would be to take the life of someone else."

Oliver stuck his hands into his pockets. "We've seen magic, a perfect replication of the town, a castle, and so many more undescribable things beneath the surface... Nothing about this blasted place is normal."

ASCEND

"Oh...yes, I guess it's a little strange," Enola rested a finger on her chin and rocked her head back and forth thoughtfully. "There used to be lots of noisy people out in the town...beautiful trees...twittering birds. But I haven't heard them in a while."

"It's so much more peaceful down here with them gone..." Enola sighed, wrapping her arms around her chest. "I'm not sure how much longer I can take it."

Collin1002 wrote:
"To make a very long, very convoluted story short, you were deemed as a missing person, and the Mayor of Rattlewater got together a group of sixteen Star Citizens to delve into a cave system, where you were last sighted, and rescue you. ... As you can plainly see, there are only six of us remaining. An atrocious killing game was held, and the only way one person could escape would be to take the life of someone else."

Oliver stuck his hands into his pockets. "We've seen magic, a perfect replication of the town, a castle, and so many more undescribable things beneath the surface... Nothing about this blasted place is normal."

Enola paid careful attention to Oliver's story. She eventually snapped. "That's bullshit."

She continued, "Not even the emperor could convince sixteen people to go to hell just to bring me back...I don't think he even noticed I was gone..."

"Though I guess that would explain where all these ghosts came from," she mumbled, staring at nothing in particular. "I...I don't like the way this one smells..."

"...There is much to unpack in your ludicrous claims," Ivan glared. "When did you notice that your surroundings seemed to disappear..? Who is the emperor..? And what the hell is this about ghosts? I don't think I can take magic mixed with supernatural at the same time."

"And sixteen people to go to Hell? What is that supposed to mean?! Did we come all this way just to find a mentally unsound wench?!"

Just a guy online.

Planetbox wrote:
Enola stared up...and up...at Nail for a while.

"Were you hoping to find my maggot-ridden corpse?" Enola asked, "Well...sorry to disappoint. Guess it's divine interference or some guardian angel...God's a good fucking comedian, isn't he?"

"... No, I suppose I wasn't," Nail said softly. "But I had hoped that maybe, just maybe, the rumors were an exaggeration. I am saddened to see that they are not."

He stepped back, and turned away from the scene. "My apologies. I think I shall leave her to the rest of you. If you will excuse me."
Page 67 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus