Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 270 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

That's cause a Link to the Past is a great game! Glad you are enjoying it.

It's pretty old though at this point, how'd you get to playing it at all if you weren't into Zelda?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

I've been wanting to get more into the games on my SNES Classic and I just felt like trying out A Link To The Past. There are still some other games on there I need to get to. I need to eventually finish Earthbound and I want to try Super Mario RPG again at some point.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Gettin' Old!

Finished Detroit Become Human and it was pretty amazing. Hate the director but no one quite makes games like that.

Looking forward to the New Fire Emblem though!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Looking forward to the New Fire Emblem though!

Definitely. Just one more day...
I'll always love you, Max.

High level play

So how is the new Fire Emblem?

I'm especially curious if the 'Dating Simulator' aspects have enhanced once again. It's looking a bit too much anime for my liking, although I haven't seen much from the game yet. What are your thoughts on it?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Sjibbey wrote:
So how is the new Fire Emblem?

I'm especially curious if the 'Dating Simulator' aspects have enhanced once again. It's looking a bit too much anime for my liking, although I haven't seen much from the game yet. What are your thoughts on it?

I'd actually say the dating sim aspects of it have been dialled back. Which is probably for the best, since a lot of it is teacher-student relationships. There's a timeskip in the game and I don't think any actual romance happens until after it when everyone is grown up and young adults in their 20s.

Plus I think romantic pairings for LITERALLY EVERYONE are a thing of the past now or at least greatly lessened. I've not seen any "S-rank" (the romantic level) supports between any characters who aren't the main avatar Byleth. This is probably for the best as the bloody 'breeding' game of Awakening started to grate after a while.

That said the social aspects of the game are stronger than ever! They've taken a few leaves from the Persona series and give you several new ways to hang out with other characters while enhancing their abilities and your own as well (it is a school after all).

Also I can't stress the value of this last point enough:

Characters stay relevant throughout the game(so far). It's not like in other games where say...the noble Archer Virion joins the party, gets a cool moment in his chapter and then fades into obscurity never getting another moment of screentime outside his supports.

Each character will have something to say on the different events going on in the plot and at the school, will participate in school festivals, will show up and offer comment on the plot cutscenes. It keeps their personalities a part of the plot in a way that previous FE games have failed to do and it does a good job of building this sense of a "House". I do think the way they get to pull this off is by having less of the cast be available to you. You do need to choose a house which means you get access to about 8 or 9 of the roster at once meaning that they can have those more bespoke moments for the characters but it's very much improved I think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I love Three Houses. I completed my first playthrough a little less than two hours ago. Pretty much every criticism I have is more of a "this needed more polish" or "this idea should have been taken farther" criticism than a "never do this again" criticism.

I agree with Pierre's comparison to the Persona games as far as the player character's interactions are concerned. I'd have appreciated a greater variety of dialogue options, as well as more dialogue prompts, but I can understand why the developers may have wanted to play it safe when trying the idea out. Hopefully, future releases will continue down this road; I absolutely loved the variety and frequency of dialogue choices in Tyranny, so I'd love to see that in the next Fire Emblem game that has a player character (amusingly for me, "glare silently" seems to be the male player character's default expression in Three Houses).

Regarding romance, any paired ending that doesn't involve the player character is derived from A-Level supports rather than S-Level. I don't know yet how the game decides which endings to prioritize in the event that one character has an A-Level support with multiple potential partners, though I haven't exactly looked it up, either. Also, there are some A-Level supports that result in non-romantic paired endings. As for the player character, the S-Level support conversation (should you choose to marry your character off to someone) always occurs at the end of the game.

I feel character relevance is akin to what I saw in Echoes. Regarding playable characters, there are primary characters, secondary characters, and tertiary characters. Primary characters include the player character and whichever Lord they align with; their story significance is pretty much typical Lord fare (Alm and Celica were this in Echoes). Secondary characters include the rest of the House and possibly some others who join up automatically for plot-related reasons; these people continue to give input throughout the game (in Echoes, that included Clair, Boey, Mae, Tobin, Saber, and a few others). Tertiary characters are anyone you recruit; they tend to fade into the background save for in the occasional Paralogue (Palla, Delthea, Atlas, Kamui, and other optional characters fell into this category in Echoes). I'd have liked to have all tertiary characters bumped up to secondary, but that probably would have required the game to have all manner of different versions of cutscenes to account for the presence or absence of each character; simply covering all possibilities in your own House was probably enough of a pain to program, so I can excuse maintaining the distinction between secondary and tertiary characters.

I also like the new class system overall, and I'm quite pleased that weapons are not locked to any particular class (though only certain classes may use magic). I will grant that I found some of the requirements for certain classes frustrating, but that may have had more to do with which class I put everyone in than anything else. I'll probably refine my plans for my next playthrough to spare myself some hassle.

I also have my share of praise for certain aspects of the story, though I can't go into detail there without spoiling things. Maybe I'll talk about it later once I've gone through all the potential paths.

What's a Court Records?

I decided to give Aura Kingdom a try. It's been pretty fun so far.
Why am I even here?

Gettin' Old!

I'll echo your sentiments about some frustrations with the class requirements General. Also the gender-locked classes are annoying too.

I spent a fair bit of time training Leonie in brawling (unarmed weapons are now a thing and I love them) only to discover that the Brawler class was gender locked to men only. So my backup plan involved training her in swords to be a mercenary. She idolises a famous mercenary and that's probably still got good stats but by the point I'm skilled enough, she's already several levels higher than the point she should have class swapped at. I think a friend told me that Hero (typically the upgraded Mercenary class) is also gender locked which might be a kick in the teeth later too.

Plus Dark Mage is male only for some reason despite not being before so Lysithia's natural affinity for Black Magic won't be able to be fully developed as I'd like it to be.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
I'll echo your sentiments about some frustrations with the class requirements General. Also the gender-locked classes are annoying too.

I spent a fair bit of time training Leonie in brawling (unarmed weapons are now a thing and I love them) only to discover that the Brawler class was gender locked to men only. So my backup plan involved training her in swords to be a mercenary. She idolises a famous mercenary and that's probably still got good stats but by the point I'm skilled enough, she's already several levels higher than the point she should have class swapped at. I think a friend told me that Hero (typically the upgraded Mercenary class) is also gender locked which might be a kick in the teeth later too.

Plus Dark Mage is male only for some reason despite not being before so Lysithia's natural affinity for Black Magic won't be able to be fully developed as I'd like it to be.

The gender-locked classes are so dumb. I trained up Linhardt in both Faith and Reason, only to find out that Gremory is locked to females. There isn't any other combo class for the two, and I wasn't gonna convert him to a knight, so he was stuck with nowhere to go. So dumb.

I've felt worse.

Stardew Valley is a game about taking a break from the stressors of life and my dumbass collapsed from exhaustion on Day 1.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

tiger_festival wrote:
Stardew Valley is a game about taking a break from the stressors of life and my dumbass collapsed from exhaustion on Day 1.

Weeeeell, your character has been working for Joja for quite some time. They probably just have to get used to the idea of not having to work past the point of exhaustion. :godot:

I like the idea behind Stardew Valley, and I know they said some of the Bokujo Monogatari games (especially the N64 one) were an influence by having the dark stuff in the game, but... I feel like the creators of Stardew Valley completely missed the point of the dark stuff in those games. The whole point was that, yes, there were SOME dark elements there... but they were either subtle or missable, and you still had a lot of happy stuff to focus on.

Stardew Valley decided that everyone needed a bad background, and it put so much heavy, dark stuff there, it really puts me off playing the game...

In Justice We Trust

Just finished the Battle of the Eagle and Lion in my Golden Deer playthrough of Three Houses. I've already done a Blue Lions playthrough and part of a Black Eagles playthrough. I'm getting used to how the class system works, though I stand by my prior objections to some of the skill requirements. Had it been up to me, I would have included a wider variety of Master-level classes and also done away with gender restrictions. I imagine I'll do a full Black Eagles playthrough once I'm done with the Golden Deer. I also discovered that the player character can share a name with another character (or at least with a tertiary character); I named my character Cyril after what I usually name my character in Tyranny.

Hopefully I won't grow too attached to anyone who has to die in at least one other route...

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Just finished the Battle of the Eagle and Lion in my Golden Deer playthrough of Three Houses. I've already done a Blue Lions playthrough and part of a Black Eagles playthrough. I'm getting used to how the class system works, though I stand by my prior objections to some of the skill requirements. Had it been up to me, I would have included a wider variety of Master-level classes and also done away with gender restrictions. I imagine I'll do a full Black Eagles playthrough once I'm done with the Golden Deer. I also discovered that the player character can share a name with another character (or at least with a tertiary character); I named my character Cyril after what I usually name my character in Tyranny.

Hopefully I won't grow too attached to anyone who has to die in at least one other route...

I've been trying to avoid killing students where possible but some missions force me to :sadshoe:

I'm at the point where my characters for the most part feel disgustingly powerful. I strongly recommend you make Lorenz a magic-user.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I've been playing Pokemon Ultra Moon with my boyfriend (he's playing Ultra Sun) again lately before Sword and Shield come out. Also Gundam Breaker 3 and Mega Man 11. :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Not playing anything rn but most recently I played Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. It's pretty fun and I managed to clear Chapter 23 without any of my units being defeated.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Gettin' Old!

Student678 wrote:
Not playing anything rn but most recently I played Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. It's pretty fun and I managed to clear Chapter 23 without any of my units being defeated.

Good job (though Conquest is better, Nohr family for life! XD)

It warms my heart to see Fire Emblem getting recognition like this.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
(though Conquest is better, Nohr family for life! XD)

Gah! I don't wanna play Conquest, I don't wanna see Ryoma and Takumi die! :c (ESPECIALLY Ryoma!)

Pierre wrote:
It warms my heart to see Fire Emblem getting recognition like this.

Same here! I really want a Ryoma cosplay outfit... but I can't seem to find one... yet...

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

Playing some Monster Hunter Iceborne. Enjoying it so far and a good way to keep me busy till Borderlands 3 on Monday. Also been playing Blair Witch on the PC

Gettin' Old!

Aah! I forgot Borderlands is out that soon! Gragh, what a pain. So many damn games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Still playing Three Houses. I'm nearing what I believe to be the end of my Golden Deer playthrough. I must say I ended up liking Claude and Hilda a lot more than I expected to. Here's hoping I won't have to kill either of them in the Black Eagles route. The main reason why I didn't complete my previous Black Eagles playthrough was that I found myself growing attached to Edelgard. This being Fire Emblem, I fully expected to have to kill her in the other routes, and I worried that if I kept playing her route, I'd grow so attached to her that I wouldn't have the heart to play any of the other routes lest I have to kill her in them. As such, I figured it was best to experience the other routes first. Admittedly, that carries with it the risk of me having the same problem with one or more characters who must die in the Black Eagles route, but unless I'm making incorrect assumptions about whose deaths are unavoidable in that route, I think I'll be okay.

I can do some pretty cruel things in video games, but some things are just painful for me to even consider doing. For example, as bratty as she can be at times, I can't bring myself to ever be mean to Sirin, even if my character in Tyranny is otherwise a complete jerk (though I usually play a nice guy who just happens to have the misfortune of having to serve an evil overlord). Also, funny you should mention Birthright, Student678, as I actually can't bring myself to play that route again for the same reason that you're averse to playing Conquest (though in my case, it's because there's a character I'm very fond of who dies in Birthright, yet can survive Conquest and Revelation).

What's a Court Records?

After a few years, I finally got my Wii's disc slot fixed so I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy again.
Why am I even here?

The cape is self-fluttering

Decided to take a break from current games and go on a nostalgia run. Finished FFX-2 (not International + Last Mission), and was able to set up the [redacted] on the computer to play LUNAR: SSSC. It's crazy. I knew how spoiled we were when Working Designs was around, but going through this game again, I greatly appreciate the extra care they took in the translation (not to mention the packaging bonuses).
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
Still playing Three Houses. I'm nearing what I believe to be the end of my Golden Deer playthrough. I must say I ended up liking Claude and Hilda a lot more than I expected to. Here's hoping I won't have to kill either of them in the Black Eagles route. The main reason why I didn't complete my previous Black Eagles playthrough was that I found myself growing attached to Edelgard. This being Fire Emblem, I fully expected to have to kill her in the other routes, and I worried that if I kept playing her route, I'd grow so attached to her that I wouldn't have the heart to play any of the other routes lest I have to kill her in them. As such, I figured it was best to experience the other routes first. Admittedly, that carries with it the risk of me having the same problem with one or more characters who must die in the Black Eagles route, but unless I'm making incorrect assumptions about whose deaths are unavoidable in that route, I think I'll be okay.

I can do some pretty cruel things in video games, but some things are just painful for me to even consider doing. For example, as bratty as she can be at times, I can't bring myself to ever be mean to Sirin, even if my character in Tyranny is otherwise a complete jerk (though I usually play a nice guy who just happens to have the misfortune of having to serve an evil overlord). Also, funny you should mention Birthright, Student678, as I actually can't bring myself to play that route again for the same reason that you're averse to playing Conquest (though in my case, it's because there's a character I'm very fond of who dies in Birthright, yet can survive Conquest and Revelation).

I can't imagine being attached to Edelgard. Her motivations and actions are just perplexing to me. Golden Deer is where my heart is and I hate the thought of having to fight against this lovable lot later on.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Aah! I forgot Borderlands is out that soon! Gragh, what a pain. So many damn games.

I know. My poor wallet lol. Luckily I got my squad ready for Borderlands 3. Just missing a 4th member. Might have one tho

What's a Court Records?

Still playing Galaxy. Just beat the game bringing my star total to 105. Now I'm working on getting the rest of the stars.

Not including:
Spoiler: Completion Bonus
The second round as Luigi or the 121st star.

Why am I even here?

I grabbed the Collections of Mana. Okay, okay, the only one of those I was actually interested in was Trials of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 3) because it was finally getting a release worldwide, TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AFTER ITS INITIAL CREATION! I played with Angela as my main, with Duran and Hawk as the other two. Now, I either don't remember how difficult the game can be, the game is harder than it originally was, or I just picked one of the most difficult groups to play as because it was quite a challenge.
And there's a PS4 full remake being created, too! Ooooh, I am so gonna get that, too.

Also grabbed Stardew Valley, after not doing so for a long time. I still don't like how every townsperson's life sucks major balls and the game creator kinda didn't get the balance of lighthearted life and dark sides like Harvest Moon 64 did, but... oh, well.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Played AI Somnium Files over the weekend. I went in knowing it was gonna be quite similar to Zero Escape (I've only played 999, VLR is on my to-do list). Fantastic game overall. It didn't have the shock factor that 999 had, but it makes up for it with some fantastic character development. Mizuki and Mayumi's routes almost made me cry.

Excited for Luigi's Mansion 3 this week, and I'm excited for when the Persona 5 Royal OST will finally drop in the next 24 hours.

Playing RPG Maker XP.
Messing with scripts and code is hard... but fun!

In Justice We Trust

I got The Outer Worlds recently and have been enjoying it. Probably never would have given it a chance if Tyranny hadn't made me an Obsidian fan. I'm going for a "sniper" build for my current playthrough. Mantisaurs are scary because they're powerful enough to kill your entire team in a straight-up fight. A good sniper is scary because you don't even know they're there until one of your comrades suddenly drops dead.

I've felt worse.

General Luigi wrote:
I got The Outer Worlds recently and have been enjoying it. Probably never would have given it a chance if Tyranny hadn't made me an Obsidian fan. I'm going for a "sniper" build for my current playthrough. Mantisaurs are scary because they're powerful enough to kill your entire team in a straight-up fight. A good sniper is scary because you don't even know they're there until one of your comrades suddenly drops dead.

I've only played a little of it. The gameplay at least doesn't feel as clunky as Fallout: New Vegas, but I can't get past how unsubtle the game is about corporate worship bad. Yes, I agree with that, but corporations usually make an attempt to appear benign, rather than literally having a church dedicated to a corporation, or "company policy forbids dying on the job." Again, I haven't gotten far, so maybe the game does get better about it.
Also I hear one of the companions is canonically asexual and that does pique my interest.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

Finished my playthrough of The Outer Worlds. It has the dark humor and emphasis on choice that I've come to expect from Obsidian, so that's certainly nice, and my sniper build worked pretty much the way I wanted it to--frankly, it wound up being akin to my preferred build in the Mass Effect games. I'll probably hold off on a second playthrough until the next patch is out, though. While the game overall had almost no bugs (or at the very least, I noticed almost no bugs), there is one bug that I found annoying to deal with and would rather not have to work around the second time through. Now that I have a better sense of how the skill system works, I imagine I'll also settle more firmly into a particular build from here on out. I'd also appreciate better combat AI, both for enemies and for companions.

Happy Maria

Thunder84 wrote:
Played AI Somnium Files over the weekend. I went in knowing it was gonna be quite similar to Zero Escape (I've only played 999, VLR is on my to-do list). Fantastic game overall. It didn't have the shock factor that 999 had, but it makes up for it with some fantastic character development. Mizuki and Mayumi's routes almost made me cry.

Excited for Luigi's Mansion 3 this week, and I'm excited for when the Persona 5 Royal OST will finally drop in the next 24 hours.

I've been playing it for the past month now lol. Taking my time with it but I just wish Uchikoshi would stop being gross and horny with his dialogue.

Playing Nioh since it's free on psplus this month. Pretty fun game so far

Gettin' Old!

Gentle Criminal wrote:
Playing Nioh since it's free on psplus this month. Pretty fun game so far

Yeah I started this too. Samurai Dark Souls! I'm interested in that the plot isn't as arcane and cryptic as DS, you actually have a character.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

I just survived the KFC dating sim and I still don't know how to feel about it...
Why am I even here?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Southern Corn wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

I've been playing it for the past month now lol. Taking my time with it but I just wish Uchikoshi would stop being gross and horny with his dialogue.

For real lol. His stories are so damn good but why is the protag always a creepy pervert. It isn't even that funny more often than not.

Speaking of Uchikoshi, I finished VLR. Jesus Christ my brain hurts after trying to follow all of those plot twists lmao.

Happy Maria

VLR is good, my favourite ZE personally. I like the cast, setting and plot twists a lot. That and it has my favourite ending lol.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Southern Corn wrote:
VLR is good, my favourite ZE personally. I like the cast, setting and plot twists a lot. That and it has my favourite ending lol.

I prefer 999. Like the cast, setting, and story more. VLR has the better plot twists and of course the incredible Ambidex game.

Gettin' Old!

Playing Death Stranding just now. It's about exactly as absurd as I hoped for :basil:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 270 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station