Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

The Emoji MovieTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Undoubtedly the best thing that has happened to animated cinema since the Trolls movie, the Emoji movie is arriving! Coming to US on July 28th and U.K. on August 4th. The new trailer has come out too! Go and watch it if you haven't already.

Spoiler: Summary+Cast
Summary:

Quote:
The Emoji Movie unlocks the never-before-seen secret world inside your smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone’s user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression – except for Gene (T.J. Miller), an exuberant emoji who was born without a filter and is bursting with multiple expressions. Determined to become "normal" like the other emojis, Gene enlists the help of his handy best friend Hi-5 (James Corden) and the notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak (Anna Faris). Together, they embark on an epic "app-venture" through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it’s deleted forever.

Cast (with my oh so hilarious quips in parentheses):

Quote:
T. J. Miller as Gene, an outsider emoji who can show multiple expressions (LOL isn't that so unique guys?)
Anna Faris as Jailbreak, a codebreaker emoji (she kinda looks like Jenna Marbles)
James Corden as Hi-5, a hand emoji (I like how he can't get in the thumbs up club since he's a high five get it xD )
Patrick Stewart as a poop emoji (He...got knighted to come this far. But oh well, isn't poop funny you guys?!11! xP )
Maya Rudolph as Smiler, a smiley emoji
Steven Wright as Mel Meh, Gene's emoji father (the hilarious chap that appeared in the teaser. The family line is EPIC)
Rob Riggle as an ice cream emoji (is ice cream green? Genuine question)
Jennifer Coolidge as Mary Meh, Gene's emoji mother
Jake T. Austin as Alex, the human (the humans are my favourite characters (other than the Candy Crush app. Lol if they think anyone still plays that) btw. They're so quirky but great in their own way. Oh hai thar fellow millennials)
Sofía Vergara as Flamenco Dancer (the joke with her is that she dances all the time, which I'm sure will come into play in the form of some HILARIOUS jokes)
Christina Aguilera as Akiko Glitter, a supercool dancer that lives inside the Just Dance app.

And guess what the star, T.J Miller himself, had to say on this?

Quote:
In this movie, they talk about death. They talk about being deleted. One of the things I like about this movie – and I knew it would be this way from meeting them, but now having seen the movie I didn’t realize just how much it would be – it is a lot about expressing yourself and not hiding who you are, and talking to people instead of just texting them. That kind of stuff. But it’s also very much about – and I’m not going to ruin it for you – but it’s about women not needing to be just one thing, like a bride or a princess or a dancing flamenco girl. […] It’s about friendship, which I think is always important to teach kids about loyalty and friendship. And strangely it’s about family. It’s a good message for kids in general. All of these are helping develop a moral compass in children that we think is a progressive mindset, to be kind to everybody, to not hide yourself.

Isn't that just deep? :,)

It's also being directed by the same guy who made such classics in the animated films genre. Those classics include Lilo and Stitch 2, the Lion King 2, and of course, Igor.

So yeah, discuss below on how this movie is the pinnacle of human achievements and will never be topped.
Re: The Emoji MovieTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Lion King 2 was alright man.

Dunno if you are being sarcastic about that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Eh, I actually liked Lion King 2 a lot. Just didn't see it as often as the original. I saw Igor when it came out and I have vague memories of that. Never watched Lilo and Stitch though.

But back on topic! So far, my favourite scene in the other trailer is when the boy (Andy or something idk) decides to get a new phone JUST BECAUSE he sent a girl the wrong emoji. Oh and also his phone likes to play Candy Crush a lot which is lame

My iPad here is possessed, and you don't see me doing a thing about it. Get used to it, Anderson.

Also the scene where Hi-5 vomits out a candy corn (see my username) and eats it again? Hilarious! That was twice as funny as the fart joke, though the poop joke at the end was classic. Ahaha!

Happy Maria

Character trailers have released. Tours have begun. A fortnight left until the grand premier.

I can't wait.

I could've eaten a box of Alpha-Bits and crapped a better script.

Happy Maria

Smithee wrote:
crapped a better script.

Hey, speaking of crap, I watched the movie recently and kept count of the poop jokes.

There were only four of them.

Say what you will, but I consider that incredible restraint on the "writers'" part.

of the Old Bailey

The Emoji Movie? more like the Emoji POOVIE, haha, i'm great. :gant:

Happy Maria

Please don't insult the best movie ever made like that :larry: :larry: :larry:

of the Old Bailey

The Emoji Movie stans have been thoroughly owned. You're welcome reddit. :athena: :athena: :athena:
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios