Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 45 of 78[ 3102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F8: The Machine - Chapter 2 - Daily LifeTopic%20Title

After a few minutes of absence, Hubert came back to [wherever everyone is] while carrying a strange disc, five inches across and less than a centimeter thick. He turned it over in his hands a few times, looking at his reflection. "... Hey, Rover. Do you still have your piece of that thing?"

“Ugh, FINALLY the living conditions I deserve.” He scoffs, but looks slightly concerned at the mention of...a toad.

“Um, excuse me? A what?” He shakes his head and crosses his arms, the chain jangling loudly. “No. No. Not acceptable. Remove it immediately.”

"Oh nooo, come on..."

Florsy clears her throat.

"Toadette!" she calls.

The toad, hops to her out of the shadows. Florsy catches Toadette, and she perches on Florsy's shoulder.

"See, she isn't so bad... look!"

Toadette sticks out a long sticky tongue and nabs a fly that was going to hover near Preston.

"She gets rid of gross bugs for you. Alfred found and named her, it's like his final memento..."

Florsy stops before she starts to tear up.

"Times like these, I would use my medicine to feel better, or forget about him. But now I know that only hurts people... so is just accepting the pain really all I can do?"

Preston stared at the toad, his disgust slowly becoming more and more prevalent. He blinks long and hard before opening his mouth to speak, shutting it, then opening it again.

“That—” he jabs a finger at Toadette—“is disgusting. Keep that slimy thing for the bugs but AWAY from me.”

Florsy sighs, shoulders down.

"Okay... it's going to be one long week if I don't make compromises."

She puts Toadette down.

"I'm sorry girl... you're gonna have to stay out of the shower when he's using it. Stay strong, we'll pull through this together."

Sleeping is my life.

"Well..." Axel looks at the handcuffs. "Oh boy... This is going to cause us some trouble in our daily lives. Kent, we might have to talk about what we're going to do now that we have been handcuffed to each other. Not now, maybe later, though..."

"Still, we'll get through this, somehow." He added on.

Rookie Killer

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Well..." Axel looks at the handcuffs. "Oh boy... This is going to cause us some trouble in our daily lives. Kent, we might have to talk about what we're going to do now that we have been handcuffed to each other. Not now, maybe later, though..."

"Still, we'll get through this, somehow." He added on.

"I can't deny that this will cause some inconveniences," Kent replied pointing at the handcuffs," However, we can still have a bit of distance between us so these inconveniences will be quite minor and I suspect that we'll be able solve a lot of them quite quickly. Well, enough about that. I've always believed that you've got to make do with what you've got so do you want to do anything? I think it's quite obvious what my preferred option would be but is there anything football or as you say soccer related or anything else that you'd like to do?"

Sock

DootDootDoot wrote:
After a few minutes of absence, Hubert came back to [wherever everyone is] while carrying a strange disc, five inches across and less than a centimeter thick. He turned it over in his hands a few times, looking at his reflection. "... Hey, Rover. Do you still have your piece of that thing?"

“Huh?” Rover looks at the disc, confused.

“Well, yeah. But I don’t see what that’d have to do with anything... I’m pretty sure our pieces don’t fit together. And I don’t even know what the hell this damn machine even is!” Rover lets out a loud sigh and rattles his chains.

"Can't you at least bring it here?" he asked. "I'm not a mechanic or anything but I realy can't think of any machines that need a circular mirror to function. Unless they're just giving us all the decoration..."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Alright, pleasure to be chained to you, Cake!" Griffin said.

"The pleasure's mine," Cake chuckled airily. "Guess you'll have a chance to check those baths out after all."

"Could've gone worse." Lou states calmly. It appears he isn't too bothered by being chained to the local serial killer.

"You uh. Got any problems other than the obvious you need to tell before our new life?" He says to Myles while fiddling with the chain attached to the both of them.

Sock

“...nah, don’t think I’m gonna.” Rover shakes his head at Hubert. “This shit seems pretty important, and while you can dance around all free like,
I’m chained to two people. If something goes south I can’t really prevent it.”

Rover shrugs and rattles his chains. “Maybe when I’m out of these damn things.”

Instead of answering, Hubert just kept staring at the disc, sometimes flipping it over.

"... Maybe we should break these."

BEECH

Cold52 wrote:
"Huh, thought my punishment would be immediate...though I guess this means it don't bode to well for me or my incinerator buddy."
Domanic groans.

"Well better go find me something to knock my ass on the floor just in case this here's my last rodeo, come on and join me pal."
Domanic put his arm around Dante's neck and began dragging him away.

Dante protested a bit but was ultimately dragged away....

ASCEND

Datamatt wrote:
Vera pauses, looking pretty surprised. "That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in months, actually..." She mutters, before clearing her throat. "I probably won't mind. What's that entail?"

Zarmilla smiled politely, without any awkward pauses or anything, before answering.

“Oh, nothing more than some unearned confidence and a little physical prowess. I think the chain oughta make it more interesting though. Maybe if we set it up right we can just zipline down and skip the whole thing...or be stuck dangling awkwardly for several hours. I think that’s just what makes it interesting!”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"The pleasure's mine," Cake chuckled airily. "Guess you'll have a chance to check those baths out after all."

"Ooh, yeah! Forgot all about that. How's that...er...gonna work, exactly?"

Remember us.

WinterCoat wrote:
“At least I’m with you, Carmy...” Lilith said. “This isn’t so bad.”

"I...yeah." Carmilla nods, smiling ever-so-slightly. "This isn't bad at all...I think..."

The American Dream

Akkordian wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:
“At least I’m with you, Carmy...” Lilith said. “This isn’t so bad.”

"I...yeah." Carmilla nods, smiling ever-so-slightly. "This isn't bad at all...I think..."

"Just chained together with my best friend!" Lilith chirped. "Nothing crazy 'bout that! It's, like, a totally cool thing!"

Remember us.

WinterCoat wrote:
"Just chained together with my best friend!" Lilith chirped. "Nothing crazy 'bout that! It's, like, a totally cool thing!"

"S-super cool...!" Carmilla echoes, pumping her fists near her chest like how she thinks people do when they're enthusiastic.

The American Dream

Clearly neither Lilith nor Carmilla had enough social skills to make this interaction look stable and normal, so, to add more entropy, Lilith mimicked Carmilla's fist-pumping.

Remember us.

After standing there for a moment in total, awkward silence, because of her aforementioned utter lack of social skills, Carmilla lowers her hands as she attempts to make eye contact with Lilith.

"Um... this means I'll be staying in your room again, right? Lili...?"

The American Dream

Akkordian wrote:
After standing there for a moment in total, awkward silence, because of her aforementioned utter lack of social skills, Carmilla lowers her hands as she attempts to make eye contact with Lilith.

"Um... this means I'll be staying in your room again, right? Lili...?"

Lilith tilted her head, as if trying to remember something. "Huh? Oh, yeah, I guess so! I, um, forgot about our Best Friend Sleepover last night, oops..."

She cleared her throat and met Carmilla's eyes. "Yep, it'll be you, me, and the six-foot chain between us."

She then tried to mimic chain rattling sounds... to decent effect.

"Chained to two people..." Theodore sighed. "Just how the hell are we supposed to make this work?!"

Sock

"Great question!" Rover says enthusiastically.

"...Fuck you, Hubert." He mutters.

"Looks like Teddy bear is gonna get a taste of the good showers!" He slaps Theodore on the back and lets out a fake hearty laugh. "They can't keep us like this forever, I'm sure we can get through this."

"At the very least if it was just two of us chained together it wouldn't be so bad..." Theodore continued. "But one of us will have to be in the middle. How will we eat? And shower? And sleep?!" He punched the closest wall in anger, and immediately regretted his action.

"Fuck you, Hubert." He spat, holding his injured hand.

Just another day.

Domanic re-entered the room after a little time had passed wobbling a bit as he did, he looked rather sloshed with one arm still around Dante dragging him along and the other with a whisky bottle in hand.

"Well...well well well lookie what I done found." Domanic held up the bottle and shaked it, it was half full.
"someone tried to hide this real well but I managed to find it." feels pretty hot, Dante you...you sure we aint already chained to that incinerator?"
Domanic wobbled till he finally fell down. "There we goooooooooo...nice and cold, see that punishment aint so tough."

"I could..." Florsy ponders, "Pretty easily, create a medicine from the ingredients in the garden to help lower people's body temperature and make staying in the incinerator room a breeze..."

Florsy tries to shake it off.

"But I've been trying to stop doing things like that..."

Hubert was busy smacking his piece of the machine against the wall, though it wouldn't even dent. "Yeah, well, fuck you too. Sorry I didn't want to be stuck in that incinerator room. That place smells..."

fella

Mec wrote:
"Could've gone worse." Lou states calmly. It appears he isn't too bothered by being chained to the local serial killer.

"You uh. Got any problems other than the obvious you need to tell before our new life?" He says to Myles while fiddling with the chain attached to the both of them.

“Uh... no, not really. Well, at least we’ll still have some modicum of personal space due to the six feet of separation...” Myles sighed, scratching behind his head. “Could be worse, though, so I won’t complain. At least I’m not chained to an incinerator. ... Or to someone I’d rather not be chained with.”

He threw a quick glance at Preston. Then Hubert. And then he looked back toward Lou with a shrug.

Joker wrote:
"At the very least if it was just two of us chained together it wouldn't be so bad..." Theodore continued. "But one of us will have to be in the middle. How will we eat? And shower? And sleep?!" He punched the closest wall in anger, and immediately regretted his action.

"Fuck you, Hubert." He spat, holding his injured hand.

"All I gotta say is I do NOT wanna be in the middle of two guys that I barely even know. No way!" Zakuro said. "This blows, man. Fuck you, Hubert is right!"

ASCEND

Lone wrote:
"I could..." Florsy ponders, "Pretty easily, create a medicine from the ingredients in the garden to help lower people's body temperature and make staying in the incinerator room a breeze..."

“Sounds kinda weird anyway,” Zarmilla said, despite no one asking. “What if it lowered their body temperature so much that they turned into big blocks of ice? I don’t know a lot about medicine, but there’s only so much we can interfere with the natural order of things.”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Maybe not a block of ice," Florsy ponders, stroking the toad. "But... you have a point. Hypothermia is a very real issue... not to mention frostbite..."

She sighs, and slumps down.

"My medicine really is too harmful and dangerous for this world..."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Ooh, yeah! Forgot all about that. How's that...er...gonna work, exactly?"

"Oh, there's lots of options... but do you really wanna discuss that in front of everyone? Some things are more fun when they're left to the imagination, you know?"

Sleeping is my life.

Winston Payne wrote:
"I can't deny that this will cause some inconveniences," Kent replied pointing at the handcuffs," However, we can still have a bit of distance between us so these inconveniences will be quite minor and I suspect that we'll be able solve a lot of them quite quickly. Well, enough about that. I've always believed that you've got to make do with what you've got so do you want to do anything? I think it's quite obvious what my preferred option would be but is there anything football or as you say soccer related or anything else that you'd like to do?"

"Well... Given that the only soccer ball that I found were the souvenir ones which I got out of one of the vending machines... I wouldn't mind playing golf with you, Kent." Axel said as he scratch his head with a hand.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Oh, there's lots of options... but do you really wanna discuss that in front of everyone? Some things are more fun when they're left to the imagination, you know?"

"Ooh, I like it. Keeping people interested, huh?"

Towards the end of the week, some troubling things begin to happen, which increase everyone's anxiety greatly.

[MUSIC]

Spoiler: Cells and Val's Room
The same day of the reward match, Domanic and Dante are forcibly handcuffed by the hands in the incinerator room, such that they cannot feasibly escape.

Right after this happens, everyone is told by the captain that the CELL hallway is now open. Everyone goes over to the CELL door and open it. The prisoners see the cells they had spent the cruise in. It made them feel somewhat nostalgic to see them, since it had been so long at this point. There's nothing in any of the cells, and no guards at any post. Everyone at least remembers that there should be a staircase nearby to the upper decks. Unfortunately, if such a staircase exists, it has been sealed away.

At the far end of the cells there is a door with the number 999 next to it. It must be Val's room. The group opens the door and are greeted with the expected scene.

It's a room with a bed and a desk, but for some reason, in the center is a large steering wheel. A young woman with long silver hair lays face up on the wheel, unmoving. One of the spokes pierces sharply through her head. She is unblinking. Dried blood is all around the floor next to her, and she smells awful. It appears someone pushed her on this quite a long time ago.

On the desk are some papers and a radio. The group is excited to find the radio works, but no matter how many times they use it, the only response they can get is from some gossip magazine people. It sounds like they want to help, but it doesn't fill anyone with much hope.

The thing of most interest in this room is another one of those black box projectors, with the words "Survival Game: Special Win Condition" on the top of it. The explanation goes as follows:

"If a player finds the special secret blue rope, then they can pull it free and unlock a timer. At the end of 48 hours, that player will be given full victory of the survival game, and an escape pod will be unlocked where the blue rope was, which only the one who pulled the rope may enter. This rope is somewhere in the bounds of the game."

This gets everyone excited, but at the same time, it seems like a sick temptation which will split the group up somehow. In the end, it sounds like it would only be useful to one person anyway.

Spoiler: Rope Course Incident
The next day, Rover vanishes into thin air. Apparently, him and his group fell from the rope course, but now their chains are broken and he is completely missing. Everyone searches everywhere for Rover, and they check the trash compactor, but they cannot find any sign of him. He's gone.

Spoiler: Incinerator Incident
Two days later, early it the morning, there is an announcement that in preparation for the elimination match, everyone's handcuffs can now be removed with a key which can be found in the cafeteria. Everyone goes to check on Dante and Domanic, and unlock their handcuffs. At that time, someone has the brilliant idea to lock Hubert up, who had far too much time on his own. Everyone agrees and handcuffs Hubert there.

Later on, as they count down time to the elimination match anxiously, Dante asks around for where Preston is. Nobody can find him. Everyone gathers back up and realizes that in the brief time they had taken off their handcuffs, something happened to Preston. They check the incinerator, but the whole thing is empty. Hubert begs to be unhandcuffed so they free him. They split into groups of four or five and search for Preston, but nobody can find him.

When they check the incinerator again, even though everyone has an alibi, there is a set of burnt, circular glasses in the fire. It is completely unknown who put them there.

In spite of all of the weird circumstances, the group finds their resolve and enters the elimination match when it is called. They enter a new door next to the car-racing garage, and brace for the worst.

Elimination Match: Pass or Smash

The room is much smaller than the warehouse for the first elimination match. This is more of a dance hall with green and purple lights everywhere.

Inside is a circle of eighteen podiums, one for each person. Preston and Rover's remain empty. In the center of the room is a large disco ball, fitting of the dance hall. It looks oddly heavy though, and is anchored to the ceiling with a large chain.

Suddenly, hands reach out and grab Griffin and drag him under the weighty disco ball, restraining him in place. If the ball fell, he would certainly be flattened.

[MUSIC]

The various podiums light up. On each one it says "Pass" or "Smash". Each one says three passes remaining.

"Hello everyone, welcome to the next Elimination Match, Pass or Smash! Four of you have been randomly chosen as potential sacrifices for this game. However, the potential sacrifices do not know who they are!"

"You may vote on whether or not to drop the ball on this person, or pass to the next, not knowing who it will be. It could be you! How scary! If you pass three times, then the next sacrifice will have the ball dropped on them for certain."

"In order to make it a little more fair, I have given three people the names of the remaining three potential sacrifices. They can choose to say them out loud, or not. The game ends once the ball drops on a player. Good luck!"

It's safe to say everyone feels a chill running through them. Seeing Griffin dangling by his feet below the ball makes him look vulnerable and pitiable, but everyone is already thinking about what they are going to do if they are put in his position.

Spoiler: Evidence List
(A) - A comic book, published by Hext. It was found in the cafeteria. It is well-worn, as if someone has been reading it intently. The author is named Gavin Valdez.

(B) - Rover was hit in the face with a golf ball a couple days ago while the groups played golf. The golf ball knocked off his mask and he had to quickly hide his face. Teddy and Zakuro caught a glimpse of his face since they were nearby.

(C) - The trash compactor in the incinerator room logs every time it is used. It was recently used about an hour ago to dispose of a pound of metal and rubber.

(D) - A black box sits in Val’s room, it reads, “Special Victory Condition.” If a player finds the special secret blue rope, then they can pull it free and unlock a timer. At the end of 48 hours, that player will be given full victory of the survival game, and an escape pod will be unlocked where the blue rope was, which only the one who pulled the rope may enter. This rope is somewhere in the bounds of the game.

(E) - Invitation found on this floor. It is one that all the rich people received before going on this trip. It has Val’s room number on it.

(F) - In the game room is the plastic for a hidden camera which has been opened. Seems like someone made use of it.

(G) - Val’s head was pierced on the spoke of the steering wheel in her office facing up when it was originally found. Her body is disgusting and rotten as if it has been there for weeks. For some reason, the body has been moved from the wheel since then.

(H) - In Val’s office are articles about a lawsuit from several years ago where a lawyer named Hammond attempted to expose several accounts of nefarious business dealings between prominent politicians from all parts of the political spectrum. Most notable among them is Kent Steel Sr. It appears that these articles were written by Griffin Fox.

(I) - When looking for Preston, the group split into groups of four or more. Before then, Hubert was chained in the incinerator room. Before that, Domanic and Dante were chained there.

(J) - Zakuro and Teddy were found sprawled under a tree in the golf course, knocked out. Both of them had bruises all over and were scratched up. Teddy had a circular wound on his forehead. Both of their handcuffs had been cut in the center somehow. They had last seen Rover before they were knocked out.

(K) - Everyone found a radio in Val’s room, possibly usable to try and get help. The machine sends a message over and over. On one attempt, they got a response to their radio message, but it was apparently from the gossip rag publication, much to Axel’s chagrin. The reporters on the boat did not seem useful, but everyone agreed it couldn’t hurt to try and explain the situation. They were told help was on its way. It’s been a few days since then. This radio is otherwise pretty useless.

(L) - Recently there have been a couple of people hearing a strange noise at night. It sounds like a loud clicking noise, like the churning of large gears.

(M) - There is a set of circular sunglasses found in the incinerator, but they were not there earlier, when everyone first noticed Preston was missing.

(N) - A bottle of potent acid is missing from the garden chemicals. It would be extremely irritating to the skin and eyes, and cause immense pain.

(O) - In the grass in the golf area are two halves of a broken golf ball. There is a square cutout- on the flat sides of each half, and a hole drilled through it.

(P) - There is a folded-up poster of a man with brown hair and chiseled features. It’s very stylized, so it’s challenging to say that it’s anyone in particular. At the bottom, it says, “To my beloved.” This was found in the cafeteria.

[Each of the 15 outside of the middle get one vote! You may vote either Smash the current captive or Pass to the next one. Voting will stay locked until a sufficient amount of discussion has occurred. I suggest going over alibis to begin.]
Re: Danganronpa F8: The Machine - Chapter 2 - Elimination MaTopic%20Title

"...Well, would you look at that," Griffin said, struggling against the restraints. "I'm next on the chopping block..! That's not very groovy, now is it?"

Griffin continued to try and free himself, but was fruitless in his attempts. He turned to the others, trying to negotiate with them.

"C'mon, I didn't do anything too bad, did I? Let's just let me go..! I can name at least three other people here who are worse than me!"

He didn't seem to be panicking too much, but it was clear by his behavior that he was not looking forward to death from a large, giant ball.

Sleeping is my life.

"Uh... This is really extreme. Fucked up on so many levels." Axel said as he scratch the back of his head with one hand. "I was righ to say that I don't know Val anymore..."

"Anyway... I have been helping Kent out a lot this week, so.... Yeah, that's it." The soccer captain said. He seems nervous for some odd reason.

"Oh, and about the comic book author... I know him. He's... my wife's brother." He explains. "Perhaps one of the Hext girls might know something about Gavin." He then turns to the Hext girls.

"So, how about it? Does Gavin Valdez's comic book mean anything to either of you two?" Axel asked the Hext girls.

"Poor Preston," says Florsy. "He wasn't the easiest to deal with, but you could get used to him, and I was actually starting to like him... he wasn't that bad... compared to ahem at least. I hope he hasn't burned away in the incinerator or something... however much it looks that way."

Florsy looks at Griffin, hanging down.

"We'll think of a way to save everyone first! There has to... I won't vote until I know who the other options are too!"

She turns to the rest of the players.

"Preston and I... we didn't do much throughout the week, mostly just spent time together in the cafeteria..."

"All this life and death, us being forced into these decisions... it's really too much. But I must be strong and resist the urge to turn to weed again."

Just another day.

Domainic was on his knees coughing worse then usual and looking a tad paler then normal after a small bit of time it finally subsided and he got back up.
"Huh, this is just the girft that keeps on giving ain't it? Yall know already but my and my incinerator buddy spent our time there taking the punishment for our loss in that game, we passed the time shootin the shit talking up a storm ya know, honestly one heck of a guy when ya get to know um."

Domanic lit up a cigar and started smoking.

"So anyways I know it might be a crazy thought but you think any chance the folk present are the only ones up for being smashed? Might be crazy but that rover and preston feller if there part of the chosen group maybe they wont get smashed if we chose um. just a thought, not like I wanna be wrong and have to feel guilty bout it every time I eat pancakes."
Page 45 of 78 [ 3102 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus