Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 69 of 78[ 3102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F8: The Machine - Chapter 3 - Elimination MaTopic%20Title

Rookie Killer

"And what is your name sir?," Kent inquired as he offered him a handshake, "So you're familiar with Cake over here, huh? I hope that means you're not affiliated with the survival game and that you'd be able rescue us....... a-and before I forget, if you hear anything about acid or kidnapping, f-forget about it. It's just a bunch of... fake news and slander."

"What's over?! Oh my God that guy's insane! What the hell?!"

The bald man tosses a crappy life preserver to Hubert.

He takes Kent's hand shakes it, blushing.

"Oh well I don't know about any survival game. Nice to meet you Vice President! Cake is a, uhhh, friend of mine, who I was interested in meeting. She called me, you see, to, uhhh, talk,and I was pretty interested in that."

"I know all about fake news sir; you can count on me to know it when I hear it!"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"What's over?! Oh my God that guy's insane! What the hell?!"

The bald man tosses a crappy life preserver to Hubert.

He takes Kent's hand shakes it, blushing.

"Oh well I don't know about any survival game. Nice to meet you Vice President! Cake is a, uhhh, friend of mine, who I was interested in meeting. She called me, you see, to, uhhh, talk,and I was pretty interested in that."

"I know all about fake news sir; you can count on me to know it when I hear it!"

Hubert took the life preserver and fell, still in a good mood. "I'm out! I'm finally out! I don't have to see any of these insane people ever again! No more! No more!"

"..."

... He drifting further and further away from the boats.

"... Can someone help me?"

The bald man goes to pull Hubert in but then realizes that the life preserver wasn't attached to a rope.

"Oh eff! I don't believe I've been owned again!"

The man slaps his forehead.

"Can someone get that guy? I don't wanna get too close with my boat and risk hitting him."

"Oh, uh, my name's Gilbert P. Chataway by the way. I used to be a really famous actor but I lost all my hair and now I live around here alone."

Rookie Killer

Kent continued to speak, " Gilbert was it? I think we'll be able to get along. Anyone who can see the truth past deep webs of lies... such as torture allegations... is a good man in my book. I would like to know more about your friendship with Miss Cake but I guess you can tell me about that some other time. Well, enough about trivial matters I'll get straight to the point, as you can see we're in a bit of a tricky situation here. Therefore, could you help rescue us so we can get back to our great country? Oh and don't worry about him, I'm sure that someone else will rescue him."

"Yes, it is often the torture allegations that come up time and time again. I can help you back to the archipelago where I live. The next plane will be in a few days but maybe with you around it might come sooner, eh? Though what's so tricky about your situation? You look like you broke out of prison, which is quite odd."

Gilbert blinks water out of his eyes.

Sock

"Jesus christ..." Clive approaches the edge of the ship towards wherever Hubert is drifting off to.

"You're a moron!" He shouts out as loud as he can. It didn't seem like he was going to swim after him, though that could either be because of his injuries from not too long ago, or because he frankly doesn't care about Hubert.

"Sounds good enough with what we've been through. Where are we anyway?" Lou asks the man as he takes off his coat, ties it to the end of a nearby rope, and throws it after Hubert. Hopefully it can reach him.

"Oh wait a second, I recognize those faces... You two are from that tv court case, aren't you? The one with all those corruption things in the politics? What happened to your arms, it looks like you were tortured? Is that why you won't save that lawyer guy? You're two friends turned enemies?"

Gilbert, hearing Lou, thinks for a second.

"Well, we are near a tiny group of tropical islands way down south known as the gardens. I got a summer home here but otherwise there aren't any people around. It's a little slice of paradise where a man can fish to his hearts content and look at the biggest sharks you ever saw!"

Hubert slowly but surely pulled himself by the rope back to the boat, and then climbed back on board, where he collapsed on the floor. He was drenched, clearly exhausted, and still happy. "We're saved. We're fucking saved..."

Gilbert hand Hubert a bag of gummy worms, "Here, this oughtta help you out since you look so exhausted."

"Okay but nobody else gets any woems until I get some sort of explanation of what's happening! Except the vice president since he owns the right to all gummy worms."

Sock

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Oh wait a second, I recognize those faces... You two are from that tv court case, aren't you? The one with all those corruption things in the politics? What happened to your arms, it looks like you were tortured? Is that why you won't save that lawyer guy? You're two friends turned enemies?"

"Never were quite friends, definitely enemies now though." Clive frowned.

"I was tortured. By our friendly VP over there. It wasn't pretty, but I'm just thankful I survived... And now you're here to help, as well." Clive's frown changes to a smile. "I don't know what your relationship is or how the hell you got here, but I sure am thankful for you right now."

"And yeah, I guess if I wasn't injured I would've saved him..." Clive mumbles to himself.

Hubert munched on some gummy worms. "Every single Steel is a piece of shit..." he sagely observed.

Rookie Killer

Kachu wrote:
["Never were quite friends, definitely enemies now though." Clive frowned.

"I was tortured. By our friendly VP over there. It wasn't pretty, but I'm just thankful I survived... And now you're here to help, as well." Clive's frown changes to a smile. "I don't know what your relationship is or how the hell you got here, but I sure am thankful for you right now."

"And yeah, I guess if I wasn't injured I would've saved him..." Clive mumbles to himself.

Kent let out a very loud sigh, "This is the fake news I was telling you about. This is so-called detective is just an o-opportunist trying to damage reputation. However, as a sign of my gratitude, I'll give you a quick explanation. For the past couple of weeks, we've been trapped in a cruise ship and forced to play a horrendous 'game'. Every once in a while, we'd take part in an 'elimination match' where we'd solve a mystery and afterwards some people would be executed. Me and the rest of survivors have managed to escape on a submarine but we're still not even sure if this whole ordeal is really over."

"Mr. Clive, I would not talk a bout the Vice President of Our Great Country that way! It's a little mean. I'm sure the torture was ironic and you just misunderstood. Now we all gotta seek to understand one another, see?" Gilbert grins stupidly.

After hearing Kent speak, Gilbert's grin drops.

"Oh what the eff? That's screwed up. No wonder you're all a little crazy. How does such a thing happen to the Vice President anyway? Also should I let Clive on if we can't really trust him?"

Rookie Killer

"If we have any issues with capacity then Clive and that buffoon who went overboard should be the first to go. However, even though they may be ruthless opportunists, they don't deserve death so I think we should let them board. They can be punished at a later date after all."

Gilbert reluctantly lets Clive aboard his speedboat.

"Is the man with luxurious green locks no good? I already gave him my gummies since he seemed particularly in need of a treat! My apologies! He reminds me of myself when I had my naturally green hair."

"Anyway, you're the vice president so we can do anything on your authority."

"Does anyone want anything? It's a little crowded so be careful when you board. I only got a couple seats and you don't wanna fly overboard."

ASCEND

Zarmilla emerged from the sub, looking like she’d gave up halfway through returning to her normal self, and then sprinted at maximum speed toward the boat. She vaulted over the railing of the ship and landed uncautiously in the speedboat, accidentally slamming down on Kent’s injured foot in the process.

“Whoops, sorry ‘bout that,” she said, “I’m just been raring to get off that hunk a’ junk for some time now. This thing looks great too! I love the hum of that motor!”

She turned to the bald man and extended a hand to him.

“You said your name was Gilbert, right? It’s great to finally see a new face again that probably ain’t planning to kill me. As much as I’d love to chat for a spell, what say we just load up the boat and leave before the sub explodes or something?”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Another Green-ette?" Florsy awkwardly twirls a lock of her own green hair. "Err, I just need to bring on my Toad, Toadette. She's a reminder of my fallen friend now..."

"...I guess you can have your toad but you need to take care of it! This island is toad-free and it needs to stay that way!"

"Why does a toad remind you of your friend? Seems like a subtle insult."

"Also by all means, load up the boat! I'm much more concerned that you guys will kill me, to be honest."

Florsy gasps, holding a hand to her chest.

She then realizes he just misunderstood.

"Oh, no, no, not like that. We took care of her together, he was the one to name her and everything. He died saving her."

Florsy nudges to Carmilla.

"And Toadette wants to come along. She's like a memento, a reminder of him. It gives me hope to keep moving, no matter how grim our situation gets. To not let his death be in vain."

"Aw well that's sweet. Sorry your friend died it must be tough to relive it. I hope you all feel a lot safer now."

Suddenly Gilbert makes a disgusted face.

"Uh miss you reek like the reefer. This is not going to fly at my house. Any drugs that smell aren't allowed."

"Ogh," Florsy splutters, "how rude. Marijuana is a lovely smell thank you very much."

She takes a joint out, from her wreath this time.

"I won't smoke it if the smell bothers you, but I also won't throw any of it out. What if someone gets sick and needs it again?

Besides, I can get high without the smell now thanks to Toadette."

ASCEND

“Wait, hold up. Did I hear that?” Zarmilla asked, looking incredulous. “Did you just say you get high off sniffing your frog?”

Zarmilla put a hand to her face and sighed.

“Ugh, I don’t know that I can take much more of this. Lord, if you’re gonna sink the ship just do it now and get it over with.”
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Everyone hops on the boat and it begins moving, skipping over the waves. Everyone is crammed in together.

Soon, the boat reaches the dock of an extremely handsome wooden house with tall windows overlooking the water. Wrapped around it are the verdant leaves of the jungle.

The chaotic ride leaves everyone stumbling, but the chaos is quickly forgotten one everyone feels the ground for the first time in weeks. After everyone gets their feet beneath them, Gilbert leads everyone inside his house. They are welcomed into a huge living space with towering ceilings and a really big hearth. There is a bowl of gummy worms on the table.

"Welcome to my house! Can I have all your names and addresses so I can do a background check on everyone? I'm not about to let anyone dangerous in my home, you know. You guys probably didn't have time to do background checks on everyone when you were trying to murder each other, but your boy Gilberts gonna fix that, eh?"

"I think it's clear that we can't just let you guys all go do whatever after you were involved in a scheme that kidnaped the vice president."

fella

At the mention of a background check, Myles awkwardly shuffled to the back of the group. You know, being a convicted serial killer and all.

Rookie Killer

"I'm sure, a background check won't be necessary for me but my name and address should be public information," Kent winced as his foot which had already been bad before had only been exacerbated by Zarmilla's stomp, "Also, would you mind if I find somewhere to sit? And after we've all settled in here, would you be able to call a medic in order to treat this injury?"

"Wait, why is that guy with the white hair hiding? What is he up to, eh? I'm not a baby, I've got object permanence, and I know he is hiding!"

Gilbert seems a tiny bit irritated. He then turns to Kent.

"Well if you're not feeling so well, my cool butler can handle your injuries! Check it out!"

A closet opens on a balcony above and a butler steps out. The butler jumps over the railing and fall down from the upper floor, doing flips on the way down. The butler lands carrying a first aid kit, and he goes straight to Kent's foot. The butler realizes Kent's been shot and it's all old and gross, and looks at Gilbert, surprised.

Gilbert looks like he's going to be sick, "Oh, what the eff, how are you just walking around like that? Who shoots someone in the foot!"

"Yeah..." Florsy mutters. "It's been like that for a while. He's gonna need the hospital, at the very least. Nothing my herbs could do either, just temporarily distract him from the excruciating pain."

She decides to address his question.

"I'm Florsythia Willow," she says, flicking her hair back and mustering a smile. "I'm a herbalist... let me know if you're sick and need something."

She holds up Toadette.

"And this is my toad... Toadette."

She puts Toadette down.

"Toadette doesn't have a home yet. And my address is..."

She hesitates.

"That's... pretty personal information... I suppose we do know your name and address so..."

She goes over and whispers her address into his ear.

Gilbert pinches his nose when Florsy gets so close. He takes out his laptop and types in her information.

"Oh so you're a doctor, that's very cool! Oh wait -- no you're a quack! Is this really the type of doctor which the vice president would use? Well it did say that you went to prison, but that's what happens to all the good ones, eh?"

ASCEND

Zarmilla bursts out laughing at the mention of a background check.

“Yeah, good luck with that, pal. How about you just type in Zarmilla Hext on 42 Drury Lane? See how it goes for you.”

Florsy tuts and mutters a "for god's sake."

"Anyone have any perfume?" she asks all the remaining women. "Or even cologne, I'd take that to get this... fine gentleman to stay quiet." She asks the men too.

"And I'm an airhead, and a bit of a ditz, not a quack..."

He types in Zarmilla Hext and looks very upset.

"This isn't your real name! You know that, huh! That's why you're laughing! You must be a murderer, huh? And you're making a joke outta this!"

ASCEND

"Gee, don't take it so hard," Zarmilla replied, "It's just a bit funny cause no one here knows much about me. I ain't no murderer though. If it'll set your mind at ease, I'll help you out a little."

She walked over to the laptop, typed in some credentials, and hit enter.

"There. That's everything you need to know about poor ol' 'Sarah Marie Smith.'"

The American Dream

“I’m Lilith Long and I was voted ‘Most Likely to be a Psychotic Piece of Shit’ in high school. Life is a highway, and I want to ride it all night long.”

Lilith held up peace signs with her fingers and had been wearing sunglasses the whole time, apparently.

"Well, I guess you couldn't even try to impersonate me if you wanted to, eh? Well that seems harmless if a little bit extreme for my tastes..."

Gilbert inputs the next name and his glasses fall off his face in bewilderment.

"Holy shit, you're a killer! No way you can stay here! I shoulda known you guys were breaking out of prison or something! Is this even the real Vice President!? You guys must be out of it if you keep company with a murderer who killed two people! I mean one and maybe I would understand..."

The American Dream

“Mmm, well, that’s a shame. But, what can I say? Not much, really.”

She was still doing peace signs.

“Also I’m allegedly a murderer, thank you very much.”

Sock

"Erm... Right, if we're doing this..."

"My name's Clive Linwood. I was a detective. I got caught up in a mess with that asshole over there." Clive points towards Hubert and continues talking.

"Currently a prisoner, locked up for using some forged evidence. Which was... admittedly pretty stupid, looking back on it. Doesn't matter now, though, I've made my mistakes and I'll live with them. Though if your concern is if I'm dangerous or not, then you have little to worry about. I don't think I could wrestle a child at the moment, even if someone held a gun to my head." Clive chuckles nervously at his strange joke.

"And don't worry, Mister VP, I plan on playing nice."
"Would be happy to just get the hell out of this place, anyways, it's not like I could ever get work again..."

"Okay, okay, how about we let a respectable member of society have his turn before the man kicks us all out?" Hubert said, pushing his way to the front of the group and handing the man a soggy business card. "Hubert Hammond, attorney at law, never killed anyone, at your service."

Gilbert looks pretty nervous, looking at the results for Lilith.

"How can you be an alleged murderer? It was definitely murder! You saying there's some real murderer out there somewhere?"

When he looks up Clive's background, he still seems concerned, "Oh you say you would regret it, but you're still an opportunist! I'll have to be careful what I say around you for sure. I don't want to be canceled."

Finally, when he looks up Hammond he looks relieved.

"Thank goodness, you really do seem like a fine gentleman here. I am glad to meet you Mr. Hammond. I am glad someone here is thoroughly trustworthy. It really seems like you've never killed anyone."

"I think Hubert in particular could probably stay here."
Page 69 of 78 [ 3102 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus