Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 44 of 56[ 2230 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 56  Next

Re: (NGX) The Zodiac Game (Black Timeline A)Topic%20Title

"Is this some kind of panic room?" Amethyst wondered, taking in the decor. Her eyes locked in on the computer after Mei pointed it out.

"Let's hope it's not just another puzzle..." she muttered, taking a seat in front of the computer to use it.

ASCEND

Amethyst turns on the computer. She immediately notices a search program for some kind of database

A message above the text box simply reads: input name here to search inmate registry.

It seems Amethyst can type in names below.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"... I'm not seeing anything that can help with that gate." Amethyst reported. "But we can search for names on some kind of registry. Any ideas?"

With no better ideas (and realizing she didn't actually know the full names of a huge chunk of the people here) she typed her own name.

Shy guy

Without him here to overhear, Sun Taikong unhesitantly replied, "Mao Delan."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Mei walks over to Amethyst, having been unsuccessful in her bedroll examination. She thinks for a while and frowns, "Benedict Clarkson."

ASCEND

None of the full names turn up any results. Amethyst tries typing in just Clarkson and discovers a result for a Chad Clarkson. Apparently, this fellow was 21 years old. He was “incarcerated” about a year and a half ago and was transferred elsewhere within a week. His assigned threat level is “Minimal.”

This seems completely useless, but it’s good to know that partial names might work. Also, it’s no surprise that Mao didn’t turn up in what appears to be registry of prisoners.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"Oh, so it's like that?" Sun Taikong said, after hearing the results. "Uhh... try 'Fujisaki', I suppose. Otherwise nothing really comes to mind. Maybe just try some random names, like 'Slim' or 'Zippy'."

"Maybe Fujisaki? Zhang? But I wouldn't know anyone else. My last name wouldn't turn up anything either, I think." Mei mumbles.

"With what we've seen today, he'd be the obvious guess for having been a prisoner." Amethyst agreed, typing in Fujisaki. "If Cat put this here and let us use it, there has to be some name we know that'll get a result..."

Mei takes a deep breath and sighs, "Certainly not a fucking psychic. Since today's been full of surprises, you might as well try mine. Lucian."

ASCEND

Zhang and Lucian return no results.

Amethyst searches Slim and Zippy separately, and two separate dossiers come up. Apparently, both were incarcerated on the same day, and later escaped on the same day. Their threat level is listed as “Moderate.” However, the data is corrupted, so nothing else can be gleaned from the entries—not even a full name. Quite strange...

Amethyst tries Fujisaki and gets an entry for a “Hiroyuki Fujisaki.” His threat level is listed as “Severe—Assigned to Solitary.” He was apparently incarcerated about half a year ago, but it isn’t clear what happened to him afterwards. Most of the information is blank.

Mei leans over Amethyst’s shoulder and takes a closer look at the incarceration date.

“Hold on...” she mumbles, “That would have been just a few weeks before the base was bombed...”

Amethyst’s brow furrows in consternation. Was this the Fujisaki they knew?

"Hiroyuki..." Amethyst muttered. "... That's his name. In the treasury, we had to break a rooster statue after getting the clue 'Hiro is dead'. So this is definitely Fujisaki."

"The U.S. and Japan are allies, so I guess he could've been a prisoner of war."

Mei mulls over Amethyst's words for a bit, emptily staring at the screen. "I don't think this helps us not get murdered right now, but we can keep it in mind. Any other ideas?"

Shy guy

"So Fujisaki was part of the Japanese army, fighting us alongside the US. Our side captured him, and imprisoned him... here? Does that mean he was here the day this place was bombed?" Sun Taikong wondered aloud, quite startled.

Sleeping is my life.

"Oh." Dr. Uwem said, both eyebrows raised. He seems surprised by the revelation that Fujisaki was incarnated. "Well, that's interesting to know. But if Fujisaki was incarcerated a few weeks before the base was bombed."

He looks at the computer screen. "I doubt we'll get anything in the database if we typed in Taikong's last name or my last name." He looks towards the soldier.

"No offense to you, Taikong. I don't think you did anything wrong..." The doctor said

Shy guy

"That's quite possibly the least offensive thing you could say to a person, don't worry," Sun Taikong replied, amused.

"Of course he wouldn't have any results," Mei comments, "That supposed to be offensive or something?"

Sleeping is my life.

Dr. Uwem shrugs his shoulder at Mei's question.

"Well, we're cornered in this place and we have a computer to use to look up prisoner information... What else could we do in here?" Dr. Uwem asked as he looks around the room. He eyed the mangled reinforced door, and then the bedroll which was lending against the wall.

"Any idea why this bedroll was here? It better not be hiding a vent..." The doctor said as he went over to take a look at the bedroll, as well as taking a peek at what's behind the bedroll.

Shy guy

Sun Taikong quickly glanced around the room, before returning his attention to the outside in case Fujisaki arrived. "By the looks of it, this was a cell. A solitary confinement cell. The cell door came off due to a very heavy impact, say... a bomb. There's likely no coincidences here, so, I imagine this was the cell Fujisaki was being kept in. When the building was bombed, a blast knocked the door off and let him out." They couldn't see his expression now, but he sounded a little troubled by the idea.

"So whatever bomb got dropped here unleashed the one-armed mass murderer," Mei folds her arms, "This world really does suck, you know?"

Sleeping is my life.

Dr. Uwem was silent upon hearing that this was the cell that Fujisaki was kept in until the base was bombed.

"Well... That's interesting to know..." The doctor said said, seemly disturbed by the idea that the group was in Fujisaki's cell. "If he was here the day of the bombing... Then, perhaps he might have..." He trails off at the last sentence, not wanting to finish the sentence.

Mei didn't think too much of those words.

And then the meaning hit her. Her eyes widen and her head snaps to look at Amandi, "You don't mean... it was him?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Perhaps it might be him, but we shouldn't reach that conclusion just yet." Dr. Uwem said, as he mulls over the information. "There's a few things we need to clear up, if you get what I mean, Mei."

Shy guy

If Sun Taikong heard them, he didn't respond. It might explain why he'd sounded troubled, though.

ASCEND

“Hello, Private.”

“GAH!” Taikong screams, whirling around to see Mao standing behind him, at the entrance to the Archives. “S-Sir! Where’d you come from?”

“That’s a long story,” Mao continues, heading toward Taikong. Suyin follows him out of the Archives with a stormy look on her face, but their third companion is nowhere to be seen.

“Umm…where’s your sister?” Taikong asks.

“That’s…another long story,” Suyin replies. She glances uncertainly at the monitor in the room, where Sunny is sitting.

“Hey…wh-what happened to Mama?” he asks.

Sleeping is my life.

"Well... I don't know how you guys made it out of the Treasury, but it's good to know you guys are safe..." Dr. Uwem said as he looks at Mao and Suyin.

"While we were hiding down here, we discovered some startling information, which I'm sure you already know, Mao. But, anyway..." The doctor gestured to the computer. "The computer here allowed us to look up information on prisoners. We looked up last names, and well... We discovered that Fujisaki's full name is Hiroyuki Fujisaki. And that his threat level listed him as 'Severe - Assigned to Solitary'... Then Taikong told us that the room we're standing in right now... It was apparently a solitary confinement cell... Which means that Fujisaki was held in here."

"And if Fujisaki was here on the day of the bombing... If a bomb blasted the door off its hinges, then..." The doctor said quietly as he looks toward the mangled reinforced door.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Well... I don't know how you guys made it out of the Treasury, but it's good to know you guys are safe..." Dr. Uwem said as he looks at Mao and Suyin.

"I don't know if safe is the best word to describe the situation. Fujisaki attacked us in the treasury." Suyin replied. "He overwhelmed us. Mao was shot. And he killed Juanli..."

“I knew we shouldn’t have trusted him from the beginning.” Mao growled, looking like he would punch a wall if not for his shot arm. “He snuck up on us through a passage behind the jade diorama. We hit him with the display case trap axe but he’s still alive.”

“At the very least it should slow him down.” Suyin continued. “Maybe next time he shows up we’ll be able to finish him off.”

BEECH

"M-mama is... mama is gone?" Sunny, who had remained quiet through the entire operation as to not give away their location (obviously), finally speaks up. He frantically looks between everyone in the room, craning his neck to look around despite the fact that he was looking through a monitor.

"W...WAAAAAaaAAAAAAAAAHh!!! MAaMA... " Tears begin streaming down his face as he screams for his now gone mother. It doesn't seem like he'll calm down too easily.

Shy guy

"Fuck! How many secret passages are there in this place? And Yin must be feeding them all to him..." Sun Taikong said angrily.

He glanced up at Sunny's monitor uncomfortably. "We'll get him for this, Sunny. Fujisaki won't go unpunished. You're going to have to be very brave and strong now though, alone in there."

Mei's job is definitely not to comfort children, so she simply affirms what Taikong said, "Yeah, that's right."

"I think," she mumbles to herself. Shaking the doubt off, the nurse turns to Mao, "Do you want your arm patched up or are you good?"

Sleeping is my life.

Dr. Uwem seems to be mumbling to himself, not really paying attention to what was going on. He seems deep in thought; almost as if he's thinking about something. What could the doctor be thinking about?

It seems like Mao is reluctant to ask for help, but with the adrenaline wearing off his arm already feels like a bag of sand. So he simply responds to Mei, “Be quick with it. Nothing fancy, just stop the bleeding and disinfect it.”

Mei sighs and makes her way over to the general, rolling his sleeve up and taking a look at the wound. She puts her bag down and quickly takes hastily-made dressings, bandages and disinfectant out, pushing some used syringes out of the way, "Do you know if the bullet's still stuck in there? If so, be careful with that arm."

The nurse then stands up and begins to dress the bullethole in a fairly hurried fashion.

“It passed through.” He nodded, still clutching his arm slightly when she finished. He gave a stiff bow of his head. “Thank you.”

"That's convenient," Mei comments, letting the dressing go. After making sure it doesn't collapse on itself once the general moves his arm, she quickly closes her bag and slings it on her back in one almost rehearsed motion, "What now?"

“We headed the opposite way of Fujisaki in the secret passage after he attacked us to get here. We could attempt to follow him, but I don’t like the idea of us herding ourselves into a trap. Especially with that AI supporting him.”

Shy guy

"Yin knows where we are at all times, and can feed that information straight to him," Sun Taikong agreed. "It's difficult to even find a defensible position when secret passages keep opening up all over the place. Despite our numbers, we're at a disadvantage..."

"Didn't you hit him with an axe? You could just wait him out, because he'll bleed out." Mei suggests.
Page 44 of 56 [ 2230 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 56  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus