Board index » General » Press Conference

Page 5 of 5[ 172 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Gyakuten Saiban LibraryTopic%20Title

迷探偵

^ I figured I might as well get the Takumi interview from the same magazine out before the end of the year. Again, it's a mystery-focused magazine, so it's more about what kind of mystery fiction Takumi likes and how AA works as mystery fiction.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

迷探偵

Decided to add this article too because it's about a subject you don't often see mentioned in Ace Attorney dev-related sources: a report of a CEDEC lecture by one of the programmers of the series.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

迷探偵

Composer Sugimori tweeted some interesting tidbits about his work on the original Ace Attorney, which is pretty rare, so I added them to GS Library.

Yes, GS Library is still alive even if I only update once every six months.

Edit: also added a short article from the official AA4 guidebook featuring various AA4 developers where they get to “complain” about Takumi and the work he made them do.

Happy Maria

Nice reads as always, Ash! Interesting that the investigation theme was the first one made for the game but I can see it.

迷探偵

In these kinds of adventures, you tend to hear the 'overworld' theme a lot as it loops and loops while you move from screen to screen to talk with people/look for evidence, so perhaps that's why he started with that (the end product features a larger number of themes to be used in various situations, but he probably didn't know that at the start of the cycle).

迷探偵

Added a short GK2/Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Q&A where the developers answer a few questions from the readers. Most of them are about the characters and their designs, like asking whether Kay Faraday is a cat or dog person, where Edgeworth's cravats come from and about what kind of father Gregory was.

Happy Maria

Nice stuff. lol at the "double peace sign" thing, I never saw it as that but I can totally see it now. Also that villain origin story AA game would be kinda cool though obviously a bit out of nowhere for the series to explore.

Can't believe we lost Oldbag in case 3 though :larry:

迷探偵

Finally got working on that insanely long interview on AA4 with Takumi, Nuri and Matsukawa from the official walktrough.

I got the book like in January and while I don't update GS Library often, at the time, I at least intended to do this interview this year so I had something substantial. But once I saw how daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn long the article was, I just kept postponing work on it. Anyway, it's done now! It's as far as I know the longest interview on AA4 available, as I don't think they had even remotely interviews on the game this long in game magazines etc.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Hi Ash! I'm back to catch up on all your interview articles after doing a Miles Edgeworth and faking my own death! I wanted to drop by and say おつかれさまでした and that I haven't forgotten. I'll be catching up on my GSvsAA project sometime soon now that I'm back in the AA fandom for a good while... but first I'll be blazing through The Great Ace Attorney and taking notes for later.

Some of these localized names are throwing me for a loop.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Nice to have you back! Travelling around the world and learning all about the world's justice systems while keeping in touch with your buddy Gumshoe right?! Looking forward to your future updates, I've noticed there's still a lot of interest in fandom regarding a comparison in the Japanese and localized text both in specific instances, but also in terms of general atmosphere/characterization. Don't disappear on us again! ;)

I'm skipping Chronicles for now as I have the 3DS games anyway and there are always plenty of other games I want ^^' But I guess I'll have to edit all my old DGS articles now to include the localized names now... (for all their first mentions at least...)

迷探偵

Nobody cares in a post DGS-release world, but I added a 2016 Nintendo Dream article where Yamazaki plays through the first part of The Foreign Turnabout (6-1) with the people of Nintendo Dream and they talk about it (I had already done the articles where they play 6-2 and 6-3 together before, for some reason I kept postponing work on this one).

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Man... I almost feel bad for Yamazaki these days, though he did basically retire from being director for Ace Attorney and the franchise has sunk into obscurity until very recently. Hoping TGAAC's release will inspire Capcom to revive the franchise and we get a new AA game sometime soon. Maybe Takumi will get to return as director again. AA7 could be a fresh start on its own, even.

And I definitely care whenever you update. :3 The inner linguist in me sings whenever I deal with stories with a lot of cross-cultural phenomena, whether or not it's based on real or fantasy countries, so it's nice looking back at this stuff.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 5 of 5 [ 172 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » General » Press Conference