To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, COMPLETE 04/28/08)
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, COMPLETE 04/28/08)
I won't spam up the place with all my fics -- I can be found at my ficjournal, the Pit of Voles, and the Objection! archives, among other places. Come check me out, there'll be punch and pie!
What I will spam up this board with is this crossover casefic project of mine, To Each A Tempo. Prior knowledge of EBA is recommended only because the game is awesome, not because there's actual canon you need to know or anything.
To Each A Tempo - Prologue
What I will spam up this board with is this crossover casefic project of mine, To Each A Tempo. Prior knowledge of EBA is recommended only because the game is awesome, not because there's actual canon you need to know or anything.
To Each A Tempo - Prologue
Last edited by Pyrasaur on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Inquisitor Amakiir
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 712
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:01 pm
- Custom Title: "Too Awesome to Die"
- Location: New Arcadia
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)
I just read through it, and I thought it was awsome. I hope you actually get the next chapter up!
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.


-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)
To Each A Tempo -- Chapter 1
Now with actual Phoenix Wright content! Order now and receive a free Phoenix plushie (offer void where prohibited)!
Now with actual Phoenix Wright content! Order now and receive a free Phoenix plushie (offer void where prohibited)!
Last edited by Pyrasaur on Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Shion
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 199
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:35 am
- Custom Title: Legal Aid
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)
I will take that Phoenix plushie thank you very much!
I like what you have written so far, are you going to go into more depth on why Phoenix is being sensitive to certain things around him that people are not? There were a few instances in the game where Nick was able to hear Mia speak to him briefly even though Maya wasn't channeling her at the time or even aware that Mia spoke to Phoenix.
While reading chapter one I was listening to Dirty Vegas song called Days Go By and it reminded me of Phoenix and Mia. I have never played Elite Beat Agents do they play instruments? I imagine Nick playing the guitar when I hear this song in front of a crowd of people.
Hey maybe Phoenix took music lessons while in collage? I think that I have read somewhere that said he was majoring or minoring in Art while taking Law? What if he joined a collage band and played to pass the time studying those law books? Some fan fictions that I read had it where Phoenix was studying to be an actor maybe he developed a singing voice? I like the idea of Nick having an old guitar stash away somewhere in his office/home as a reminder of his artistic days before he became a lawyer.
By the way why is Phoenix so famous with the Agents? It's not like he has any sort of talent that they do.(Yet, at least.)
So how did his reputation spread over there?
Looking forward to the next chapter!
I like what you have written so far, are you going to go into more depth on why Phoenix is being sensitive to certain things around him that people are not? There were a few instances in the game where Nick was able to hear Mia speak to him briefly even though Maya wasn't channeling her at the time or even aware that Mia spoke to Phoenix.
While reading chapter one I was listening to Dirty Vegas song called Days Go By and it reminded me of Phoenix and Mia. I have never played Elite Beat Agents do they play instruments? I imagine Nick playing the guitar when I hear this song in front of a crowd of people.
Hey maybe Phoenix took music lessons while in collage? I think that I have read somewhere that said he was majoring or minoring in Art while taking Law? What if he joined a collage band and played to pass the time studying those law books? Some fan fictions that I read had it where Phoenix was studying to be an actor maybe he developed a singing voice? I like the idea of Nick having an old guitar stash away somewhere in his office/home as a reminder of his artistic days before he became a lawyer.
By the way why is Phoenix so famous with the Agents? It's not like he has any sort of talent that they do.(Yet, at least.)
So how did his reputation spread over there?
Looking forward to the next chapter!
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)
Thanks to everyone who's read so far!
Shion, the Elite Beat Agents have microphones while they dance, but their mouths don't move so I'm wondering if the mikes aren't just a cool prop. Maybe they're just meant to lend a feel of performance? And if the EBA played instruments or had a band or something, the resulting sound would be far too awesome for mere mortals and would cause immediate brain implosion in the listener.
As for Phoenix's abilities and his relationship with the EBA, all will be explained over the course of the fic. I'm not about to spoil it for ya.
Shion, the Elite Beat Agents have microphones while they dance, but their mouths don't move so I'm wondering if the mikes aren't just a cool prop. Maybe they're just meant to lend a feel of performance? And if the EBA played instruments or had a band or something, the resulting sound would be far too awesome for mere mortals and would cause immediate brain implosion in the listener.
As for Phoenix's abilities and his relationship with the EBA, all will be explained over the course of the fic. I'm not about to spoil it for ya.


Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Shion
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 199
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:35 am
- Custom Title: Legal Aid
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)
Well, I guess I have to wait for the next chapter then. I swear that some authors have the uncanny ability to leave you hanging with a killer cliff hanger. Sometimes for months, or worse years!
I started many good stories and they never get updated again, Madam Hydra's Conflict of Interest story is a good example of this and I don't think nothing new has been posted since 2002!
I do agree that if the EBA had a band that they would rock! So why not? If your in a organization like that then you must have a great love for music and maybe some of the members have experience playing an instrument or two, plus you can't have a good band unless you have people that can play music instruments. Then it would be something like A cappella which of course is what EBA sort of is.
Plus I have to admit I want to see Phoenix rock with a guitar even if it's a one shot sort of thing that never happens again in the history of Phoenix Wright fan fiction.
I looked up the guitar types on Wikipedia and man there are just so many different types guitars out there! I doubt that Nick could even afford the pricer models maybe he could afford a classic guitar?
What instrument do you see Nick playing if he did take a course in music?
I also did a little fan art it's of Phoenix and Maya done on paint something that I'm never good drawing on. Inspiration for this piece comes from listening to Led Zeppelin's song a "Whole Lotta Love" too many times.
Phoenix reminds me a little of Spike from Cowboy Bebop and he just strikes me as a blues and jazz man in this drawing for some reason. I'm glad Maya turned out good too she's supposed to be winking in case you didn't noticed and also more importantly that the guy that I draw actually resembles Nick!

Keep up the great work!
I started many good stories and they never get updated again, Madam Hydra's Conflict of Interest story is a good example of this and I don't think nothing new has been posted since 2002!I do agree that if the EBA had a band that they would rock! So why not? If your in a organization like that then you must have a great love for music and maybe some of the members have experience playing an instrument or two, plus you can't have a good band unless you have people that can play music instruments. Then it would be something like A cappella which of course is what EBA sort of is.
Plus I have to admit I want to see Phoenix rock with a guitar even if it's a one shot sort of thing that never happens again in the history of Phoenix Wright fan fiction.
I looked up the guitar types on Wikipedia and man there are just so many different types guitars out there! I doubt that Nick could even afford the pricer models maybe he could afford a classic guitar?
What instrument do you see Nick playing if he did take a course in music?I also did a little fan art it's of Phoenix and Maya done on paint something that I'm never good drawing on. Inspiration for this piece comes from listening to Led Zeppelin's song a "Whole Lotta Love" too many times.
Phoenix reminds me a little of Spike from Cowboy Bebop and he just strikes me as a blues and jazz man in this drawing for some reason. I'm glad Maya turned out good too she's supposed to be winking in case you didn't noticed and also more importantly that the guy that I draw actually resembles Nick!

Keep up the great work!
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)
Last edited by Pyrasaur on Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
MoogleGunner
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 183
- Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:04 pm
- Custom Title: Hey, pal!
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crosso
*steps out of lurk zone*
I read it, and I must say I'm very impressed.
You did an excellent job.
I read it, and I must say I'm very impressed.
You did an excellent job.

Siggy by Vickinator. Who is amazing
-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)
*sneaks out of lurk mode too* I admit I had my doubts, but so far I find myself coming back to the story for more. I particularly like the way you incorporated a decidedly game-mechanics element like the psyche locks into an enjoyable narrative.
Looking forward to the next installment!
Looking forward to the next installment!


"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (Phoenix Wright/Elite Beat Agents crossover)

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
DSL-69
- Donor

- Posts: 383
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:44 am
- Custom Title: Yeah, I'm totally watching you.
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
This story is awesome... and slightly disorienting... but still awesome.
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
DSL-69 wrote:This story is awesome... and slightly disorienting... but still awesome.
Thank you. Disorienting? What do you mean? I always appreciate people's thoughts on how I can better my storytelling (and I was a little concerned about Chapter 3 being information-heavy anyway).

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
DSL-69
- Donor

- Posts: 383
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:44 am
- Custom Title: Yeah, I'm totally watching you.
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
You're metaphoric storytelling style's rather odd, but I actually tend to like it. I merely meant that this story was disorienting in the way nearly all crossovers are disorienting; after all, heavy, dissonent tones melt away and come together only after at least a minor suspension of disbelief on the part of the reader. That's all. 

-
CantFaketheFunk
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
- Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
- Location: NC, NJ, MN
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
Quite liking it. Like I said as anon-commenter, I think the two of us have really similar concepts of how the Agency functions and that makes me happy :D
(Awesome sig art by Axl99!)-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
I think my only nitpick is the formatting. Maybe add some spacer lines between paragraphs and clarify the dialogue so it's clearer who is saying what. Generally you don't want to lump a line of dialogue into the same paragraph as a lot of narration.
Otherwise, totally digging the storyline and the fangirlishness.
Otherwise, totally digging the storyline and the fangirlishness.


"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
DSL-69 wrote:You're metaphoric storytelling style's rather odd, but I actually tend to like it. I merely meant that this story was disorienting in the way nearly all crossovers are disorienting; after all, heavy, dissonent tones melt away and come together only after at least a minor suspension of disbelief on the part of the reader. That's all.
Ah, okay. Heh, yeah, I'm overly fond of metaphor and am often trying to be a little weird, so that's cool if it works for you!
Firefury Amahira wrote:I think my only nitpick is the formatting. Maybe add some spacer lines between paragraphs and clarify the dialogue so it's clearer who is saying what. Generally you don't want to lump a line of dialogue into the same paragraph as a lot of narration.
Tch, Insanejournal is eating my tabs, I bet that's at least part of the dialogue clarity problem. Let's see if I can...make it...not, or something. And I've also been told I use too many spaces in my formatting, so I'll pay attention to this issue and see where the general consensus falls. (I tend to group dialogue and actions that are related, like a person noticing the surroundings, speaking and gesturing in quick succession, just because that makes sense to me.)
And thanks to everyone reading! Kisses!

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Shion
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 199
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:35 am
- Custom Title: Legal Aid
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
It was a long wait but it was worth it.
I get the feeling that if the EBA train Maya and Phoenix as relentlessly as they do dance moves then Edgeworth isn't going to know what hits him when it comes time to do the trial.
Which reminds me will Phoenix be able to keep the knowledge of the EBA secret from Edgeworth? In essence isn't he betraying the trust between himself and Miles? I think that eventually that he will come to know the truth and if he decides to keep the secret as well is another story.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
I get the feeling that if the EBA train Maya and Phoenix as relentlessly as they do dance moves then Edgeworth isn't going to know what hits him when it comes time to do the trial.Which reminds me will Phoenix be able to keep the knowledge of the EBA secret from Edgeworth? In essence isn't he betraying the trust between himself and Miles? I think that eventually that he will come to know the truth and if he decides to keep the secret as well is another story.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 3 now up)
To Each A Tempo -- Chapter 4
In which PW's wacky inconsistent technology totally supports VCR-programming jokes.
In which PW's wacky inconsistent technology totally supports VCR-programming jokes.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 4 now up)
Ah, VCR jokes :D And bad driving jokes. Another excellent chapter!
Though as a solution to the formating problem with the tabs, I'd suggest just sticking a blank line in between each paragraph and dialogue line. Still, the formatting was a lot better this time around :D
Though as a solution to the formating problem with the tabs, I'd suggest just sticking a blank line in between each paragraph and dialogue line. Still, the formatting was a lot better this time around :D

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 4 now up)
To Each A Tempo -- Chapter 5
Court finally begins, and wacky witnesses are more fun to write than you can shake a pointing finger at, srsly guys.
About the formatting issues, I've learned a bit of HTML so I can backhand websites when they eat my indent, and I'm working on more coherent grouping of dialogue and actions. Because court scenes have rapid-fire dialogue between many characters, I've tried to use paragraph breaks according to where Phoenix's attention is directed -- feedback is appreciated, I'd like to know if this worked and flowed and made sense.
Court finally begins, and wacky witnesses are more fun to write than you can shake a pointing finger at, srsly guys.
About the formatting issues, I've learned a bit of HTML so I can backhand websites when they eat my indent, and I'm working on more coherent grouping of dialogue and actions. Because court scenes have rapid-fire dialogue between many characters, I've tried to use paragraph breaks according to where Phoenix's attention is directed -- feedback is appreciated, I'd like to know if this worked and flowed and made sense.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, yay WOW it's Chapter 5!)
I definitely like the way you've got the courtroom action formatted now. Breaking it up by what Nick's focused on lends a nice semblance of the back-and-forth of the games. And oh geez, I love your first witness!
Reminds me just a liiiiittle bit of Max from 2-3, but not so much as to make him seem like a knock-off.
Eagerly awaiting the next update!
Reminds me just a liiiiittle bit of Max from 2-3, but not so much as to make him seem like a knock-off.Eagerly awaiting the next update!

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, yay WOW it's Chapter 5!)
Last edited by Pyrasaur on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 6 lives!)
LOVE. THE. EDGEWORTH. SCENE.
Short chapter, but it seems like just the right length for what was accomplished, bringing the trial up to its first recess and first potential upset with the news about this witness/possible suspect. Good stuff, can't wait for the next chapter!
Short chapter, but it seems like just the right length for what was accomplished, bringing the trial up to its first recess and first potential upset with the news about this witness/possible suspect. Good stuff, can't wait for the next chapter!

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 6 lives!)
Pretty awesome. I love your writing style. So detailed. It's smooth, perfect. You could write books for a living.

-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 6 lives!)
Mikker wrote:You could write books for a living.
You have no idea how happy that makes me, being a frustrated aspiring novelist and all. <3 Thank you. And thanks to everyone else who reads and enjoys my writing, I appreciate it and can't say it enough.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 6 lives!)

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 7 up and about)
EE! A wonderful intermission from my worrying about the California brushfires :D
I think my favorite scene was Edgeworth at the end of the chapter. You've cooked up a situation that has him at a loss (the idea of Phoenix lying, heaven forbid!), and captured it wonderfully. I eagerly lok forward to what you've got planned for those guns on the mantle ^_~
I think my favorite scene was Edgeworth at the end of the chapter. You've cooked up a situation that has him at a loss (the idea of Phoenix lying, heaven forbid!), and captured it wonderfully. I eagerly lok forward to what you've got planned for those guns on the mantle ^_~

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA
-
Mr. Bear Jew
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4353
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
- Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
- Location: Norcal
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 7 up and about)
Dude, this some great stuff. You've captured the atmosphere of drama in the Phoenix Wright universe perfectly; even better than Capcom has in some cases. Hell, you're inspiring me to actually get off my lazy ass and seek an honest education. I might even considering a career in journalism if only because of this fanfic alone!
Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next chapter! I wonder who the killer was...it better not be who I think it is.
Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next chapter! I wonder who the killer was...it better not be who I think it is.
Spoiler:

-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 7 up and about)
Firefury Amahira wrote:I eagerly lok forward to what you've got planned for those guns on the mantle ^_~
Stuff will be awesomely shot to bits!
Walkie Talkie Man wrote:Dude, this some great stuff. You've captured the atmosphere of drama in the Phoenix Wright universe perfectly; even better than Capcom has in some cases. Hell, you're inspiring me to actually get off my lazy ass and seek an honest education. I might even considering a career in journalism if only because of this fanfic alone!
Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next chapter! I wonder who the killer was...it better not be who I think it is.Spoiler:
Seriously, just from my screwing around with fandom? Wow. Go get 'em -- you know what they say about the pen being mighty!
And:
Spoiler:

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Pearl Fey
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:30 am
- Custom Title: GIGGIDY.
- Location: UK
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 7 up and about)
Really original idea. =] Keep up teh good work =]
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 7 up and about)

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 8 lives!)
Eavesdroppin' on Edgey.... heehee :D I'll just squee with delight at the update, and I'm looking forward to seeing what "miracle junk" gets turned up!

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA
-
ExImplode07
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 207
- Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:59 pm
- Custom Title: Is he doing JAZZ HANDS at the camera!?
- Location: In the closet
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 8 lives!)
I'm not sure how I found this fic originally. I was just messing around on google and came across your fic journal, before I even knew about Court Records. But, I have to say, first it thrilled me (EBA/Phoenix Wright Crossover!) and now it intrigues me. I'm very interested to see where this is going. 
Something I really like is the way you've given life to the Agents...they have no personalities in canon, and there's no explanation for their abilities or what motivates them to help people. It takes real creativity to create a whole world around such a skeletal structure.
Yeah...sorry to sound like a gushing fangirl, but I'd just like to end this by saying you inspired me to write "Turnabout in Wonderland". Yours is much more 'professional', but I wouldn't have applied so much depth to my magic and mayhem if it weren't for "To Each a Tempo", and I'm glad I did. Thankyou!

Something I really like is the way you've given life to the Agents...they have no personalities in canon, and there's no explanation for their abilities or what motivates them to help people. It takes real creativity to create a whole world around such a skeletal structure.
Yeah...sorry to sound like a gushing fangirl, but I'd just like to end this by saying you inspired me to write "Turnabout in Wonderland". Yours is much more 'professional', but I wouldn't have applied so much depth to my magic and mayhem if it weren't for "To Each a Tempo", and I'm glad I did. Thankyou!

~Avatar by Sakuro & Endless Blasphemy~NEW Banner by jesidres~

Project Kallisti - PW SUPERHERO AU - UPDATED 1/11

Project Kallisti - PW SUPERHERO AU - UPDATED 1/11
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 8 lives!)
ExImplode07 wrote:I'm not sure how I found this fic originally. I was just messing around on google and came across your fic journal, before I even knew about Court Records. But, I have to say, first it thrilled me (EBA/Phoenix Wright Crossover!) and now it intrigues me. I'm very interested to see where this is going.
Something I really like is the way you've given life to the Agents...they have no personalities in canon, and there's no explanation for their abilities or what motivates them to help people. It takes real creativity to create a whole world around such a skeletal structure.
Yeah...sorry to sound like a gushing fangirl, but I'd just like to end this by saying you inspired me to write "Turnabout in Wonderland". Yours is much more 'professional', but I wouldn't have applied so much depth to my magic and mayhem if it weren't for "To Each a Tempo", and I'm glad I did. Thankyou!
Dear sweet Google, bastion of stumbling across cool stuff.
Ahh, yes, the near-complete lack of EBA canon. It really is a playground as much as a challenge! I like using characters' body language to show (or figure out) their personality and mood, and EBA is a good training exercise for it -- all the Agents have to distinguish themselves with is poses and expressions. There's an awful lot you can read into someone from how they move. And I'm kind of amazed at what this thing is becoming. (Would you believe that Vanderspiegle was originally slated as a boring one-shot Bellboy-type character? Hah! XD)
And oooh, Turnabout in Wonderland looks neat, I'ma have to get reading that. That's so cool that Tempo inspired you, I'm glad you enjoy and thank you!


Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Mr. Bear Jew
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4353
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
- Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
- Location: Norcal
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 7 up and about)
Pyrasaur wrote:Firefury Amahira wrote:I eagerly lok forward to what you've got planned for those guns on the mantle ^_~
Stuff will be awesomely shot to bits!
Walkie Talkie Man wrote:Dude, this some great stuff. You've captured the atmosphere of drama in the Phoenix Wright universe perfectly; even better than Capcom has in some cases. Hell, you're inspiring me to actually get off my lazy ass and seek an honest education. I might even considering a career in journalism if only because of this fanfic alone!
Keep up the good work! I can't wait for the next chapter! I wonder who the killer was...it better not be who I think it is.Spoiler:
Seriously, just from my screwing around with fandom? Wow. Go get 'em -- you know what they say about the pen being mighty!
And:Spoiler:
There's a very simple formula...EVERYONE'S A SUSPECT! (kudos for the reference)
As for the latest chapter, I love it! Finally, Morris and Derek get a time to shine in the spotlight. I wonder when Spin will appear...it also makes me wonder who the killer could be. Obviously, someone who knew about the Agents. But what motive would a person have to kill an old lady? Mysteries abound! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Hm...thinking deeper on the last chapter...it seems like Morris is going through some inner conflict. Correct me if I'm wrong it seems like he's trying to overcome some guilt. Maybe he's weighed down by the failure of a mission?

-
Mr. Bear Jew
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4353
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
- Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
- Location: Norcal
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 8 lives!)
This thread deserves to be on page 1. *bumps*

-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 8 lives!)
To Each A Tempo -- Chapter 9
Just when you thought it was safe to ... read a fic without crazy OCs in it. (Hey, thanks for the thought, WTM!
)
And I'll note it here, too: Tempo disregards the vast majority of canon introduced by T&T. Just in case you were spinning Dahlia conspiracy theories or anything.
Just when you thought it was safe to ... read a fic without crazy OCs in it. (Hey, thanks for the thought, WTM!
)And I'll note it here, too: Tempo disregards the vast majority of canon introduced by T&T. Just in case you were spinning Dahlia conspiracy theories or anything.
Last edited by Pyrasaur on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Pyrasaur
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 70
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:07 am
- Custom Title: Literally and figuratively
- Location: In your PANTS
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 8 lives!)
Double post for great fail.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Cherry! Check out the To Each A Tempo CR thread, there'll be punch and pie!
-
Glimmerous
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 66
- Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:03 pm
- Custom Title: Inconceivable!
- Location: redneckville, florida
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 9 rides again)
This story is freaking amazing.
It makes me want to write again.
I love your style, and the feel, and, and. uh. everything.
It makes me want to write again.
I love your style, and the feel, and, and. uh. everything.

...
-
Firefury Amahira
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:55 am
- Custom Title: Just another fangirl...
- Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake
- Contact:
Re: To Each A Tempo (PW/EBA crossover, Chapter 9 rides again)
OMFG, I was in hysterics (at work, no less!
) reading this chapter! I love your OCs, they just FIT, you've done a wonderful job creating these new character that carry off the game's quirky style perfectly! The food-cursing made me think of Vlad Masters from Danny Phantom a bit because Vlad's "curses" tend to be various pastry and dessert items. Though his "Butterbiscuits!" pales in comparison to Cherry's swearing. That was just awesome XD
And I totally agree with some of the comments on LJ- Godot, Angel, and Cherry having a discussion would be EPIC WIN.
) reading this chapter! I love your OCs, they just FIT, you've done a wonderful job creating these new character that carry off the game's quirky style perfectly! The food-cursing made me think of Vlad Masters from Danny Phantom a bit because Vlad's "curses" tend to be various pastry and dessert items. Though his "Butterbiscuits!" pales in comparison to Cherry's swearing. That was just awesome XDAnd I totally agree with some of the comments on LJ- Godot, Angel, and Cherry having a discussion would be EPIC WIN.

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA

