Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Ashita no joeTopic%20Title

Formerly Dr.Cube

Alright this is one of the most historic animes in history. I mean it is the only thing ever where a funeral was held for a fictional character. I fell in love with this series so quickly because of the amazing-ness of Joe Yabuki. He's such a funny main character but when it's time to train or throw down he's able to. Also The "boxing crackhead" is an amazing coach if I ever saw one (sorry anzai-sensei). People complain about the art style but I like it and think the fights are done very well and better then most series today. Well since not much has been scanlated I only have the first four volumes (but I'm only on chapter 35 I think). Well anyone else like this series?
Re: Ashita no joeTopic%20Title

Nothing Else Matters

I haven't read/seen Ashita no Joe, but I've seen all the episodes of Hajime no Ippo and am still reading the mangas. But I hear ashita is just as good if not better than ippo. I need to check it out sometime.
If anyone intends to join Gamefly, please do so via this link. I would appreciate it greatly. It would help me to get a free Wii. :)

http://friends.GameFly.com/r/d6f200a873ef102a919d

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

Huh, never thought I'd see an Ashita no Joe thread here...figured you all were too young.

Ashita no Joe has one of the greatest endings ever; I'd even say it's one of the best boxing manga I've read, if not one of the best period.

I can't say too much else without spoiling it.

stirring

Ashita no Joe was one of the greatest mangas I have ever read, and the ending truly is just amazing. It's just so close to flawless.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Formerly Dr.Cube

I've always wanted to read ashita no joe but I just couldn't find scans thankfully I found some but I did read the ending once by accident in this book about the history of manga it had all the last chapter. After being into anime and manga for so long I finally started trying to learn japanese. There was a used bookstore with this 12 cd learn japanese audiobook thing and I had a half off coupon so I've been doing that I read the book in like all my classes. I'm hoping to get good enough to actually have a conversation my dad says if I graduate with good grades from my high school (two years) he might let me go to japan. He went once I begged him to bring me back all this kinnikuman, slam dunk and ashita no joe stuff lol. Well if I do study hard enough maybe I can read everything in between volume four and the last chapter. That last panel is simply epic though.
Spoiler:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios