Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 27 posts ]

Quizer's fanfiction: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3Topic%20Title

Hey, everyone!

This is my fanfiction thread. I'm proud to announce the release of my second piece, which started as a request for the Kink Meme, but which I quickly decided to attempt myself. Here is the first part:

Summary: Not sure whether her latest plot to get her favorite couple together worked, Pearl 'investigates' Fey Manor at night two months after Hazakura Temple, but ends up finding more than she bargained for. AU to 'Ultra Course'. Phoenix&Mia&Maya, (will be) three parts.

Those of you who have followed the link further down this thread already know this bit. It's turned a lot longer and more involved than I bargained for, though. I've decided to write the extra-steamy ending instead of the funny one. Much of the next part is already written, but a good bit remains. Let's see how my muse holds up. I hope I can soon present Part 2, which is the main part of the story.

Older stories:

Summary: She has worked hard to prepare it, and now it is finally ready: The secret legendary extra-special Ultra Course of Hazakura Temple! This is a tale of what happens when the romantic delusions of one Pearl Fey finally bear fruit. One-shot, Phoenix&Maya.

This story now has its own thread on CR, where I've toiled to present it in a way that makes full use of the formatting options of this forum. I consider this the superior version compared to the one released on FF.net.

Several people on this board helped me out with my fact-checking - thanks to you guys! It hasn't been that long, so I trust you know who you are when you read this...

I'm looking forward to hearing your comments and opinions! Reviews on FFnet are the preferred method, but if you want to discuss things openly, just repeat it here and I'll use this forum to answer.

I'm looking forward to your comments!

Quizer

Ultra Course - A Phoenix/Maya fanfiction by Quizer
Quizer's fanfiction thread - Last update: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3 (Jan 07, 2008)

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Re: Ultra Course (post-T&T Phoenix/Maya oneshot)Topic%20Title

Since this page has seen so little love since I created it, I'm going to put up my thoughts about the parts of the story which I found most interesting when writing, in the hopes that it might prompt some discussion or something. But please do go and read the story first before having everything spoiled:

Spoiler:
Maya's vision: The idea of Maya becoming a lawyer was a spur-of-the-moment thing, but it evolved beautifully from the moment of the story. I could imagine her envying the sort of trust Mia and Phoenix have in each other and feeling the need to live up to her sister's image, as well as wanting to be able to support Phoenix in a broader range of areas. Maya's powerful fantasy almost wrote itself from there. Was it convincing?

The future of Kurain: The idea of Phoenix and Maya revolutionizing the Kurain Channeling Technique was also an idea that only hit me when I was already almost done, but I'm quite happy with how it ended up balancing the idea of Maya as an attorney, showing both paths as possibilities that can be pursued to varying degrees. Now matter how it turns out, I think these two have a glorious future ahead!

Humor: Maya's unique sense of humor is an integral part of her character that I believe will always remain with her, and I think it is also one of the features Phoenix likes most about her. From a writer's standpoint, it isn't always easy to judge to how a joke will be received, so I'd appreciate comments in this area. Did you laugh? Which part did you think was the most funny? And was there a joke that you think totally failed?

If there are other things you want to discuss, feel free to raise them and I'll endeavor to answer!

Quizer

Quizer's fanfiction thread - Last update: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3 (Jan 07, 2008)

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Because you can't beat it!

I could definitely see Maya wanting to practice law, since she really seems to look up to Phoenix in that respect, and also since
Spoiler: T&T
at the end of T&T she's pretty much had it with the Fey clan and doesn't want to be a spirit medium anymore.

Anyway, nice work. I love the PxM stuff.

Quote:
At the end of T&T she's pretty much had it with the Fey clan and doesn't want to be a spirit medium anymore.

:objection:

I don't think Maya would be willing to really give up the Fey clan and channeling, and here's my proof:

For all the trouble that channeling has caused her, it's the only connection she has to her sister. I remember her saying a couple of times that she felt unsure about her training and things like that, but I didn't gather that she wanted to give it up. Or is there actually proof of that? :think:

On another note, I love your 'Double Objection' picture! I've looked at your DeviantArt page, and it has some very good and very funny stuff. I loved 'Metroid Crime' and that Female!Link pic, too. Do you happen to do requests?

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tee Hee Hee...Boom!

Wow!!!
that was one of the most romantic PxM fics i've ever seen!!! :kissy:
I hope you write more!!!
Eternally grasping for contradictions...
: Phoenix Wright : The Musical ::Vinci's wallpapers/sigs/avatars/stuff :

Thanks! It was a week and a half of non-stop work, and I'm very proud of how it turned out! I'm already working on my next project, which I will post/link to here as well once it's done. For those who are interested, you can read the first part here, as I've posted it for the big Phoenix Wright Kink Meme.

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The kind of judge you can trust

Awesome story. Well-written, and I loved the interaction between Maya and Phoenix. Loved the jokes, too :)

I liked that it was romantic without getting too hot and heavy.

In fact, the only thing that disappointed me about this story ... was that it was a one-shot. I'd love to see a series based on the ideas you present here ;)

Quote:
Awesome story. Well-written, and I loved the interaction between Maya and Phoenix. Loved the jokes, too :)

I liked that it was romantic without getting too hot and heavy.

Yeah, that was intentional. I was aiming to display an emotional connection first and foremost, thinking they'd still have time to get hot and heavy later on. I'm quite pleased with the result.

Quote:
In fact, the only thing that disappointed me about this story ... was that it was a one-shot. I'd love to see a series based on the ideas you present here ;)

Well, it wasn't your typical 500-words oneshot. I think I'll call this type of story a longshot... :larry2:

I may yet write more one-shots in this universe, showing bits or pieces of a future that might come after this. However, at the moment, I'm working on an AU of this story. What if Maya had channeled Mia into that chamber, intending to have Phoenix question her about her being an accomplice to Pearl's plan? The story I'm currently working on shows the long-term results that are caused by this decision, two months later.

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quizer wrote:
For all the trouble that channeling has caused her, it's the only connection she has to her sister. I remember her saying a couple of times that she felt unsure about her training and things like that, but I didn't gather that she wanted to give it up. Or is there actually proof of that? :think:

On another note, I love your 'Double Objection' picture! I've looked at your DeviantArt page, and it has some very good and very funny stuff. I loved 'Metroid Crime' and that Female!Link pic, too. Do you happen to do requests?

Spoiler:
It's when Maya's on the stand, when asked to give her name and occupation she gives her occupation as Phoenix's assistant at Wright & Co. The judge is confused because he thought her occupation was "spirit medium" to which Maya sadly explains that she doesn't want to have anything to do with spirits anymore because having family members constantly trying to kill/frame her isn't worth having the job of running the clan. But perhaps you're right, she may have changed her mind afterwards when she was reunited with Pearl-Mia.

Oh and thanks, I'm glad you like my stuff. :pearl: I can't promise I'd be able to do it because of laziness, but I'd be happy to hear your request (via PM please!) I've been really into PW again lately, so the chances of me taking on a PW request are high right about now.

dragon attorney

Absolutely touching story, I loved it!! I'm loking forawrd to reading those other stories your're writting about this universe...I'm sure they are wonderful too. I bet that "what if mia was channeled in that moment" if pretty, pretty funny! I'll stay tuned for more!

Quote:
Absolutely touching story, I loved it!! I'm loking forawrd to reading those other stories your're writting about this universe...I'm sure they are wonderful too. I bet that "what if mia was channeled in that moment" if pretty, pretty funny! I'll stay tuned for more!

Thanks! The next story is nearing completion already. It's going to be quite steamy, too. I'll let everyone reading this thread know when it's finished in all its glory.

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Quizer's fanfiction: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3Topic%20Title

UPDATE!

I've decided to put the first part of 'Inconclusive Evidence' up at FFnet. It's pretty much in its finished state - I don't think I'm going to change anything big in it. Go back and check the first post in this thread again for a link, for those who haven't read it yet at the Kink Meme!

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragon attorney

^^ yay! a new story! and it looks interesting...I'll go read now!

Proud PxM shipper.

Loved it completely. It is a great Phoenix and Maya story. Plus, it was so sweet and romantic. Thank you for treating me with this.
ImageClick sig to go to my sig thread. If you would like one, you may request. Devoted Phoenix and Maya shipper. Also a Diego and Mia shipper.
My fanfic thread. Law, Lust, and Coffee currently ongoing (Miego).

Thanks! "Sweet and romantic" was pretty much what I was aiming for with this one. I also tried to show more depth than the usual short stories which are often too short to go into much detail. Good to see I succeeded!

Feel free to check out my next piece as well. Pearl's perspective was very fun to write and is very enjoyable by itself. Your stated age of 13 may be a little young for the parts that are up next, but the first one is 'safe' enough.

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Da Bomb

I love your PxM works! :D
Ultra Course was one of my top favorites.
Then Inconclusive Evidence was just... amazing! I even commented (on FF.net)... which I usually don't do.
The ending shocked me. XD
Pairings: Miego, NickMaya, (CloTi & Fack)
Daughter of GavinnerRock

:cookie: PHEAR THE COOKIES of DOOM! :cookie:

I can't seem to be able to send a PM for some strange reason, so I'll just post here since it relates to this: I'm not dead and I'm still working on "that thing". Sorry it's been taking so long, I've been kind of busy but it's almost done and I'm going to try to have it finished this weekend. :sadshoe:

Also, I can't wait to find out what happens in Inconclusive Evidence. Keep up the funny stuff!

Quote:
I can't seem to be able to send a PM for some strange reason, so I'll just post here since it relates to this: I'm not dead and I'm still working on "that thing". Sorry it's been taking so long, I've been kind of busy but it's almost done and I'm going to try to have it finished this weekend. :sadshoe:
Don't worry, you're under no pressure. Take as long as you need to. I'm looking forward to the 'unveiling'. :larry2:

Quote:
Also, I can't wait to find out what happens in Inconclusive Evidence. Keep up the funny stuff!
Thanks! I'm still working on the next part. It's going to be as huge as even longer than Ultra Course.

Quote:
I love your PxM works! :D
Ultra Course was one of my top favorites.
Then Inconclusive Evidence was just... amazing! I even commented (on FF.net)... which I usually don't do.
The ending shocked me. XD
If the ending shocked you, I'm really looking forward to your reaction to everything that happens in Part 2! :gant:

And thanks for the FFnet review! I get quite a few readers, but not so many of them actually review there. I'm going to look at it now.
EDIT: Oh right, that review. I already replied to it a while ago. You were the second person who reviewed! (Now I'm kinda disappointed because I thought I had a new review... :payne: But thanks for being one of the few persons who did review! :larry2: )

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stalker Horse?!

Aw, I love your stories. So romantic and nice. ^_^ They're really good too. :D

Thanks! Romantic was my goal when writing the 'Ultra Course' story - good to see it is received as such!

My production speed has slowed down somewhat, but I'm still working on the next part of 'Inconclusive Evidence'.

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Four is Death

I read your stuff.

*gives thumbs up* Good stuff. I assume your OTP is Maya/Phoenix?

If I could only have a single pairing, Phoenix/Maya is what I would pick. But I also like Phoenix/Mia (Honestly, why am I the first to use the awesome power of spirit channeling to bring Mia back to make lots of steamy love with Phoenix? The idea is not that outlandish, is it? :yuusaku: ), and I would definitely give reading Phoenix/Iris a try... I'm less sure about writing it, though.

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Four is Death

Nothign is wrong with Mia/Phoenix.

It's my OTP. =P

Still, it's a bit disappointing that no other stories exist which pair Channeled!Mia and Phoenix together. Jenna_Darknight has written an excellent but short piece, but apart from that, this area of PW fanfiction looks utterly barren. Which is a total shame.

Quizer

Last edited by Quizer on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Four is Death

Quizer wrote:
Still, it's a bit disappointing that no other stories exist which pair Channeled!Mia and Phoenix together. Jenna_Darknight has written an excellent but short piece, but apart from that, this area of PW fanfiction looks utterly barren. Which is a total shame.

I would write some, but I have no skill at all in writing pairing fics >_<

Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada (yes i live in canada)

Ultra Course is writen brilliantly and it's lolz. great job
sigTolombo conMagic

Thanks! I'm not making progress on 'Inconclusive Evidence' right now, but I'm sure I'll finish it eventually. I can't give up when it's already more than halfway complete!

Quizer

Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony