Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 39 posts ]

Phoenix Wright fans are HARDCORETopic%20Title

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Over at Bionic Commando they've released a podcast interview with Gyakuten Saiban producer Matsukawa. They picked 10 questions submitted by fans to have her answer, and I haven't listened to the whole thing myself yet, but there's some neat information in there. But my favorite part of the podcast comes at around 4:44:

"I love the Phoenix Wright series, but Phoenix Wright fans, you guys are hardcore. I've seen their websites."

We do our best (*wink*)

Thanks, Top Secret guys, for putting together such an entertaining podcast! And congratulations to a fellow CR fan who won the contest!

EDIT: Also, Matsukawa revealed that New Gyakuten Not Saiban will be released April 20th, though she didn't give us any hints to what it is.
Re: Phoenix Wright fans are HARDCORETopic%20Title

Jammin' like it's 2024

Court Records: the crown jewel of the Ace Attorney fandom.

Now if only we could get that timeline sorted... *shot, dragged into street, shot again*
AA4 is set in 2026!! Don't ignore meeeee~ D:
Does we even do these things anymore?

Bomberkid

Croik wrote:
Also, Matsukawa revealed that New Gyakuten Not Saiban will be released April 20th, though she didn't give us any hints to what it is.

Hope the days would fly pass to that day! Not forgetting the new games that are coming out in Europe.
^Credit to 天才/sophia! <333 Thanks so much!
My fanart thread

Idol of Polar Bears

I feel flattered and proud to be part of the biggest and most dedicated Ace Attorney fandom on the net.

Superficial Narcissist

I wonder how long they've been working on NGNS, to have it released so soon. Could be since they finished GS4, I suppose. :hyde:

It kinda strikes me as weird that they'd give a release date for something before announcing what it is, especially when it's so soon. Well, I have to admit, I'm curious.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Rizuchan wrote:
It kinda strikes me as weird that they'd give a release date for something before announcing what it is, especially when it's so soon. Well, I have to admit, I'm curious.

Something tells me it's not nearly as big as we're supposing. If it was something like a game or an anime, you'd think they would be opening up preorders and things like that. But you can't offer a preorder without giving away what it is...
ImageImage

Zvarri!

What can I say? We kick ass.

Nobody has such a stylish forum bar, either. I still like Kristoph's mustache.

Story writer and music lover.

And that is what you call "power to the people"... Or is it "the people have the power"?

Either way, yes, we're hard-to-the-core.
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)

I've been thinking about the "Gyakuten Not Saiban" thing a lot. With such little information, I'm most likely wrong about this. But I was thinking that it could possibly be a forensic investigator/detective simulator where you play as Ema. Personally, though I would buy it (just because it has to do with the Ace Attorney series), it wouldn't really catch my interest all that much.

Love, learn, live.

Wow! I'm glad to be a fan. I always bring my DS to school and I think I've made alot of people buy the game. Apparently at school I'm the "PW expert" people ask me for help all the time. They always huddle around me when I play. It's kinda funny really. But I'm so glad to be a part of the best PW fansite ever! (And the best Killer 7 fansite,)

Haha they were gonna go with Action Attorney? Hrmm...

Wild BLUETWO appeared!

With the lack of audible English-to-Japanese translation, this is obviously means she, Matsukawa, can understand English but has to use a translator to speak back. There's only one logical explanation.

Spoiler: 4-3
Lamiroir/Machi is an author avatar of Matsukawa!

I think the best use of sound effect in that podcast was the AA1 "Jingle ~ It Doesn't End Here" when the interview was over.
No, I seriously don't have anything else to put here besides a link that gets me rewards when people click on it.
If you like video game music, it might actually be worth your while.

Nice to hear that us PW fans are so hard core. Even better to hear that our sites have persuaded them of that. :redd: Also, congrats to the person that won one of the prizes. What I'd do for one of those...
Can't wait to see what the NGNS's going to be. Although I have to agree with Croik on thinking it's not going to be all that big. Or else you'd think that a) it would've taken them longer, or b) they would've released some info on it. But if it's related to GS, I'm all for it. :edgy:
Image Image Image Image Image
"Last daughter of your royal house/ Go I, his prisoner, because I honoured/ Those things to which honour truly belongs." Antigone, Antigone.

AIR GUITAR !!!

Man, I was so close to winning a prize (first question asked was mine)...but in the end a very informative podcast. Congrats to those who won.

Chaos wolf

All I can say is, was it ever in doubt?!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64

Trite

Hmmm... a branch series? Prosecution? Perhaps one based around police investigation and evidence collection?

What a Day. . .

Hahah, were the best of the best don't mess with us! :zenitora:

A real Big Boss

K2J wrote:
With the lack of audible English-to-Japanese translation, this is obviously means she, Matsukawa, can understand English but has to use a translator to speak back. There's only one logical explanation.

Most likely they just edited English-to-Japanese translation out of the conversation to keep the show in time limit.

Walkie Talkie Man wrote:
I feel flattered and proud to be part of the biggest and most dedicated Ace Attorney fandom on the net.

Amen :will:
I was 17 when I joined this forum. During this time I participated in a thread that made light of sexual assault and event making jokes about it. I didn't think much of it at the time other than portraying a villain. I am older, looking back see how unacceptable & disgusting. I removed the comments because I do not wish to condone this behaviour. But of course fragments remain. I can only apologise for any hurt of distress caused.

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/ https://www.samaritans.org/

Last edited by Scorchgid on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord of the Pies

The page won't load for me. Anyone have an alternate download? :payne:

Destination: anywhere but here.

Were we mentioned? Sorry, I only downloaded it last night, but it's on my I-pod right now so I can listen to in on the way home from school. *grins* As I'm sure I've said many times before, I love everyone on CR, and I am truly proud to be an active part of this HUUUUUUUUGE community! I can never thank you enough, Croik, for creating this site that has brought me many friends and hour upon hour of entertainment. /patheticspeech

Bomberkid

I <3 Edgeworth wrote:
Were we mentioned? Sorry, I only downloaded it last night, but it's on my I-pod right now so I can listen to in on the way home from school. *grins* As I'm sure I've said many times before, I love everyone on CR, and I am truly proud to be an active part of this HUUUUUUUUGE community! I can never thank you enough, Croik, for creating this site that has brought me many friends and hour upon hour of entertainment. /patheticspeech

Seconded. :will:
^Credit to 天才/sophia! <333 Thanks so much!
My fanart thread

EINSPRUCH!

Me thinks that you've caused an unintentional DOS attack.

Be there a mirror?

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

LOFL dude

Destination: anywhere but here.

Bangvang wrote:
Me thinks that you've caused an unintentional DOS attack.

Be there a mirror?

Umm... DOS?

Last edited by Clarissa Gavin on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' like it's 2024

DOS = Denial of Service attack. It's a hacking technique where a server gets blown off by the internet by being completely swamped by pointless information and service requests.

In this case though, the site appears to have been killed by legitimate activity. XD
Does we even do these things anymore?

This has nothing to do with GS5, but I don't know if you've heard, but the Phoenix Wright manga is said to be released in the United States this month by Del Rey manga. I haven't heard anything else, but just wanted to give the heads up to other PW fans. Just keep your eyes open for it. :minuki:

Srsly... Being in love is so lovely ^_^

Truth See...

Oh... :spload:

... How did I miss that? =P

Nice tho... very nice.

I am a GFXer and Anonymous ^_^
I am A male And not Gay by the way...
Have had problems with that before so just cheking...

Sultan of Swing

Heh.
Gyakuten NOT Saiban comes out on April 20th.
4/20.
Hmm. Does Edgeworth loosen up and join the rolling team at Doobie University?
Ok, I know, horrible joke. But it does make me wonder. I would agree with Himeno24Ema about it being the manga, but it seems like this is slated for a 4/20 release in Japan, and they already have the manga, so... I don't know.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Hahaha! In the Podcast, one of the Capcom Employees got their job on the Ace Attorney Project by studying a particular fan site. Oh Croiky, it's funny hearing that your website may have made or broken someone's career.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada (yes i live in canada)

Lol they are... I mean we are
sigTolombo conMagic

I was thinking about this, and it seems that either someone dropped a word somewhere or Capcom Japan changed their schedule around big time. According to every other source (GS Orchestra Blog, AA dev blog, etc.), some sort of /announcement/ regarding New Gyakuten Not Saiban is going to be revealed on 4/20 (which is the date of the concert). I believe the word the translator on the podcast may have dropped by accident is "information", and meant to say "information about the project will be released on 4/20", as this would match all the other information we have, not that the actual *insert thing we hope for here* itself will be released on 4/20.

WILD MIME JR APPEARED!

can someone explain this "Gyakuten not Saiban" thing to me? At first i thought maybe Apollo was attorney not ace because you guys didnt like him, but now i see as I read on about branch games and such , I am wrong.

uhlissaobjection wrote:
can someone explain this "Gyakuten not Saiban" thing to me? At first i thought maybe Apollo was attorney not ace because you guys didnt like him, but now i see as I read on about branch games and such , I am wrong.

First of all, "Gyakuten Saiban" does not mean "Ace Attorney". The localisation team took the liberty to come up with a new name for the localised version. "Gyakuten Saiban" means "Turnabout Court" and "New Gyakuten Not Saiban" means "New Turnabout Not Court", which makes us think it's a new Gyakuten game/movie/tv-show/etc which doesn't involve court themed stuff.

We don't know what Gyakuten Not Saiban is. According to the Capcom podcast, it's going to be released April 20th and there isn't going to be any info about it before that day.

WILD MIME JR APPEARED!

Nego wrote:
uhlissaobjection wrote:

First of all, "Gyakuten Saiban" does not mean "Ace Attorney". The localisation team took the liberty to come up with a new name for the localised version. "Gyakuten Saiban" means "Turnabout Court" and "New Gyakuten Not Saiban" means "New Turnabout Not Court", which makes us think it's a new Gyakuten game/movie/tv-show/etc which doesn't involve court themed stuff.

We don't know what Gyakuten Not Saiban is. According to the Capcom podcast, it's going to be released April 20th and there isn't going to be any info about it before that day.

OHHHHHHHHHH! thank you, now i understand. wait! NO COURT THEME!?

Yes. According to the podcast, the development of Gyakuten Saiban didn't grow directly from a court theme but a "turnabout" theme. It just happened to courts fit the role quite nicely. Maybe they're taking one of their original non-court ideas out again.

Edgey fan...

Croik, I send you my most emphatic and heartfelt THANK YOU for pointing me toward this fantastic podcast! I am really enjoying this so far!

BJ

the Rock Pokemon

Nego wrote:
First of all, "Gyakuten Saiban" does not mean "Ace Attorney". The localisation team took the liberty to come up with a new name for the localised version. "Gyakuten Saiban" means "Turnabout Court"

Yep, and that's why most of the case names include the word "Turnabout".
Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes