Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 1 of 5[ 196 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Press ConferenceTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Woo, that was a 'really' close election. Great job everyone, I was thinking we'd only get 60 or so votes for each character, we really went above and beyond with that, it just goes to show how active we are as a group.

Now, on to business.

For this contest, we need to develop our 10 reasons why we think Gant should be in office. Psh, anyone can make a list with 10 items why someone should do or be something. We're Court-Records.net. We've got 156 custom Gyaktuen Saiban smilies, we've gotten a blurb in a magazine. Surely we can do better then a simple list right?

Right.

So, if we want to win this, lets go the extra mile. Lets turn our ten reasons into a narrative, an interview. Something acted out with sprites and stuff. Something that'll make the judges turn and say 'wow!'.

Here's my proposal, but feel free to call fowl or change things or what not. Or even re-write from scratch, I don't care. This is just to give us a head start.

-------

Our narrative starts out in the "Good News Bad Timing" News Studio that was hosted by Edgy and Maya with those silly Payne Glasses in the GS4 Promo. Edgy and Maya will introduce our readers and judges to what's been happening specifically with the election, maybe open with a blurb bout Mike Haggar.

Then they switch to on scene reporter Ema in the press conference in the courtroom.

We'd cut to the courtroom, you'd see Ema at the Defense Aid Position, Gant at the Witness Stand, Udgy at the Judge's stand and Von Karma at the prosecutor's desk.

Udgy calls the press conference to order and Ema will ask Gant 10 interview questions, our ten reasons for Gant to get elected.

Or at-least, 10 reasons why 'he' thinks he should get elected or what he'll be doing as President etc. The questions will be marked out during the interview.

Now, at some point during the conference, I think it might be neat if Phoenix OBJECTION's into the courtroom demanding that Gant not be made president. This should be done in my mind either mid way through the questions or later, but we'll remain flexible. This is all up to public debate.

At this point, Phoenix takes over the questions, and Ema is pushed off to the side, doing defense aidy things and continuing the telecast to "Good News Bad Timing"

In the end however, because this is really Gant's election and not Phoenix's, Phoenix doesn't succeed and Gant 'wins' the press-conference.

Then we revert back to "Good News Bad Timing" and Edgy and Maya give their two cents on the Press conference.

-------

That's the end of my outline.

-------

Now for our Questions/Reasons. I know of a few I think we should cover, but I'm drawing a blank on what else we should bring up. But as I said, this is something to get us started, we could drop everything and re-write it.

And as a note, the questions are in a random order, we'll need to reorganize them later. These are only ones that I've come up with.

1. The Preliminary Election against Phoenix

It sure was a tight election, we should have Gant share his thoughts on the preliminary election against Phoenix and how he ultimately won.

If possible for this one, I'd like to track down the person who created "Phoenix Wrong: No Shit Sherlock", see if we can't get him to let us use the segment where Von Karma crushes Phoenix with the Bulldozer, I think that'd be a funny way to explain away how Gant's team ran away with the pre-ballot.

2. Criminal Records

Gant's Criminal Record isn't exactly polished chrome, much less our tentative running mate Von Karma. This might be a good question for Phoenix to push in their faces. At this point Gant and Co bring up Phoenix's criminal record, Hobohodo, and that silly pink shirt. Also address that other nominees records aren't spotless either.

3. Cabinet Members

Now with this one we can get silly. If you're Gant who're you going to apply for the various open positions? These should be really really really questionable. Make the reader wonder where their 'nation' is headed with all these questionable applicants.

Here's some Ideas I'm floating about

Vice President: Von Karma - Popular choice
Devasque: Secretary of Health - She's a smoker, the internal irony is enough to make you laugh.
Redd White: Treasurer - We're going to need his bling-bling animation, make it look totally like he intends to spend every penny.
Godot: Education - The cut with him will replace Soda & Sports drinks with Coffee Pots in every cafeteria across the nation

Feel Free to add to this list.

4. Gant's outlook on the competition

Why does Gant think he's better suited for the job then say Mike Haggar? Perhaps address that while Mike takes the law into his own hands and goes out and beats someone up where the law won't suit him, Gant will flippantly make things legal and illegal so he doesn't have to break his own laws. He also has an extensive knowledge of law that manipulating it without having to go into the paper work is second nature. Make people wonder about the future consequences.

--------
Those are all I can think of and post coherently.

Feel free to make suggestions, make edits, even contribute banners and pics and stuff. We're going to win this thing.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: Press ConferenceTopic%20Title

The Missing Link

<- Bling Bling animation? or do you mean the whole sprite? Redd White

Is that outline thing going to be just text or a whole movie (in flash or whatever)

Well, seeing as the people who wanted this "Haggar" character with his some his reasons being "Mustache" and "He where a belt like a real man" I can't see why can't do things like "He has pink shades" or "He has a badass tie" or "he's shocking"

Who knows, anymore?

Apeman1813 wrote:

Is that outline thing going to be just text or a whole movie (in flash or whatever)

Well, seeing as the people who wanted this "Haggar" character with his some his reasons being "Mustache" and "He where a belt like a real man" I can't see why can't do things like "He has pink shades" or "He has a badass tie" or "he's shocking"

I was actually thinking that we'd do something along to lines of a Sprite Comic.

The Missing Link

fapman wrote:
Apeman1813 wrote:

I was actually thinking that we'd do something along to lines of a Sprite Comic.

That could work to, and it would be easier and faster to produce while still giving the sense of a good presentation Phoenix

Struck by a blunt objection

I think it is achiavable with MechaBowsers. it can do all of which has been suggested to be used. Von Karma

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Might be best in flash and/or video file, I think. That way, you can project it easily on other sites (YouTube'd), and it can look real cool Gant

What is my liiiife?!?

Flash, It's the one that would work best. And it would be easier to add the buldozer scene to it.

Gerkuman wrote:
Flash, It's the one that would work best. And it would be easier to add the buldozer scene to it.

bulldozer scene?! XD

I think using MechaBowsers tool to create an interactive movie would be the best. And you get to click! Sal

"What is this...?"

Wooster wrote:
2. Criminal Records

Gant's Criminal Record isn't exactly polished chrome, much less our tentative running mate Von Karma. This might be a good question for Phoenix to push in their faces. At this point Gant and Co bring up Phoenix's criminal record, Hobohodo, and that silly pink shirt. Also address that other nominees records aren't spotless either.

Are GS4 spoilers OK?
Spoiler:
After all, Phoenix's use of forged evidence in that trial that cost him his badge would probably be a pretty noteworthy criminal act, as would be the time he passed forged evidence on Odoroki and messed with the crime scene of that case.

ImageFuture Edgeworth!

A fully voiced, propaganda-filled flash animation would be hotness.
Not to mention very achievable, with the many resources we have available.

What is my liiiife?!?

MechB's system isn't powerful enough, and can't do full voices and music. Plus, that would mean everyone would have to download it, when flash can be embedded straight into the page. :D

Arutica: Attorney at NYAAH

Sprite comic or flash would be nice. I have no experience in flash, but if you want I can fix my Uncle Gant sprite sheet and add more poses ;)

Master of sharp things!

I don't know if we should go the extra mile for an entire video interview, per se, but a nice little propaganda commercial for Gant would be nice. If anyone's seen the commercials most political parties air, where they denounce the opponent and make their guy look better, that's what I imagine we could do well.

Gerkuman wrote:
MechB's system isn't powerful enough, and can't do full voices and music. Plus, that would mean everyone would have to download it, when flash can be embedded straight into the page. :D

I don't see why there should be full voices, and music is easily done...

For Great Justice!

Don't think I am saying this out of spite, but MechB's case maker has certain limitations when it comes to this kind of thing. So will mine, possibly, when it's out. The things that have been mentioned can't be achieved very easily, and let's face it - like Gerkuman said, people would much rather have it embedded in a web page rather than downloading some risky-looking ZIP files. (No, I'm not prejudiced about ZIPs (or EXEs for that matter), but I think most people viewing it would just find it easier with a Flash file. Gymshoe)

Don't get me started on file sizes...

Who knows, anymore?

Hmmmmmmmm...the reason why I suggested a Sprite Comic in the first place was due to the issue with "how much time do we have to prepare for this contest?" Now, I'll shut up and go with the flow of "let's do it in Flash" opinions if we have enough time to crank out the actual Flash (enough time being at the minimum 3-5 months). Otherwise, I'm sticking by my original opinion of "Let's make a series of Sprite Comics".

On the other hand, if you wanna make "Propaganda Commercials" in Flash or Video, I'm all for it, as well.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

First of all, this an '08 Election contest. We have over a year - just about any project can be accomplished in that amount of time.

A flash sounds good, but at the same time my understanding of the contest is that the most important part will be Gant's Campaign page, with the "10 reasons" as the highlight. CR has the space that we can have editorals and compaign commercials and whatever else a presidential candidate site would have. I like Wooster's idea of using other PW characters to promote him as well.

Maybe even a (controlled, tasteful) smear campaign against Haggar? Von Karma

Sprite comics are good, but they ought to be sized double for presenation, just to make them more visible (IMO).

Maybe we should check out some actual campaign sites, get an idea for how authentic we can make it.
ImageImage

Well, we can easily make several items. I know I'll try my hand at the Game type version.

Who knows, anymore?

...well, if we have over a year, that's more than enough time. I'll agree with the Flash/Video idea, as well as my Sprite Comic idea, then.

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

XD I WANNA TRY DOING SOME OF THE VOICES! *SQUEEE!* It sounds like fun, Wooster! I'm sure everyone can't wait to get started!
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

Who knows, anymore?

...yep, I wanna try doing some of the voices, too, when they get around to making the Flash/Video.

Croik wrote:
Maybe even a (controlled, tasteful) smear campaign against Haggar? Von Karma

Sounds good Frank Sawit

BIKE MONEY!

Who will be making the Flash movie? Knock Knock

Who knows, anymore?

RevFirst wrote:
Who will be making the Flash movie? Knock Knock

That's why we need some time. We need to figure out who's going to be doing what.

I have this feeling though you'll probably be one of the people we'll be asking to help with this project.

Gant '08

von karmas new dirt: Haggar actually takes steroids.

Fleeka wrote:
von karmas new dirt: Haggar actually takes steroids.

Worse: Haggar sells pulverised pubic hair as steroids! Von Karma

heres one more:

Damon : I pledge allegiance to the awesomeness of Myself

Damon : and to the Mayhem for which I stand.

Gant : One nation under Me, everything, without liberty or justice for anyone.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Saaaaaay, before we decide on the medium, wouldn't it be a better idea if we started creating the other reasons? Can't start making a ham sandwich when we've got peanut butter and jelly.

In terms of Flash Vs. Fan-Program Vs. Sprite Comic, do we have people who would be capable of taking a script and actually turning it into something presentable? I'm just going to throw my two cents out and see where they land with people.

If we went with the Fan-Program route, who'd make the document (I'm automatically out of the question being a Mac person)? And are they stable enough to present? I honestly can't tell as I can't view those applications.

Flash is another great option, and everyone can view it. My only concern is do we have anyone who can take a massive script and turn it into something entertaining? I mean, flash is incredibly flexible with the intent to be able to do practically anything, while at the same time not refined for any one specific purpose. It's really the opposite end of the fan program route.

The Sprite comic is an excellent idea (in my mind at least), they're not complicated to make and we have direct control over the output. The only drawback is that it doesn't have the flare of the other two options. I say we default to this if the alternative solutions don't take off.

(hint hint, sign up if you think you can do 'presentable' fan-program, Flash, Sprite comic etc.)

But right now, I'd rather see us make up our case and our ten reasons.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Who knows, anymore?

...why do I have this feeling that hundreds of CR members are looking at me to do a Sprite Comic?

I mean, I will do a Sprite Comic, if you guys work out a decent Script for me to work with.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Darzie did a lot of script writing for Phoenix Wrong: Next Gen and has a musical archive of over 1,700 songs..
fuck

What is my liiiife?!?

I'd be happy to do some writing for the flash movie, editorials etc. I may be able to do a election broadcast in flash (Not the interview tho, too much for me)

BIKE MONEY!

Think
Thanks fapman and DarzieP.
Still, I'm quiet busy with the project and will be updated tomorrow.
...Anyways, aren't there other Flash animators around here that could take the place?
Screw it, we have all-year!

Last edited by RevFirst on Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawyer Extraordinaire

Maybe a line by line debunking of this Haggar thing.
Most stuff applies to Gant as well.

Reason 1:
Damon I've devoted my entire life to fighting crime...
Damon ...
Damon ...
Damon ...
Gant ...or didn't you hear me?

Lana as first lady!
Gant And my loyal wife, Lana Skye Gant!
Lana What?! I'd never marry you!
Gant Lana and I go WAAAAAY back...
Lana Get away from me!!
Gant Gotta love her! And back to the conference!

That's one of my rules.

Hey, everyone. I made a small sprite comic about Gant. I hope it raises his polls.

Spoiler: Small GS4 Case 2 Spoiler
EDIT: The second four should be five. My mistake.

Last edited by Wizard Anon on Thu May 03, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guilty as Charged

I really like the idea of the flash videos. I'll be going back and replaying the case this weekend so I'll give any suggestions then.

Lawyer Extraordinaire

Clip:
In times like this, strong people are needed.
To mantain our well being... [Dee fades in and out]
To safeguard our economy... [Redd fades in and out]
To protect our children... [Javado fades in and out]
And someone...to lead them all.
Gant Jolly good! Have you gone swimming lately?
VOTE GANT 2008.
Von Karma Or I'll TASER YOOO!! Taser

ROCK AND ROLL! HIGH SPEED!

Location: Inside Edgey's closet. Shhhh! Don't tell him I'm here!

We have to fight with everything we've got, people! Haggar has weebl and bob as Team Laser Explosion after all!
My art thread!
My sprite thread! Calando in progress
Phoenix Wright and co.:Ace Mythbusters! Myth 2 finished
First AA fanfic: Childhood Turnabout (finished)
And my devart site
My billboard signature! *gets pelted with tomatoes*

I'd like to help Gant. At first I didn't know how should I do that, but then I realize I could help him with his campaign. So, I did this little flyer to help him:
If you find any typos, please inform me. And if you have your own ideas for Gant Grants, feel free to tell me so I can make more! (I really got into this Gant )

Oh yeah. If you feel that that logo should be edited, please tell me which part I should edit and how. Thank you.

Eh, I'll finish my Uncle Sam/Gant sheet once my laptop is fixed, and then you can use them for whatever you want in the Gant campaign :P

Queen Of The Mods

I could help with the script, if you're desperate. But I'll get busy campaigning for Gant as soon as I can get on my PC. (I'm using a Mac at the mo, and I just don't know how to work them. Pretty though.) Sprite edits and Microsoft Paint away!
Actually, now that I remember, there's some sort of election on at the moment here in the UK. Which means- Party Political Broadcasts! I'll see if I can find any on later, so I can steal their ideas. Edgy

What is my liiiife?!?

Possible Slogan:
Vote Gant 2008
-Or didn't we make ourselves clear?

Wait, the Weebles crew are helping Haggar? This is going to be a close race...

Last edited by Gerkuman on Fri May 04, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 1 of 5 [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River