Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 1 of 2[ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Online Phoenix Wright TCG + WEBSITE IS NOW UP!Topic%20Title

Scientifically Magical Detective O_o

I've got the website for the TCG up:

http://flaming-cactus.net/overruled

Not much there, except for the cards page which has about 9 decks done at this time ^^

LATEST UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Ok, some of you are probably drawing :udgy: blanks, so here is an example of what I'm talking about.

A TCG: http://platinum.cloudy-skies.net/

Online TCGs basically work like any TCG.. but online xD (and usually with special extras). You play games/participate in contests/trade with other users to collect all the cards you want... its pretty addicting, and its especially fun when the TCGs are exclusively one fandom (like Final Fantasy, Dr Who, etc.)

For like... 4 years now, I've wanted to make my own, but its an extremely time-consuming endeavor, and if you do it by yourself.... never gets done.

I FINALLY found the perfect subject for a TCG: Phoenix Wright!!!

The only problem is that PW is VERY VERY VERY, VERY VERY VERY, VERY VERY VERY VEEEEEEERRRRRRYYYYYYY extensive. The number of characters alone are mind boggling. :meekins:

I REALLY would like to create a PW TCG, and I figure that there are many people in this community who really love the fandom and would have a fun time with this, but I need help.

CALLING ALL OF THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO USE PHOTOSHOP (OR PAINT SHOP PRO).

I need some help with CARD CREATION. Cards are, obviously, the heart of the TCG.

I was thinking of doing a deck for every character and every case. There will also be special puzzle decks (its where all of the cards are a piece of the puzzle, and when you have them all it forms one image).

Court Records has a massive collection of sprites and official artwork, there will be no trouble with finding the images.

There will be 15 cards per deck. I'm debating the idea of having 5 "special ultra-rare" cards in every deck.

Here are my 2 current designs (plus an extra one I made, but I don't really like :P) that I've narrowed down for the possible card designs. The puzzle decks will have a different kind of card design, but you don't need to worry about that :) I'll make them.

Image and Image

This is the other design, but its kind of meh XP : Image

Right now I'll be taking votes on what designs you like best. PLEASE reply with which is your favorite, I want to get this down as quickly as possible.

Once we've chosen a design, I will need some of you to help me create the decks. There is just too many for me to do alone. I will need a handful of people to help me out. I would REALLLLYYY appreciate it.

And anyone who helps create decks will be GREATLY rewarded in the game ^___^

I will provide everything you need to make the decks, you will just have to snag the images and make the cards.

There will be a PSD file of the actual card template. The font used (which is Pixies, size 7), the pattern used (if you pick design 2), and other instructions.

Obviously there is transparency used in BOTH designs, and they need to be saved in PNG format.

Please post your thoughts about this project here, pick a card design, and if you help me out I will so f***ing love you forever <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I REALLY want to make this a reality, but I can't do it alone :larry:

UPDATE - JULY 9TH

I've decided on a few things.

There will be 2 different kinds of character decks: Sprite Character Decks (worth 1) and Special Character Decks (worth 2). As for other decks there will be couple decks (worth 2), puzzle decks (worth 1) and a Case deck (ft images from all cases) (worth 3). The case deck is VERY special, you will get a great reward for mastering it :gant:

You can master all of these decks, but depending on the ones you choose to master will determine the level of difficulty you wish to play the game with.

Leveling up will comprise of how much WORTH your cards are, rather then how many cards you actually HAVE. If you choose to master cards with a higher worth, then you will have less cards then someone who collects the sprite character decks or puzzle decks, but you'll have greater or equal card WORTHS then someone who is collecting the lower worth cards. And you can collect both lower worth and higher worth cards at the same time.

I'm trying to come up with ideas for an interactive game, where you actually can participate in solving cases and winning trials for rewards... However... I don't really have the time to come up with someone THAT extensive, so anyone out there who LOVES writing up their own cases.. you're help would be greatly appreciated.

There will also be the TCG games and contests that go towards earning more cards.

There will be various themed contests and events.

Last edited by Arei on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Online Phoenix Wright TCG + Idea Dump/HELP NEEDEDTopic%20Title

The best damn attorney you'll ever know

I'll help in anyway possible! :lunches: I unfortunately dont have Photoshop or Paint shop pro, but I have other programs. I read over the rules of that platinum site thingy and do you have a site set up? I can help with that or something...

Do you have an idea of what the rules are going to be?

but yeah, PM me anytime

Mwahahahaha... I know you too well...

Deviant art I have barely any watchers so some people actually looking at my stuff would be nice.

Last edited by Alcotholic on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Right now, the most important thing is getting cards done and ready to go. Once this starts getting into motion I will start setting up everything else.

Its basically collecting cards by participating in games and contests that will be up on the TCG site, and then trading with other users. There aren't that many guidelines, except that you can't cheat and just "take" cards.

When you sign up to join, you receive a starter pack, which contains a few random cards plus a few cards from the deck of your choosing. You then usually try to complete, or master, the deck that you first choose, then go onto mastering another deck.

Last edited by Arei on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arei wrote:

Right now, the most important thing is getting cards done and ready to go. Once this starts getting into motion I will start setting up everything else.

Its basically collecting cards by participating in games and contests that will be up on the TCG site, and then trading with other users. There aren't that many guidelines, except that you can't cheat and just "take" cards.

When you sign up to join, you receive a starter pack, which contains a few random cards plus a few cards from the deck of your choosing. You then usually try to complete, or master, the deck that you first choose, then go onto mastering another deck.

Ahh yes...
I like the one with Klavier.

ok. where did you get your card shape thingies?

Deviant art I have barely any watchers so some people actually looking at my stuff would be nice.

Super Tuff Pink Puff

I think have to say that I the second design the best of the 3. The first design is too Kingdom Heart-ish and third design is kinda bland. Also, Don't do 5 special ultra-rare, that's too many. Keep it simple in rarity as your making a complex game. A Common/Uncommon/Rare/Promo system should work fine.

I can't actually help make the apperance of the cards as all I have it is Paint. However, I can help build decks, design the function for cards and perhaps even test-play them. I have designed 4 Magic The Gathering sets a few years back, so once I get a basic ideas of rules, I can work all kinds of magic from there.

So, has an actually rules besides those above been developed yet, like how the game is played? :yuusaku:

Alcotholic wrote:
Arei wrote:

Ahh yes...
I like the one with Klavier.

ok. where did you get your card shape thingies?

Actually, all of these designs are very old card designs that my friends and I made like... geez xD years ago when we were throwing out design ideas for our own TCGS.

And its ok if you can't help with the decks, I will need help with other things as well.

Aside from doing the decks, you have to tend to the join forms, other submitted forms, games, contests, etc. Theres alot to run on the actual site. Also any and all ideas for contests are appreciated :)

I don't have the means here to really set up alot of tutorials (slow dial-up and slow slow computer XP) but when I get home I can try to create a few things.

I will be running the TCG off of my site, so HTML/PHP and FTP knowledge is required... its REALLY not that difficult, but it seems VERY confusing the very first time you do it xD

ButzPuff wrote:
I think have to say that I the second design the best of the 3. The first design is too Kingdom Heart-ish and third design is kinda bland. Also, Don't do 5 special ultra-rare, that's too many. Keep it simple in rarity as your making a complex game. A Common/Uncommon/Rare/Promo system should work fine.

I can't actually help make the apperance of the cards as all I have it is Paint. However, I can help build decks, design the function for cards and perhaps even test-play them. I have designed 4 Magic The Gathering sets a few years back, so once I get a basic ideas of rules, I can work all kinds of magic from there.

So, has an actually rules besides those above been developed yet, like how the game is played? :yuusaku:

MAGIC?!?!?!?!?! I love that game. what did you do for the set?

heh heh... sorry for being really hyper, but its my favorite card game... :edgy:

and I know some HTML coding and some BBcoding. I have had experience with both and it really isnt too hard. So would you like me to join the TCG site?

Last edited by Alcotholic on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

ButzPuff wrote:

.......... omg xD It DOES look like the KH cards!!! (actually, my friend designed that card template before CoM ever came out xD This is an old template I used when I was thinking of making a Fullmetal Alchemist TCG)

Its not a game where you actually "play" the cards, its all about collecting the cards.

You play games to earn cards (and also earn currency you can use to buy more cards).

And about the "5 rare cards", these are just 5 special cards each deck that are double in worth (meaning you would have to trade 2 regular cards with someone to receive one special card, or a special card for a special card).

I found a site with some interesting templates

http://www.heavenly-garden.com/site.php?id=templates

And more templates at the bottom of the page

http://www.daystar-design.net/avatartemplates.php

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Arei wrote:
ButzPuff wrote:

.......... omg xD It DOES look like the KH cards!!! (actually, my friend designed that card template before CoM ever came out xD This is an old template I used when I was thinking of making a Fullmetal Alchemist TCG)

Its not a game where you actually "play" the cards, its all about collecting the cards.

You play games to earn cards (and also earn currency you can use to buy more cards).

Talk about a coincidence XD

Yeah, I kinda misread before and I'm sorry about it that. But I can help design the variation of cards before someone shops it together, to try to help make each one different. You wouldn't like common card to very similar to a rare card afterall. And if that's the case, Perhaps 4 might work better to just make them a little harder to get.

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Alcotholic wrote:

I, personally, like the templates from here. My personal choices would the first of either the first row or the fourth row.

@Alcotholic: I didn't work on the cards in print themselves but I have designed 4 fan sets which people have liked. I also help many others on one of the most popular Magic Fourms. A few of the ideas have even later showed in the game with their own tweaks. :keiko:

ButzPuff wrote:
Alcotholic wrote:

I, personally, like the templates from here. My personal choices would the first of either the first row or the fourth row.

@Alcotholic: I didn't work on the cards in print themselves but I have designed 4 fan sets which people have liked. I also help many others on one of the most popular Magic Fourms. A few of the ideas have even later showed in the game with their own tweaks. :keiko:

yeah, the sites templates are only a suggestion.

and thats cool. I play magic on and off at times, but it is still my secret lover.
The strange thing is is that they made the new designs for the new cards because the old cards were too strong, but now they are going back to cards that are just as strong or even stronger. I find it ironic.

The rare cards wouldn't look exactly the same as the common cards. And I'm thinking of only having the 3 types. Common, rare, and puzzle.

I'll probably make a layout and start putting the site up... but right now, getting decks started is more important xDDD Really, there are ALOT of characters (we atleast need all of the MAJOR characters done before opening, minor characters can come later), plus the cases.

I will start making decks, but I really don't have the time (nor patience) on this computer for all of the images to load X_X Its an even slower process here in dial-up land, when I'm at home I can throw crap out extremely fast, but not here (HOPEFULLY we'll be getting highspeed here VERY soon).

ok well, I have just started working on apollo

TLS Admin and Representative

Okay. The first idea looks way too much like it was ripped from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

I can use GIMP semi-well. I'm not really good with sprite art, but I can copy and paste various images together.

I think the second one is a little too Phantasy Star-ish, personally and the third would be okay if it was touched up a bit.

If I may, allow me to give you some of my own ideas for card designs:

NOTE: This was meant to be the first post, but I wasted time on samples which apparently don't seem to be effective with the software you're using...

EDIT: If, for some reason, you can use these, I originally saved them in .xcf format which I can easily convert to .psd or whatever kind of image file you wish while retaining all of the layers.

Last edited by Hakuro de Killer on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The first design my friend did as a template for the FMA TCG I planned to do... Which we did before CoM ever came out :) So technically its not a rip.

Thanks for the suggestion :) I like it.... but... think of the dial-up people.

Can you imagine having 50 of those on 1 page??? Firefox on here would CRASH, BURN, and HORRIBLY DIE. :beef:

BUT what you suggested are generally what are used for LEVEL BADGES. They're an image that size you put on your site page to show what level you are at (which is determined by how many cards you have) These are really important, and everyone can contribute sets of level badges (once I figure out the levels xD)

Online TCG cards are small.

Here are some other examples:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Heres a difference of badges. This was from my friend's old Fruits Basket TCG.
Regular card: Image
Episode card: Image

I will create a deck as an example tomorrow, as well start setting up the site so you get a more general idea xDD

this is the one I made. You can tell its quick and I dont have the right filter to make it look really special, but anyone can fix it if they like. The font is a little hard to read, but please fix if you want to. Or just not use it. Do what ever with it, but I can still learn what to do better, so if you want me to make any more I can do so and learn along the way.

Last edited by Alcotholic on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

A fad in a castle

Eh. There was a much better AA TCG (No offense if taken, really) here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=626 But I think it got abandoned.

Still, I wish you all luck.
ImageImageImage

I don't really play too many of the TCGs with the small icons there. I'm mainly an Alteil player myself which are full-blown card images. Anyway, I suppose I can shrink them down a little...

EDIT: Just because I'm throwing ideas out there, I was thinking of a Jump Ultimate Stars-style cards/deck system. I'll be back when I get it done!

EDIT2: I just did this for fun using a screencap form Jump! Ultimate Stars as a base pic and added Phoenix Wright images:

6 Koma: Phoenix and Larry
3 Koma (L-Shape): Edgeworth
2 Koma: Payne
1 Koma: Gumshoe (Linked with Edgeworth), Grossberg, Maya (Linked with Phoenix)

Also, for those of you who don't know the Koma system, here's a brief description:

1 Koma: Help Koma. They grant the linked character special abilities which may or may not differ between characters.
2 and 3 Koma: Assist Koma. Activating these will allow these Koma to attack once at the cost of one SP.
4+ Koma: These are Fighter Koma. They are your main fighters and who you control and attack with.

Alcotholic wrote:
this is the one I made. You can tell its quick and I don't have the right filter to make it look really special, but anyone can fix it if they like. The font is a little hard to read, but please fix if you want to. Or just not use it. Do what ever with it, but I can still learn what to do better, so if you want me to make any more I can do so and learn along the way.

That really isn't bad. I can send you the font if you want. Its Pixies (a pixel font).

And you did good with the red :) I had planned on different color schemes for decks (like there would be red, blue, green, purple, orange, and black decks, then silver for the rare cards).

And I changed it around to having one rare card per deck. I've got 2 decks done so far, I'll post them up in a bit.

..... This it not an actual GAME-GAME that you PLAY. These are COLLECTIBLE CARDS.

You don't play GAMES WITH the cards, you play games to GET the cards.

Games range from trivia, image puzzles, guess the character, guess the card, and various other little things with evil, evil little scripts xD.

This is not meant to be complicated to play. The complicated part is actually making all of the cards and putting the site together (as there are a million little scripts xD). Its something you do for fun.

I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. I'm about to start putting up the site and I'll post rules and guidelines and the like.

As this is a "hobby", I don't have all the time in the world to make this as complicated as it could be. Once this gets up and going, we could try implementing a battle system into it.... but I'll warn yall that it isn't as easy as you think... I tried to help another TCG owner implement a system like that into her TCG.. the theory is fun, but there's a mind boggling amount of work that has to go into it X_X More complicated then I wanted to mess with.

This is meant to be enjoyed, not stress out over xDD I'm doing it more as a stress reliever rather then a stress maker. Of course theres a huge amount of work that goes into this (which is why I need help with deck making, not game planning.), but it's not meant to be in-depth or complicated. Its purely for fun. You get the fun from playing games, collecting cards, and trading with friends.

Well that's no fun. So it isn't actually a TCG at all, just a string of Collectible Cards. Well, I wish you the best of luck with that, then.

Arei wrote:
That really isn't bad. I can send you the font if you want. Its Pixies (a pixel font).

And you did good with the red :) I had planned on different color schemes for decks (like there would be red, blue, green, purple, orange, and black decks, then silver for the rare cards).

And I changed it around to having one rare card per deck. I've got 2 decks done so far, I'll post them up in a bit.

I would definitely like the font :godot:

and do you think its good enough to keep? I can fix it if you want.

I want to keep the font for each card uniform, but the card you made itself is usable (you might want to think of a different name then "attorney" for Apollo's deck).

I'm throwing you together a pack of templates, the pattern overlay, the font and some other stuff right now.

I said we could /try/ to implement a battle system, or some sort of extra game. Before we go that far, decks need to get done first.

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Well that's no fun. So it isn't actually a TCG at all, just a string of Collectible Cards. Well, I wish you the best of luck with that, then.

TCG stands for "Trading Card Game" not "Battle Card Game" :)

Arei wrote:
I want to keep the font for each card uniform, but the card you made itself is usable (you might want to think of a different name then "attorney" for Apollo's deck).

I'm throwing you together a pack of templates, the pattern overlay, the font and some other stuff right now.

I said we could /try/ to implement a battle system, or some sort of extra game. Before we go that far, decks need to get done first.

If you want to add a battle system, I can help formulate the rules.

Arei wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:

Well if there's no "game" potential for them at this point, no use labeling it a game until such elements are implemented, yeah?

this is the final cut

I'll help - I have paint shop pro. =]

I like the second template but maybe it should be ... longer? Like the first one but without the triangles on the top. I just think that a square is very un-card-like. All the ones you posted from other sites are either longer vertically or horizontally.

Like this:

Anyway I can help with whatever you need me to do, but I'm going to vermont for four days tomorrow SO if you need anything done in the next four days I can't do it.

My OTP of OTP's. <3

This sounds awesome. ^_^ I probably can't offer any help with it, but I can offer... uh, moral support? :oops:

Good luck! :edgy:
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

A fad in a castle

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Arei wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:

Well if there's no "game" potential for them at this point, no use labeling it a game until such elements are implemented, yeah?

It may as well be called TC or TCC = trading card collection. :P
ImageImageImage

Ambiance wrote:

I like the second template but maybe it should be ... longer? Like the first one but without the triangles on the top. I just think that a square is very un-card-like. All the ones you posted from other sites are either longer vertically or horizontally.

Like this:

Anyway I can help with whatever you need me to do, but I'm going to vermont for four days tomorrow SO if you need anything done in the next four days I can't do it.

Thats really awesome. I wish I had something like Paint shop pro or Photo Shop

Ambiance wrote:

Like this:

=O Nice card.

With what I had, I was just shooting for something... different.

Some things are coming up, so I don't know if I'm going to get to this project as fast as I want to. So... I don't think much will get done in the next 4 days xDD.

I had to take PSP off of this computer and I don't have the disk anymore D= I'd have to send you just PNG files, I don't have a way to convert it to the psp template.

?? so should we hold off on this project till you're not busy anymore?

this is the final cut

fyi I'm back so just let me know if you need help with anything. =]

Ah! I forgot about this thing. I'm still here to help too if there is any needed.

Detective... Well, not yet.

I'm an expert with GIMP and Paint, if that's any help plus I love the Klavier one.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9912 < --- Franziska X Phoenix Fan Fiction =P

<insert awesome signature that totally PWNS here>
Current AA Project: Turnabout... Love?
Re: Online Phoenix Wright TCG + NEW INFO/HELP STILL NEEDEDTopic%20Title

I've added in some new info up top.
Re: Online Phoenix Wright TCG + WEBSITE IS NOW UP!Topic%20Title

The TCG site is finally up, plus more new info up top :)
Re: Online Phoenix Wright TCG + WEBSITE IS NOW UP!Topic%20Title

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Site is looking great and so do the cards! The only thing I need to mention is that If I hit the join link, it lead me back to the homepage. Is that suppose to happen? :yuusaku:
Page 1 of 2 [ 45 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence