Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 45[ 1781 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 45  Next

Re: Persona 3Topic%20Title

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

I hope they expand upon the Social Link system (or something similar) The idea of integrating character development and getting to know people with gameplay was ingenious. In fact, I hope they make the out-of-battle parts of the game longer and more in-depth...I had a lot of fun in P3 tooling around places, exploring, talking to people, seeing stuff in the city...I almost didn't want to go into Tartarus. XD I hope there is a lot of opportunity for character interactions in P4...I'm sure there will be.

It seems that there's going to be more outdoors, rural places to explore in P4. Very cool.

Idol of Polar Bears

The open-ended aspect of Persona 3 seemed underdeveloped. Fortunately, FES is - for better or worse - remedying it. You can now explore the mall outlets that you couldn't go into before and take Koromaru out for walks on the off chance of meeting someone. I would love to see an expanded open-ended environment for Persona 4. Have more chances for character interaction and special events that you can trigger by accomplishing certain tasks - so long as the game doesn't beat you over the head with what to do for each one; that would suck hard and make the game that less engaging.

WOOSH!!!

anyone else liked the opening song?
IT WORKS!!! I AM ONE CAN SHORT OF A SIX PACK!!!
You know, theres a lot of Franziska+Adrian sketches, but I'd like to see some Adrian+Maggey sketches.
Holy Hell wrote:
Europonians? On my internet? Naah, couldn't be.

Idol of Polar Bears

I didn't like it very much. Too poppy for my tastes.

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Burn My Dread is fucking awesome >:D

The last-battle version of it is even more epic.

WOOSH!!!

Writer Awakened wrote:
Burn My Dread is fucking awesome >:D

The last-battle version of it is even more epic.

i got it on my ipod
IT WORKS!!! I AM ONE CAN SHORT OF A SIX PACK!!!
You know, theres a lot of Franziska+Adrian sketches, but I'd like to see some Adrian+Maggey sketches.
Holy Hell wrote:
Europonians? On my internet? Naah, couldn't be.

Like most of the music in P3 (and P3 itself), I thought it was absolutely terrible at first but ended up growing on me.

The defender of Justice!

I just bought FES today. I dunno. It's an ok game, The beginning takes forever! So when does the game pick up and get better?
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

Scientifically Magical Detective O_o

Since I could not freakin find Persona 3 anywhere (for a decent price) I preordered FES and picked it up today.

I haven't started it yet ToT I will tomorrow probably. This game looks EXTREMELY interesting. I love the in-depth character development.

Megaten > FF anyday <3

Idol of Polar Bears

winged cloud wrote:
I just bought FES today. I dunno. It's an ok game, The beginning takes forever! So when does the game pick up and get better?

First boss fight.

The defender of Justice!

When will I fight the boss? Im about 3days after you can control what you do after school.
Image Image Image

Idol of Polar Bears

Spoiler: Boss fights
May 9th, I believe. You fight a boss on the Full Moon of every month, except for December and partly January.

Timid... sigh...

Well... this is one of the 2 games actually i play... {the other is AJ}... I'm actually in the day before to the full moon in september... My main is at Lv43... I'm training everyone... {Fuuka, Ken & Akihiko have learned all the abilities they can at the moment}... & I'm using some personas... but the one I'm training right now is Saki Mitama... {I think what I used for obtain that fuse was Kusi Mitama... Flauros & Orobas}...

And I buyed the game here in Spain... at 07/Apr... the same day that you begin in the game...

PS: Sorry for my pour/poor English... :udgy:
Thanks to Apollo72 for the Sig...

I win as a Vanilla Townie in AAO Mafia Round Tenniversary Edition...

The defender of Justice!

well I finally just beat the journey in persona 3 fes. I must say it was one hell of a ending (the good one not the bad one) Anyone else think the ending was great and shouldve just stopped there and not made a answer segment? I May not know what the answer holds yet ( havent played it) but I was satsfied with how the journey ended... without spoilers is the answer actually a good story? ( FES only owners would really get what i mean unless they looked it up online)
Image Image Image

Idol of Polar Bears

Just play it for yourself. It's not like you have anything to lose. Not that I've played "The Answer" yet.

An Newbie

must necrobump thread! oh wait the last post was only a week ago. this place moves faster than I had expected.

I would guess that you two have played The Answer by now. if not then I suggest doing so next chance although things are much more difficult than The Journey. I'm not too far in myself, been busy with a few new things like Digital Devil Saga, Grandia 2, and, ha, Pheonix Wright.

stirring

Mr. Bear wrote:
The open-ended aspect of Persona 3 seemed underdeveloped. Fortunately, FES is - for better or worse - remedying it. You can now explore the mall outlets that you couldn't go into before and take Koromaru out for walks on the off chance of meeting someone. I would love to see an expanded open-ended environment for Persona 4. Have more chances for character interaction and special events that you can trigger by accomplishing certain tasks - so long as the game doesn't beat you over the head with what to do for each one; that would suck hard and make the game that less engaging.

I recall seeing Persona 4 screenshots that had a behind the character view and not a fixed camera angle shot from above. This would imply that we not only have camera control, but can explore. Otherwise, it would be fixed again. I could be wrong however, as I haven't seen anything else other than battle shots, and maybe they are keeping the fixed angles but closing the camera in a bit more.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

Lobster wrote:
Like most of the music in P3 (and P3 itself), I thought it was absolutely terrible at first but ended up growing on me.

I adored the music and still do ^^ It's nice to have lyrics and funky music while walking round and killing things rather than just melodies.

Most concerned citizen out there.

I just realized how old this thread is...

Well, speaking of Persona 4, it's supposed to come out in NA in December 9th.

I am too sure about the PAL version though. :S
Xbox Live: LadyDuoMaxwell

An Newbie

it also comes with a free CD.

friend on another forum:

supalime wrote:
Official North American P4 website: http://www.atlus.com/persona4/

Youtube announcement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O10pqWZPhiU

call me crazy

I'm telling you, this song is subliminially about food! D<

wtf is that Hare Hare Yukai @ :36-:38

The glasses let them see the... the things.

I swear I'm hearing food lyrics. (everyone else hears it, too) Damn it Engrish.

This is not the actual lyrics whatsoever... Maybe I'm just hungry.
We are living the lies
Aboard with so much information
Come on let go of the remote,
don't you know you're letting all the junk food in
Try to feel the go when you're cooking on the go
But I don't use, hey, I use Lean Cuisine™
Load it load it load it
Reach the dance, of maximum capacity
Want it want it want it
Gonna shed some stuff on identity
Get up on your feet, potato powers
Ketchup free is in the whole world
Stand you're man down, the ketchup will go bad
Put the toppings on your mind
We are chocolate in a maze of raisin chips
Like booze, with or without you
I swim in the sea of the unconscious
I search for you heart,
I swim for your true salad

What a guy.

Concerned Citizen wrote:
I just realized how old this thread is...

Well, speaking of Persona 4, it's supposed to come out in NA in December 9th.

I am too sure about the PAL version though. :S

I would sadly agree atm, looks like the PS2 will die by the end of 2008 in Europe, lets just hope it does come out here, KOEI are very nice to bring there games over here anyway.

Anyway to get to my main point and thats to show my early own thoughts on Persona 3.

I was actually looking for another KOEI game called Disgaea 2 but found Persona 3 instead and I heard from some critics that its one of the finest RPGS on the PS2, I was intrigued so I bought it.

If you told me to sum up Persona 3 I would put it as:

High school anime + Final Fantasy + The Sims

This formula was very interesting, Final Fantasy is one of my favorite series, I play the Sims for hours on end and....well....High school anime isn't my cup of tea

Atm I'm still on my 1st play through,its September, i've spend 30 hours on it and I've got to say its a fantastic game none the less.

I'll have to properly talk about it one I complete it, tis great fun.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Wilco, a good friend of mine from Australia, got me this game and Persona 4, the latter of which I have yet to try. I've heard good things about the series, but for some reason I've never tried them.

Wow. I've never played anything like this before. The game is divided between a high school Sim and a randomly generated map RPG.

I'm new to the saga so I'm sure a lot of my observations will be 'well DUH' to long time players.

For the RPG, I was worried that since you can't control your allies that the game might become frustrating. But weirdly enough no. Your Allies AI are surprisingly good especially for the genre. They may be a bit slow on the whole 'healing' thing but they're 'very' good at setting you up for an All Out Attack. The battle itself is rather unique to the genre. Most RPGs I've played have been some variation of the Final Fantasy formula. In Persona 3, the objective is still to waste your enemies' HP. But if you do a 'super effective' attack, the enemy is flipped over and disabled for one round unless attacked. This adds a fascinating level of strategy to the game. Do you attack them again for extra damage and give them the opportunity to counter attack? Or take the time to heal? Or perhaps target another enemy? Awesome stuff.

For story, the plot seems a bit weak, but characterization is tops. Junpei is by far my favorite character. He lampshades the fourth wall with video game references, his critical attack is playing baseball with his sword, easily the most colorful member of the cast I've acquired so far.

NPCs are also interesting. I find that my classmates have a certain depth to them I've never seen before. Kaz has a certain over achieving nobility to him. But as an athlete, what might've otherwise been too corny a trait really fit like a glove. Then there's Kenji, who by 'having a certain depth' I mean by 'having gone over the deep end'. Such a creep. And yet, I can't help but be fascinated by how he deals with his conflict.

The localization on the other hand, I'm having a lot of difficulties with. Okay, so the game takes place at a school in Japan. Fine. I can struggle through the Japanese names, having voice actors helps alleviate this for me. But all the spells are nonsense to me. At least in battle when you hover over a spell it tells you what it does. But then go to the accessory shop and buy an item that casts "Incomprehensible-string-of-consonants-and-vowels". What in the world is that supposed to do? Decidedly NOT Ace Attorney quality. Then in school, sometimes you're asked questions. They can vary from grammar, to science, to 'What were Japanese cave houses". How am I supposed to know that Atlus!? That's something that'd be easy for the Japanese to figure out, but I've got no way to deduce that.

That aside, it's a very good game and I'm really enjoying it.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Wilco, a good friend of mine from Australia, got me this game and Persona 4, the latter of which I have yet to try. I've heard good things about the series, but for some reason I've never tried them.

Wow. I've never played anything like this before. The game is divided between a high school Sim and a randomly generated map RPG.

I'm new to the saga so I'm sure a lot of my observations will be 'well DUH' to long time players.

For the RPG, I was worried that since you can't control your allies that the game might become frustrating. But weirdly enough no. Your Allies AI are surprisingly good especially for the genre. They may be a bit slow on the whole 'healing' thing but they're 'very' good at setting you up for an All Out Attack. The battle itself is rather unique to the genre. Most RPGs I've played have been some variation of the Final Fantasy formula. In Persona 3, the objective is still to waste your enemies' HP. But if you do a 'super effective' attack, the enemy is flipped over and disabled for one round unless attacked. This adds a fascinating level of strategy to the game. Do you attack them again for extra damage and give them the opportunity to counter attack? Or take the time to heal? Or perhaps target another enemy? Awesome stuff.

For story, the plot seems a bit weak, but characterization is tops. Junpei is by far my favorite character. He lampshades the fourth wall with video game references, his critical attack is playing baseball with his sword, easily the most colorful member of the cast I've acquired so far.

NPCs are also interesting. I find that my classmates have a certain depth to them I've never seen before. Kaz has a certain over achieving nobility to him. But as an athlete, what might've otherwise been too corny a trait really fit like a glove. Then there's Kenji, who by 'having a certain depth' I mean by 'having gone over the deep end'. Such a creep. And yet, I can't help but be fascinated by how he deals with his conflict.

The localization on the other hand, I'm having a lot of difficulties with. Okay, so the game takes place at a school in Japan. Fine. I can struggle through the Japanese names, having voice actors helps alleviate this for me. But all the spells are nonsense to me. At least in battle when you hover over a spell it tells you what it does. But then go to the accessory shop and buy an item that casts "Incomprehensible-string-of-consonants-and-vowels". What in the world is that supposed to do? Decidedly NOT Ace Attorney quality. Then in school, sometimes you're asked questions. They can vary from grammar, to science, to 'What were Japanese cave houses". How am I supposed to know that Atlus!? That's something that'd be easy for the Japanese to figure out, but I've got no way to deduce that.

That aside, it's a very good game and I'm really enjoying it.

Persona 4 makes infinite improvments on the gameplay for small changes like you can control party members exactly and equip everyone all at once.

But yeah you are in for fun. I played the game with the intent to be so mean to preppy cow Yukari as to make her take a jump off Tartarus but sadly it can't happen. Ah well the limits of programming.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Pierre wrote:
Persona 4 makes infinite improvments on the gameplay for small changes like you can control party members exactly and equip everyone all at once.

But yeah you are in for fun. I played the game with the intent to be so mean to preppy cow Yukari as to make her take a jump off Tartarus but sadly it can't happen. Ah well the limits of programming.

Hence why when given both 4 and 3 at the same time, I opted to play 3 first. Going backwards playing games often means refinements are removed. That was my big regret going from Elite Beat Agents to Ouden.

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Hence why when given both 4 and 3 at the same time, I opted to play 3 first. Going backwards playing games often means refinements are removed. That was my big regret going from Elite Beat Agents to Ouden.

Yeah I played 4 then 3, purely on a basis of when I got them loaned but yeah the differences are so notable and I had so many issues with thew AI control.

"Alright! Now use Bufula to knock em down and finish this!"

*Mitsuru uses Sexy Dance it fails*

"I hate you so much"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

To fill out the agonizing month waiting for the EU release of Persona 4 Arena, I've opted to finally try completing The Answer in Persona 3 FES. Every attempt before to finish it ended up with a grinding session then not touching it for weeks.

Mitsuru's Marin Karin spam was annoying, but the most infuriating part for me was the Tartarus dancer boss with Sexy Dance. Everyone apart from Yukari has been charmed. No worries, Yukari has Charmdi. What does she do? Garula. A charmed Akihiko and Minato then heal it right back up and beyond. What sucks is she opted to attack while she was in Heal/Support mode.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

Gettin' Old!

Coppo wrote:
To fill out the agonizing month waiting for the EU release of Persona 4 Arena, I've opted to finally try completing The Answer in Persona 3 FES. Every attempt before to finish it ended up with a grinding session then not touching it for weeks.

Mitsuru's Marin Karin spam was annoying, but the most infuriating part for me was the Tartarus dancer boss with Sexy Dance. Everyone apart from Yukari has been charmed. No worries, Yukari has Charmdi. What does she do? Garula. A charmed Akihiko and Minato then heal it right back up and beyond. What sucks is she opted to attack while she was in Heal/Support mode.

Once you've been through all the doors you'll hit a plot point. Then a dick gameplay move, then you'll die, then you'll grind and try again, and die again. Then you'll never play the game again.

True story.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Just beat full moon bosses 10 & 11.

I still think the game is good, but it's starting to grate on me. After school actives are as fun as ever. But the main plot is 'extremely' missing. I think this revolution was toggled when I got to the crying table boss in Tartarus. Having to deliberately grind forced me to consider how much of this game has been repetitive. I really hope the pacing changes soon.

Also, a separate observation, this game seems to encompass every strained stereotype there is about Japanese culture/fetishes. Guys peeving over the girls, a rather flowery French fellow, the girls 'nonchalantly' making comments about their towels and bathing suits. I honestly feel dirty playing this.

How is Persona 4 compared to 3 in the repetitiveness?

Wooster wrote:

I still think the game is good, but it's starting to grate on me. After school actives are as fun as ever. But the main plot is 'extremely' missing. I think this revolution was toggled when I got to the crying table boss in Tartarus. Having to deliberately grind forced me to consider how much of this game has been repetitive. I really hope the pacing changes soon.

Also, a separate observation, this game seems to encompass every strained stereotype there is about Japanese culture/fetishes. Guys peeving over the girls, a rather flowery French fellow, the girls 'nonchalantly' making comments about their towels and bathing suits. I honestly feel dirty playing this.

Far far better, speaking as someone who played 4 before 3, the ratio of social links/events to dungeon-crawling is about equal.

Playing this game after beating 4 feels much of a step back: it feels that when the game gets to its good parts it is certainly GOOD, but these events are spread too thin in between the repetitive grinding in the Tartarus. Picking up Persona 3 again after a few weeks/months from putting it down I might try to finish a Tartarus segment and a Full Moon Operation, but after all of that, the grinding thereafter demotivates me from playing for awhile.

Don't get me started on my pet-peeve of climbing the Tartarus for an hour and dying...
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Gettin' Old!

javadoz wrote:
Wooster wrote:

Far far better, speaking as someone who played 4 before 3, the ratio of social links/events to dungeon-crawling is about equal.

Playing this game after beating 4 feels much of a step back: it feels that when the game gets to its good parts it is certainly GOOD, but these events are spread too thin in between the repetitive grinding in the Tartarus. Picking up Persona 3 again after a few weeks/months from putting it down I might try to finish a Tartarus segment and a Full Moon Operation, but after all of that, the grinding thereafter demotivates me from playing for awhile.

Don't get me started on my pet-peeve of climbing the Tartarus for an hour and dying...

The pacing doesn't really improve....my endgame involved having the capacity to cast Armageddon twice per fight with full HP/SP at end of a match so the game should've just handed me the completion badge.

If you don't mind the grinding the game is a cinch, I one-hit KO'd a late game boss without Armageddon and just walked through it. The events are pretty cool when they get going but yeah the small differences between 4 and 3 show.

One thing I like about Persona 3 over 4, is that it gives more credit to physical attacks which are nearly worthless in 4 where it's all about magic and casting it while remaining SP efficient.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

If you feel like grabbing a PSP (should be pretty cheap now), you can get Persona 3 Portable, which gives up the animated cutscenes but incorporates a lot of the improvements P4 brought to the table like direct ally control and being able to instantly jump to different locations with the square button.

Plus there's the female main character, who's pretty much one of the best "silent" leads in gaming history.

Oh, and major plot point coming up shortly, Wooster.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

As for climbing Tartarus for an hour and dying. I'm not too upset about that. I miss games where a Game over meant something. I just wish I got to keep all that EXP when getting sent back.

Honestly, I don't feel too gipped about not being able to control the whole party. The computer AI is by far the most competent I've seen in the genre. Sure there's the occasion where I'd rather they set me up for a combo or rather they didn't attack the fellow who was down who happens to be able to wipe my team out. But more often then not, it does what it should. And honestly, I find adapting to the ebb of combat a bit of an exercise in tactics in and of itself.

Being able to jump to the map instantly would be a godsend I must admit.

And now I'm a bit curious about the Female Protagonist. Mind giving me some details?

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
As for climbing Tartarus for an hour and dying. I'm not too upset about that. I miss games where a Game over meant something. I just wish I got to keep all that EXP when getting sent back.

Honestly, I don't feel too gipped about not being able to control the whole party. The computer AI is by far the most competent I've seen in the genre. Sure there's the occasion where I'd rather they set me up for a combo or rather they didn't attack the fellow who was down who happens to be able to wipe my team out. But more often then not, it does what it should. And honestly, I find adapting to the ebb of combat a bit of an exercise in tactics in and of itself.

Being able to jump to the map instantly would be a godsend I must admit.

And now I'm a bit curious about the Female Protagonist. Mind giving me some details?

Theres a map? How did you get a Tartarus map?!

Female protagonist, red hair, more positive and upbeat (well for a silent protagonist), smiles instead of having that stupid blank look on his face generally a foil to the male one.

Though you trade off so you don't get multiple weapons for the main character on P3P
Made by Chesu+Zombee

^ That and I thought the Social Links were generally much better. For Magician, for example, you get to hang out with Junpei instead of listen to Kenji constantly ramble about his plans to shack up with his teacher.

Oh, and there's Skill Cards. After you get a Persona to a certain level, it gives you a card you can use to teach a skill to any Persona. Some people might think it takes some of the challenge out of the game, but it's a lot less frustrating to use cards when you can rather than spend three hours refreshing a fusion result, praying all the skills you want transfer over.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I thought that was referring to pressing square and pulling up the town map. That would make the end less trekking much less painful.

And oh God, Kenji. What was he? In second grade? 'cause that's the only way I could justify such a crush on a teacher. But this idiot was a conscious creep. He KNOWS it's not right, knows it's against the rules, and knows he could get the teacher fired and himself expelled. So he does it anyways. And here you are, scripted to root him on.

A Junpei social link sounds a million times better. Though granted, developing a social link with Mitsuri's inanimate motorcycle would've also been a million times better. But that's what you get when you multiply anything by zero.) But at least Junpei makes me laugh constantly. But it's also cool that he's not regulated to comic relief. I really wish the girls had some interesting personalities. Fuka is a borring oracle type. Hakari is the designated straight foil to Junpei. Mitsuri's likely the best of the trio, but she doesn't leave a strong impression herself. Then there's the android. I'm going to reserve judgement on her since she's new. But so far she walks the tight rope of deliberate innuendo and endearing non-human trying to fit in. Polarizing, but that's more then I can say for most of the cast.

Gettin' Old!

Wooster wrote:
I thought that was referring to pressing square and pulling up the town map. That would make the end less trekking much less painful.

And oh God, Kenji. What was he? In second grade? 'cause that's the only way I could justify such a crush on a teacher. But this idiot was a conscious creep. He KNOWS it's not right, knows it's against the rules, and knows he could get the teacher fired and himself expelled. So he does it anyways. And here you are, scripted to root him on.

A Junpei social link sounds a million times better. Though granted, developing a social link with Mitsuri's inanimate motorcycle would've also been a million times better. But that's what you get when you multiply anything by zero.) But at least Junpei makes me laugh constantly. But it's also cool that he's not regulated to comic relief. I really wish the girls had some interesting personalities. Fuka is a borring oracle type. Hakari is the designated straight foil to Junpei. Mitsuri's likely the best of the trio, but she doesn't leave a strong impression herself. Then there's the android. I'm going to reserve judgement on her since she's new. But so far she walks the tight rope of deliberate innuendo and endearing non-human trying to fit in. Polarizing, but that's more then I can say for most of the cast.

Could do what I did, ignore the crap out of Kenji till his social link reverses and he'll give you the cold shoulder hell he may even REFUSE to hang out with you. I tell ya it's bliss.

Aegis is adorable though especially compared to that scum-bucket Yukari. Seriously I cried a little tear of joy when the game gave me the option to tell her "You're a horrible person" .

Though speaking of girls in that game they have a major problem. there ain't such a thing as 'friend zone' if you pursue a social link somewhere around 6-8 ranks you'll get a warning that you are intimite with a girl now and you'll trigger jealousy in others. For all I know you could even break a social link that way. There's no way to just be friends, which I felt limited me at times as I'd hold off on building one social link because it would end up in romance. The only way around this is to complete the 'intimate' social link, then bizarrely they don't care at all whether or not you hang out with other girls.

Also Elizabeth should have a social link instead of the date system I think.

Also since the game hints heavily that Aegis will be S.Linkable at one point it only opens up endgame on a limited time frame so make sure you cram as much time with her and use an Aeon persona so you finish it in time.

Other important ones you should seek out are the devil and Tower arcanas as I think their ultimates are used in some high-level endgame fusions. You unlock Devil via the Hermit's arcana and the Tower through the sports club. I strongly recommend you finish the hermit only one because 1) there's very little better to do on a sunday 2) The ending is hilarious.

Persona 4 fixes a lot of social link problems by allowing a friendzone and 'bromances' so you can bond with male party members.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I honestly started playing Persona 3 for my first time back in June and I'm playing it slowly considering how busy I've been. I've gotten up to the month of September, so I'm about halfway through I suppose. I did play Persona 4 first, so yeah I have my comparisons and such, but it's still a great game, though I'm glad for the fixes Persona 4 did make.

I'll be honest, for a while, up until I reached the last part of the third section of Tartarus, the game felt easy. Granted, I don't think Persona 4 was really THAT hard (aside from some cheap deaths), but it felt a little more challenging, though now I'm actually liking the boss battles a bit more now as they keep me more on the edge of my seat. I do appreciate how, aside from Mitsuru, how smart the AI can be in battle. It's funny how at first glance, the battle system seems the same compared to Persona 4 until you really get into it. Aside from the AI, the biggest changes, for me that I notice, seem to be the "Down" status, whereas they don't stay down if you hit them again, and how you get a Once More, where you can't get one if you use a AoE attack, even if all the enemies are weak to it, so I do like how I have to change my strategy somewhat compared to Persona 4 so it doesn't feel all samey.

As for social links, I'm glad to see someone other than me can't stand Kenji at all. He just seems like the stupidest person ever to walk the Earth. Why should I bother to care for his really stupid "plan"? I swear I just want to punch that kid upside the face and teach him some sense.

As for the story, yeah, it does feel weaker than Persona 4 in some aspects, I really like how you feel more involved with your group in Persona 4 compared to 3, but the characterization is still quite enjoyable. It's nice to see how the characters aren't all just one sided and actually have some bit of depth to them, though I think P4 does excel at this better, P3 still does a decent job to enjoy it. I honestly do have a hard time engaging myself in the story at times. Persona 4 I do feel did a better job as it felt like a mystery murder and I enjoy trying to find out who the culprit is whereas Persona 3 more or less reveals who the bad guys pretty much are and kinda makes it obvious to me that they're probably under someone, at least if it is holding true to jRPG standards.

As for the music I've heard so far in the game, I'm not too much a fan of all that Japanese pop and rap and junk, but I really do enjoy the boss battle themes and honestly, I like the battle theme too, it's grown on me. I'm playing FES too, so I do like the option to change my music in Tartarus. Am I the only one though who feels like they could have used the Record store in the mall to have done something with music options?

So overall, I'm enjoying this game so far. It's enjoyable and I look forward to finishing it one day, whether that be months down the road. I'm glad to see you're getting into this stuff too Wooster. It's a shame I haven't played this game earlier, despite me knowing about it since it came out and my friend harping about it to me all the time back in 2008.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
As for the music I've heard so far in the game, I'm not too much a fan of all that Japanese pop and rap and junk, but I really do enjoy the boss battle themes and honestly, I like the battle theme too, it's grown on me. I'm playing FES too, so I do like the option to change my music in Tartarus. Am I the only one though who feels like they could have used the Record store in the mall to have done something with music options?

Me: So dude can I buy extra music tracks in the Record shop?
Friend: Nope

Yeah it bothered me too, in fact it's so suspicious I'd be willing to bet it's unfinished content since that shop is never ever used for anything.

Though a reason why the depth might not be so great in the P3 universe is because of the lack of 'facing oneself'. Bearing in mind Wooster ain't started Persona 4 it's a good reason why the character's ain't so flushed out with deep issues other than their attachments to one another.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Okay, thanks to getting royally sick this past week, I've put in a lot more time into Persona 3 then I anticipated. Both in terms of "How much gaming in a surprisingly short amount of time" and in the "Oh GOD WHY ISN'T THIS GAME OVER YET?!" sense. I don't recall how much I left the game running as I went to do other things, but I'm currently clocked at over 70 hours I think. That's just unreal.

I'm having some problems with the social links.

God, what were they thinking (6)

• Kenji is a creep, yet I'm supposed to root him on to illegally chase his teacher.
• Hidetoshi is a Nazi who accuses people without evidence. And I'm supposed to pat him on the back.
• Yuko is … forward
• Keisuke's mere presence causes people to go into seizures. GET THE KID TO A DESERTED ISLAND STAT.
• Nozomi is a gluttonous self serving brat. Good Job stealing that kid's tutor money.
• Maya is… oh God. KENJI! This is YOUR problem NOT mine.

Meh. Social links (3)
Mind, I haven't completed most of them.

• Fuuka
• Mitsuru (And I had high hopes for this one!) All she's done is make half hearted comments on food. She's at her best when she's assertively wrong. Or just plain assertive. The melancholy doesn't fit.
• Bebe is kinda polarizing for me. It took a bit for me to tolerate him, but once his actual goal kicked in, he kinda warmed up. Points for progress if nothing else.

Awesome Social Links (6)

• Kazushi - Struggles with his injury and motivation behind hiding it touched me. Tell him to do what's right for him, or his nephew? It played out excellently.
• Mitsuko and Bunkichi - When I was young, I spent a lot of time visiting my great grand mothers and aunts. (The men in my family aren't as long lived it seems). Visiting them was quite nostalgic for me.
• Maiko - Real issues, real little kids have to deal with. I may not have agreed with the protagonist letting her run away like that, but she played her part authentically.
• Mutatsu - Related to visiting my great grand relatives. I remember one day in particular when a crazy (from a 7 year old's perspective) old man and he talked at me. Not 'to'. 'at'. It was very strange. His words were utter nonsense. And yet, I was somehow able to perceive past the man's scary gruph voice, the stern tone, and comprehend that what he was telling me was for my own good because he cared in some way. But I was able to walk away with the sensation that I could see through how he was saying, and grasp why he was saying it. (The 'what he was saying' however was totally lost. Likely immediately). Again, a nostalgic chapter of my life.
• Mamoru - The kid's on the bottom of the rung, knows it, but wants to work his way to the top, discarding charity whenever he can. I would love to have his integrity.
• Akinari - Bittersweet. He's quite the downer, but I can hardly blame him. The fact he says my mere presence encourages him to keep going made me motivated to hang out with him. I was deliberately not hanging out with the girls on Sundays just to see how his story progresses.

And that's all I've tried so far. I've got 2 weeks of in game time before the final battle so I don't think I'll make much more progress on the links. But MAN! Ignoring the Meh links, I've had a 50:50 chance of wanting to pull my hair out. Add to it that the main plot is about as deep as the first couple of hours of Final Fantasy VI - stretched across 70. I really truly feel like I wasted my life this past week.
Page 3 of 45 [ 1781 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 45  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station