Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 7 of 10[ 398 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Re: Case Maker 3Topic%20Title

End Quote.

No offense DDRKhat, but if you have nothing constructive to attribute to this thread, why not just ignore it all together? It's not like Mecha is some big corporate company you have to take down or something, so why put so much effort into attacking him on a personal level? Frankly I find it pretty disgusting that you would bother jumping in this thread just to point out his "personal flaws". People here are discussing Case Maker 3. Yes there are other more "complete" case makers out there at the moment however, this thread has nothing to do with it. Also, Mecha shouldn't have to recieve this kind of treatment from anyone on this forum. Stop flaming, it's annoying.

(Just a note, I don't intend to reply to anything you post after this, I don't intend on turning this comment into a debate).
ImageImage

PWLib / AIGE developer

Maelstrom wrote:
so why put so much effort into attacking him on a personal level?
I wish I had the MSN logs to answer that question.

Feel free to be disgusted with me, nothing I do will change how you feel or anything towards me. As I said. I've been stating my views, feelings and using information made publicly available via this forum to state the things I have. If you don't like it, feel free to wipe those records from court-records (oh the pun). Maybe Croik will help you just so you can all turn me into an evil *censored*. I am simply offering information and my views about this case maker and its author.
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

^ Ji Hye Jang

DDRKhat wrote:
Neon Lemmy Koopa wrote:
I agree with what Ceres said. MechaBowser might actually have a life. He might have a girlfriend for all we know. Wouldnt you think a girl is top priority over a computer project?
Or boyfriend? He doesn't have to be straight, for all we know he could be bi-sexual or homosexual. Whichever it might be is his choice and more power to him. But my answer to this is above.

I doubt he'd get very far in a relationship if he abandons them as easy as he abandons projects.
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

PWLib / AIGE developer

Lee Ji Hoon wrote:
DDRKhat wrote:
Neon Lemmy Koopa wrote:
I agree with what Ceres said. MechaBowser might actually have a life. He might have a girlfriend for all we know. Wouldnt you think a girl is top priority over a computer project?
Or boyfriend? He doesn't have to be straight, for all we know he could be bi-sexual or homosexual. Whichever it might be is his choice and more power to him. But my answer to this is above.
I doubt he'd get very far in a relationship if he abandons them as easy as he abandons projects.
I know I've been flaming him and all, but that was a little low. I'm here to flame his dedication towards case makers, not his personal life, his personal life is his business.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

The top issue (if it isn't the only one) about Mecha is basically his behavior, not even related to CM3.

He is a jerk with a number of people, that was already noted since CM2.1 times. You can't change Mecha, unless he wants to. He got himself an association with "lazy, abandons projects" description for his actions, not other people's comments. So pointing it out won't do much aside from getting you a reply with "stop flaming Mecha!". Let people notice Mecha's flaws. It is better.

Also posting here and discussing it gives him attention and shows you're concerned about him. I stopped trying to point his flaws because of that.

Let Mecha act his ways and be forgotten if so. No need to inform people: they will notice. Just try to act differently from him instead of looking at him. I did that with PWLib. From now on, why would I even CARE about Mecha been lazy, or that he abandons projects? I'll focus on my own and do it properly.

Mecha starves for attention: if you want to flame him, don't. You're giving him all attention.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Rival of Prosecutor Maxi

whohohoho..
~just use his Case Maker 2 until 3 is released~
I think i should add.. :sawit:

~if you like MechaBowser's like me~

because i only can download and use Mecha's :godot:

sorry sorry - mistake again :payne:

and I also wanna ask
anybody knows how to use evidence pop out in Case Maker 2 ?? :minuki:

Hmmm, but if you had some issue with other casemaker you could help the programmers posting your error. Sometimes a small error report can help great fixes.

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

PWLib / AIGE developer

D. A. Taufik wrote:
use Scenaries to do it. If you look on my youtube video there is a demonstration of it.

Pleeaase don't hurt me.

DDRKhat, your attitude stinks towards MechaBowser. You are allowed to flame at him, it's just the forums are not the right place.

Everyone should appreciate his work.

Maybe MechaBowser did say rude stuff to you, but without evidence, we know nothing.
Thanks Elriel for the sig!

And like I said: flaming him will only make you look bad. And give more attention to him. He wins, you lose.

Rock N' Roll

I personally think that mechabowser doesnt have to give a reason for not replying or updating information.

This casemaker is a cost of time and effort, of which he has limited time with it being his school work and other priorities.

So people who say he is abandoning his work are just too selfish to consider other possibilities, probably because that would prove them wrong.
ImageHell yeah! Moon walk!
How lame

^ Ji Hye Jang

Many people have stated that, but no one (including Mecha himself) has yet come up with a valid reason why he can't just drop a post saying "won't be on for a while, busy with X, will/won't continue work on casemaker during this time".

End Quote.

MechaBowser wrote:
@BSRaven: I don't know, lately I haven't been able to work on it alot. I'd suspect sometime during the summer.

Stop pestering. That's all I have to say.
ImageImage

Rival of Prosecutor Maxi

DDRKhat wrote:
D. A. Taufik wrote:
use Scenaries to do it. If you look on my youtube video there is a demonstration of it.

Ok thank you
I'll try to dl it :godot:
Is that link in your signature is the link to dl it?

because I click that link :edgy: :shoe:

Rival of Prosecutor Maxi

DDRKhat wrote:
D. A. Taufik wrote:

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see that ~youtube video~ word.
so where is your youtube video?

:jake: Thank You

PWLib / AIGE developer

D. A. Taufik wrote:
DDRKhat wrote:
D. A. Taufik wrote:

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see that ~youtube video~ word.
so where is your youtube video?

:jake: Thank You
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1jUUwTqWngk

Rival of Prosecutor Maxi

Thank you again sir....

:minuki: :jake:

Valant Ocelot

Seriously guys, I just don't know what to say anymore. Case Maker 3 is Mecha's own project he works on it alone and well, he get no money for it. Why don't you all just abandon this thread if every week he doesn't log you all start crying and whining, seriously. I am not a big Mecha's fan, but sure I can understand his work as a programmer. so please, people STFU.
^ lolz ocelot

machinimator

Listen, I really haven't wanted to get involved in this whole thing but I'll do my best to try to prevent any further flaming.

NO, making a casemaker is not some huge emotional or financial commitment. When you're someone like MechaBowser, or me, and don't set deadlines for your work (yes, I'm making a casemaker, though no one knows about it) it's hardly a stress deserving of enormous respect. Look at all the other case makers being made; I honestly don't even see a reason to hold this one up above the others anymore. No, that's not a diss to MechaBowser, but admittedly when you don't keep a project up to date, other things get ahead of it. Simple truth. You don't have to start flaming people who don't like him; I can't say I have all the facts but it sounds like some people would certainly have reason to disrespect him (though not in this thread).

NO, this whole stuff about the honor / experience level / power level / forging of evidence from MechaBowser doesn't have anything to do with his Case Maker. So that stuff shouldn't go here. If it's about the programming...sheesh, I can understand you being frustrated, but don't HATE the guy for it. Programming is only fun when you see the result, so it's annoying for lots of people.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

I guess that no even one of us programmers of a casemaker ever got money for our projects, so that isn't even the issue.

Mecha's behavior is for those who are along the forum to note and comment, but the best way to go is IGNORE it. Why care about how he does stuff? Don't post, don't give this topic attention if YOU don't like Mecha/CM3 or anything related. Simple as that. It won't change anything by posting, flaming him. He must be there, laughing at the faces of those who flame him.

Some people still overestimated Mecha because he made CM 2.1, and that won't change so quickly too. But it won't be a box of flames that will burn this down, not even burn Mecha. I changed my position a while ago: let it go, just let it go. I know Mecha was pretty evil towards some people (myself included) but he kept an overall "good guy" face to other users, so it won't be a simple flame that will make Mecha show his true colors. Only evidence will.

Now one question: if CM 2.1 was good enough, why would other casemaker projects ever surface? I did my with other purpose, but what about KK's, PyWright, and the others? Anyway, why would a beta tester of CM 2.x ever flame Mecha without a good reason?

Things about this whole Mecha-evilness and flaming just don't go without a strong REASON, as I can see.

I stay neutral about everything. Always will.

I may or may not be here.

SHUT UP AND LET THIS TOPIC DIE ALREADY!
If Mecha isn't gonna keep it updated then there is no reason to post.
All your posting does is bring attention to it. If you don't post it will die until he updates next blue moon.

This topic has lost it's purpose, it was supposed to be about Case Maker 3.
Right now it's about Mecha's inability to [insert whatever here].

As far as I'm concerned this topic is useless.
*walks out*
ImageImage

Last edited by Donald Serrot on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seconded to Donald's words. (I DID say something exactly like that some posts ago, but no one seems to have ever noticed it....)

Valant Ocelot

But Katana, I am not supporting Mecha.. it's just stupid that I see everyone bitching about it.
^ lolz ocelot

..... can't this topic be locked or something!? That's the only REAL way to stop this. :edgeworth:

BigFish wrote:
..... can't this topic be locked or something!? That's the only REAL way to stop this. :edgeworth:

Not really. Simply because Mecha has shown proof that CM3 exists.
And locking isn't the only way to stop it...
STOP FLIPPING POSTING HERE!
And I don't want to see any posts with people agreeing with me.
If you agree then DON'T POST!
So SHUT UP AND LET THIS DIE! IF MECHA RELEASES MORE INFO THEN FINE, BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ABOUT THE CASE MAKER ITSELF (and not wither or not it will ever be finished) THEN YOU HAVE NO REASON TO POST AT ALL!
THE ONLY REASON I'M POSTING RIGHT NOW IS BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN'T GET IT INTO THEIR THICK HEADS THAT THIS TOPIC NEEDS TO BE LEFT IN PEACE TO EITHER BE EATEN BY THE TOPIC MONSTER OR ACTUALLY UPDATED TO KEEP IT GOING.

SO ONE MORE TIME, DON'T POST!

Edit:
Yeah... I blew my top there...
I'm just sick of the arguing and bickering. And I really looked forward to this case maker.
So please just stop and let this topic die in peace.
ImageImage

PWLib / AIGE developer

Donald Serrot wrote:
Not really. Simply because Mecha has shown proof that CM3 exists.
Just like I have shown proof of my own case maker existing.. Except I provide a download link.

:objection:
ImageYour advertising!

:objection:
ImageNot directly. But thanks for thinking so!

ImageRAWRRRRRR!

ImageWhats happening here?

Quote:
Just like I have shown proof of my own case maker existing.. Except I provide a download link.

Except you're getting annoying by polluting this topic with flaming and then advertising. :edgeworth: Won't you leave this topic once and for all ? Or should every one of your posts here be reported to a moderator ? :edgy:
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.
AAO Deutsche version : AAO German section now open !

PWLib / AIGE developer

Unas wrote:
Quote:

Except you're getting annoying by polluting this topic with flaming and then advertising. :edgeworth: Won't you leave this topic once and for all ? Or should every one of your posts here be reported to a moderator ? :edgy:
If only you knew the real truth behind the reason I made the above post... Oh well, I'll release my true reasons in a few days.

machinimator

Just so you know, the invisible overlord in the sky of Phoenix Wright hasn't quite seen fit to start playing *Suspense*. Oh, wait, you do get something though.

out of nowhere...

By the way, that sound goes for the post below this as well, unless it's the OP.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Ace Assasin

Read below!

Last edited by bloodzero on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GUYS, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU

This is a topic about my Case Maker, not me, KSA_Tech or DDRKhat for the matter.

KSA_Tech, I completely respect you. Where did you get the idea that I didn't? Seriously, all you ever do is post about what I lack instead of posting about the actual Case Maker at hand. I've never EVER said anything bad about your PWLib, and yet you keep complaining about how I don't respect anyone! JESUS.

GUYS, SERIOUSLY. I'm producing this at my own speed, my dedication to this isn't at full due to the fact that I'm working on other COMMERCIAL projects, not only that, but has just gone through graduation and I'm now visiting a friend for the rest summer in an entirely different country. Currently I'm trying to LIVE my life by doing what everyone should be doing in the summer, having fun. I'm to turn 18, and we're gonna throw a major party. I won't let myself work on Case Maker 3 all night that day, that's just not the way I do things!

But YES, there WILL be a Case Maker 3 release on the end of the summer, WHICH MEANS AROUND AUGUST.

Seriously guys, I feel sorry for having to take such a major offensive turn of event, and I feel like this topic has been nothing but KSA_Tech or others trying to start an E-Drama, where I have politely ignoring them, or taking it politely.
I want you guys to keep on topic, ask questions about the Case Maker, and I'll answer them as soon as possible. And for now, wait for August. It won't be too long.

Luke: Layton's #1 Apprentice

...and now we are FINALLY back on track.

Sanity: Restored.
Web developer by night, school student by day. That's how I roll.

^ Ji Hye Jang

MechaBowser wrote:
GUYS, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU

This is a topic about my Case Maker, not me, KSA_Tech or DDRKhat for the matter.

KSA_Tech, I completely respect you. Where did you get the idea that I didn't? Seriously, all you ever do is post about what I lack instead of posting about the actual Case Maker at hand. I've never EVER said anything bad about your PWLib, and yet you keep complaining about how I don't respect anyone! JESUS.

GUYS, SERIOUSLY. I'm producing this at my own speed, my dedication to this isn't at full due to the fact that I'm working on other COMMERCIAL projects, not only that, but has just gone through graduation and I'm now visiting a friend for the rest summer in an entirely different country. Currently I'm trying to LIVE my life by doing what everyone should be doing in the summer, having fun. I'm to turn 18, and we're gonna throw a major party. I won't let myself work on Case Maker 3 all night that day, that's just not the way I do things!

But YES, there WILL be a Case Maker 3 release on the end of the summer, WHICH MEANS AROUND AUGUST.

Seriously guys, I feel sorry for having to take such a major offensive turn of event, and I feel like this topic has been nothing but KSA_Tech or others trying to start an E-Drama, where I have politely ignoring them, or taking it politely.
I want you guys to keep on topic, ask questions about the Case Maker, and I'll answer them as soon as possible. And for now, wait for August. It won't be too long.

You've got to admit you kind of brought it on yourself though, by abandoning CM2.1 and then disappearing for long periods of time without so much as a "I won't be on for a while" post. These things don't mix well.

Nice, Mecha is back :edgy:

Seriously, all comments from others were getting on my nerves.
LjH, as far as I know CM2.1 was not so bad, or it wouldn't be so popular. Therefore, he was not forced to keep around it, if it worked well enough.

So, to get back on topic, a few technical questions :
  • Will this CM run on Linux ? As far as I understood, it's based on lua, which is cross-platform. Therefore, it should be possible to compile this CM for Unix systems ?
  • How will cases be saved ? I mean, once it's finished, will it produce a single executable file containing every data about the case, or just produces data files that will have to be run by a "player" executable ? The second alternative would be much better if you were to make this cross-platform, of course ^^
  • In the screenshots you released, the locations (here Global Studios) seem to be considered as characters (it refers to the character db, a court records name, etc.). Since locations are not supposed to be visible in the CR, I'm a little surprised :meekins: How will it work ?

PS : I'm turning 18 at the end of July too :will:
Ace Attorney Online - Online trial creator and international Ace Attorney community.
AAO Deutsche version : AAO German section now open !

Luke: Layton's #1 Apprentice

It's based on Clickteam's MMF - which is not so cross-platform... It just uses LUA for the back features (i.e. saving, etc.)

Spoiler: Only people who PROMISE not to start a flame war can read this next section
Oh - and will the copyrighted/non-distributable font be removed from CM3 (as CM2, Classic and 2.1 all had it, I think)?

Web developer by night, school student by day. That's how I roll.

Last edited by lukegb on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LET'S JUST MOVE ON SHALL WE!

So Mecha, how are things looking?
What progress have we had?
ImageImage

^ Ji Hye Jang

Unas wrote:
Nice, Mecha is back :edgy:

Seriously, all comments from others were getting on my nerves.
LjH, as far as I know CM2.1 was not so bad, or it wouldn't be so popular. Therefore, he was not forced to keep around it, if it worked well enough.

Except that a bunch of features were missing and it had heaps of bugs, sure.

It's been quite a while since I stopped flaming you, so you don't have to complain about it with me anymore.

You were evil towards certain people, no all of them, that is a fact you can't deny. "Accepting your own mistakes is the first step to own enlightenment."

What I recommend is that you at least appear and comment stuff and don't go on coincidence-like appearances: it will stir a lot of doubts over you, more than you already have over these years of CR. You don't need to work on CM3 100% of the time, but giving users some kind of support is something that is good.

I work too, but I still keep my tab about CR and my project. I live my life as well, so it's up to who makes the project to be active or not. Everyone chose his/her own path.

I stopped trying to star e-drama due to one thing: "Let one's actions to define their own merits."

:minuki: : Hey! You promissed that you would see my latest magic trick!"
Alright, Trucy, I'll go see. (cya people).

Unas wrote:
So, to get back on topic, a few technical questions :
  • Will this CM run on Linux ? As far as I understood, it's based on lua, which is cross-platform. Therefore, it should be possible to compile this CM for Unix systems ?
  • How will cases be saved ? I mean, once it's finished, will it produce a single executable file containing every data about the case, or just produces data files that will have to be run by a "player" executable ? The second alternative would be much better if you were to make this cross-platform, of course ^^
  • In the screenshots you released, the locations (here Global Studios) seem to be considered as characters (it refers to the character db, a court records name, etc.). Since locations are not supposed to be visible in the CR, I'm a little surprised :meekins: How will it work ?

* No, CM3 will not run on Linux. As stated above, I'm using the programming tool MMF2, which uses the Windows GUI. Even though most of the coding is run through LUA, it'll still handle everything as on Windows. However, I've been sucessful in running CM3 through Wine.

* It'll produce a single executable. This is because of the professionalism and simpliness a single file can produce rather than having a source and a viewer.

* Locations are not considered the same as characters. The reason it says "Character database" is a merely spelling mistake on my part, due to that locations and characters work the same, pratically.

KSA_Tech wrote:
It's been quite a while since I stopped flaming you, so you don't have to complain about it with me anymore.

You know, that's totally fine with me and everything, if it wasn't because
KSA_Tech wrote:
You were evil towards certain people, no all of them, that is a fact you can't deny. "Accepting your own mistakes is the first step to own enlightenment."

How can you not consider this sentence an offense? If you really, really wanted to stop all the flaming, you should've left this sentence out, and that's what makes it somewhat obvious that this is not your intention. You want me to say "yes I'm sorry mister KSA_Tech, I've been a really bad person please forgive me", but to be honest, I'm proud of everything said and done, and I'm not gonna regret anything. Accept that, or stay out of this topic unless you're willing to focus on CM3.

KSA_Tech wrote:
You don't need to work on CM3 100% of the time, but giving users some kind of support is something that is good.

I have been giving all the support I could availiable, however, I can't be giving support all the time. Remember that I'm in no way paid to do this, I do it for the fun, for the learning and advancement, and unfortunately I don't sit on the computer every day. I've given all the support I have, but I'm not here to answer questions all the time, then there'd be no time to work on anything. I'm checking these forums once in a while, when I see fit, and I'll post and respond in these moments.

As about CM2, It'll say this once. That engine was as stable as ever. The only adressed bug was deleting and moving actionlines. Elsewise it was completely flawless. Anyone who has ever had a bug with it is because of a user programming flaw. There. Even though it missed alot of things, it didn't have more than the adressed bug above.

Anyways, back on topic.

Well, I already admitted I was wrong at flaming you, so I did my part. I think you shouldn't be proud of all you said...

Anyway, Welcome to CR.

Page 7 of 10 [ 398 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games