Unintentional GS connections in real life.

For all chat related to Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban. Please use the spoiler tag!
Post Reply
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

Kind of hard for me to come up with a good title for this thread. But what this is, is a place to post real life things, such as the name of a buisness or something that look like they have a Phoenix Wright or Apolo Justice connection.

For example. The plastic tray plant i work at just got some used bakery trays in (to grind up and reuse the plastic in new trays). While i was throwing them into the grinder yesterday i saw some that were owned by:

Perfection Bakeries

Didn't know the Von Karma family had a bakery :franny: :karma:

And this one which almost made me choke on my pop in the break room at work a few months ago. I was reading a copy of a Kansas City buisness journal, and under the "new buisnesses" list was this:

Maya's Cellphone Inc.

Do they have the Steel Samurai ring tone? :maya:
Szabu
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Szabu »

Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »



HA! So he does have one! :godot:

If there's allready stuff like this posted in other threads link it here so the're all in one place.
Scarf
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 am

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Scarf »

I've seen a few of these XD
My mom works with plants&flowers and the like, and one time she brought home "Wright" brand pots. :phoenix:

Another time I was going make-up shopping with my mom and I saw "Gant's Hydratants." Needless to say, I took a picture of it. :gant:

I've also observed that my friend's dad looks a lot like Zak Gramarye and my other friend's mom looks like Dee Vasquez, if that counts.

EDIT: I got another one today. I was in Japanese class and our sensei was talking about a movie he saw. The movies title? Tanpopo. It's about Ramen, apparently.
Last edited by Scarf on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Valentines Day Avatar by me, Signature by Vickinator
Prosecutor Manella
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 pm
Custom Title: In The Middle of It Now

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Prosecutor Manella »

Image
PxE
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by PxE »

I was once in Northern Ireland on the way to Giant's Causeway,and I saw a place called Apollo Pizza.
On the same trip,I was sitting behind someone wearing a jacket,and on the neck of it,it said "Gant"

That's all I can think of.

Edit:OH,OH,also,in Dublin,there's a Phoenix park.If that's worth anything. :keiko:
Last edited by PxE on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Parakaitz
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 am
Custom Title: I wanna study YOUR beauty
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Storm Parakaitz »

Prosecutor Manella wrote:Image

I want to be the person that lives on that corner. XD
Pearl the Barrister
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 am

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Pearl the Barrister »

My Favorite:
Apollo's Hair Salon.
It does exist.
Sadly, I didn't have the guts to ask for the Herr Forehead hairstyle.
PEARL DIES TONIGHT
Annalise S
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:55 am
Custom Title: Elementry, my dear Watson.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Annalise S »

I've seen Edgeworth Avenue.
I wish I could've taken a photograph...
Burninator
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 pm
Custom Title: Good 'til the last drop.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Burninator »

i have an edgeworth street and a hawthorne avenue in my neighborhood
Image
By Lind_L_Tailor^
Creator and head guy thing of the Ace Attorney Awards! Come vote to help end meaningless debates! With style. :butzthumbs:
:damon:
^^ Click The Gant!
Miss Twister
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Miss Twister »

Annalise S wrote:I've seen Edgeworth Avenue.
I wish I could've taken a photograph...

I saw one once, too.
Spoiler: Saving space
Image

(I hate my camera. >_< )
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

My friend said there's a Wright Law Offices in my city. XD
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

fatalfeline wrote:My friend said there's a Wright Law Offices in my city. XD


Oh god that'd be the ultimate one. PHOTO! :edgy:
Fraulein
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big... vocabulary.
Location: USA

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Fraulein »

Last year my friend Desiree went out with a guy named Ron. I was like OMGWTF~

They broke up, though. :sadshoe:
Image
Many thanks to Vickinator for the avatar!
Pearl the Barrister
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 am

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Pearl the Barrister »

In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.
PEARL DIES TONIGHT
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

...Meekins Street?
That's epic right there. :gant-clap:
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Lunaria42
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5333
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm
Custom Title: Moving on up!
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Lunaria42 »

Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.


Really, now I'm going to have to go out and search for these to take pictures. What parts of Houston are they in?

I had a student named Maya, but she was nothing like our favorite spirit medium in training. Next monday I'm substituting for a teacher named Wright.
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Waiting For Godot
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:38 pm
Custom Title: Godot Blend n.107

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Waiting For Godot »

Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.


Those are easy. Find a Klavier Street, and THEN talk to me. :gant:
Image
Avatar made by Croik.
Pearl the Barrister
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 am

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Pearl the Barrister »

Waiting For Godot wrote:
Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.


Those are easy. Find a Klavier Street, and THEN talk to me. :gant:



Got it.

Klavierstraat in Duiven, Netherlands.

Lunaria42 wrote:Really, now I'm going to have to go out and search for these to take pictures. What parts of Houston are they in?


Apollo Street is to the Northwest of Loop 610, between Highway 290 and I-45.

Edgeworth Street- Right off Aldine Westfield Road, between Hardy Toll Road and Hwy 59.

Dahlia Street- Right off Lawndale, between I-45 and Loop 610. Near the Jackson Cemetery. :chinami: Southwest area of Loop 610.

Marshall Street- Near Downtown, between Hwy 59 and I-10. Inside Loop 610. Right off Westheimer.

(There's also a Marshall Street in Deer Park, Pasadena, and San Antonio.)

On my street, someone had work on their house done by Dunn-Wright Remodeling (I was tempted to scratch the DUNN out on the sign on their front lawn and write PHOENIX.)
There's also a Fey home improvements in Universal City.

And of course, there are two people I know named Diego and Mia.
:meekins:
PEARL DIES TONIGHT
Lunaria42
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5333
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm
Custom Title: Moving on up!
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Lunaria42 »

Pearl the Barrister wrote:(There's also a Marshall Street in Deer Park, Pasadena, and San Antonio.)


I live in Pasadena so I'll look for the one there and Deer Park first. The others will have to wait until I get some free time and more gas money.

Thanks for sharing.
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

Pearl the Barrister wrote:
Dahlia Street- Right off Lawndale, between I-45 and Loop 610. Near the Jackson Cemetery. :chinami: Southwest area of Loop 610.



OH SHIT :beef: Near a cemetery? I don't think i'd go near there on halloween (or during the night period :chinami: )
Lunaria42
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5333
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm
Custom Title: Moving on up!
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Lunaria42 »

Johnny Rotan wrote:
Pearl the Barrister wrote:
Dahlia Street- Right off Lawndale, between I-45 and Loop 610. Near the Jackson Cemetery. :chinami: Southwest area of Loop 610.



OH SHIT :beef: Near a cemetery? I don't think i'd go near there on halloween (or during the night period :chinami: )


Especially in that part of town. Although, I think my grandpa is buried in that cemetary. I guess I can use this as good excuse to visit him? It has been nearly ten years since his passing. :sadshoe:
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
moonfall
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by moonfall »

For the trim on my Franziska costume, I used....


Wright's bias tape.


Should have taken a picture.
yabadab
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:00 am
Custom Title: Beware! I'm the evil ID number!
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by yabadab »

Pearl the Barrister wrote:
Got it.

Klavierstraat in Duiven, Netherlands.



Great! I'm going to look for that one, if I'm correct, I live nearby that town!
Image
Signature by Vickynator
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

moonfall wrote:For the trim on my Franziska costume, I used....


Wright's bias tape.


Should have taken a picture.


No doubt you mean this:

Image

I knew the're was a package of the stuff floating arround here somewhere :phoenix: .
Annalise S
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:55 am
Custom Title: Elementry, my dear Watson.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Annalise S »

Something else:

There are ten Wright Law Offices in California.

And I think (damn the vagueness of Google Maps) there's one Fey Law Office also in California.
Acroma v2.0
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:19 am
Custom Title: *blink*

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Acroma v2.0 »

I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.
Lunaria42
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5333
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm
Custom Title: Moving on up!
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Lunaria42 »

Acroma v2.0 wrote:I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.


Some providers have an online site where you can upload your pictures from your phone.
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

Acroma v2.0 wrote:I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.


If you see one called "Kristoph" or has "atro" in the name i wouldn't even touch the bottle :garyuu:
Last edited by Johnny Rotan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CockatriceWright
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Mmm, bacon.
Location: The Broodwich Dimension

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by CockatriceWright »

One of our favorite clothes-shopping places is a store called A.J. Wright. No, the name isn't the only reason why I like it; they also have good prices, and that's why my mom likes it. XD
Image
Godot-Fangirl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:01 am
Custom Title: Obsession : Godot
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Godot-Fangirl »

this is an aromatherapy oil

ImageImage
Image
siggy made by Vickinator
My DA account | Proud supporter of Miego and Klaviema
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

CockatriceWright wrote:One of our favorite clothes-shopping places is a store called A.J. Wright. No, the name isn't the only reason why I like it; they also have good prices, and that's why my mom likes it. XD



Image
Simple but fits.

At Godot Fangirl's pic:
:beef: :nick-sweat:
Oh god. That's in the top 5 there
:chef: Z'ere. Oh. oui, oui, Z'at feels good!
:ack: Urgh! M-my eyes! MY EYES!
Last edited by Johnny Rotan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pickens
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Pickens »

Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.


There's an Edgeworth Street in Greensboro, NC as well.

Also, cousins recently got a dog named "Phoenix" after the Elon College Mascot. When I heard I immediately thought "OH SWEET, I COULD BE RELATED TO MANFRED VON KARMA!" but then I realized I knew who their Grandparents were and my hopes were crushed. But I still don't know about Great Grandparents, so the possibility is still there. Well, other than the fact that he's a fictional character and all.
Acroma v2.0
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:19 am
Custom Title: *blink*

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Acroma v2.0 »

Johnny Rotan wrote:
Acroma v2.0 wrote:I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.


Spoiler:
If you see one called "Kristoph" or has "atro" in the name i wouldn't even touch the bottle :garyuu:


Well, that's a given. Anyway, I managed to get the picture onto my computer, so... here it is.

Spoiler: Saving space :that-b-word: :ayame:
Image
Salutation Here
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 931
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: England

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Salutation Here »

There was a novelist who came up in a book I was reading today called Maria Edgeworth.
Shadow Style
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:20 pm
Custom Title: Ace Attorney
Location: in the defense lobby

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Shadow Style »

I've seen a meekins courthouse on a vacation to Tennessee it was a dinner and a show.
Image

If Capcom had a hand Chuck Noris would shake it's hand

I started pearl PAUNCH
User avatar
Det. Bloom
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Almost Ace Detective...?
Location: Antarctica

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Det. Bloom »

There's a boy in my class whose last name is Wright.

My Japanese teacher's son's name is Phoenix. He also said, that, if the baby were born a girl, he and his wife would name it Mia.

I was like... omg. I squealed, actually.
Image
Signature by the amazingly wonderful Vickinator!
DramaticaXIV2
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3781
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm
Custom Title: Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan
Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by DramaticaXIV2 »

Detective Bloom wrote:There's a boy in my class whose last name is Wright.

My Japanese teacher's son's name is Phoenix. He also said, that, if the baby were born a girl, he and his wife would name it Mia.

I was like... omg. I squealed, actually.


You are:

NORMAL

Should I be in that position, well...
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Prosecutor Manella
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 pm
Custom Title: In The Middle of It Now

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Prosecutor Manella »

Three people in my year.

Diego.

Mia.

Dahlia.

Diego dumped Dahlia to go out with Mia.

To prove this, I will go and get my Yearbook, and take shots.
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

Acroma v2.0 wrote:
Spoiler: Saving space :that-b-word: :ayame:
Image


Hey! Those almost match the color of their clothes!

ImageImage

Aren't I right...?
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Post Reply