Angel & Demons: 8/10. Mostly because a) it managed to improve upon an average book by cutting away all the the superfluous parts and improving two characters a lot (mainly the Assassin) and b) managed to keep my interest most of the way. Also because...
Rate the Last Movie you Saw
-
Robin Goodfellow
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 229
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:29 am
- Custom Title: Resident Bookworm
- Location: The frigidland of Canada.
Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Pretty much the above, as well as (hopefully) a little description. Starting it off...
Angel & Demons: 8/10. Mostly because a) it managed to improve upon an average book by cutting away all the the superfluous parts and improving two characters a lot (mainly the Assassin) and b) managed to keep my interest most of the way. Also because...
Angel & Demons: 8/10. Mostly because a) it managed to improve upon an average book by cutting away all the the superfluous parts and improving two characters a lot (mainly the Assassin) and b) managed to keep my interest most of the way. Also because...
Spoiler: Ending spoilers

-
Jesswee
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 429
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
- Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
- Location: La la land~
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Robin Goodfellow wrote:Pretty much the above, as well as (hopefully) a little description. Starting it off...
Angel & Demons: 8/10. Mostly because a) it managed to improve upon an average book by cutting away all the the superfluous parts and improving two characters a lot (mainly the Assassin) and b) managed to keep my interest most of the way. Also because...Spoiler: Ending spoilers
That was the last movie I saw as well. I hadn't heard of the book and wasn't that interested in seeing the movie, but I did enjoy it. The helicopter scene was gorgeous.

-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
The Outsiders: 8/10
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
Tinker
- Moderators

- Posts: 3685
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
- Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
- Location: Evil Dutchieland
-
NinjaMonkey
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2257
- Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm
- Custom Title: Surf's Up!
- Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
A Fist full of Dollars: 8.5/10 (even though pretty much every character's dialogue is dubbed over, seeing as it is a spaghetti western.)
-
SerialVER
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1150
- Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm
- Custom Title: GANTALITY!
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Drop Dead Fred
L10L/10
Ok so toilet humor and Rik Mayell doing the only comedy he knows, as the only character he ever plays time and time again (excluding Young Ones) but this time it fitted the occasion and was funny.. old movie but damn good.
L10L/10
Ok so toilet humor and Rik Mayell doing the only comedy he knows, as the only character he ever plays time and time again (excluding Young Ones) but this time it fitted the occasion and was funny.. old movie but damn good.

"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\
-
DeMatador
- Moderators

- Posts: 3188
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:34 pm
- Custom Title: They don't :c
- Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/south ... entina.gif
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
UP
10/10
It recurred to some clichés, but it was touching, different, funny, and shows off Pixar's amazing talent. Excellent.
EDIT: Scrap that, 10/10.
10/10
It recurred to some clichés, but it was touching, different, funny, and shows off Pixar's amazing talent. Excellent.
EDIT: Scrap that, 10/10.
Last edited by DeMatador on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Does this only apply to the last movie we saw for the first time?
'Cause I just watched an old DVD, and... ah, what the hell, i'll rate it anyway.
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heavens' Door:
10/10
Stunning. Absolutely stunning. And the TV show is even better, often.
'Cause I just watched an old DVD, and... ah, what the hell, i'll rate it anyway.
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heavens' Door:
10/10
Stunning. Absolutely stunning. And the TV show is even better, often.
-
Louise
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7882
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
SerialVER wrote:Drop Dead Fred
L10L/10
Ok so toilet humor and Rik Mayell doing the only comedy he knows, as the only character he ever plays time and time again (excluding Young Ones) but this time it fitted the occasion and was funny.. old movie but damn good.
One of my fave childhood films. I seriously love it. The face in the fridge still cracks me up. And the dog poo, oh the dog poo!
-
LySs
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 807
- Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 pm
- Custom Title: Fabu♥
- Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
- Contact:
-
inu98756
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am
- Custom Title: Dahlia x Kristoph supporter.
- Location: Missouri, USA
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Saw III - 10/10
i love the Saw series so that's a given :3
i love the Saw series so that's a given :3

Sig by me.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOWAKANA.
-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
What the $%#@ Do We Know? - lolwut/10
it's an ad for a scientology wannabe
it's an ad for a scientology wannabe


Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
- strawberriTOMATOE
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:21 pm
- Custom Title: Tee Hee!~
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
*cough* Twilight *cough* I give it like, 6.5/10. Nothig like the book and they got sharkboy to play Jacob. FAIL.
-
Prosecutor von Karma
- Suspect

- Posts: 39
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:47 pm
- Custom Title: Perfect Prosecutor
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
School for Scoundrels: 7.5/10
Not the best movie, but pretty good. It kept my interest.
Not the best movie, but pretty good. It kept my interest.
-
Zexion
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm
- Custom Title: SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D
- Location: North Carolina
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Death Note, The last name: 8.5/10 (bought it on DVD recently) Why the rating? I love Death Note but they changed L's death completly...not as good as the first movie, but still pretyy good
-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
UP 10/10
I have a soft spot for Pixar and this movie did not disappoint me overall.
I have a soft spot for Pixar and this movie did not disappoint me overall.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
Claire
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 137
- Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:24 am
- Custom Title: Weeee~
- Location: Brazil
-
OuenTobaye
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 141
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:16 pm
- Custom Title: I am known as Drammy, IAmNotShinta...
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
What
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
OuenTobaye wrote:Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
-
silentxfilmstar
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 862
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 am
- Location: Beaverditch
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Ok, well, I saw these two movies the same day, so I'll rate them both.
Slumdog Millionaire-10/10
He's Just Not That Into You- 4.5/10
Ugh, I've grown so sick of romantic comedies. This movie was no different than any of the other romantic comedies I've seen...well, except for the fact that it was really long and boring than most. I felt no sympathy for any of the characters because I hated them all and they were extremely annoying. The whole movie was so predictable and cliche, I don't even know how I managed to watch the whole thing.
Slumdog Millionaire-10/10
He's Just Not That Into You- 4.5/10
Ugh, I've grown so sick of romantic comedies. This movie was no different than any of the other romantic comedies I've seen...well, except for the fact that it was really long and boring than most. I felt no sympathy for any of the characters because I hated them all and they were extremely annoying. The whole movie was so predictable and cliche, I don't even know how I managed to watch the whole thing.

-
Jade
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 486
- Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 pm
- Custom Title: I'm just here for the Butterbeer.
- Location: USA
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Mall Cop: 8.5/10
At the beginning, I repeatedly had the urge to go do something else because everything was predictable, but I sat through it for a few more minutes and I actually ended up laughing a lot... but this is also coming from the person who thought the new Pink Panther movies were hilarious when everyone around me thought it was stupid and predictable. Overall, it's got a bit of a slow start, but it's amusing and I actually didn't expect one of the twists in the story :o
At the beginning, I repeatedly had the urge to go do something else because everything was predictable, but I sat through it for a few more minutes and I actually ended up laughing a lot... but this is also coming from the person who thought the new Pink Panther movies were hilarious when everyone around me thought it was stupid and predictable. Overall, it's got a bit of a slow start, but it's amusing and I actually didn't expect one of the twists in the story :o

-
Mr. Bear Jew
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4353
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
- Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
- Location: Norcal
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Pokemon 4 Ever: 5/10
Standard adventure film for the kiddies, as well the expansion and introduction of legendaries in the colossal, unstoppable Pokemon franchise. Plot involves Celebi causing young Professor Oak to warp backwards through time to escape a Pokemon hunter, Ash and Co. meeting both, having fun in the sun, some Team Rocket dude trying to use Celebi's power to rule the world, and so on. For the record, the CG is pretty noticable and almost eye-catching but feels horribly out of place on a pencil-drawn background. There's also an extra Pikachu short available as a special feature. It includes, hide-and-seek and a sentient lawnmower run amok. I'll keep it at that and it's this short which makes the film. In fact, I'll change my rating to 10/10 just because of the short.
New rating: 10/10
Bottom line: If you don't feel a wave of nostalgia coming over you, UR DOIN IT RONG!
Standard adventure film for the kiddies, as well the expansion and introduction of legendaries in the colossal, unstoppable Pokemon franchise. Plot involves Celebi causing young Professor Oak to warp backwards through time to escape a Pokemon hunter, Ash and Co. meeting both, having fun in the sun, some Team Rocket dude trying to use Celebi's power to rule the world, and so on. For the record, the CG is pretty noticable and almost eye-catching but feels horribly out of place on a pencil-drawn background. There's also an extra Pikachu short available as a special feature. It includes, hide-and-seek and a sentient lawnmower run amok. I'll keep it at that and it's this short which makes the film. In fact, I'll change my rating to 10/10 just because of the short.
New rating: 10/10
Bottom line: If you don't feel a wave of nostalgia coming over you, UR DOIN IT RONG!

-
_Yoakin_
- Suspect

- Posts: 17
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 pm
- Custom Title: 異議あり!!
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Martyrs - 8/10
Wow... that was a really tough movie to watch. Makes flicks like Hostel look like kindergarten. I felt quite depressed after watching it. Definitely a movie that's not for everyone, especially not minors. Gotta say, the whole plot resolution was interesting and disturbing at the same time. But Anna's stupidity made me cringe at times especially midway through the film. Hence only an 8 out of 10 from me. The French really know how to make great horror movies.
Wow... that was a really tough movie to watch. Makes flicks like Hostel look like kindergarten. I felt quite depressed after watching it. Definitely a movie that's not for everyone, especially not minors. Gotta say, the whole plot resolution was interesting and disturbing at the same time. But Anna's stupidity made me cringe at times especially midway through the film. Hence only an 8 out of 10 from me. The French really know how to make great horror movies.

-
Zexion
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm
- Custom Title: SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D
- Location: North Carolina
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:OuenTobaye wrote:Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
I definetly agree with Lind on this one, the movie was good overall but the anime was definetly superior.
-
Pickens
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 938
- Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
blackrose4920 wrote:Lind_L_Tailor wrote:OuenTobaye wrote:Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
I definetly agree with Lind on this one, the movie was good overall but the anime was definetly superior.

I disagree.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Pickens wrote:blackrose4920 wrote:Lind_L_Tailor wrote:After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
I definetly agree with Lind on this one, the movie was good overall but the anime was definetly superior.
I disagree.
Why?
Also, why the pic?
-
Zexion
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 86
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm
- Custom Title: SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D
- Location: North Carolina
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Why do you disagree?
And what's with the picture of Light's mustache-less dad? (sorry, it would'nt let me qoute more than three things or something, IDK)
And what's with the picture of Light's mustache-less dad? (sorry, it would'nt let me qoute more than three things or something, IDK)
-
Pickens
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 938
- Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
The picture is because Takeshi Kaga improves the source material ten fold just by being in the movie.
But in all actuality, I've only seen a few episodes of the show, and everything seems to move at an unbearably slow pace. Also, from what I know about the ending, I'd have to say I like the movie's more.
But in all actuality, I've only seen a few episodes of the show, and everything seems to move at an unbearably slow pace. Also, from what I know about the ending, I'd have to say I like the movie's more.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Pickens wrote:The picture is because Takeshi Kaga improves the source material ten fold just by being in the movie.
But in all actuality, I've only seen a few episodes of the show, and everything seems to move at an unbearably slow pace. Also, from what I know about the ending, I'd have to say I like the movie's more.
Frankly, you can't really make an accurate opinion just by having seen a few episodes.
-
BlackJack
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2701
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 pm
- Custom Title: Friction, baby! - Keith Richards
- Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Death Note argument aside (I can't say anything since I've only seen the first Live-Action film and no anime), my reviews are some of the movies I've seen this summer:
Star Trek - 9/10
I have never seen any Star Trek films/episodes before this, and it was still awesome. A fan-serving film that appeals to non-fans is made of epic win!
Death Note - 7/10
Once again, I haven't seen the anime for comparison, but this film showed me what a corrupt bastard Light/Kira is. And made me re-realize why L is the epitome of "BAMF" and why when I see him die in the anime I will feel compelled to destroy a day care center.
It loses points for being dubbed, which bothered me.
Terminator Salvation - 9/10 (1st View), 6/10 (2nd View)
At first, I thought this film was the coolest thing since Cheez Whiz, but on my second viewing I realized how laughable some of the scenes are. Like the old lady/gas station attack scene. It is teh lolz.
Christian Bale still kicks ass.
The Hangover - 8/10
I was hesitant to watch a comedy in theaters as comedies nowadays are so very hit-and-miss. But I was pleasantly surprised. Quotable dialogue and crazy humor make this movie a great watch. Stick around for the slide show.

Star Trek - 9/10
I have never seen any Star Trek films/episodes before this, and it was still awesome. A fan-serving film that appeals to non-fans is made of epic win!
Death Note - 7/10
Once again, I haven't seen the anime for comparison, but this film showed me what a corrupt bastard Light/Kira is. And made me re-realize why L is the epitome of "BAMF" and why when I see him die in the anime I will feel compelled to destroy a day care center.
It loses points for being dubbed, which bothered me.
Terminator Salvation - 9/10 (1st View), 6/10 (2nd View)
At first, I thought this film was the coolest thing since Cheez Whiz, but on my second viewing I realized how laughable some of the scenes are. Like the old lady/gas station attack scene. It is teh lolz.
Christian Bale still kicks ass.
The Hangover - 8/10
I was hesitant to watch a comedy in theaters as comedies nowadays are so very hit-and-miss. But I was pleasantly surprised. Quotable dialogue and crazy humor make this movie a great watch. Stick around for the slide show.

-
Tinker
- Moderators

- Posts: 3685
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
- Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
- Location: Evil Dutchieland
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Coraline 7/10
Not as great as I expected, but still pretty good at being disturbing.
Not as great as I expected, but still pretty good at being disturbing.

-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
BlackJack
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2701
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 pm
- Custom Title: Friction, baby! - Keith Richards
- Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
dullahan1 wrote:Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.
Spoiler:
-
Burninator
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1562
- Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 pm
- Custom Title: Good 'til the last drop.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Up: 9.5/10
Definitely one of Pixar's best.
Definitely one of Pixar's best.
-
Robin Goodfellow
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 229
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:29 am
- Custom Title: Resident Bookworm
- Location: The frigidland of Canada.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
BlackJack wrote:dullahan1 wrote:Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-
BlackJack
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2701
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 pm
- Custom Title: Friction, baby! - Keith Richards
- Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Robin Goodfellow wrote:BlackJack wrote:dullahan1 wrote:Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.Spoiler:Spoiler:
Except those damn Air Bud sequels.
THEY KEEP MAKING THEM!!
-
inu98756
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am
- Custom Title: Dahlia x Kristoph supporter.
- Location: Missouri, USA
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Stuck
4.5/5
i was just flipping through channels when i saw this. this is such a weird movie. apparantly it's based on a true story.
here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dbkeGEsVPk
btw, the trailer makes the movie look like a comedy, but it's not.
4.5/5
i was just flipping through channels when i saw this. this is such a weird movie. apparantly it's based on a true story.
here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dbkeGEsVPk
btw, the trailer makes the movie look like a comedy, but it's not.

Sig by me.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOWAKANA.
-
messina
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 134
- Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:49 pm
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Garuda Di Dadaku (Eng: Garuda On My Chest)- 8.5/10
I LOVE this movie!!!! (yes its Indonesian) I like how it ends and the child actors are pretty good at acting. XD
I LOVE this movie!!!! (yes its Indonesian) I like how it ends and the child actors are pretty good at acting. XD
-
BlackJack
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2701
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 pm
- Custom Title: Friction, baby! - Keith Richards
- Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
American History X - 9/10
A powerful story. First movie to make me cry in years. Proves once again why Edward Norton is one of the best actors in Hollywood.
A powerful story. First movie to make me cry in years. Proves once again why Edward Norton is one of the best actors in Hollywood.
-
kazzy
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 270
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:18 am
- Custom Title: SHINing key~kayfaradaylove.
- Location: sydney the land of the crap transport system RISE AND KILL~
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
eagle eye: 8/10 beautiful car chase/blow up scenes, making me think he was dead but he wasn't, tedious in the beginning.
go, watch, NOW.
go, watch, NOW.

SHINee|B2ST|빅뱅i|U-KISS|2AM|4minute|2NE1|SNSD<3
"people who always eat instant noodles never die." taboo_neku


see how it withers before my flower of justice









