Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 11[ 435 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Books!Topic%20Title

yeah so I left.

I noticed there wasn't really a place to talk about books, so I made a topic (if there is, please move or delete this topic :) )

For me, I just finished reading a book I got today, and... wow. Just wow. I don't think I'll ever think about death in the same way again.

The book's title is Everlost, by Neal Shusterman (who is fast becoming my favourite author), and it's about two kids who become trapped in Limbo, or Everlost as it's known in the book, who try and come back to life. Once you get over the slightly clunky writing style, the theme overwhelms you throughout the story... I know it's going to be in my head for days now. Seriously. Read
it. D:

You guys talk about your favourite books and stuff, too. :D
Re: Books!Topic%20Title

GANTALITY!

The "Age of .... " series by Eric Hobsbawm is a must for history interested people. Well, European I guess.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

The Troy trilogy by David Gemmell is brilliant! So engaging and really well balanced.

My name is Judge.

I've gotta say some of my favorites were actually school assigned books. Here's a sampling of my many favorites.

-To Kill a Mockingbird: When I read this Freshman year, everyone I knew said they absolutely HATED it. Albeit, it was my only year in non-Honors English classes, and as a result, many people in my class disliked reading in general. Anyway, it is a touching story, and the characters are very believeable. I can't say I'd read it again sometime soon, but that's because when I did read it, I was very into it.

-Lord of the Flies: Another commonly disliked book. I really enjoyed the reality that was faced with us that despite how civilized we try to be, put in desperate situations, we may turn to desperate escapes.

-Eragon (Series): As a disclaimer, I've read Lord of the Rings, and YES I've seen Star Wars, and know the plot is very similar to it. I bought the book a long time back, and never actually read it, then, about eight months later I said, hell, why not. It was a pretty interesting experience. I have a special place in my heart for fantasy novels and this one was pretty amazing. Despite being 600 pages long. Frankly, who cares, you get more story out of it! Anyway, out of all the books, I have to say the latest installation to the series, Brisngr, is my favorite of them all.

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. one of my favorite books, i recommend everyone to read it. (well, anything by conan doyle is genius anyways.)

White Fang and The Sea-Wolf. Jack London is another one of my favorite authors.

Into the wild by Jon Krakauer. VERY interesting read.

Lord of the Rings trilogy :gant: :gant: :gant:

Ich liebe dich, baby~

I rarely read novels, but among the few I've read Memoirs of a Geisha has to take the cake. I read it long before the movie came out, dug the book out of my mom's stash. I'm a big Japan geek so I found it to be a very interesting read.

SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D

Maximum Ride One of my favorite books right now...
The Lightning Theif Reading it for some stupid summer reading project, its ok
Most my manga (Death Note, mainly) <3
Sig made by me :)

GANTALITY!

Am I the only one who posted a non-fiction series of books?

Actually concidering my mindset on history books, it is possible fiction, a interpretation of reality and as thus should never been taken as gospel, as with all so called non-fiction.

Right! Fiction suggestion, I remember reading some books as a younger person which I liked called The Vampire Twin's, I think. There was 4 of the books but I never read the last one.

Blood Ties
Blood Lust
Blood hrm, I forget the other titles, but yeah, I liked them.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Robo-Aly

Anything by Douglas Coupland. He's an incredible author.

Mongol warlords need damn good lawyers

I really love anything by Haruki Murakami. I'm reading the Wind-up Bird Chronicle at the moment and it's really awesome- I also like the insight into Japanese culture you get from it (I'm no Japanophile so a lot passes me by, but I find little things like the way that they describe people when everyone has the same hair/eye colour etc. really interesting)

I also read lots of childrens books- stuff like A Series of Unfortunate Events and Diana Wynne Jones and Cornelia Funke, which is a really good antidote to a lot of the tedious stuff I have to read for my university course :study:. And I am absolutely in love with Jasper Fforde, who writes slightly insane but incredibly good parallel-world type stuff.

(... on an unrelated note, could the list of smileys on this board be any more awesome? And by "awesome" I partly mean "intimidating"... :eh?:)

Maximum Ride
The Black Magician Trilogy
Priestess of the White and sequels, I forget the trilogy name ><
The Host
Twilight series *shot*
^ Click for my graphics ^

i feel pretty

The Dexter series, and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

Lind_L_Tailor wrote:
The Dexter series, and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

So the Dexter series on the tv is based on the book right? Cause I really loved the concept of Dexter but I didn't like the actor.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D

Nadindi wrote:
Maximum Ride
The Host
Twilight series *shot*

Ok, I'll admit I USED to like the series, but now I hate it, and THE MOVIE SUCKED!! Hell, its not just the movies and books I hate, but just all the damn popularity!! :edgeworth:
Sig made by me :)

yeah so I left.

The Power of Five series, by Anthony Horowitz... I hope the last one comes out soon...

My name is Judge.

Ah... I'm reminded from another topic at possibly the worst book I have ever read. Excuse me, second worst, nothing's worse than Twilight (it killed me to even freaking finish the book). Anyway, the books name is A Seperate Peace. Its extremely boring and slow paced, the homosexual undertones are unbearable, both main characters wallow in whiny self pity, and even after the so called climax, there's like thirty extra pages to give enough room to kill the climax's impact. Thats right, there's both a climax AND an anti-climax.

GANTALITY!

Percei wrote:
Ah... I'm reminded from another topic at possibly the worst book I have ever read. Excuse me, second worst, nothing's worse than Twilight (it killed me to even freaking finish the book). Anyway, the books name is A Seperate Peace. Its extremely boring and slow paced, the homosexual undertones are unbearable, both main characters wallow in whiny self pity, and even after the so called climax, there's like thirty extra pages to give enough room to kill the climax's impact. Thats right, there's both a climax AND an anti-climax.

Joy comes with realisation. Highs comes with a coming down after. Anti-climax seems fine to me though I've never read that book. I found the first Harry Potter so damn hard to get into between the over the top descriptions of candles and how great certain people were that I had to burn it.

I guess the concept is, you do not want to work for your fiction or it just becomes too much effort for what it is meant to be.

I like and own all the Discworld novels, I am proud of that.

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

Zexion wrote:
Nadindi wrote:
Maximum Ride
The Host
Twilight series *shot*

Ok, I'll admit I USED to like the series, but now I hate it, and THE MOVIE SUCKED!! Hell, its not just the movies and books I hate, but just all the damn popularity!! :edgeworth:

i don't think popularity is a good reason to not like a book. however, i do agree, the fans are very annoying, too annoying.

another book (well epic poem) i enjoyed was actually the odyssey, i don't see why everyone hated it in freshman year.

Robo-Aly

Twilight is poorly written. That alone is a good enough reason not to like it.

This is not, however, a thread to bash Twilight (We have, or at least, had one of those already).

I have to say that I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen's novels. I do find it irritating how people overlook/ignore everything in them but the romance. The books discuss more than just romance! They discuss the issues with society and women's role in society.

Frendship is golden.

I like Stephen King.
"I will become a Dragon, because it can only keep up with the Tiger... Thus, I can always be by your side forever."
~Ryuji Takasu

Ivan is watching you...

Ace attorney casebooks
Nora
Guardians of Ga'Hoole series
the golden compass series
LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->Image

Robo-Aly

Meowbjection wrote:
Ace attorney casebooks
Nora

The series is called His Dark Materials :)

It's a legendary!

Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. Very well plotted, and beliveable if you can suspend your belief (does that even make sense?). Go read.
Oh, it's a signature.

Ivan is watching you...

Akane wrote:
Meowbjection wrote:
Ace attorney casebooks
Nora

The series is called His Dark Materials :)

I knew there was a name for it I just forgot and i didn't want to go look it up :uramidn:
LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->Image

GANTALITY!

I am going throw out an oddball for you all.

The Essential Spike Milligan. It has some interesting insight into his rather interesting mind.

♥Klavier and Ema fan forever ♥

i have 2 favs

Fairest by gail carson Levine
Ever by gail carson Levine

yea.. =o

~EDIT~
My new fav is Arthur and The Minimoys by Luc Besson probably because
My favorite singer voiced the part of Arthur in the German Version :keiko: lol
Million thanks for making this epic siggy, Vickinator! and another million thanks to Nadini for making that awesome avatar

Couples I support? well...
♥Klavier and Ema♥

Last edited by moon_pie! on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeah so I left.

I just finished The Knife of Never Letting Go, by Patrick Ness. It somehow manages to be fantasy and sci-fi at the same time, and the characterisation is carried out extraordinarily well. I can't wait for the second book in the series, which comes out in October this year. ^___^

no, nothing

madamegenghis wrote:
I really love anything by Haruki Murakami. I'm reading the Wind-up Bird Chronicle at the moment and it's really awesome- I also like the insight into Japanese culture you get from it (I'm no Japanophile so a lot passes me by, but I find little things like the way that they describe people when everyone has the same hair/eye colour etc. really interesting)

this is my favorite book

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Percei wrote:
I've gotta say some of my favorites were actually school assigned books. Here's a sampling of my many favorites.

-To Kill a Mockingbird: When I read this Freshman year, everyone I knew said they absolutely HATED it. Albeit, it was my only year in non-Honors English classes, and as a result, many people in my class disliked reading in general. Anyway, it is a touching story, and the characters are very believeable. I can't say I'd read it again sometime soon, but that's because when I did read it, I was very into it.

-Lord of the Flies: Another commonly disliked book. I really enjoyed the reality that was faced with us that despite how civilized we try to be, put in desperate situations, we may turn to desperate escapes.

I really enjoyed those books too. I normally enjoy books normally school assigned (however, I normally read them on my own). I prefer books that take some time into reading them, those that have thought and meaning. :)

Anyways, about 2 years ago I found a book I really enjoyed. It's young adult fiction, but it was interesting. It's called Mimus by Lilli Thal. It's not a genre (historical fantasy) I normally read or anything, but I really ended up enjoying it, though I normally detest all Young Adult's literature. It was originally written in German but translated into English. It's about a Prince who is forced to become a Jester for a rival kingdom. I can't explain it but... yeah it's good. Haha. It's dark, it's whimsical and it's witty. If you search it up on anywhere, you'll find those reviews do a much better job than me at praising it. :maya:
Thank you ILoveMaxGalactica* for the signature~

The member who doesn't swear much

I'm reading the second Henderson's Boys book (I forgot it's name) by Robert Muchamore, and I'm reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy (of 5, soon to be 6) by Douglas Adams. I finished High Voltage Smile by Nichola Moffatt a few days ago, and despite it being wierd, it's quite good.

Anyone who's not read the Hitchhiker's series, needs to. It's my fave book series yet.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

yeah so I left.

Soon to be six? Isn't Douglas Adams dead?

The member who doesn't swear much

Furtzurbus wrote:

Eoin Colfer's writing the sixth one.

And yes, he is sadly deceased. ;_;
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Call me Ishmael.

The Catcher in the Rye. Best book ever. >:3
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

no, nothing

Blade Satoshi X wrote:
Furtzurbus wrote:

Eoin Colfer's writing the sixth one.

And yes, he is sadly deceased. ;_;
idk what to think about this, i kind of liked it as it was
i should go back and reread em

also, salmon of doubt was really good, it's too bad he was never able to finish it

I love;

Invisible Monsters - Chuck Palahniuk
Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Georges Marvellous Medicine - Roald Dahl =P

Yeah I'm not really into books.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

Maximum Ride, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Narnia, Discworld, Xanth, and the House of Night make up my favorite books. I prefer manga, though.
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!

:)

I got loads of books. XD

My favorite book series is the Vampirate Series by Justin Stomper. Mixing vampires and pirates together was great and I loved the characters.And a shipping I loved in that book became true. Of ocurse that's not just the only reason, I had no idea what was coming and so many unexpected things happened. I can't wait for the next book to come out and I would love it to become a movie.

I like some of Roald Dahl's books. I think my favorite has to be The Witches. I really did enjoy The Boy In The Dress by David Walliams; that book was hilarious at some bits.

I read Brigit Jones's Dairy in one sitting.

I bought the Battle Royale Novel the other day and I'm happy. I've been wanting the novel for a few years noe since getting hooked to the movie and manga.

Anyone here got that 100 classic books thing for the DS? That's great for reading book son the go because I can't go anywhere without something to read and something to write with as well. I finished reading the secret garden on that, and I loved the story. Read the phantom of the opera there as well.

seems interesting!

Quote:
Anyone who's not read the Hitchhiker's series, needs to. It's my fave book series yet.
more like

no

nobody needs to read h2g2

because it is bad

My name is Judge.

Oh zuddy, how wrong you are. :)

Chief Oldbagger

I'm into murder mysteries at the moment, and I found loads of Agatha Christie books.

Murder on the Orient Express is the best murder mystery ever.
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Page 1 of 11 [ 435 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices