Re: Let's spork some horrible Fanfiction!
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:40 pm
Didn't this thread only have like five pages a little over a year ago?
An Ace Attorney / Gyakuten Saiban Fansite
https://forums.court-records.net:443/
But a punishment for who? With that fic, it could be anyone XD.Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:Well, with how the forums lately has reached 1e6 posts outside of the random chat subforums, I think our community has grown quite a lot. It kinda went into a slump around the time I first joined, and it was some time after GK2 was announced to not be localized, so I've been around to see things slowly build back up to now.
This thread has been among one of the more popular ones, for obvious reasons.
Speaking of mine in progress, since it's so dang long and I still would like to get through a good deal of it before I may eventually quit, I think I may need to cut out plenty to skip through these chapters. If anyone's been waiting for a punishment sporking, I think this one may be one just right. Leave it to me, guys.
I used my "Super Mega Ultra" Google Translate and noticed how cool it sounded, and I love AAI, exactly why I recommended it.AireyVerkhovensky wrote:Hmm, a French fic... I was translating fanfiction the other day, although this one is twice as long and looks like it might be better?
It's called Miles Edgeworth's Investigations: Royal Turnabout and the summary says, "A recently reunified country is now threatening to split. It's up to prosecutor Miles Edgeworth to stop a new civil war. For this, the investigation must progress quickly and efficiently, but time is so short and the investigation so complex and unpredictable, even for the brilliant prosecutor."
Honestly, that sounds pretty good. Although it is interesting that they're calling him Miles Edgeworth instead of Benjamin Hunter, his localized name in France. (That Gavincest(?) French fic a while back did the same thing, actually, with Klavier being called Klavier instead of Konrad.)
By this time tomorrow, plus an hour, I'll have examples of my translation work up on one of my Tumblrs, so I'll link them here and then if anyone wants the translation of this fic, I might go for it...
Clearly, but that's no excuse to have an office explode and Apollo being Maya's bride and...cuteyounggirlplus wrote:@ob9410 Ace Attorney Time Tales. Wow, the composition of that fanfic. I can't even tell what is supposed to be going on. (Although, it's obviously a troll fic.)
Edgeworth: It's the first line of the fic and we're greeted with caps-lock abuse. This is off to a great start, surely it is.Drunkshoe's Adventure
By: Batty Rose
Disclaimer: I OWN NOTHING!
Edgeworth: I'm not completely certain when this fic takes place, but if Maya isn't old enough to drink, then neither is Franziska. Also, if the prosecutor used Larry as their decisive witness, then their case must not have been very solid.Late one night, Phoenix Wright and the gang (the members of which constantly changed) held their traditional celebratory drinks and/or dinner night following yet another successful trial. Even his opponents, Miles Edgeworth and Dick Gumshoe, were present, as they typically were of late. Since they had moved on to the "drinks" part of the night, Maya and Pearl Fey had gone home, leaving a tipsy crew consisting of Phoenix, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Franziska von Karma (because she 'wanted to keep an eye on that scruffy idiot' or whatever), and Larry Butz, who was somehow the key witness for the sixth consecutive time.
Kay: …Does Mr. Wright… titter?"A toast!" Phoenix tittered as he raised his whiskey glass and pointed one finger in the direction his voice carried (which he always did when yelling, it turns out). "To me winning another case!"
Edgeworth: Wright is volunteering to pay? Especially for something as expensive as alcohol? Now I know he's out of character.A few people mumbled. Phoenix frowned at the lack of enthusiasm.
"Also, drinks are on me!" he added.
The bar burst into cheers and applause, to which the attorney clumsily bowed.
Edgeworth: Detective Gumshoe. I hope you don't mix up words like that on a regular basis."That idiot," muttered Edgeworth. "He only got lucky."
"I know!" Gumshoe boomed in reply. "Heck, if you were on the case, we woulda won for sure, sure. I mean, sir. We woulda won for sir, sure. No, wait." He took a swig of his beer. "Aw, who cares? Free drinks!" Another cheer erupted through the room.
Kay: Are you calling Gummy that?Edgeworth rolled his eyes and whispered, "Such a moron."
All: …"Yoo-hoo! Larryyy~" Franziska called out. "Where aaaaaare yooou?"
Edgeworth: That's something I often ask myself, actually.He was sobbing in the corner about something, but Franziska didn't notice.
"Her, too?" The prosecutor sighed and massaged his forehead. "Tell me something, Gumshoe. Why do people enjoy the drunken company of others?"
Kay: I liked my explanation better. Also, what's that "at ease" for?"Um..." The detective paused and blinked. "Because they're drunk too, sure?"
"Wrong word."
"Right! Sir!" He snapped to attention.
"At ease."
Edgeworth: Yes, it really would be nice if everyone payed more attention to their dignity.Gumshoe relaxed. "Hey. Why don't you have a drink, sir?"
"Because I pride myself on my public image," replied Edgeworth coolly. He traced his finger along the edge of his glass of water. "I rather wish all of you did as well."
"Uh. Good point, sir."
Edgeworth: I really don't want to know the details between Larry and those bar stools.As the night continued, so did the drinking, and the collective alcohol intake of the group rose to uncomfortable levels. Almost everybody wound up going home after an embarrassing encounter between Larry and a row of bar stools,
Gumshoe: H-Hey, I don't stink! D-Do I?and the prosecutor and his sidekick followed suit. The former rolled his eyes again as he kept a steady arm around the latter.
"Thanks," Gumshoe slurred. "You're a real pal."
"I'm just doing my duty as a good samaritan," said Edgeworth. "Had you stayed longer, your smell would have put that bar out of business."
"Haaa! That's funny."
"I wasn't joking."
"Huh? Y-you weren't?" Gumshoe strained to understand, making his balance even worse.
Kay: How do you pronounce all those H's together?Edgeworth barely managed to pull him back after he stumbled too far to the side.
"Careful!" he scolded. "You'll fall off the sidewalk."
"Oh. Sorry." They continued in silence for another block. "Hhhey, Sir?"
Gumshoe: Really? Can I, sir?Edgeworth sighed. "What is it?"
"Can..." The detective concentrated on speaking as slowly and clearly as he could. "Can I... call you Edgeworth?"
"... I suppose."
Edgeworth: Absolutely not.Gumshoe smiled. "R-really? Then, can I call you Miles?"
Kay: Echo!"Absolutely not."
Kay: How have you only heard that he can't make minimum wage? You're the one who put him in that state!"Oh." He looked dejected for a second, but then snapped back into his grin. "Hey, Edgeworth!"
"What now?"
"That's it." He pointed in the general direction of an apartment building that looked like it was about to fall apart. "That's my place."
"Oh." Edgeworth wrinkled his nose. True, he'd heard of Gumshoe's... unfortunate inability to earn more than minimum wage, but this place was just awful.
Edgeworth: I am not.He watched as the poor guy fumbled with his keys, trying to unlock the front door but not even almost hitting his target. He sighed. "Give me the keys."
Gumshoe sulked and handed them over. Edgeworth watched him from the corner of his eye while thumbing through the keys, worried that the oaf might manage to injure himself by simply standing still. It could happen, he figured. The guy was drunk, after all. Then the door clicked open. Gumshoe's eyes lit up. "Thanks, pal! I'll see ya tomorrow."
"Not so fast," corrected Edgeworth, putting his arm around the big guy again. "I'm not leaving until you're in your apartment. You'll probably kill yourself on those stairs."
"Aaaahh, you're always so w-worried." But Gumshoe didn't object to the help.
Gumshoe: But I only have two pockets…He had a giant, goofy smile on his face the whole time they climbed the stairs. By the time they reached the top, Edgeworth was huffing and grabbing his knees to stay standing.
"Please tell me this is your floor," he wheezed.
Gumshoe stumbled to a door just a couple feet away and reached for his pocket. His face fell with confusion as he started searching his gigantic coat's infinite supply of pockets.
Kay: -Alive in the morning?Edgeworth sighed and said, "I still have the keys." Then he proceeded to unlock the door. "Here you go," he dropped the keys in Gumshoe's hand. "Now, are you sure you'll be al-"
All: …Suddenly, his air supply was cut off due to a serious case of bear hug. "Oof! Gumshoe! Get off of me!"
The detective only responded by squeezing him tighter. "I love you, pal!" he sobbed. "I really do."
Edgeworth: …Too surprised and constricted to react, Edgeworth stood completely still. Several uncomfortable seconds later, Gumshoe's crying began to calm down. The prosecutor cleared his throat. "Hey. Gumshoe."
"Yessir?"
"Get off of me."
"R-right!" He let go so fast, he nearly knocked Edgeworth over. "Sorry!" he hiccuped.
"You're forgiven." The smaller guy steadied himself and knocked some dust from his sleeves. "Now go sleep this off. I want you fully recovered when you're back on duty tomorrow."
"Yes, sir!" Gumshoe paused as if he was deciding something. Then, very quickly and almost as clumsily, he leaned forward and planted a scratchy kiss on Edgeworth's cheek.
Edgeworth: Yes. Let us please do that.The latter stiffened in alarm as the former beamed, shouted, "G'night!" and bolted inside.
It took a few minutes for Edgeworth to compose himself enough to leave.
He was just drunk, he told himself. Just act like it never happened.
Edgeworth: No! Not pleasant! Not endearing! Those two words don't work with Detective Gumshoe!And yet, as he walked home, he pondered the kiss some more. In its own stupid, clumsy, ridiculous way, that oaf's affection was... pleasant. Endearing, even.
Edgeworth: I definitely do not.Edgeworth smiled.
Maybe I like this drink night tradition after all.
Edgeworth: Thanks goodness.Fin
I am. I already found a fic for it, I just haven't actually started the sporking yet. By the way, I'm excited to see Ray in the sporking theatre. He's definetly one that would be funny.Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:Speaking of which, could someone remind me who is doing Athena's punishment sporking? I feel it's a little pressed to force her in my sporking when I'm letting Kay and Ray take the spotlight.
Could I collab with you on it? I started a little setting of Athena's Punishment Sporking in my next sporking.Skittlemask wrote:I am. I already found a fic for it, I just haven't actually started the sporking yet. By the way, I'm excited to see Ray in the sporking theatre. He's definetly one that would be funny.Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:Speaking of which, could someone remind me who is doing Athena's punishment sporking? I feel it's a little pressed to force her in my sporking when I'm letting Kay and Ray take the spotlight.
It depends if you're OK with the fic I chose, as I'd probably have to post it elsewhere and just link it here. Unless you chose one more suiting to punish her. What fic do you have in mind?ob9410 wrote:Could I collab with you on it? I started a little setting of Athena's Punishment Sporking in my next sporking.Skittlemask wrote:I am. I already found a fic for it, I just haven't actually started the sporking yet.
No, it's not. I was thinking of doing that one, but I couldn't stomach reading past the 2nd line break, exactly because it's a pain to read. The fic I found is one on AO3 that is Phoenix/Athena.cuteyounggirlplus wrote:@Skittlemask Is it the JustiCykesQuill one? Good luck. It's definitely a drag to read.

Okay, I'm up for that.Skittlemask wrote:No, it's not. I was thinking of doing that one, but I couldn't stomach reading past the 2nd line break, exactly because it's a pain to read. The fic I found is one on AO3 that is Phoenix/Athena.cuteyounggirlplus wrote:@Skittlemask Is it the JustiCykesQuill one? Good luck. It's definitely a drag to read.