Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface- End

The place for forum games and random chitchat. Your post count won't increase here.
Post Reply
Collin1002
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:49 pm
Custom Title: fella
Location: right behind you

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Collin1002 »

WinterCoat wrote:
Joker wrote:Klifford was sitting down listening to the radio with the others. However, at the mention of his name and his wife he jumped up.

"What the hell?!" He shouted angrily, ignoring the rest of the message. "I did no such thing! Who would say something like this?"
"I wasn't gonna say anythin', but since even you don't know what that's about, I'd say it adds to the idea that the mayor has a conspiracy goin' against us," Brandy said.
"Perhaps it's just a false rumor to tarnish your reputation?" Oliver guessed. "I swear, if that bloody bastard tries to ruin my reputation and fame..." he grumbled before awkwardly clearing his throat.

"A-Ah, anyway," he began, running a hand through his red hair. "It has to be a false rumor either spread by the media, jealous of our talents and wanting to undermine us, or the mayor, likewise trying to undermine our reputation for whatever reason. I just wonder... The mayor started the Star Citizen program. It seemed to be because the town was slipping economically, but with sending us down here to participate in this infernal killing game... What is the mayor trying to accomplish?" He shrugged, unsure of the answer.
Joker
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Joker »

WinterCoat wrote:"I wasn't gonna say anythin', but since even you don't know what that's about, I'd say it adds to the idea that the mayor has a conspiracy goin' against us," Brandy said.
Collin1002 wrote: "Perhaps it's just a false rumor to tarnish your reputation?" Oliver guessed. "I swear, if that bloody bastard tries to ruin my reputation and fame..." he grumbled before awkwardly clearing his throat.
"Maybe you guys are right." Klifford replied. That idea seemed to calm him down a little. "He didn't have to drag my wife and daughter into this, though. The mayor can say whatever he wants about me, but leave them out of this."
WinterCoat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The American Dream

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by WinterCoat »

Brandy decided to try and change the subject a little. "By the way, Kliff, I didn't know you were married. Though, I guess that explains the name you called me when I woke you up the other night."
Cold52
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm
Custom Title: Just another day.

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Cold52 »

Joker wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:"I wasn't gonna say anythin', but since even you don't know what that's about, I'd say it adds to the idea that the mayor has a conspiracy goin' against us," Brandy said.
Collin1002 wrote: "Perhaps it's just a false rumor to tarnish your reputation?" Oliver guessed. "I swear, if that bloody bastard tries to ruin my reputation and fame..." he grumbled before awkwardly clearing his throat.
"Maybe you guys are right." Klifford replied. That idea seemed to calm him down a little. "He didn't have to drag my wife and daughter into this, though. The mayor can say whatever he wants about me, but leave them out of this."
"Not to try and accuse your wife of shit doc, but aint it possible your wife's in on it somehow?"
Joker
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Joker »

WinterCoat wrote:Brandy decided to try and change the subject a little. "By the way, Kliff, I didn't know you were married. Though, I guess that explains the name you called me when I woke you up the other night."
"Oh, I kind of forgot about that." Klifford chuckles. "I was half asleep then and I thought I was back home." He then sighs. "I hope she's alright. I miss her a lot..."
Cold52 wrote: "Not to try and accuse your wife of shit doc, but aint it possible your wife's in on it somehow?"
Klifford frowns as he turns to face Matt. "It's not possible. Leanne would never do something like that to me. I trust her completely."
WinterCoat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The American Dream

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by WinterCoat »

Joker wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:Brandy decided to try and change the subject a little. "By the way, Kliff, I didn't know you were married. Though, I guess that explains the name you called me when I woke you up the other night."
"Oh, I kind of forgot about that." Klifford chuckles. "I was half asleep then and I thought I was back home." He then sighs. "I hope she's alright. I miss her a lot..."
Brandy smiled at him. "Don't you worry now, you'll be able to see her again soon. I jus' know it."
Joker
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Joker »

"Thanks." Klifford replied, smiling back at Brandy. "I hope you're right."
Cold52
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm
Custom Title: Just another day.

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Cold52 »

Joker wrote:
Cold52 wrote: "Not to try and accuse your wife of shit doc, but aint it possible your wife's in on it somehow?"
Klifford frowns as he turns to face Matt. "It's not possible. Leanne would never do something like that to me. I trust her completely."
"That's what they all say before there wife's stab them in the back doc, best prepare yourself in case shit hits the fan...but what do I know im just a lousy drunk afterall."
Matt began to walk away.
Aint like I havent been through shit like it before.
Kachu
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm
Custom Title: Sock

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Kachu »

"Ah yes, the man accused of stealing money said he didn't do it." Bennett sighs. "Clearly we're being tricked!" Bennett says in the most blatantly sarcastic tone he can muster.

"Come to think of it, wouldn't someone who actually stole money say the same thing...?"
Datamatt
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Datamatt »

CaptainPancakes wrote:"You are beginning to age, aren't you?" Ivan smirked as he walked with Daniel towards the log cabin. "Sleeping on the job, slipping and falling..."

"Perhaps it's time for me to finally surpass you?" he joked while rubbing his hands together for warmth.
"Pfft," Daniel gives a gruff laugh. "You've still got a long way to go, kid, even if my back starts hurtin'. But I guarantee you, I'm still in my best form!"

He looks around in the log cabin, somewhat disappointed. "I didn't expect much, but I'm still disappointed. Even the barracks are better than this place."
KamiPanda
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am
Custom Title: Shy guy
Location: Inside the mirror

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by KamiPanda »

Completely missing out on everything going on in the radio room, Seb looked around the log cabin expressionlessly. "No signs of Enola, and I don't think there's anything that will help us progress through the caves either," he said, idly scuffing his boot on the ground and watching dust fly up. "At least it's a nice, wooden floor. I can clean it if I get bored." It was unclear how serious he was about that.
Lone
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am
Location: Japan

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Lone »

Finally having the time to post in chapter 2, Ciro speaks up.

“Our dear mayor, how can he think things are going well? He can’t say he doesn’t know, as he hasn’t heard from us in ages. To think that this entire town has him in charge. Boy, he better look out next election, hm?”
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Southern Corn »

"Kee, then you all need to get out of this place!" Bruce squeaks. "Otherwise they'll never realise what's going on here!"


"...And what was that about an expedition I heard? You guys never told me what you were down for!" Bruce pouts sadly. "If you were looking for someone, you could have asked me! My eyes and ears are open to anyone and everyone who steps into these caves, kee!"
Image
Image
Lone
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am
Location: Japan

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Lone »

"Good idea, we were too busy with the whole murder trial thing, we never even considered that."

Ciro holds up a copy of the picture of Enola

"Have you seen this girl? We were sent down here to look for her?"
Joker
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Joker »

Cold52 wrote: "That's what they all say before there wife's stab them in the back doc, best prepare yourself in case shit hits the fan...but what do I know im just a lousy drunk afterall."
Matt began to walk away.
Aint like I havent been through shit like it before.
"I've known my wife for 12 years, Matt. I know her better than anyone." Klifford replied. "I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience in the past with a wife or girlfriend or something, but Leanne would never do something like that to me. I'd rather die here than doubt her for even just a second."
Kachu wrote:"Ah yes, the man accused of stealing money said he didn't do it." Bennett sighs. "Clearly we're being tricked!" Bennett says in the most blatantly sarcastic tone he can muster.

"Come to think of it, wouldn't someone who actually stole money say the same thing...?"
The doctor sighs again. "Feel free to believe what you want, but I did no such thing. Something tells me I won't be able to convince you otherwise, so I won't bother trying to."
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Southern Corn »

Lone wrote:"Good idea, we were too busy with the whole murder trial thing, we never even considered that."

Ciro holds up a copy of the picture of Enola

"Have you seen this girl? We were sent down here to look for her?"
"Kee... maybe I have", Bruce replies, not entirely certain. "How many days has it been since she disappeared? A week? A month?"
Image
Image
Kachu
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm
Custom Title: Sock

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Kachu »

Joker wrote:
Kachu wrote:"Ah yes, the man accused of stealing money said he didn't do it." Bennett sighs. "Clearly we're being tricked!" Bennett says in the most blatantly sarcastic tone he can muster.

"Come to think of it, wouldn't someone who actually stole money say the same thing...?"
The doctor sighs again. "Feel free to believe what you want, but I did no such thing. Something tells me I won't be able to convince you otherwise, so I won't bother trying to."
“Hey, I’d love to believe ya.” Bennett shrugs. “I’m more surprised everyone else isn’t even questioning you. Are you that trustworthy of a guy, doc?”

Bennett turns away from Klifford and starts speaking to everyone else. “I’m just saying that nobody here should be so quick to jump ahead and trust someone. You never know what they’re thinking...”
JesusMonroe
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by JesusMonroe »

Benjamin closed the book he was reading and began perusing the shelf for another one. “I don’t care if Klifford stole money or not, as long as he doesn’t steal from me. What the mayor is saying up there doesn’t affect what’s going on down here.” He seemed to find a book to his liking and grabbed it.

“Furthermore, we need Klifford’s insight in case there’s another trial. Or a random injury. So even if he stole from his wife, he’s part of the team.”
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Southern Corn »

"Hmm... If I recall correctly, I saw Ms. Gardner go down here the day before the expedition itself. So... almost a week now?" Micah says.

"Kee... So a day before you all came here?" Bruce shakes its head. "Sorry... I don't think I saw anybody here at that time."

"Well, that's disappointing", Oliver mutters. "What happened to your eyes and ears?"

"Kee! I'm sorry... But I really didn't see anything", Bruce says sorrowfully. Everyone turns back to what they were doing previously. Some time passes by with not much happening as people fiddled around in the recreation room. As they did, the others returned from the ice cave, not finding much else there. They informed the others on what they had found there, and in turn got filled in on what the others had heard on the radio. There seemed to be a bit of intrigue in the room now.

Suddenly, the sound of something falling from afar was heard. "Ow, fuck!"

"Benny, is that you?" Brandy shouts. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"Ah, it's nothing!" Bennett shouts back. " I think I may have toppled a few books in the library, though. Seb, could you come and help me with this mess?"

Sebastian didn't seem to react to that particularly. "Alright, I'm coming!" He shouted back, quickly going over. A few people shoot him a concerned look but he doesn't appear to acknowledge them. A few minutes pass. People hear some sweeping going on there- that must have been a big mess Bennett caused. Suddenly, a cry of shock is heard, followed by footsteps.

"Guys, guys! We found something!" Bennett rushes into the room, an excited expression on his face. "You've got to come see this! This is important!"

People seem surprised by this, but slowly everyone assembles over at the library. Bennett guides them to a lonely corner, where several books are laying around. Sebastian is picking up the books and puts them in a corner as the group arrives, looking unperturbed by the whole situation.

"Well? What is it?" Daniel grunts. "You got something good for us or what?"

"Well, lemme show it to you, simply!" Bennett points over to an empty shelf, most likely where the books fell from. Behind the shelf though, there are a set of verses carved into the wood. It appears to be a...

"Ohmigosh, it's a poem!" Charlotte says, now looking more excited. "Enola's got to have written this!"

Everyone quickly assembles behind the shelf, looking at what's inscribed onto it.
Spoiler: The Second Poem
Dr. Scarface had never seen a bitch so fascinating
Tell me about your family life, he said.

Dizzy was dirty
So full of life it wore him to dust
A guardian angel from the day of our birth
I saw his wings melt in the Greek Sun
And he vanished below the city of whispers.

Mommy was hopeful
Too loving to love us
She heard Dizzy’s laughter in the melodies of birds
And cried to hide the pain
She drove away through a city of whispers.

Daddy is stupid
Pretends he can still feel without her
He steals words from my mouth
slashes them apart and ships them to shelves
A silent outcry in a city of whispers.

Finally the Gardners reunite beneath the surface
Trapped too long to taste light anymore.
After reading the poem, there's another awkward silence in the room. This poem seems to say... quite a lot.
Image
Image
JesusMonroe
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by JesusMonroe »

Benjamin was the first to break the painfully long silence. "So Dr. Scarface must be her therapist, and the city of whispers must be Rattlewater. The first poem seemed to suggest Dizzy was her mother, but now it seems otherwise. Her brother, maybe? And her mother left because the pain of losing Dizzy was too much to bear? And I suppose her father steals Enola's writing and publishes it himself? That's about all I can get, but I don't see how any of this helps us find her. All we know is that she was here."
Cold52
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm
Custom Title: Just another day.

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Cold52 »

JesusMonroe wrote:Benjamin was the first to break the painfully long silence. "So Dr. Scarface must be her therapist, and the city of whispers must be Rattlewater. The first poem seemed to suggest Dizzy was her mother, but now it seems otherwise. Her brother, maybe? And her mother left because the pain of losing Dizzy was too much to bear? And I suppose her father steals Enola's writing and publishes it himself? That's about all I can get, but I don't see how any of this helps us find her. All we know is that she was here."
Matt scratched his head. "Aint there one more thing important there? at the end it says..."

the Gardners reunite beneath the surface
Trapped too long to taste light anymore.

"Now im terrible with this poetry crap but...aint this implying she and her whole family are dead in this cave, we saw that father of hers already right?"
WinterCoat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The American Dream

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by WinterCoat »

Brandy nodded. "Matt, it seems that poisoned brain o' yours might be onto somethin'. Perhaps we're gonna find more bodies.

"Furthermore, it seems the statement of Dizzy's wings meltin' in the sun is an allusion to a Greek myth wherein Icarus flew too close to the sun n' melted his wax wings. It's a cautionary tale 'bout rememberin' your limits, so maybe Dizzy got in over his head? And if Benjamin's right 'bout the City of Whispers bein' Rattlewater, then that must mean he's down here somewhere."
KamiPanda
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am
Custom Title: Shy guy
Location: Inside the mirror

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by KamiPanda »

"I guess this time there's no denying it. She must have seen her father's body when she went down here," Seb said from off to one side, still cleaning up the fallen books. "Yet the bat says it didn't see her enter at all? She must have been here if she was able to leave all these poems... But then, how did she reach this place? The rocks blocking our way would have blocked hers too."
JesusMonroe
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by JesusMonroe »

"Maybe she knocked them down behind her?" Benjamin guessed. "I suppose we can ask Bruce if those boulders were there more than a week ago."
KamiPanda
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am
Custom Title: Shy guy
Location: Inside the mirror

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by KamiPanda »

"But wasn't Carrie already familiar with the area?" Seb replied. "If the way had already been open, or at least could be cleared with little enough difficulty that Enola could do it, how did Carrie not discover her parents sooner?"
JesusMonroe
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by JesusMonroe »

Benjamin pondered the question but didn't respond. He didn't know if there were an answer or if this was a plothole.
WinterCoat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The American Dream

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by WinterCoat »

"Magic," Brandy blurted out.

Yes, she was serious.
KamiPanda
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am
Custom Title: Shy guy
Location: Inside the mirror

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by KamiPanda »

Seb sighed, a little exasperated. "Not more magic..."
WinterCoat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The American Dream

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by WinterCoat »

"I think it's pretty obvious her and Belphegor are connected somehow," Brandy said matter-of -factly. "Magic makes sense based on what we know."
CaptainPancakes
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 am

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by CaptainPancakes »

"Magic isn't real," Ivan snapped. "...It can't be real...right?"
KamiPanda
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 am
Custom Title: Shy guy
Location: Inside the mirror

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by KamiPanda »

"Some of us are now friends with a talking bat," Seb replied drily. "Fighting against the facts of the situation we're in is pointless and counterproductive. Magic may be annoyingly nonsensical, but until we see otherwise we have to go along with it. I'd quite like to see it proved otherwise, though."
WinterCoat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The American Dream

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by WinterCoat »

CaptainPancakes wrote:"Magic isn't real," Ivan snapped. "...It can't be real...right?"
"Do you want to hear the answer that makes you feel more comfortable, or the truth?" Brandy asked casually, though there was a hint of sourness in her question. "Y'all can think I'm crazy if you want, but, like Seb said, Bruce can talk. I ain't sayin' it's the only possibility, but it's jus' the most likely to me. We're in enemy territory, so there's no tellin' what tricks they got up their sleeves."
CaptainPancakes
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 am

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by CaptainPancakes »

"Could it not be a machine, or perhaps equipped with some sort of speaker..?" Ivan sighed, rubbing his head. "Although, Ms. Fae disappearing from the chest is concerning, there has to be practical explanations..."

Even as he said this, his voice was clearly somewhat doubtful.
Collin1002
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:49 pm
Custom Title: fella
Location: right behind you

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Collin1002 »

"There's also the bolt of lightning Belphegor shot at Bruce," Oliver added, though he was looking at the poem rather than the others. "And the fact that, well, he somehow knows things about us... Like Carrie's parents, or Lavender's 'accident' being caused purposely. Honestly, I don't see any practical explanation for any of that."
Datamatt
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Datamatt »

"Nobody has any explanation for Satan walking around men," Daniel grunts in annoyance. "It's best to not think about it, soldiers. Your head will only hurt. But this poetry crap means nothin' to me. Only the ravings of an insane kid as far as I'm concerned."
Cold52
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm
Custom Title: Just another day.

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Cold52 »

"Ehh, whats magic but an undiscovered science, once upon a time cellphones didnt exist and look where we are today, hell go back further and I woulnt even be a damn mechanic cause all the things the inventors made that I fix up were just crap stewing in the bodiess of those basters just waiting to be shit out on the world.

Matt scratched his head.
"Damn lack of beer making me think too much on this bullcrap."
Doctor Nanjo
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by Doctor Nanjo »

The discussion of magic dies down after a while.

The group hear shouts coming from the mine elevator.

They gather, and see that Ivan and Matt have wrenched open the elevator doors. The lights are on inside.

Ivan informs the others that he and Matt fixed the elevators. Matt protests and swears a bit insisting he did all the work. Regardless, the people nearby seem excited about the elevator. Shizune in particular seems excited about the place being a little bit more considerate of her.

The group decides to explore the new caves together and they ride the elevator down in a handful of groups.

This area happens to be another ice cave. The group walks under a series of beams in a claustrophobic passageway into another large snowfield. The ceiling of this snowfield is covered in magnificent icicles. They spot a tiny building against the far wall. A strangely imposing concrete building with five windows: three upstairs, two downstairs. There are two doors on the first floor.
Spoiler: Concrete Building
The investigation of the building proves a little weirder. The upper floor contains a room with various clothes. There is such an inordinate number of outfits that one could dress themselves up like anybody. A familiar set of red and orange robes sits on one of the racks, in addition to other colors as well. There are mirrors in the place for checking out your appearance. The dim electric lighting in the building makes everyone look a little ghastly in it though. The other racks in the room contain gnarly weapons. Every time of weird medieval blade that one can imagine line the walls. There are harpoons, maces, sickles, and so on. The walls are bare concrete

Feeling a little uncomfortable, the group checks downstairs and finds two more rooms:

An empty room which has been entirely painted red, the door cannot be seen from within when it's closed, though it can still be opened by pushing on it.

A room with rows of seats (pews?) facing a single, wooden podium. An ornate bear rug sits on the floor. The walls have garish, flowered wallpaper. The walls are lined with shelves of dusty knick-knacks and jewelry boxes and so on.
The group leaves the building, feeling a little confused and cold. Off across the snowfield they can hear rushing water again. A river seems to run through this part of the cave as well. Seems like this river definitely isn't frozen, though entering it definitely would kill someone near-instantly.

One more thing in the snowfield catches their eyes: a stone slab sitting near one end, they all approach it, shivering.

The slab has a message carved into the side, and in the top is a basin filled with fourteen glossy black cubes.
Spoiler: Inscription
TAKE ONLY ONE

For those who want a little advantage in this game:

1. Steal one possession from the opponent you would like to know the greatest weakness of

2. Say the name of this person while holding their possession

3. Cast one die

4. If you succeed, then the possession will be consumed by the ritual, and the weakness of your target shall be found inside the die you have cast.
Spoiler: OOC Rules
If you want to take advantage of this opportunity, notify the GMs and your character will take a die in secret. You have a 2/3 chance of stealing successfully from another player of your choosing. If you succeed in the theft, you be told the result of your spell in quicktopic. If you fail the theft, that player will be notified of your action. Even if you succeed, the player will realize at some point that you have stolen from them.
Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainPancakes
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 am

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by CaptainPancakes »

"..."

Ivan looked contently at the slab, studying its contents.

"...Greatest...weakness?"

He almost seemed interested in the prospect.
WinterCoat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The American Dream

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by WinterCoat »

"Interestin'..." Brandy said, focused on the slab. "I s'pose this is one way to get the Killin' Game rollin'..."
SaizotheSixth
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:58 am
Custom Title: Just a guy online.

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration Pha

Post by SaizotheSixth »

"It could perhaps be useful to hold onto these for later use," Nail suggested as if he had always been there. "Maybe we can use them as additional lifelines in the midst of a tribunal. Though I doubt Belphegor will allow it, it would be worth a try."

He looked rather dusty, all things considered. Given that he had said he would be praying for the souls of the departed, though, it made sense.

Though he was also rather angry that his advice was not followed, so he was mostly ignoring Ben and Shizune. Ah, well. He'd probably come around eventually.
Post Reply