Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:19 pm
by grim_tales
Sebastian, thanks! :)
The wait for this game is killing me, but I'm waiting by playing PW1 again.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:23 pm
by CFZero
Guess_Who wrote:No, that only works on the Japanese mode.
Unless they changed it from the previous two games?
It worked in english mode as well... I was expecting the Japanese mode to only accept the GS3 insert and found it to unlock everything in both modes. So maybe its only availible in the japanese cartridge and wont be in the english one that comes out in October
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:01 pm
by Demonic Defense
Spoiler:
When you have to present evidence to prove that the blackmail could really hurt Ron: Present wrong evidence: Looks like the defense was just playing with himself. [Can you please rephrase that, Your Honor? For my sake?]
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:26 pm
by Ally-Oop!
Upon messing up with the Photo of "Fake*DeMasque" and Godot has a go;
: The only thing "peculiar" in this courtroom... is on top of your head. : Nick! Are you going to let him get away with making fun of your hair!? : (Yes... At least until I know he can't use his goggles to fry me or something...)
VOIP, Pile of Defense ash!
Edit: Another that made me laugh;
: Hey, now... If you're gonna have a pity party, invite me, too!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:53 pm
by Haruhi
Can't remember the exact quote, but...
: This is madness. : No, Maya, this is SPARDA.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:53 pm
by Gigafreak
CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5
presenting Iris' profile to Gumshoe (as Edgey) yields hilarity.
"yadda yadda, she's familiar, is she from an old case?"
"Well, everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir..."
"Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped somewhere along the way or something...?"
"D-Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from!?"
"I didn't hear it from anyone. It's just sorta how I imagine you to be... sir."
"(...D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)"
SO.
VERY.
GAY.
Edgeworth has fangirls!
surasshu wrote:
QBnoYouko wrote:
Poltergust wrote:I'm guessing that it's a reference to Dr. Wright from SimCity.
It could be a reference to their own Megaman franchise too. Wasn't Dr. Light called Wright at some point?
I thought it was a Dr. Right/Light reference too. But then, I've never even heard of this Dr. Wright SimCity guy...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:25 pm
by Demonic Defense
Oh wow.
: I'm on my 11th cup. I promised I would drink no more than 17 during a trial, so i'm still good 'til the last drop.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:20 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Haruhi wrote:Can't remember the exact quote, but...
: This is madness. : No, Maya, this is SPARDA.
Spoiler: 3-3
When talking to Lisa Basil, present evidence that she don't know anything about.
I'm sorry. That data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected. SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness! No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:34 am
by mario2000
Spoiler: Case 3-5
"Of course the body flew over the bridge! Whooooosh!"
That was just hilarious.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:54 am
by jorneydo
Present wrong evidence with edgeworth :judge bro: I see nothing wrong with this( I really dont remenver well) I was just testing you your honor, If you have the skills :judge bro: Why we wont test a penalty
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:10 am
by surasshu
mario2000 wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3-5
"Of course the body flew over the bridge! Whooooosh!"
That was just hilarious.
Hahaha, I loved that! And you didn't even get penalized for it cause it was so entertaining.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:43 am
by Demonic Defense
"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet! Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:45 pm
by surasshu
Spoiler: When presenting Maya's profile to Larry
You look totally different than two years ago. Don't you think, Nick? (Maybe it's cause we're always together, but she looks pretty much the same to me.)
A little jab from the writers to the sprite artists for using the same sprite even though she's 19 years old now?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:08 pm
by Mikker
Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet! Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
I thought his name would be something like that.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:43 pm
by Gigafreak
Mikker wrote:
Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet! Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
I thought his name would be something like that.
It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:11 pm
by zimny
I totally had to stop playing to post this...
ARE
YOU
HIGH! She's REALLY high up there!
Effing gold.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:57 pm
by Dahlia Hawthorne
Busterella wrote:
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.
But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:04 pm
by Busterella
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:
hey hey you you
i do believe that's my photobucket.
:D
And that's my screen :D
But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:
Oh, sorry! ^.^U
I forgot where I'd found it.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:05 pm
by The Sandwich
Gigafreak wrote:It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Sal Manella.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:32 pm
by Dahlia Hawthorne
Busterella wrote:
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:
hey hey you you
i do believe that's my photobucket.
:D
And that's my screen :D
But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:
Oh, sorry! ^.^U
I forgot where I'd found it.
teehee, i don't mind, there's no way you could have known. :p
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:45 pm
by CrawdKenny
Gigafreak wrote:
Mikker wrote:
Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet! Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
I thought his name would be something like that.
It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Isn't the translator an asian girl? I've seen interviews with her somewhere.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:19 pm
by saahil92
In case 3-5, when at the last witness, the Judge says whats in my sig
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:36 pm
by Gigafreak
DarzieP wrote:
Gigafreak wrote:It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Sal Manella.
Totally wouldn't surprise me. They meet in reality, hilarity ensues.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:39 pm
by CantFaketheFunk
Poor Chief. :(
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:46 pm
by RhythmStraw
: I must rub some of my oil all over my body before I become z'e nervous wreck! Z'ere. Oh oui, oui! Z'at feels good!
: Urgh!
Oh la la! Excusez-moi, monsieur!
: M-My eyes! My EYES!
(leftovers that Armstrong was using. *shudders*) I feel scarred...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:51 pm
by Delseban
The full quote about the flying person...
Spoiler: 3-5
"This sketch is exactly what happened. Of course the victim was flying through the air! You can see it right there in the sketch! ...Whoooooooosh!"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:54 pm
by Mikker
Spoiler: SERIOUS case 2 spoiler
:aiga: Wh-Wh-Why YOUUUUUU! How dare you even dare toimplythatonesosmartandcapableasIcouldeverfalltosuchlowlydepths! Whynottrydoingsomethingyourselveswiththosebigmouthsofyours!You'reallfools!Fools I say! Noneofyoucancomparetomygenius... You'realljustjealous! Sogoon!Desecrateme!Commemorateme!ThereisnothingthegreatAceDetectivecannothandle!Blackmail!Murder!Threads!I'llgetawaywithallofit! Aaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha! It's enough to make one laugh!
OH GOD, FOUND THIS
: I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.
THE JUDGE SAID SHENANIGANS! OMGWTFBBQ!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:18 pm
by Daramue
This has probably been mentioned a LOT of times already, but I found this one quite funny.
Spoon? I'm no Spoony Bard!
It's funny to think that a pretty inclusive Final Fantasy IV joke like that got in there. Well, it's not inclusive, but it's not exactly as well known as "All your base" or anything.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:18 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Spoiler: Case 4 - Day 1: Court
:gumshoe: Anyway, the criminal shoved the victim down from behind and stabbed her in the back! HOLD IT! Is that part of the witness's testimony as well? Of course it is. He pushed the victim hard in the back and she fell down right on her stomach! Hmm... ...I remember that happening once myself. It was really broodle. ...(Are you talking about seeing someone get pushed, or were you the one getting pushed? Or does it mean that you pushed someone down like that once...? With his mind-boggling tales and the way he said "brutal", I wonder if he's Canadian...)
...Mia, you are so dead to me.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:35 pm
by Gigafreak
CrawdKenny wrote:Isn't the translator an asian girl? I've seen interviews with her somewhere.
Not the translator. The chief's e-mail pen pal, 1337aZnPrInceSz, is probably male. After all... this is the Internet. Until proven otherwise, all girls are guys, all guys are guys, and children are FBI agents. (But some guys are really girls.)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:41 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Spoiler: Case 4: Court Day 1
Hmm... yes! I remember taking some photos of myself too! (Please! No details!)
By the way, that judge is a Canadian stereotype. I can tell by is overuse of talking about coffee, doughnuts and hockey. Also, he constantly ends his sentences with "eh."
I'm deeply offended (yet somewhat happy) that they bothered to make fun of my nationality.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:51 pm
by Mikker
That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:54 pm
by Twilightz
Guess_Who wrote:Case 3, present something useless to Lisa Basil:
- Umm, would you mind taking a look at this? - I'm sorry. That data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected. - SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness! - No, Maya, that is SPARDA.
OH. MY. GOD. I. NEED. TO. STOP. LAUGHING. XDDD
I will worship T&T now on. Can't wait for my copy.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
I know, right? That's my main purpose on this Earth. To make so sense whatsoever.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:03 pm
by surasshu
He also says "aboot". If that helps.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:24 pm
by Guess_Who
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:29 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Guess_Who wrote:
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.
To continue the stereotype, he talks about doughnuts and coffee. I'm just glad he doesn't emphasize his love for moose meat. <.<
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:41 pm
by Mayhem
Not been mentioned yet, I'm not sure if this was intentionally meant as a double entendre but it had me creasing up...
Spoiler: case 3-3
Talking about Gumshow preparing the weenie lunchbox for Maggey whilst she is locked up...
Even with my mouth, I'm not sure I could manage all that meat.
My fave other line so far is the SPARDA one too
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:43 pm
by Joebucks
I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.
PISTOL WHIP HIM!!!!!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 pm
by TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Godot Fan wrote:
I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.
PISTOL WHIP HIM!!!!!
Phoenix Wrong reference, I see.
Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun. Yeah, and their shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really. Evil shenanigans! I swear to God, I'll pistol-whip the next guy that says "shenanigans"!